BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 10 of 45 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 44 45
Re: Boys 2022 - 8th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Enough with the fees, it's a business, you have choices. This is club lax and you shouldn't do it by what is convenient or cheap or who can carpool. Otherwise, stay with the local town club teams they are great options and a lot are as good as a B team at a club. At least it's close and you're playing with kids you know and potential coaches down the road. But if you want club, seek out the best team your son can make and travel to that location to practice. You mind fees and the extra travel to practice if it's worth it.

Spoken from someone who's kid did not get any better writing checks to club teams. You do it so you can have the status of saying your kid plays for XYZ lacrosse. That make you a fool my friend !

Nope, I travel 40 minutes to practice. Because it's the best team he made with the best coaching. I was giving advice because often people choose convenience. I understand that it's hard to juggle travel and a full schedule. I am simply saying don't settle for a product the under delivers because it's close to home. And if you cant travel, stay with a town travel hybrid.

Town team travel is not available to most locales . . .

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Enough with the fees, it's a business, you have choices. This is club lax and you shouldn't do it by what is convenient or cheap or who can carpool. Otherwise, stay with the local town club teams they are great options and a lot are as good as a B team at a club. At least it's close and you're playing with kids you know and potential coaches down the road. But if you want club, seek out the best team your son can make and travel to that location to practice. You mind fees and the extra travel to practice if it's worth it.

Spoken from someone who's kid did not get any better writing checks to club teams. You do it so you can have the status of saying your kid plays for XYZ lacrosse. That make you a fool my friend !

Nope, I travel 40 minutes to practice. Because it's the best team he made with the best coaching. I was giving advice because often people choose convenience. I understand that it's hard to juggle travel and a full schedule. I am simply saying don't settle for a product the under delivers because it's close to home. And if you cant travel, stay with a town travel hybrid.

You are delusional ! We all settle for a product that under delivers. I have seen plenty of kids that "play" for a top team and they still have not gotten any better since they were younger. They still have the same bad habits like hanging the stick, or not knowing where they should be. Its pretty pathetic that we all pay thousands for a sport that will never make any money for out kids !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Empire 2022 Green- yes. Heard three kids left for better teams.
Heard nothing about coaching.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I have seen at tourneys this past season GC34, Eagle Elite, Sachem Rising, Three Village, Smithtown, Vikings, RVC Futures, etc. It's becoming more and more available. I am of the opinion, sometimes these are good options if your son is not on the A team. If it run correctly, it works. If it's half baked and the coaches would rather be at the beach than coaching, it's a waste.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

At least 5 starters left Empire Green for greener pastures. Thats a big hit to take for any team, hope all fair well.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Successful Towns Like WM, Smithtown, GC, CSH, WI to name a few have solid lacrosse infrastructure and consistently put out strong players. Also despite losing solid players to teams like SA and Chaminade they still remain highly competitive. Club has it's place but is not as relevant for these Towns especially given new college commitment rules. However not all towns have this so CLUB is good option. Bottom line Lacrosse is a great sport the more that play the better for the GAME.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I have seen at tourneys this past season GC34, Eagle Elite, Sachem Rising, Three Village, Smithtown, Vikings, RVC Futures, etc. It's becoming more and more available. I am of the opinion, sometimes these are good options if your son is not on the A team. If it run correctly, it works. If it's half baked and the coaches would rather be at the beach than coaching, it's a waste.

You've listed ~7 town teams - there are 125 school districts on LI!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You've listed ~7 town teams - there are 125 school districts on LI!

I said teams I saw. And I was just making a point that you in my opinion you shouldn't make a decision solely based on convenience. However, I know it's not that simple. A lot factors weigh into these decisions. If a good town club program exists, it's a good option vs a B team. Further, if a better option exists but is too far, it's worth thinking that through based on what you want from a club experience. I think of all time and money we all invest in this, if I have to drive 30 extra minutes for the best situation, it's worth it. Now I am driving to Westchester, no. But a trip cross county lines is not a big deal.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

At least 5 starters left Empire Green for greener pastures. Thats a big hit to take for any team, hope all fair well.

Pathetic daddy ball and practices are a joke.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was told FL$ lost 3 of its top 4 middies- 2 to Express and 1 to another team. If I was wrong , I am sorry but why the nasty replies. Can people just answer questions on this forum without nasty juvenile replies.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So neither Schwajle or Chucks rosters are final, not a game played but Schwajle is the better team?? NO ONE knows what teams are going to be good this year in AA, A or B! The Channy team is the Channy team but after that, it's a toss up!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So neither Schwajle or Chucks rosters are final, not a game played but Schwajle is the better team?? NO ONE knows what teams are going to be good this year in AA, A or B! The Channy team is the Channy team but after that, it's a toss up!

How would you have any insight to the rosters. And Schwaljle is supposed to be the better team. But who knows until they play the games.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How would you have any insight to the rosters. And Schwaljle is supposed to be the better team. But who knows until they play the games.

Well said.. Just let them play.. stop with the pre-season predictions

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Outlaws suck, the player they picked up is very good. But they are the least improved team of the year. Express, igloo, 91, legacee, igloo B, express b, outlaws, in that order and that's just LI. Another 7-10 teams better than outlaws in the Tri-state, pa and md.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Outlaws suck, the player they picked up is very good. But they are the least improved team of the year. Express, igloo, 91, legacee, igloo B, express b, outlaws, in that order and that's just LI. Another 7-10 teams better than outlaws in the Tri-state, pa and md.

I'm an express parent(chucks) and you sir are unhinged! What kind of savage says 13 years olds suck! No one knows how are any of the teams will play, until we play! We took a chance this year with our sons team and we will let it play out. If he personally gets better, it will be great! That's what all of us looking for, to see our boys grow, develop and enjoy the game! We get to ride with them and see some great games and hopefully meet some nice, DECENT people along the way too!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Some people on this planet are just plain miserable in life ... this board has been quiet... so you come on and [lacrosse] on a topic that you know nothing about. Seek therapy!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Outlaw troll has such a sad life. You look foolish. It's time for you to get a life. You're like a crazy bitter ex-girlfriend. Sad

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Almost got it right Igloo number one Express number two the rest could all line up behind those two teams

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Almost got it right Igloo number one Express number two the rest could all line up behind those two teams

point please ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 is the team to beat this year. JR in the house. Express and igloo can take a back seat baby!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 is the team to beat this year. JR in the house. Express and igloo can take a back seat baby!!!

9D1 parents desperate to put LY behind them. Keep licking those wounds, the sun has set on 9D1 at this age group. It was a great run for them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just show up at the Tri Star October Fest. It will be the best the tourney to play in this fall. Moving the date should spark the interest of out state teams. Will probably have greatest depth for A & B and nice finale to fall.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Some people on this planet are just plain miserable in life ... this board has been quiet... so you come on and [lacrosse] on a topic that you know nothing about. Seek therapy!

Outlaws will be just fine

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Will they be fine? They just lost a bunch of coaches, and so called management for player development. Massive annual turnover.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What about Empire Green? What's that team all about this year?

Is that a true question ? Imploded lost top players

word is they lost a lot more then top players. Hearing 15 kids gone.

Did the players leave because of the coach who was from another organization before Empire?

From what has been said from parents of players on that team, YES.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What about Empire Green? What's that team all about this year?

Is that a true question ? Imploded lost top players

word is they lost a lot more then top players. Hearing 15 kids gone.

Did the players leave because of the coach who was from another organization before Empire?

YES

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Will they be fine? They just lost a bunch of coaches, and so called management for player development. Massive annual turnover.

FAKE NEWS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well more than three kids left Empire Green! Many of them left for good reasons most stemming from the coaching ....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just show up at the Tri Star October Fest. It will be the best the tourney to play in this fall. Moving the date should spark the interest of out state teams. Will probably have greatest depth for A & B and nice finale to fall.

Isn't that scheduled for the same day the 2022's who are interested take the CHSEE?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

FAKE NEWS

Your right they lost the Port Guy that never showed up
That's good news
Outlaws Are a Very good team. Will compete and play anyone

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

FAKE NEWS

That's good news

Then you suck for hiring a varsity coach and losing many other coaches. Keep the terrible self promotion to get your $2,500 from suckerzzzz.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

FAKE NEWS

That's good news

Ha ha, the outlaws will play anyone guy, the outlaws don't back down to nobody guy...at what point is it about the kids? This isn't a fiat fight behind a 7-11, let the kids play other B teams, go 50/50 and have a fun year. Why play up into A divisions and continually lose?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Outlaws suck, the player they picked up is very good. But they are the least improved team of the year. Express, igloo, 91, legacee, igloo B, express b, outlaws, in that order and that's just LI. Another 7-10 teams better than outlaws in the Tri-state, pa and md.

Will they be fine? They just lost a bunch of coaches, and so called management for player development. Massive annual turnover

FAKE NEWS

That's good news

Ha ha, the outlaws will play anyone guy, the outlaws don't back down to nobody guy...at what point is it about the kids? This isn't a fiat fight behind a 7-11, let the kids play other B teams, go 50/50 and have a fun year. Why play up into A divisions and continually lose?

I am so sick of this Outlaw basher... my sons play in the Express organization and I come on here to hear about things other than Outlaws. I am sure they will be improved like many teams. But this guy is unbelievable. Give it a rest already.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Outlaws suck, the player they picked up is very good. But they are the least improved team of the year. Express, igloo, 91, legacee, igloo B, express b, outlaws, in that order and that's just LI. Another 7-10 teams better than outlaws in the Tri-state, pa and md.

Will they be fine? They just lost a bunch of coaches, and so called management for player development. Massive annual turnover

FAKE NEWS

That's good news

I am so sick of this Outlaw basher... my sons play in the Express organization and I come on here to hear about things other than Outlaws. I am sure they will be improved like many teams. But this guy is unbelievable. Give it a rest already.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

FAKE NEWS

That's good news

[/quote

Ahhh the return of the "Why Play Up" Guy... predictable guy!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bitter Outlaw troll. Just ignore him.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/quote]

[/quote]

What is a a fiat fight?!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/quote]

What is a a fiat fight?![/quote]

OUTLAW DEEZ NUTS!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm sure this simple question will turn into a [lacrosse] show but what are folks thoughts on the Elite 80 thing Igloo is doing? I am not a New Yorker so just trying to get info on this event .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son attended the Elite 80 last year. It was very organized, all D1 coaches advertised to appeare were there. The coaches were very into it and engaging. A lot of touches - drills, skill work, and scrimmages. Competition was good. Facilities were nice - easy to get to. For an 8th grader not sure what else you would want to consider.

One may argue competition was not great - are people traveling from the West coast and Mid Atlantic. He may see some - but for the most part you will get Tri-State kids and a few Northeast. But that should not effect you.

Page 10 of 45 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 44 45

Link Copied to Clipboard