BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,564
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 19 of 85 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 84 85
Re: Boys 2023 - 7th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Not an Express parent, however a good friend son on team and he said they are at 27 players to date. I guess you will see at the Coloumbus tournament they are supposedly playing in it.

Who else is playing there?

Leg-a-cee, True Blue, Empire are a few teams I've heard

Those are B teams. Express will win the t-shirts again.

So why go into the tournament?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How come no empire kids try out for real A team? Are they happy playing in B tournaments to try for a T shirt? Or simply not good enough?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not an Express parent, however a good friend son on team and he said they are at 27 players to date. I guess you will see at the Coloumbus tournament they are supposedly playing in it.

That seems reasonable given they have a few players that cannot compete in the WSYL due to age ineligibility and they want to field at least 24 kids for that event. 27 is large but not wholly unreasonable given the potential for injuries.

Anything more than 21 or 22 is too many!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
30....lol...not a chance buddy

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why did Express Haugen take so many kids this year? Roster size getting close to 30. Are there so many hold backs that they didn't have enough to go to Denver? Or is this just like the 2022 team that has over 30 kids but only 15 play?

This is the Express status quo - half a team subsidizing the other half! Keep laying out those big bucks so you can say your son 'plays' on Express!

Is the original post from an Express parent? How do you know they have taken 30 kids. I am not an Express parent but I know many people on the team and we have discussed team dynamics. Nobody mentioned the team size was expanding considerably from years past.

Well they added players this year, at least 3 of them so unless they got rid of someone they are approaching 30

Heard of at least one of their players on attack went back to his old team

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did Express field 3 teams at this age level again?

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Why did Express Haugen take so many kids this year? Roster size getting close to 30. Are there so many hold backs that they didn't have enough to go to Denver? Or is this just like the 2022 team that has over 30 kids but only 15 play?

This is the Express status quo - half a team subsidizing the other half! Keep laying out those big bucks so you can say your son 'plays' on Express!

Is the original post from an Express parent? How do you know they have taken 30 kids. I am not an Express parent but I know many people on the team and we have discussed team dynamics. Nobody mentioned the team size was expanding considerably from years past.

Well they added players this year, at least 3 of them so unless they got rid of someone they are approaching 30

Heard of at least one of their players on attack went back to his old team

maybe you should have your son try to go to a different team before the start of the season.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Testing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nope. Check the email. Even the kids that played zero minutes in some games are still on roster. Ridiculous. Why they stay for the torture I don't know. Embarrassing for all of us. And now we added 5 more kids? I get we have to defend the title in Denver but still.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How come no empire kids try out for real A team? Are they happy playing in B tournaments to try for a T shirt? Or simply not good enough?

What "real" A team??......Last year, the team played in A division for all tournaments......."Good enough you question?"......PLENTY, Just happy with the team, unlike many others. And Yes, they can hang with a majority of the teams out there....
Remember; Colleges don't give a rats [lacrosse] who your little Johnny plays for or tournaments they are in as a 12/13 year old!!....,

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When people are happy with product that is produced no reason to look elsewhere

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes my friends son was offered a spot on there third team. Listen I think its nuts Express can care less about that team, but if people are craziness enough to lay out the money Express would be crazy not to capitalize.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think with Express A showing last year in tournaments and there additions this off season puts them ahead of the Bandits and make them the preseason #1. Anyone want to complete 2-10 or 2-5

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think with Express A showing last year in tournaments and there additions this off season puts them ahead of the Bandits and make them the preseason #1. Anyone want to complete 2-10 or 2-5

Problem is last time they played Bandits won big. This time of the year everyone makes additions and thinks they have the best team. Let the games play out. Express is definitely older

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

ok primetime dad that just switched Ill play along
on LI
1. Bandits beat express soundly last time out added top defensemen
2. express- beat Bandits once got beat up second time. suspect coaching, added talent
3. True Blue on the Rise talented with good coaching
4.Igloo starting to lose talented kids huid from big tournaments
5. S2S Good core of talent added some quality players
6. Empire
7. Outlaws

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes my friends son was offered a spot on there third team. Listen I think its nuts Express can care less about that team, but if people are craziness enough to lay out the money Express would be crazy not to capitalize.

people know what they are getting here yes our team will be 25 plus. Bigger question is how does AJ deal with it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Did you not read the previous post correctly, True Blue is in the tournament.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That seems reasonable given they have a few players that cannot compete in the WSYL due to age ineligibility and they want to field at least 24 kids for that event. 27 is large but not wholly unreasonable given the potential for injuries.

Anything more than 21 or 22 is too many!

If your not on the team why do you care? If your on the team you already know what you have signed up for so no surprises.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nope. Check the email. Even the kids that played zero minutes in some games are still on roster. Ridiculous. Why they stay for the torture I don't know. Embarrassing for all of us. And now we added 5 more kids? I get we have to defend the title in Denver but still.

Yes it is 27 and we happen to know someone who isn't on list that is playing as well. Could easily be 30

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

on LI
2. express- beat Bandits once got beat up second time. suspect coaching, added talent
6. Empire
7. Outlaws

Outlaws can be subbed with 91 Warriors. Igloo needs to drop a little more. Other than that this is a good outline going in. Who knows who will come out on top.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What "real" A team??......Last year, the team played in A division for all tournaments......."Good enough you question?"......PLENTY, Just happy with the team, unlike many others. And Yes, they can hang with a majority of the teams out there....
Remember; Colleges don't give a rats [lacrosse] who your little Johnny plays for or tournaments they are in as a 12/13 year old!!....,

Great Post! Have two in college. One high D3 one mid D1. Neither of them played on any of these super teams. Played where they could get on the field and compete in decent tournaments. Did well in individual showcases and prospect days. Both had interest all up and down their spectrums. Both chose situations where they could be successful academically and athletically. Point of the story, play on a team where your son is on the field and getting better against the best competition you can find. With new rules fall of 10th grade and following summer mean everything for recruiting now. Until that point, play on a team that gets your son the most reps. 7,8 and 9th is your time to get better and improve. These new rules are great for the slow growers and late bloomers. Measure your son's travel team by how much better he is after the travel year. If he's no better find another team. I remember when my son played travel, he would come back to his town team and play so much better. That's what its all about. Getting better. Somewhere along the way travel has become more about the name on the jersey than improving as a player.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

people know what they are getting here yes our team will be 25 plus. Bigger question is how does AJ deal with it.

The 3rd team is 25 plus? Is White out and AJ coaching this team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes. B team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes. B team.

So Haugan must be a B team for going to OT with them

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is it true that True Blue is running a charity tournament in summer 2018?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Great Post! Have two in college. One high D3 one mid D1. Neither of them played on any of these super teams. Played where they could get on the field and compete in decent tournaments. Did well in individual showcases and prospect days. Both had interest all up and down their spectrums. Both chose situations where they could be successful academically and athletically. Point of the story, play on a team where your son is on the field and getting better against the best competition you can find. With new rules fall of 10th grade and following summer mean everything for recruiting now. Until that point, play on a team that gets your son the most reps. 7,8 and 9th is your time to get better and improve. These new rules are great for the slow growers and late bloomers. Measure your son's travel team by how much better he is after the travel year. If he's no better find another team. I remember when my son played travel, he would come back to his town team and play so much better. That's what its all about. Getting better. Somewhere along the way travel has become more about the name on the jersey than improving as a player.

Very good post. It takes some time to educate yourself navigating through the youth lacrosse maze. I found a organization with a coach that has improved my sons game. The team is very good, most importantly the coaches put the work in and the team is sold on their coaching philosophy. Along with that, the team more or less flies under the radar. You hit the nail right on the head, it's seems like it's all about the name than developing the player. Beware, don't get involved in the lacrosse "reality show." Form the outside, I see it going on all the time. Some parents will literately befriend others, and then cut the friends head right off without blinking an eye.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

on LI
6. Empire
7. Outlaws

Outlaws can be subbed with 91 Warriors. Igloo needs to drop a little more. Other than that this is a good outline going in. Who knows who will come out on top.

How can Empire be #6 when they beat #3 True Blue. BTW until TB beats Igloo & S2S they will always be ranked behind them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Whoever is posting all this stuff is a jackass.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who gives a flying frogs fat [lacrosse] if Empire is ranked #3, #6, or #23?What matters is that the kids seem to be really enjoying themselves and are improving. They are playing in pretty good tournaments and doing well. The coaching is awesome and they treat the kids great. Parents all seem to get along also. If the team continues to stay together they will just get more competitive.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Empire did good against express. Only lost by 2 [lacrosse]. Definitely improving.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great post best laugh of the day, not an empire guy but more teams should go by this moto

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

on LI
6. Empire
7. Outlaws

How can Empire be #6 when they beat #3 True Blue. BTW until TB beats Igloo & S2S they will always be ranked behind them.

TB tied S2S 2 years ago. And TB went to OT with Express. Last time S2S played Express they got smoked. Looking forward to next meet up!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

on LI
6. Empire
7. Outlaws

TB tied S2S 2 years ago. And TB went to OT with Express. Last time S2S played Express they got smoked. Looking forward to next meet up!

Some people say cucumbers taste better pickled

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lol
Tied 2 yrs ago

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

on LI
6. Empire
7. Outlaws

And Hilary was ALMOST president.......TB is still an average team, until you can beat the Bandits,Igloo,Express A or play them consistently you will always be trying to play catch up lax.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lol
Tied 2 yrs ago

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lol
Tied 2 yrs ago

Lol. OT LAST YEAR!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LOL nobody cares about TB! Keep telling yourself daddy coach how great you are.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

on LI
6. Empire
7. Outlaws

TB also got smoked by Express in their first meeting 13 to 5. Sad when you base your average season on one game that you almost won.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is the best fall tournament on Long Island?

Page 19 of 85 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 84 85

Link Copied to Clipboard