Get it on Google Play
Get it on App Store
Get it on Google Play Get it on App Store
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys 2026-7th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
by Anonymous - 11/26/20 06:23 PM
Girls 2025-8th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
by Anonymous - 11/26/20 05:24 PM
Boys High School
by Anonymous - 11/26/20 05:18 PM
Boys 2024-9th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
by Anonymous - 11/26/20 05:17 PM
Westchester NY Youth Lacrosse
by Anonymous - 11/26/20 01:17 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums19
Topics2,144
Posts277,709
Members2,224
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE


FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 60 of 67 1 2 58 59 60 61 62 66 67
Re: Top Boy's Club Teams in New Jersey
Anonymous #310943 09/30/20 11:23 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is to the individual who posted about the LE 2024's. Before I respond, I must say this site has become childish where people argue back and forth over BBL and Leading Edge. It's as bad as Trump Biden. Everyone grow up and respond intelligently. Both Clubs have strengths and weaknesses. No one really cares about any team rankings until they reach the end of the summer season during their Freshman year; except the darn parents!

My first question is were you even there? If your on the NJ forum, I would assume your from NJ but there were no other NJ teams there when the 2024 's played. Did you drive all the way to Tinton Falls just to come watch?

The 2024's lost two games by 4 goals and one game by 5. They were in every game, Legacy probably dominated them a little more, they were 3-3 at halftime against Team 91. All the teams LE played were the exact same teams as the summer; their Attack and Middies did not change at all. Not Leading Edge though who has like 10 new kids, all of whom are upgrades from last summer when they lost to Team 91 (7-6) and Express (8-7). So to say they shouldn't be playing the LI teams is ludicrous. They play them all the time and will continue to do so and will have a chance to beat them in 2021.

LE had no set plays!!! Two practices!! The offense turned over so many new kids it was impossible to even run a play from last summer (which falls on the coaches for not getting a few in before this playday.) Likewise, this was the first time they got to see the new kids, so they played a little more. The defense looked good. The team was missing a starting defender and their best offensive player, who has a chance to be ranked very high in the nation once the age group is graded, is out until next year. Not an excuse but missing the best player who scored almost 40 goals last summer hurts.

The fall is to prepare for the summer. Yes, everyone likes to win but this a whole new team who will have to get used to each other. I'll revisit this next July/August 2021.

Good luck to everyone and I hope they let the tourneys go for this fall!!!

GCRL99

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Top Boy's Club Teams in New Jersey
Anonymous #310984 09/30/20 09:36 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
This is to the individual who posted about the LE 2024's. Before I respond, I must say this site has become childish where people argue back and forth over BBL and Leading Edge. It's as bad as Trump Biden. Everyone grow up and respond intelligently. Both Clubs have strengths and weaknesses. No one really cares about any team rankings until they reach the end of the summer season during their Freshman year; except the darn parents!

My first question is were you even there? If your on the NJ forum, I would assume your from NJ but there were no other NJ teams there when the 2024 's played. Did you drive all the way to Tinton Falls just to come watch?

The 2024's lost two games by 4 goals and one game by 5. They were in every game, Legacy probably dominated them a little more, they were 3-3 at halftime against Team 91. All the teams LE played were the exact same teams as the summer; their Attack and Middies did not change at all. Not Leading Edge though who has like 10 new kids, all of whom are upgrades from last summer when they lost to Team 91 (7-6) and Express (8-7). So to say they shouldn't be playing the LI teams is ludicrous. They play them all the time and will continue to do so and will have a chance to beat them in 2021.

LE had no set plays!!! Two practices!! The offense turned over so many new kids it was impossible to even run a play from last summer (which falls on the coaches for not getting a few in before this playday.) Likewise, this was the first time they got to see the new kids, so they played a little more. The defense looked good. The team was missing a starting defender and their best offensive player, who has a chance to be ranked very high in the nation once the age group is graded, is out until next year. Not an excuse but missing the best player who scored almost 40 goals last summer hurts.

The fall is to prepare for the summer. Yes, everyone likes to win but this a whole new team who will have to get used to each other. I'll revisit this next July/August 2021.

Good luck to everyone and I hope they let the tourneys go for this fall!!!

GCRL99

This is extreme wishful thinking. Good luck

Like Reply Quote
Re: Top Boy's Club Teams in New Jersey
TM@BOTC #311009 10/01/20 07:46 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All gibberish aside which NJ team has the most focused and institutionalized recruiting efforts for the HS sophomores plus? Thank you.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Top Boy's Club Teams in New Jersey
Anonymous #311029 10/01/20 10:16 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
All gibberish aside which NJ team has the most focused and institutionalized recruiting efforts for the HS sophomores plus? Thank you.

I do not think that there is any one club that is superior, many of the top clubs do a good job. As discussed on this forum before, it's the player that ultimately earns it, not the club. Most of the top club directors can pick up the phone and reach out on behalf of a player. No matter what year your kid plays, everybody knows who the top players are in each age group.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Top Boy's Club Teams in New Jersey
Anonymous #311133 10/02/20 11:28 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
All gibberish aside which NJ team has the most focused and institutionalized recruiting efforts for the HS sophomores plus? Thank you.

I do not think that there is any one club that is superior, many of the top clubs do a good job. As discussed on this forum before, it's the player that ultimately earns it, not the club. Most of the top club directors can pick up the phone and reach out on behalf of a player. No matter what year your kid plays, everybody knows who the top players are in each age group.
Totally on point.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: Top Boy's Club Teams in New Jersey
TM@BOTC #311530 10/07/20 06:17 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wake up NJ Lax. Are we all too busy with football? Ok cool, just checking. Let's get back to this after next tourney played. Post results here and we'll have a healthy jersey discussion/argument over it.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Top Boy's Club Teams in New Jersey
Anonymous #311536 10/07/20 07:24 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BBL BEST CLUB OUT OF NJ.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Top Boy's Club Teams in New Jersey
Anonymous #311565 10/08/20 08:55 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
BBL BEST CLUB OUT OF NJ.

BBL has a very strong program at the moment, however these things are cyclical, just ask Tri-State and Leading Edge. The trick is to survive the downside. LE is on a bit of a downswing, and Tri State looks to be trending a bit with the SHP kids. As far as not surviving the downswing, I think that Mad Dog NJ is a pretty good example. Jury is probably still out on clubs like Bluestar and Riot which seem to be growing at a steady pace, a couple of good teams in these programs, but they need a few more years of demonstrated consistency.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Top Boy's Club Teams in New Jersey
TM@BOTC #311569 10/08/20 09:30 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just curious on kids on 2023 or 2024 teams how many kids are cut or changed from a team like a LE.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Top Boy's Club Teams in New Jersey
Anonymous #311578 10/08/20 11:15 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Just curious on kids on 2023 or 2024 teams how many kids are cut or changed from a team like a LE.

A lot has to do with whether a better kid walks in the door, and their need at the time. When the 2023's went form 8th to 9th, I believe that they only added/dropped about 5 kids, not sure what happened this year.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: Top Boy's Club Teams in New Jersey
Anonymous #311583 10/08/20 11:40 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Just curious on kids on 2023 or 2024 teams how many kids are cut or changed from a team like a LE.
Entering high school is a big change. BBL 2024 is example of this. That team has been built and gearing up to go after LI's top teams.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Top Boy's Club Teams in New Jersey
Anonymous #311586 10/08/20 12:26 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Just curious on kids on 2023 or 2024 teams how many kids are cut or changed from a team like a LE.
Entering high school is a big change. BBL 2024 is example of this. That team has been built and gearing up to go after LI's top teams.

Problem is that they cannot compete with the holdback clubs, not their fault, just a fact. As for LI, they can gear up all they want, but the LI teams will gear up as well.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Top Boy's Club Teams in New Jersey
Anonymous #311595 10/08/20 02:54 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Just curious on kids on 2023 or 2024 teams how many kids are cut or changed from a team like a LE.

A lot has to do with whether a better kid walks in the door, and their need at the time. When the 2023's went form 8th to 9th, I believe that they only added/dropped about 5 kids, not sure what happened this year.

Between 8th and 9th you could see anywhere between 10 - 40% turnover, depending on talent. After 9th, they probably won't cut kids but about 20% will leave on their own for many reasons. Then each year they fill in positions with kids from other parts of the country as needed if they can't find them in NJ.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Top Boy's Club Teams in New Jersey
Anonymous #311623 10/08/20 09:15 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I remember back in 2017 when 4 of the top players left BBL Black 2019 to join RIOT.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Top Boy's Club Teams in New Jersey
Anonymous #311636 10/09/20 06:43 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
BBL BEST CLUB OUT OF NJ.

BBL has a very strong program at the moment, however these things are cyclical, just ask Tri-State and Leading Edge. The trick is to survive the downside. LE is on a bit of a downswing, and Tri State looks to be trending a bit with the SHP kids. As far as not surviving the downswing, I think that Mad Dog NJ is a pretty good example. Jury is probably still out on clubs like Bluestar and Riot which seem to be growing at a steady pace, a couple of good teams in these programs, but they need a few more years of demonstrated consistency.
4 out of LE 6 2022 poles are going to Yale, Hoopkins, Loyola & UPenn and we are less than 40 days into the recruiting process. I hope they survive this downcycle.

Like Reply Quote
Page 60 of 67 1 2 58 59 60 61 62 66 67
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled


Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.4