BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 35 of 35 1 2 33 34 35
Re: Duke's Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Translation?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Freedom 28’s rolledddddd past Dukes! The most entertaining part is watching the Dukes coaching staff come unglued🤣🤣

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Freedom 28’s rolledddddd past Dukes! The most entertaining part is watching the Dukes coaching staff come unglued🤣🤣

I take it there is some bad blood between these two ‘28 teams? What’s the backstory? Both teams are pretty solid from a talent perspective (no dog in this fight)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good battles between the two local teams, Freedom for sure has had the Duke’s number…
That said, Freedom parents are THE WORST

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dukes bought by the same group that recently bought Brotherly Love? Philly lacrosse going corporate, shame.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I had heard BPG might buy Duke's but haven't seen any confirmation. Have not been a fan of the changes to BL and was considering moving my son to BL.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What changes have you seen that would warrant concern? How do you go “corporate” in lax? Sounds like coaching will all stay as is…

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anybody know what this Duke's Elite Helm team is all about? Will these just be the only High School teams? Or is this their "National" team and regular old Duke's Elite will be the non-national teams?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just HS, guess EB wanted something of his own to keep a pet of the program. The national team they run is Premier Nationals.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We were offered a roster spot to which we replied and paid for said roster spot. Almost a week has gone by with no communication whatsoever. I have emailed three different email addresses and have not received a response from any.

Is this normal?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
We were offered a roster spot to which we replied and paid for said roster spot. Almost a week has gone by with no communication whatsoever. I have emailed three different email addresses and have not received a response from any.

Is this normal?

I would say generally this is not normal. Given that Dukes sold to a conglomerate, my guess is they haven't figured out the who is doing what. You would think that a professionally run organization would have that all buttoned up when the deal was inked. I'm sure they will get it all figured out and you'll get a response. But certainly doesn't distill confidence out of the gate.

Generally, I wouldn't expect too much communication from the club during Late July/Early August. Everyone is taking vacation after the spring/summer/tryout season. Late August the communicate will pick up as they start ramping up for the fall practices that will begin in September after Labor Day.

While I have never been part of Duke's or the parent company, most large clubs have a communication Director that all questions should be funneled through. Probably the type of information they will get to you once they figure out who is doing what.

In closing, is it annoying - yes. is it unexpected - probably not given Duke's changes. will it get better? - hopefully/probably.

Enjoy what is left of summer. you've got the next 11 months to worry about your lacrosse team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Duke’s MSI is completely outside of their normal teams; Ebe must’ve mandated access to his own team, in order to sell. Not sure why they have HS plans young ages as well. Big corporations means teams everywhere I guess..?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
English translation?!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think he is saying:
EW must’ve demanded a team in order to sell, hence, the Duke’s MSI (believe EW owned the rights to the club name)
The big corporations wanna make profit, so they saturate the market w teams - doesn’t make sense but trusts what they do. Duke’s will go from 1 team to probably 3 or 4, depending on geographical reach.

Like Reply Quote
Page 35 of 35 1 2 33 34 35
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard