BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 34 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 33 34
Re: Girls 2023 - 7th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Empire is retooled and will be competing with the big girls this fall and summer. Best coach in the age group leading this team.

I'm thinking Elevate prevails again. Elevate definitely got stronger. But keep putting a target on your back. I don't think the games you'll be playing against Igloo and Elevate will be as close as you do.

Igloo, Elevate, Empire, LEG, Liberty and others need to stop hiding out in Mass and Penn tournaments, and test their metal against the Delaware, Maryland, and other Long Island teams. Then you can talk legit trash about how good you really are. Go play a few weekends against the likes of M&D, Heros, STEPS, TLC, and Skywalkers, just to name a few. All are accomplished programs. Then see how many T-shirts you win. Push your program directors to play harder tournaments in 2018. That's one of the ways your girls get better. Play better competition, and learn from the results.

By your logic YJ should be king of the hill by now?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Empire is retooled and will be competing with the big girls this fall and summer. Best coach in the age group leading this team.

I'm thinking Elevate prevails again. Elevate definitely got stronger. But keep putting a target on your back. I don't think the games you'll be playing against Igloo and Elevate will be as close as you do.

Igloo, Elevate, Empire, LEG, Liberty and others need to stop hiding out in Mass and Penn tournaments, and test their metal against the Delaware, Maryland, and other Long Island teams. Then you can talk legit trash about how good you really are. Go play a few weekends against the likes of M&D, Heros, STEPS, TLC, and Skywalkers, just to name a few. All are accomplished programs. Then see how many T-shirts you win. Push your program directors to play harder tournaments in 2018. That's one of the ways your girls get better. Play better competition, and learn from the results.

That's not what they were saying. But, if you want to beat the king you have to take them on.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If your daughter is in 7th grade, you don't need to go to Maryland yet. You will play against the best teams in the country, but recruiters are not watching these games. In 5 years she will burn out. Simple fact, Maryland teams don't come to LI. All winning there does is make more money for the club. You can go there when they are of recruiting age, and save yourself some money by staying on LI. Going to Maryland adds an extra $300-500 to your cost each weekend. The rosters on the big clubs will change when the girls get serious in high school. The natural athletes, girls that train in off season, and better players will continue with the sport. Chest pounding parents bragging about club lax in 7th grade is comical. Save your money and do some off-season workouts so your daughter improves.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

a lot of movement this year...every team will get better ..just don't want my daughter to be a fill in on a town based team...like YJ, igloo and liberty which have daddy coaches who will look out for their town only

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Empire is retooled and will be competing with the big girls this fall and summer. Best coach in the age group leading this team.

Yes the All Star Express and 3rd bracket at Laxin out Loud provided much better competition. The girls looked much better this past summer

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe there is a reason why they are hiding. As they say in Baltimore: "You come at the king, you best not miss."

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If your daughter is in 7th grade, you don't need to go to Maryland yet. You will play against the best teams in the country, but recruiters are not watching these games. In 5 years she will burn out. Simple fact, Maryland teams don't come to LI. All winning there does is make more money for the club. You can go there when they are of recruiting age, and save yourself some money by staying on LI. Going to Maryland adds an extra $300-500 to your cost each weekend. The rosters on the big clubs will change when the girls get serious in high school. The natural athletes, girls that train in off season, and better players will continue with the sport. Chest pounding parents bragging about club lax in 7th grade is comical. Save your money and do some off-season workouts so your daughter improves.

well said ! everyone realizes once they have reach ms/hs but by then its too late....you have already wasted your money and time...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Empire Mom - your self generated hype will make you look stupid come tourney time. You will not be able to compete.

And you would know this because?? Wow there are so many obnoxious human beings on this thread

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
liberty results out...wondering what teams are actually worth my money

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
liberty results out...wondering what teams are actually worth my money

Liberty A teams are usually solid and competitive with solid coaching, B teams not so much

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]liberty results out...wondering what teams are actually worth my money

Liberty A teams are usually solid and competitive with solid coaching, B teams not so much

Liberty A in this age group isn't strong

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

For your edification, it's "test their mettle", not "metal". Mettle is the courage to carry on. If someone wants to "test your mettle," they want to see if you have the heart to follow through when the going gets tough. You're welcome.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
New 2023 coach is listed on the YJ web site.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where is this new coach from?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
there are no new coaches .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Where is this new coach from?

Team 91

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Where is this new coach from?

Team 91

Raquel?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]Where is this new coach from?

Team 91

Raquel?

Nope she's the 2024 coach for YJ now

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
At this level!!! The girls are f n 12

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who?!?!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I see so many lofty comments from Empire parents.
Who is this "wonder coach"?! As stand now, your best girls have, and will continue, to leave for other programs. It's happening already in many age groups. Let's see you throw your hat in the ring in MD, big girls.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Who?!?!

The coach is the girls varsity coach for Lynbrook, I think.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They will beat some good teams

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Privacy
[quote=Anonymous]Empire is retooled and will be competing with the big girls this fall and summer. Best coach in the age group leading this team.

Who?!?!

The coach is the girls varsity coach for Lynbrook, I think.

And he's not a Daddy coach

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Empire has a team?? Who did they play?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why are teams like Elevate and liberty and legacy in this conversation? How about the jesters. They beat all 3 of these teams. Never had a problem with liberty black. Best elevate last two times. And legacy last summer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Why are teams like Elevate and liberty and legacy in this conversation? How about the jesters. They beat all 3 of these teams. Never had a problem with liberty black. Best elevate last two times. And legacy last summer.

Jesters need to compete in stronger tournaments. Jesters should be playing in the National Draw, Lax for the Cure and Mid Atlantic Summer Classic in Maryland to challenge themselves. When they play in non descript tournaments it doesn't do them any good.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]Why are teams like Elevate and liberty and legacy in this conversation? How about the jesters. They beat all 3 of these teams. Never had a problem with liberty black. Best elevate last two times. And legacy last summer.

Jesters is a town team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
jesters -thats funny

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]Why are teams like Elevate and liberty and legacy in this conversation? How about the jesters. They beat all 3 of these teams. Never had a problem with liberty black. Best elevate last two times. And legacy last summer.

Jesters are better as the St Rose hoops team than they are as a lacrosse squad

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]Why are teams like Elevate and liberty and legacy in this conversation? How about the jesters. They beat all 3 of these teams. Never had a problem with liberty black. Best elevate last two times. And legacy last summer.

Jesters is a town team.

Keep an eye this summer. Daddy ball is gone. Should see some strong improvements with this team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]Why are teams like Elevate and liberty and legacy in this conversation? How about the jesters. They beat all 3 of these teams. Never had a problem with liberty black. Best elevate last two times. And legacy last summer.

Jesters is a town team.

Keep an eye this summer. Daddy ball is gone. Should see some strong improvements with this team.

They need to go to competitive tournaments

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Jesters is a town team.

Daddy ball is gone? Whose coaching this team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who is this "wonder coach"?! As stand now, your best girls have, and will continue, to leave for other programs. It's happening already in many age groups. Let's see you throw your hat in the ring in MD, big girls.

I would love to know what "best girls" you think left or will leave Empire? If that's so true, what are their names? It's quite the opposite actually. There are at least 4 girls that left Igloo, TG black & YJ to go play for Empire.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would love to know what "best girls" you think left or will leave Empire? If that's so true, what are their names? It's quite the opposite actually. There are at least 4 girls that left Igloo, TG black & YJ to go play for Empire.

The bench riders of those teams went to Empire, they are still ok players and will probably start there. Empires best girls left. I know one who went to TG.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

The bench riders of those teams went to Empire, they are still ok players and will probably start there. Empires best girls left. I know one who went to TG.

That is absolutely false. 1 girl went to TG bc its closer to where she lives. There were 2 girls on igloo, 1 left completely & the other is doing both team (I think) 1 is goalie who i heard is very good. The other I think is mid or attack. Not sure

I've seen all these comments about "bench warmers". That doesn't mean someone is not good. Maybe they haven't had the chance to show their talent

I mean look at tom Brady for example. He was a 6th round pick, didnt play 1 st season & only played in 2nd season when Bledsoe was injured. That turned out well for him and NE.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are we talking about empire Nassau? Or Empire Suffolk?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My friends daughter is on the team and just confirmed only 1 girl voluntarily left to go to TG Black. outside of that no one else left.
Players from Igloo, Top Guns Black and Yellow Jackets left their organization and joined The Empire Nassau 2023 team. The team was established last year and had a great season. So much talk about the talent and coaching staff that during 1 tournament I walked over with a few other parents just to watch their games and we were all very Impressed.

As a coach looking at the team from the outside they will be ranked this year as a contender with the top organizations.
If you haven't seen or competed against them I'm sure they would be happy to scrimmage other teams during the
fall season.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Funny Yellow Jackets is falling apart with girls and coaches bailing out on their teams. Lately their teams
are NOT the team to beat anymore. They've become a B+ organization at best. I know the truth hurts and you will
disagree but no one is impressed anymore. So pay your money and have a good time wearing your yellow jacket
apparel if that makes you feel good about yourself oh wait! it's suppose to be about your kid NOT you.
What a Joke!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are we talking about empire Nassau? Or Empire Suffolk?

Nassau

Page 6 of 34 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 33 34

Link Copied to Clipboard