BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,610
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 24 of 85 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 84 85
Re: Boys 2023 - 7th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Complete Losers. We are hanging out with the family enjoying the last few days of summer. When your kid is sidelined for overuse injuries, and is a burn out in 10th grade with major anxiety problems because you forced him to fulfill your dream in life, don't wonder what happened.

Hahahahahaha great post

Must have been able to take a litttle time out from your family on these last summer days to troll BOTC just at the right time to see the post you are answering. Loser and stop answering your own post.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A lot of talk about F$G, but it seems like nobody knows how competitive this team is, just curious are they any good

no, they dont even have a 2024 team.

They don't have anymore A teams. All are B level teams except for 2019 and 2020 which is B plus. From 2021 and younger they are B level and get worse each year.

Yet another "A team" idiot = if your team is not AA, it"s B!

No such thing as AA. There is A and B. AA is a marketing tool. Anyone who gets fooled by that never played a sport and will never understand.

But there is a B plus?

Enough. Fl$ is a b team. They lost to 3 villages 11-3 at their own tournament. They are not A or AA or B plus. They may not even be a B team. If you don't understand what that means we will make it simple. They are not a good team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Correction. Not that it makes a difference but FL$ lost to Three village 13-2 not 11-3. They entered the lax clash weak B division and finished 1win 2 loses. They did not enter the A division.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
4 kids cause of friends not talent obviously. Leave them Be

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A lot of talk about F$G, but it seems like nobody knows how competitive this team is, just curious are they any good

They don't have anymore A teams. All are B level teams except for 2019 and 2020 which is B plus. From 2021 and younger they are B level and get worse each year.

No such thing as AA. There is A and B. AA is a marketing tool. Anyone who gets fooled by that never played a sport and will never understand.

Is this really a hard concept for you?? AA is a subset of A, comprised of the truly elite teams. So, AA isn't its own classification

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is AAA? I Heard an owner telling a parent at tryouts that this is the team that they were trying out for.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is this really a hard concept for you?? AA is a subset of A, comprised of the truly elite teams. So, AA isn't its own classification

My kid plays on what you would call AA. I call it A. I don't see a separate category of AA for three teams on Long Island. Sorry. I see A and B. Top 5 are A with two or three on top which you would call AA. The rest are B. It makes more sense to call the top 6 A and the rest B. It makes no sense to have three teams AA teams and the next three A and the rest B. I will tell you as with my older kid who also plays on what you would call AA and I call A -- the colleges don't care. They know which tournaments are the good ones and they watch the top division. Does not matter if it is called A or B or AA. At the prospect camps they don't care or ask if a kid plays A ,B or AA.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yet another "A team" idiot = if your team is not AA, it"s B! [/quote]

No such thing as AA. There is A and B. AA is a marketing tool. Anyone who gets fooled by that never played a sport and will never understand.[/quote]

Is this really a hard concept for you?? AA is a subset of A, comprised of the truly elite teams. So, AA isn't its own classification [/quote]

My kid plays on what you would call AA. I call it A. I don't see a separate category of AA for three teams on Long Island. Sorry. I see A and B. Top 5 are A with two or three on top which you would call AA. The rest are B. It makes more sense to call the top 6 A and the rest B. It makes no sense to have three teams AA teams and the next three A and the rest B. I will tell you as with my older kid who also plays on what you would call AA and I call A -- the colleges don't care. They know which tournaments are the good ones and they watch the top division. Does not matter if it is called A or B or AA. At the prospect camps they don't care or ask if a kid plays A ,B or AA.
[/quote]

Only loser parents on this site for higher learning care about labeling their kids team, as if there is a hierarchy of scholarships that will be given out .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[ [/quote]

[/quote]

Cite any other mature sport where such an assinine approach to classification exists. And we're talking about Long Island, where despite growth in other areas, is still top 2 in the country for the game. There are more teams on LI at EVERY age group that deserve to be considered A than just 5! In any reasonable classification system, every tier will have teams that comprise the top, middle and bottom of EACH tier - that is accomplished by five teams how?!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Because there are not enough players to fill the number of teams on Long Island and the better players try out for the top 6 teams. Hockey has less players but less teams. Baseball has many more players than lax. So with the few players and the many teams for lacrosse one would expect only a hand full of A or AA teams. Does Long Island have more than 6 A/AA teams in any age group? If so who are they?

[

[/quote]

Cite any other mature sport where such an assinine approach to classification exists. And we're talking about Long Island, where despite growth in other areas, is still top 2 in the country for the game. There are more teams on LI at EVERY age group that deserve to be considered A than just 5! In any reasonable classification system, every tier will have teams that comprise the top, middle and bottom of EACH tier - that is accomplished by five teams how?! [/quote]

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Because there are not enough players to fill the number of teams on Long Island and the better players try out for the top 6 teams. Hockey has less players but less teams. Baseball has many more players than lax. So with the few players and the many teams for lacrosse one would expect only a hand full of A or AA teams. Does Long Island have more than 6 A/AA teams in any age group? If so who are they?

[

Cite any other mature sport where such an assinine approach to classification exists. And we're talking about Long Island, where despite growth in other areas, is still top 2 in the country for the game. There are more teams on LI at EVERY age group that deserve to be considered A than just 5! In any reasonable classification system, every tier will have teams that comprise the top, middle and bottom of EACH tier - that is accomplished by five teams how?! [/quote]
[/quote]
I'll cite a mature sport on TV where this doesn't happen. It's called Curling.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[

[/quote]

Again, missing the point that any category will have top, middle, and bottom teams at that category You are saying there are no middle or bottom tiers to A based upon the claim that there aren't enough players to do so. Huh? The middle and bottom tier teams in any category will lose more often than not to the top tier BY DEFINITION, yet your logic makes them B? Yet, the middle A tier teams dominate the (true!) B teams, and even most of the bottom A tier teams consistently beat the B team. The same thing plays in in any classification system, be it A, B, and C. Only A, a being the highest classification, warrants special 'recognition' of its top tier, or AA. The current shortsighted/exclusivity system taken is why most non-academic tournaments have improper team participation and very uneven levels of play, a classic symptom of immature sport and an inhibitor of the sport moving up the maturity curve!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[

Cite any other mature sport where such an assinine approach to classification exists. And we're talking about Long Island, where despite growth in other areas, is still top 2 in the country for the game. There are more teams on LI at EVERY age group that deserve to be considered A than just 5! In any reasonable classification system, every tier will have teams that comprise the top, middle and bottom of EACH tier - that is accomplished by five teams how?!

[/quote]

Again, missing the point that any category will have top, middle, and bottom teams at that category You are saying there are no middle or bottom tiers to A based upon the claim that there aren't enough players to do so. Huh? The middle and bottom tier teams in any category will lose more often than not to the top tier BY DEFINITION, yet your logic makes them B? Yet, the middle A tier teams dominate the (true!) B teams, and even most of the bottom A tier teams consistently beat the B team. The same thing plays in in any classification system, be it A, B, and C. Only A, a being the highest classification, warrants special 'recognition' of its top tier, or AA. The current shortsighted/exclusivity system taken is why most non-academic tournaments have improper team participation and very uneven levels of play, a classic symptom of immature sport and an inhibitor of the sport moving up the maturity curve! [/quote]

This is too far over the top. Fine a team that fits your child, your financial, etc, and move on from there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[

[/quote]

Again, missing the point that any category will have top, middle, and bottom teams at that category You are saying there are no middle or bottom tiers to A based upon the claim that there aren't enough players to do so. Huh? The middle and bottom tier teams in any category will lose more often than not to the top tier BY DEFINITION, yet your logic makes them B? Yet, the middle A tier teams dominate the (true!) B teams, and even most of the bottom A tier teams consistently beat the B team. The same thing plays in in any classification system, be it A, B, and C. Only A, a being the highest classification, warrants special 'recognition' of its top tier, or AA. The current shortsighted/exclusivity system taken is why most non-academic tournaments have improper team participation and very uneven levels of play, a classic symptom of immature sport and an inhibitor of the sport moving up the maturity curve! [/quote]

That should have read "inappropriate", not "non-academic" damn autocorrect!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
CURLING

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[

This is too far over the top. Fine a team that fits your child, your financial, etc, and move on from there. [/quote]

What you are referring to is the micro level - lax as a sport at the macro level is mired in an existing situation where growth is being stifled (not stopped - there IS a difference) by the status quo. This status quo is maintained by ignorance of the problem or an outright resistance to change by the self-proclaimed elite of the lax world - either way, it is preventing the sport from maturing to what it can be. The above classification approach wasn't over the top for baseball, soccer, hockey, etc - it is what is necessary for any youth sport to be considered "well organized", which in turn allows participants and teams to play at appropriate levels, tournaments to provide proper experiences as competition, etc. In total, organization at the macro level will increase the experience at the micro level - not sure why anyone looks at this through such a myopic POV, and can't see why the current system is holding lax back.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who are the 6 A and AA teams on Long Island for 2023? There are are not 6. There are 4 or 5. Can anyone name 10 A and AA teams on Long Island for this age group? Absolutely not. That's why calling teams A and AA does not work. Not enough teams. A,B and C works. You can't call teams that are really B teams A which you would have to do with the AA, A and B system.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Empire A.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who are the 6 A and AA teams on Long Island for 2023? There are are not 6. There are 4 or 5. Can anyone name 10 A and AA teams on Long Island for this age group? Absolutely not. That's why calling teams A and AA does not work. Not enough teams. A,B and C works. You can't call teams that are really B teams A which you would have to do with the AA, A and B system.

AA is not its own tier - it's simply the best of A. Thus, AA can't essentially equal A. I won't argue that I any age group that the divide between AA and the rest of A may be wider than expected, but that does not mean there are no other A teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A and AA 2023 teams are igloo, 9d1, express, s2s, true blue, outlaws and empire. Can argue some of these may not be an A team but it is a real struggle because most teams are not A level. If any other Long Island team goes out of state and plays A or AA teams they will be crushed. In fact most of these teams will be crushed by out of state A teams. True Blue struggled with out of state A and B teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A and AA 2023 teams are igloo, 9d1, express, s2s, true blue, outlaws and empire. Can argue some of these may not be an A team but it is a real struggle because most teams are not A level. If any other Long Island team goes out of state and plays A or AA teams they will be crushed. In fact most of these teams will be crushed by out of state A teams. True Blue struggled with out of state A and B teams.

The majority of the so called AA teams have holdbacks (90+1,Express,Igloo). If you go outside of New [lacrosse] the holdback issue is even greater. If every team is age appropriate you would not see a disparity. Express A team from last year has at least 5 kids on there team that cant play in the WSYL. Plus they added the new kid who cant play in the WSYL. So next July 4th weekend we will see who the top team is in 2023. in the end who cares, I'm actually kicking myself for even responding to this stupidity. Right now the two best teams on LI at the 2023 age group are the Bandits and Express Haugen, after that its a crap shoot. Its Football season anyway enjoy.......

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

True Blue is true "B".

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

True Blue is true "B".

Thank you for always thinking about TB, I'm sorry your kid didn't make the A team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

True Blue is true "B".

Thank you for always thinking about TB, I'm sorry your kid didn't make the A team.

Is True Blue or Express holding anymore tryouts?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Outlaws are definitely AA

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

True Blue is true "B".

Yes. Next summer. How about you call the director of either one and ask for private tryout.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

True Blue is true "B".

This has nothing to do with True Blue. Facts are facts. True Blue did not do well at NXT against B teams. The point was there are not enough teams to have a AA catagory. The hold back argument does not change things. You can't call hold back teams AA. Those who have older kids know you have only seen the start. Wait until 8th and 9th grade when out of state teams start to reclass kids. You will see teams with 100 percent turnover from the prior year and some being made of mostly hold back and reclassed kids with 16 and yes from Canada sending 17 year olds to play Long Island 14 year olds.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Very accurate assumption. We can beat any of the above teams this year. We reloaded and are stacked.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

True Blue is true "B".

This has nothing to do with True Blue. Facts are facts. True Blue did not do well at NXT against B teams. The point was there are not enough teams to have a AA catagory. The hold back argument does not change things. You can't call hold back teams AA. Those who have older kids know you have only seen the start. Wait until 8th and 9th grade when out of state teams start to reclass kids. You will see teams with 100 percent turnover from the prior year and some being made of mostly hold back and reclassed kids with 16 and yes from Canada sending 17 year olds to play Long Island 14 year olds.

I didn't realize there was so many people watching the NXT results. Exactly my point the teams that have the most holdbacks, reclass whatever the case maybe are right now the better teams. The teams that have all on aged players are pretty equal. With that said each year the kids get older that gap narrows, but from 6th-8th grade its very obvious. Once 9th grade rolls around 99% of kids will have hit puberty and the playing field levels out. I do like the laughs that goes on here so fire away moms and dads.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]A and AA 2023 teams are igloo, 9d1, express, s2s, true blue, outlaws and empire. Can argue some of these may not be an A team but it is a real struggle because most teams are not A level. If any other Long Island team goes out of state and plays A or AA teams they will be crushed. In fact most of these teams will be crushed by out of state A teams. True Blue struggled with out of state A and B teams.

True Blue is true "B".

I didn't realize there was so many people watching the NXT results. Exactly my point the teams that have the most holdbacks, reclass whatever the case maybe are right now the better teams. The teams that have all on aged players are pretty equal. With that said each year the kids get older that gap narrows, but from 6th-8th grade its very obvious. Once 9th grade rolls around 99% of kids will have hit puberty and the playing field levels out. I do like the laughs that goes on here so fire away moms and dads.

In Ninth grade the Long Island 13 or 14 year old will be playing 15 and 16 year olds. The gap won't close until later. Go watch a top tournament 2021 division. It is gross what is going on.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Very accurate assumption. We can beat any of the above teams this year. We reloaded and are stacked.

You know what happens when you ASSUME?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I wouldn't be surprised if we go deep in the wsyl next season. Don't forget, the holdback teams will show their true status for that event.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I wouldn't be surprised if we go deep in the wsyl next season. Don't forget, the holdback teams will show their true status for that event.

That's right. I can name a few holdback clubs: Igloo, Express, 91. We will be far superior once wsyl comes.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's right. I can name a few holdback clubs: Igloo, Express, 91. We will be far superior once wsyl comes.

Who will be superior? Dream all you want....the only teams fromLI that will be there will be Express, 91, and Bandits.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who will be superior? Dream all you want....the only teams fromLI that will be there will be Express, 91, and Bandits.

Long Island has won every year so far. This coming year better be the same. Honestly this is the year 2023 that has the most boasting and bragging parents compared to any other year. Let's hope it's not all talk and Long Island can win again.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Northstars will be there. You can bet your rent money on that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How is which teams participate in WSYL chosen?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You have to go to the qualifying regional tournament and place. The teams are seeded and chosen based on the place they finish.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You mean; how are teams chosen to participate in the WSYL?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Northstars will be there. You can bet your rent money on that.

Outlaws reloaded and are stacked? with the same players as last year or new?

Page 24 of 85 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 84 85

Link Copied to Clipboard