Use this thread to discuss things about the Duke's lacrosse club

Top Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

#240585 - 08/31/17 08:56 AM Re: Duke's Lacrosse [Re: TM@BOTC]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

No one cares about Duke's anymore. They no longer have a Monopoly and are no longer getting all the best kids.

Top Reply Quote
#240606 - 08/31/17 10:00 AM Re: Duke's Lacrosse [Re: TM@BOTC]  
Laxers412 Offline
Laxers412  Offline

Duke's is growing everywhere so how can you say they no longer have a Monopoly? They recently aligned themselves with the Twist and are in like 5 different regions now on top of their elite nat'l team.

Top Reply Quote
#240637 - 08/31/17 11:36 AM Re: Duke's Lacrosse [Re: TM@BOTC]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Dukes Nationals is elite at the 22 age group only. The 2; is not bad and the 24 is horrible!!!! Gonzo is a lying sack of poop , who does not live by his system. Buyer beware.

Top Reply Quote
#240690 - 08/31/17 02:47 PM Re: Duke's Lacrosse [Re: TM@BOTC]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

How is he going to justify moving his kid, that was average at best on the 23 team, to that 22 team? I would love to see where he is on the depth chart....

Top Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
#240707 - 08/31/17 03:42 PM Re: Duke's Lacrosse [Re: TM@BOTC]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

The Dukes 22 team isn t even a legit 22 team. They have a bunch of 21's from MD playing down on that team.

Top Reply Quote
#240708 - 08/31/17 03:48 PM Re: Duke's Lacrosse [Re: Laxers412]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Originally Posted by Laxers412
Duke's is growing everywhere so how can you say they no longer have a Monopoly? They recently aligned themselves with the Twist and are in like 5 different regions now on top of their elite nat'l team.

Are you serious? Twist Lacrosse? Come on man, Dukes North,Dukes Main Line, Dukes VA, and now Dukes Twist are mediocre to below average clubs talent wise. And the National team is a complete joke and scam to take advantage of overzealous parents living vicariously through their kids.

Top Reply Quote
#240712 - 08/31/17 04:07 PM Re: Duke's Lacrosse [Re: Anonymous]  
Laxers412 Offline
Laxers412  Offline

I just know of their high school teams and personally watched their 2021's play up at the Best of the Best and did real well considering playing up and their 2018's went 5-0. And I also know of guys who played their 2019 Team (not sure which one) and that team was solid too so maybe they do well at the high school level with their ability to get into top events and their track record of college placement as evident on their website over the past decade. Who would you say are the top 5-10 programs in PA? NXT is B at best, Rough Riders are decent, Big 4 is solid of course but curious to hear people's thoughts...

Top Reply Quote
#240725 - 08/31/17 05:18 PM Re: Duke's Lacrosse [Re: TM@BOTC]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Dukes is doing a great job top to bottom. Yes I am a Dukes parent. I am around all the age groups at their camps and events and they are all doing well. The kids that want to follow in the foot steps of other great Dukes kids will find there way to the younger teams. There are professional coaches with kids on the teams now. Must be doing something right.

Top Reply Quote
#240731 - 08/31/17 05:46 PM Re: Duke's Lacrosse [Re: TM@BOTC]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

It seems Dukes is looking to provide opportunities for kids of all talent levels to play for their club, which I think is commendable. Dukes Elite HS and Dukes Young Guns are very well run and it looks like Dukes Main Line is well run. If the current guys running Twist lacrosse stay and continue to run the program under the Duke's banner than that club will be fine also.

The only issue I have with Dukes is that they tried this before with Dukes north and Dukes Blue Mountain and those ventures were horrible failures. But I guess the common denominator for those 2 programs was one guy, who now runs DN. Give it time, he will expose himself over there too.

Top Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
#240737 - 08/31/17 06:08 PM Re: Duke's Lacrosse [Re: TM@BOTC]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

I am just curious why there was a board started specifically about Dukes? I hope the person who initiated the board didnt expect there to be no bashing.

Top Reply Quote
#240741 - 08/31/17 06:41 PM Re: Duke's Lacrosse [Re: Anonymous]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Originally Posted by Anonymous
I am just curious why there was a board started specifically about Dukes? I hope the person who initiated the board didnt expect there to be no bashing.

B/C in Philly they are the top dog and doing a bang up job with their players and teams. Thats why everyone talks about them. If you care enough to bash em, its only bc they are better and have something you don't. That is the nature of this board.

Top Reply Quote
#240742 - 08/31/17 06:46 PM Re: Duke's Lacrosse [Re: TM@BOTC]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Awesome!!! Dukes has their own channel on here. Dukes is out trying to make it better and the Philly lax community wants to shut em down... Ha. LI has 91 and & LIE. Baltimore has Crabs and FCA. Now Philly has earned its place at the table with Dukes. Well done. Well done.

Top Reply Quote
#240745 - 08/31/17 07:21 PM Re: Duke's Lacrosse [Re: Anonymous]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Originally Posted by Anonymous
Awesome!!! Dukes has their own channel on here. Dukes is out trying to make it better and the Philly lax community wants to shut em down... Ha. LI has 91 and & LIE. Baltimore has Crabs and FCA. Now Philly has earned its place at the table with Dukes. Well done. Well done.

Are you insane or is your name Gonzo, Your comparing Duke's to 91? Ball hogging , Daddy Ball, Run by a degenerate who doesn't pay his coaches, Too busy chasing women around to pay his bills, list is never ending

Top Reply Quote
#240751 - 08/31/17 08:06 PM Re: Duke's Lacrosse [Re: TM@BOTC]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Where have you been the last 20 years? Dukes has always been a top notch HS program nationally. The only reason there is all this hating on Dukes now is because of their stupid Dukes National team and their entrance into youth lacrosse. Now all the crazed parents who are so invested in little Johnny's lacrosse 7th grade team get so angry when DN beats them. Newsflash: no one cares about youth lacrosse. The DN team is hurting the Dukes brand no question about it.

Top Reply Quote
Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 22 23
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
Image Verification

TOURNAMENTS/SHOWCASES
Harding Battle by the Bay
Harding Summer Sunset
Andy Forsberg Memorial Lacrosse Tournament
JC17 Memorial Shootout for Dreams