BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,504
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 42 of 99 1 2 40 41 42 43 44 98 99
Re: Westchester Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I thought Preds 2023 were well run. Id estimate ~100 kids were there. Kids were broken up in to enough manageable groups with enough evaluators for the program to get a good idea of the boys skills. Hard part is, did my son do enough to get noticed and was that enough to unseat a returning player. Since the 2023 team was pretty good last year its hard to know how many spots were actually open.

Short version, imho, great turn out, looked well run, music was a nice added feature and the weather was perfect.

Question- when did they say we would be notified? Is it email and phone call if offered a spot? No communication if no email or call?

How much will PT 2023 be impacted by defectors to express

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What kids went to express?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Without causing controversy can someone rank the top 5 teams in each age bracket for Westchester/Fairfield Counties?

2024-2019[/quote
Opinions were shared few posts ago ...
2023:
1. PT
2. Eclipse
3. Express North
4. Preds
5. 2way

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Without causing controversy can someone rank the top 5 teams in each age bracket for Westchester/Fairfield Counties?

2024-2019

1. PT
2. Eclipse
3. Express North
4. 2Way
5. Predators

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Predators tryout results being posted tonight?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LOL........
Without causing controversy can someone rank the top 5 teams in each age bracket for Westchester/Fairfield Counties?

2024-2019

1. PT
2. Eclipse
3. Express North
4. 2Way
5. Predators

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why LOL?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have two sons and I would like to see who runs the winning programs. When talking about coaching it's too much of a persons opinion. I think it's clear Primetime and Eclipse appear to be the better organizations in this area with the above posts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have two sons and I would like to see who runs the winning programs. When talking about coaching it's too much of a persons opinion. I think it's clear Primetime and Eclipse appear to be the better organizations in this area with the above posts.

Is this a question or statement? Your post is antagonist, looking to stir the pot. Where is it clear these 2 are the better organizations as you've said above? I'm not disagreeing with you-but you were very specific on your criteria, so you need to back it up. Have you looked at Tourney Machine to compare each of the programs' records from their 5-6 tournaments for each grad year? Is that where your statement came from? Or are you basing your statements on others opinions?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know for certain how many teams at each location for Express North 2023? We got our team just curious.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don't get it. You don't want to talk about coaching because such just leads to people expressing their subjective opinions, but you want to talk about which organization is the best because such is void of person's subjective opinions????

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why not ask the guy you are sending the fat check to? He might know how many teams if he responds at all. Now go get your shine box.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know for certain how many teams at each location for Express North 2023? We got our team just curious.

It looks as though there are two teams in Katonah (Pearsall and Hallinan) and one team in CT (Brameier) for 2023.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It looks as though there are two teams in Katonah (Pearsall and Hallinan) and one team in CT (Brameier) for 2023.

Hallinan is also coaching 2021?!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hallinan is also coaching 2021?!

Yes - a few of the head coaches are coaching more than one grade level. . . .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coaching multiple grade levels? How is that going to work when there is a conflict at a tournament?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coaching multiple grade levels? How is that going to work when there is a conflict at a tournament?

I would assume that only 2021 will have November tournaments (not 2023), but for summer, guess that an assistant coach would oversee one of the teams in the case of conflict. Ideally though, the parent club would request non-conflicting schedules for those affected teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With all the players trying out from CT surprised they didn't make a second team in Westport unless Brameier and Schreiber didn't want one?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So did all Warriors get a bunch of good players this year with all the shuffling of clubs this summer? On level with TS 91 now?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TS 91 upgraded big time. Not sure if Warriors at that level but they upgraded as well

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not being mean when I say, I hope the Sav's are shooting higher than TS 91. Even their select teams play C level tourneys

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anybody have insight on any large shift of players from team-to-team at the 2024,2023,2022 ages between Express North/CT, PT, Eclipse, 2Way, Preds?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anybody have insight on any large shift of players from team-to-team at the 2024,2023,2022 ages between Express North/CT, PT, Eclipse, 2Way, Preds?

Massive turnout at tryouts for all teams. Many many kids went from eclipse , 2 way express, pt and preds in that order and are now left with TS 91 and warriors. As a result of that, kids were bumped around big time. It felt like every lax player was trying out this year. I think kids that were bumped off of express or pt were shocked they were also cut from predators. Super competetive out there and 90 minutes is. Not a lot of time to make an impression

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think Express North Katonah AA has a number of new players

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't think it's a surprise Express absorbed more players from Chargers in CT. Downsized from 2 or 3 teams per grade to 1. Some others went PT, Eclipse, 2-Way. Weren't many TS 91 or Oreds helmets at Wxpress or PT tryouts so probably not much movement there. Don't know where old SuperStar ended up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I didn't know Warriors even had a select team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I wouldn't say C level. The Westchester Warriors 2022 won the Yale Tournament in the A division.

That was last summer and they will have a major upgrade for next summer. I saw a few hundred kids at tryouts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Westchester Warriors staff is incredible. My son plays on the 2023 team and all the coaches are Varsity Coaches. Tryouts were run like a well oiled machine.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let me be very clear on my former posts. Ts 91 is c level and do not attempt to compete above that. Warriors is not much better, but the price is right and coaching is great and they will get there

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has anyone heard anything about who will be the head coach for Yorktown next year? I've heard Marr was promised his job back and they are balking at rehiring him. Doesn't seem fair, they should do the right thing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Isnt there a required process underway by district to select between old coach and new coach

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Massive turnout at tryouts for all teams. Many many kids went from eclipse , 2 way express, pt and preds in that order and are now left with TS 91 and warriors. As a result of that, kids were bumped around big time. It felt like every lax player was trying out this year. I think kids that were bumped off of express or pt were shocked they were also cut from predators. Super competetive out there and 90 minutes is. Not a lot of time to make an impression

All very true. No one seems to mention 3d Tri-sate. Solid program with people who care. Defections have been a problem because 3d doesn't sell hype like the others do (which is sad because it winds up hurting the 3d program).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All very true. No one seems to mention 3d Tri-sate. Solid program with people who care. Defections have been a problem because 3d doesn't sell hype like the others do (which is sad because it winds up hurting the 3d program).

Agreed on all points. The top clubs made real cuts/additions and some good talented players had to go find new homes, which had a ripple effect. Changing rosters makes it hard on clubs to get teams playing right. There have to be some very good players who don't have a home or have to decide if they want to play on a B/C team.

2022-2024 had high numbers across tryouts and clubs. 2023 seems to be the peak year for tryout participants at clubs. The WSYL effect? I like that kids who aren't too good can find a place to play. Theory: most kids who play travel for their local town now tryout for clubs. Westchester and Fairfield have very high follow-the-leader mentality among kids and parents. On one hand, that is positive as they like the sport and keep playing it. On other hand, the quality of play ranges from awesome to pathetic. They have the cash to burn so cost is not an issue. Supply and demand says new clubs will pop up. The demand is incredibly high and well funded.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Can you shed some light on 3D. Tourneys. Etc.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Can you shed some light on 3D. Tourneys. Etc.

Large emphasis on stick skills and ball movement. They really pound their field/box model which is a lot of two man game mixed with quick ball movement.

Tourneys are selected based on what they have at each level. They have gone to Maryland Young Guns, and Big 4-HHH (AAA tourneys) and they have gone to Stowe (B tourney). It all depends on the talent they have on a roster.

They also do a couple of their own and attract talented teams from around the country. You'd be surprised how much good lacrosse is played in places like Georgia, Colorado, NorCal, and or course New England.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has anyone heard anything about who will be the head coach for Yorktown next year? I've heard Marr was promised his job back and they are balking at rehiring him. Doesn't seem fair, they should do the right thing.

Mahopac looking for a new coach if one of those guys is looking

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ditto on the 3D guys, they do a great job teaching, they do need to get more publicity in area, surprised they keep such a low profile for a national program. Bruce leaving for 2way set them back, but they have good guys in place if they can get kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express holding more tryouts in Fairfield through 2020s. They couldn't fill their rosters!!!?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express holding more tryouts in Fairfield through 2020s. They couldn't fill their rosters!!!?

Where did you see that? I haven't seen that anywhere or in any emails?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Westchester Warriors staff is incredible. My son plays on the 2023 team and all the coaches are Varsity Coaches. Tryouts were run like a well oiled machine.

Vin please stop coming on here and self promoting, its embarrasing

Like Reply Quote
Page 42 of 99 1 2 40 41 42 43 44 98 99
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard