BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,160
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 93 of 111 1 2 91 92 93 94 95 110 111
Re: CHAMINADE Lacrosse. Stories and news.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Anyone that thinks a PS grad and Chaminade grad of equal grades and Lax ability have the same opportunities is insane. A D1 school would take a chaminade grad over PS grad any day of the week and twice on Sunday. Sorry.

Don't see one Cham player on the field today at the Nat Championship. A bunch of LI public kids ripping it up!

Besides Muller, other starters rotanz swr and Dolan was a umass transfer. Oconnell was chaminade grade, but non starter. How many public schools had more than 1 player on Maryland. And look across the teams in tourney. How many chaminade grades

Northport fogo started for MD, but was pulled. OSU had two Smithtown kids, neither play. MD has a Smithtown West kid who doesn't play. Syosset has fogo on MD, never plays. Riverhead freshman on MD don't think he plays either. Not sure if I missed anyone? Looks like Rotanz was the only LI difference maker

Tim Muller(Cham) Danny Dolan(GC)

Muller and Rotanz stand out players, the rest...not so much. So can we agree that both public and private LI helped get the job done?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It really bothers me how Garden City hasnt had the balls to play Chaminade, even though they play similar schedules. They just dont want to lose all of their GC talent to CHaminade once the kids see Garden City get their asses handed to them. It really shows how much gc wants to keep their "recruits".

So what you are saying in essence is that GC kids at the public are superior to the kids playing at Chaminade from other towns and would unseat those kids. Hate to tell you this but in HC we embrace the kids and families from Chaminade and the public school. Unlike most (your) town we all get along just fine. If your son wants to get a Chaminade education we encourage you to take advantage of that. If you would like an excellent public school education we also encourage you to pursue that. Lacrosse is a very small part of the development of our young people. Thanks for your concern and sorry it "really bothers you", enjoy your holiday while reflecting on those lost in battle, which includes a Chaminade graduate.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone that thinks a PS grad and Chaminade grad of equal grades and Lax ability have the same opportunities is insane. A D1 school would take a chaminade grad over PS grad any day of the week and twice on Sunday. Sorry.

Don't see one Cham player on the field today at the Nat Championship. A bunch of LI public kids ripping it up!

Besides Muller, other starters rotanz swr and Dolan was a umass transfer. Oconnell was chaminade grade, but non starter. How many public schools had more than 1 player on Maryland. And look across the teams in tourney. How many chaminade grades

Northport fogo started for MD, but was pulled. OSU had two Smithtown kids, neither play. MD has a Smithtown West kid who doesn't play. Syosset has fogo on MD, never plays. Riverhead freshman on MD don't think he plays either. Not sure if I missed anyone? Looks like Rotanz was the only LI difference maker

Tim Muller(Cham) Danny Dolan(GC)

Muller and Rotanz stand out players, the rest...not so much. So can we agree that both public and private LI helped get the job done?

Sure, but you must acknowledge and now agree with the original post on this thread. 2 chaminade players on team. 3 from all the other PS schools on LI.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey, how was that last lacrosse game for you? My senior will be playing for a county championship this week and then preparing to enter a top 20 school. So proud of him and our awesome public school program.

Congratulations! You are the perfect parent... but, how did you possibly predict the AAA Catholic League Championship was going to be cancelled Senior year?? Had I known, definitely would've gone publi:/

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh Besides, All American, Defensive player of the Year, Muller??

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Its Grad not grades. According to inside lacrosse there were 12 Chaminade Alumni competing in the 2017 NCAA tournament with 4 of them Team Captains.

Those "captains " didn't get their job done...typical Cham issue

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey, how was that last lacrosse game for you? My senior will be playing for a county championship this week and then preparing to enter a top 20 school. So proud of him and our awesome public school program.

You're lying. If it were true, You would not feel the need to brag... on an anonymous forum. Loser.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fair comparison - 1 private school vs entire LI public school player pool :I

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Its Grad not grades. According to inside lacrosse there were 12 Chaminade Alumni competing in the 2017 NCAA tournament with 4 of them Team Captains.

Those "captains " didn't get their job done...typical Cham issue

25% of all the Teams involved had a Chaminade grad as a captain including Maryland , I guess you know more about lacrosse and leadership then the coaches.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So BayShore HS has the number one UN model club in the US, a top IB program that only a handful of LI schools have! They boast a top 25 filled withivy scholarships offers and acceptances WITHOUT sports! Tell me the same about your school district! Our dual language program is a model not only for NYS but for the country! We have a groundbreaking PreK program, tell me some of the"non lacrosse" achievements in your district, HACK!! NCC is going to continue a powerhouse for left back!

Chaminade is smoke and mirrors. They don't win any highly competitive national competitions. A joke

Are you really trying to compare one of the best schools on the island to one of the worst. You cant be serious.

I will say, just like Chaminade or any other Catholic school, the BSHS did not make those students they way they are. The district at one time had very strong direction and great primary school, leadership right now is suspect and unproven; Maybe too much government rules and regulations, maybe not. You bring up the Dual language program, Bay Shore primary schools did a great job years ago identifying the accelerated students and their families at an early age (2nd grade - Not the HS, HS just benefited). You stood in line to get your child a seat in the UPK program. It wasn’t a babysitting service and an effort had to be made by the families. The service wasnt available for all, it was a lottery, treated as a select program. If your child was lucky enough to get a seat they would always have a leg up. I remember they said they would always track the UPK students’ progress; i have yet to see one - guess that fell to the wayside. The students who you are identifying as the top 25 were identified well before HS. Many (not all) of them graduating now and in the past few years were the product of a "Mr Fallon" and the old board which pioneered many things for their children. Not sure you will see the likes of those again (at least another 4 years).

As far as AP, St John’s and St. Anthony’s offer those same students you mentioned as the top, the opportunities to take AP exams, would be interesting to see how the students marks match up to their neighborhood brethren.

Did any of you ever read that there is a 60/40 minority split, yes 60% minorities, so it shouldn't come as a surprise that the main language (spoken in home) at the school is not English and the %'s project to get worse over time. Yes, worse; are you kidding me. I still dont believe that one (BOE page, auditors information). The school also wants to get rid of those programs that made our children flourish, those accelerated programs. Because like in sports everyone gets a participation trophy and how dare someone try to better themselves or their children. and I didnt even get to the gangs, violence, arrests and drugs. You will say every school has them right, ill agree to a point. but you ask any defector they will say you lose the kids and families because of the Middle school culture. 8th grade graduation is a real eye opener for some. Try getting a grip on that. Although the high school is different, I can fully understand those not willing to gamble with their children's future.

Sports/activities, its simple. If you are a female great, a runner even better, if you are in music or drama it is an amazing school. Bring back the marching band! However, if you are male and play competitive sports please research your options. Is the core of the boaster club a figure-head chair who thinks they are the AD, worse thing that happen to district. Sorry, not the worst that would be the non existent AD. All in all a recipe for disaster. As far as lax, it is a, could have | should have | would have. This should have been the best year BS had in a decades. and not just Basketball. The talent had been there since youth. Bay Shore has always had some good youth programs look at its pool of talent. Never want to see anyone lose their job but it is time, its time for the Athletic Director and his side kick chair to go.

That said, some families have better resources regardless, but wherever you go, you get out whatever you put in.

Yeah there is a lot going on in Bay Shore, they are at a turning point and I am not sure in the right direction. Confused as to how someone can compare them to Chaminade in either sports or academics. There was a time about 6 to 8 years ago that that could have been possible but the past is just that, the past; whether recent or distant. One thing for certain, the future doesn't look that good. Careful BS, the Superintendent knows a thing or two about the minority demographics, not sure that's the right direction you want to go towards.

and I quote "...demographics shifts have created barriers between parents who do not understand English or the American school system..." are you kidding me. "... Bay Shore has taken "deliberate" steps to break down those barriers...", yes they are breaking down those barriers at the cost of the brighter, dare i say "new" minority (upper/middle class to affluent) students, because as the post above says the minority shift has changed.

Im not Betsy Devos but the Non-Speaking and Special Ed students will be getting the honey out of the pot going forward, scary to me. The IB has how many students, wonder how long that cost will be viable, before it is cut? The superintendent asks to take an active role in your students future, me, looks like i will remain an active participant by moving from the school district.

I wish the issue was a lax coach, our issues are much deeper. Wonder what the voucher system will cover.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So, the real NYS HS championships will start play this week. Who ya got?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think you're on the wrong thread, there is a boys high school lax page to post on. This one is actually dedicated to a specific HS you just can't stop thinking about.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In 5 years Bay Shore HS will be Amityville HS.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think you're on the wrong thread, there is a boys high school lax page to post on. This one is actually dedicated to a specific HS you just can't stop thinking about.

Since it's a Lax thread and your boy is done, thought you might want to follow the exciting upcoming games. But I'm sure you have some hot dogs that need grilling.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Since it's a Lax thread and your boy is done, thought you might want to follow the exciting upcoming games. But I'm sure you have some hot dogs that need grilling.

Thanks for being so thoughtful... keep the updates coming. MSG varsity can't even spell lacrosse

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Regarding GC/Cham -- here are a couple of theories on why they don't play that I have heard of and I am sure there are more - one is that an argument developed when a Cham coaches son did not get much playing time at GC many moons ago and another was that Cham lax camp was sending articles into the local GC newspaper which some felt was a form of recruiting - GC coaches do not hesitate in saying they want to keep all GC players at GCHS with their friends in a top academic school with excellent lacrosse. Some families feel strongly about a Catholic education and all the benefits that Cham provides. Either choice is fine if it is right for your son. I would love for the schools to start playing again but it will not happen with the current coaches in place. It is a missed opportunity to raise a lot of $ for a worthy charity.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Regarding GC/Cham -- here are a couple of theories on why they don't play that I have heard of and I am sure there are more - one is that an argument developed when a Cham coaches son did not get much playing time at GC many moons ago and another was that Cham lax camp was sending articles into the local GC newspaper which some felt was a form of recruiting - GC coaches do not hesitate in saying they want to keep all GC players at GCHS with their friends in a top academic school with excellent lacrosse. Some families feel strongly about a Catholic education and all the benefits that Cham provides. Either choice is fine if it is right for your son. I would love for the schools to start playing again but it will not happen with the current coaches in place. It is a missed opportunity to raise a lot of $ for a worthy charity.

Why does Money have a part in this? It a missed opportunity for some top programs to place each other in their backyards. Why turn it into a money grab charity or not.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I never thought of raising money for a charity as a money grab - it is about to trying to help someone out in need and both communities are fortunate enough to do that as are many communities on LI. Now if we are talking Express lacrosse - that's a money grab....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
why don't they scrimmage each year?GC scrimmages St.Ants frequently... it would provide an opportunity for kids who chose to attend Chammy to play against hometown kids even if they will not be playing during regular season in many cases. everyone usually gets to play in scrimmage setting since they usually play more than 4 quarters.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
why don't they scrimmage each year?GC scrimmages St.Ants frequently... it would provide an opportunity for kids who chose to attend Chammy to play against hometown kids even if they will not be playing during regular season in many cases. everyone usually gets to play in scrimmage setting since they usually play more than 4 quarters.

It's a scrimmage so really who cares!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you do know that scrimmages are used to help a team improve and prepare for season?
two powerful teams scrimmaging prepares both teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
would care more than seeing GC or Chaminade whip some team by 15-18 goals ....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Scrimmages don't count, ever. They are not a barometer of a teams success. They are used to evaluate players and schemes. The only people who view a scrimmage as a real test are those who have no knowledge of organized sports. I played in tons of scrimmages in multiple both football and lacrosse, not one meant anything. Kind of like a pre season football game in the NFL.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Scrimmages don't count, ever. They are not a barometer of a teams success. They are used to evaluate players and schemes. The only people who view a scrimmage as a real test are those who have no knowledge of organized sports. I played in tons of scrimmages in multiple both football and lacrosse, not one meant anything. Kind of like a pre season football game in the NFL.

You keep telling yourself that.

I hope in the next 2 to 3 years GC WM SW Cham SA Manhasset and Pequa all play each other whether scrimmage or not

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You keep telling yourself that.

I hope in the next 2 to 3 years GC WM SW Cham SA Manhasset and Pequa all play each other whether scrimmage or not

And you keep believing they count guy who never played. Ridiculous!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think that the players play just as hard in scrimmage or game. coaches coach just as hard in either as well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think that the players play just as hard in scrimmage or game. coaches coach just as hard in either as well.

Again, if you believe that you have never played. But if you want to claim an imaginary victory off of a scrimmage, you would think that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
no one claiming win or loss. its about improving. take it easy. I know difference between game of record and scrimmage. never implied anything else but an opportunity to get on field together..... geez.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ignore the hostile reply about claiming a win . just a d-bag. he is the one who keeps score of scrimmages.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess the holdback formula doesn't garner even honorable mention on all L.I.
may want to reevaluate early commits...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In response to never played. i don't know about original poster , but I did in fact play football, hoops and lax at top school in N.C.

The habits we were taught were to practice as if in a game. to play hard all the time not just while daddy and mommy are watching at game acting like a know it all.

Point t is that scrimmages are important, fun and developmental. in any sport. you think schoolyard basketball isn't competitive? football workouts/scrimmages in beginning of season? how about club lacrosse, it doesn't really matter the score does it? its about improving. so please calm down about keeping score in scrimmages. the post was suggesting a way to get two great programs on the field no one predicted who would "win".
If you cant understand that its sad.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In response to never played. i don't know about original poster , but I did in fact play football, hoops and lax at top school in N.C.

The habits we were taught were to practice as if in a game. to play hard all the time not just while daddy and mommy are watching at game acting like a know it all.

Point t is that scrimmages are important, fun and developmental. in any sport. you think schoolyard basketball isn't competitive? football workouts/scrimmages in beginning of season? how about club lacrosse, it doesn't really matter the score does it? its about improving. so please calm down about keeping score in scrimmages. the post was suggesting a way to get two great programs on the field no one predicted who would "win".

Try this, hold your breath really hard, then blow it out your [lacrosse], red neck clown.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Really? What top school? Let us determine how "Top" your school is. Let us determine your credentials. Here's a hint NC Central is NOT a top school!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
maybe N.C. is Nassau county? that would be Chaminade or Garden City.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Did you read how this fellow writes? No way he went to one of those fine academic institutions. Hence the North Carolina reference.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Did you read how this fellow writes? No way he went to one of those fine academic institutions. Hence the North Carolina reference.

WOW

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How does Chaminade freshman class look? I hear that this batch is best ever. Maybe this is the year they give the freshman and sophomores a chance. especially on defense. its about time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How does Chaminade freshman class look? I hear that this batch is best ever. Maybe this is the year they give the freshman and sophomores a chance. especially on defense. its about time.

Yes they are. No doubt the best ever. They have requested to play Div 3 lax schedule this spring. Some may skip Chammy altogether and go pro.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ask us next year after they re-class.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ask us next year after they re-class.

Omg every year the same sh$t

Like Reply Quote
Page 93 of 111 1 2 91 92 93 94 95 110 111
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard