BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Boys 2019 - 11th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
TM@BOTC Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
It's the start of the Fall 2017/Summer 2018 season. Use this thread for your posts regarding this age group

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Boys 2019 - 11th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are the Mama's boys a full program or a couple of teams

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They have 4 or 5 boys teams. I'm not sure what they are doing with the 2019 team this year, they aren't listed in the tryouts. It's a fun group of boys, hopefully they get together for a few tournaments.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just heard that Bluefish team imploded. Most kids going with the coaches to another program. I guess Tierney isn't the end all be all in travel lacrosse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Just heard that Bluefish team imploded. Most kids going with the coaches to another program. I guess Tierney isn't the end all be all in travel lacrosse.

I also heard that the Outlaws Select team fell apart as well. I guess the grass wasn't greener there either.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tierney was at Dodgers tryouts. Word has it clubs are merging under one umbrella.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tierney was at Dodgers tryouts. Word has it clubs are merging under one umbrella.

Dodgers run by two Hofstra alum, so wouldn't be surprising . . .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you merge the better players from bluefish A team with the dodgers better kids they would actually have a very good team. Even if all bluefish A team goes with coaches to other program Tierney inherits a solid dodger team that he can put into really good recruiting tournaments and do well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

team will be called long island tradition falling under express umbrella

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you merge the better players from bluefish A team with the dodgers better kids they would actually have a very good team. Even if all bluefish A team goes with coaches to other program Tierney inherits a solid dodger team that he can put into really good recruiting tournaments and do well.

Put in pretty good recruiting tourneys? interesting that last year we were not in very good showcases and had hardly any college coaches at these events. What will change to now make him be able to get into better events. His track record hasn't been that great

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Put in pretty good recruiting tourneys? interesting that last year we were not in very good showcases and had hardly any college coaches at these events. What will change to now make him be able to get into better events. His track record hasn't been that great

You're kidding right? So Tierney has no connections? Your out of the loop friend!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I also heard that the Outlaws Select team fell apart as well. I guess the grass wasn't greener there either.

PB and the Outlaw days are long gone. Time has passed him by.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did anyone say that he has no connections. I believe what was said was that he didn't get his teams into the top showcases.

So No I am not kiddin-GEEEEEZ

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did anyone say that he has no connections. I believe what was said was that he didn't get his teams into the top showcases.

So No I am not kiddin-GEEEEEZ

So why don't you post which showcases they played in and let the BOTC members see if you are accurate

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe because your bluefish A team wasn't good and didn't want to get embarrassed. Dodgers at least will give him a legit A team. U guys went to crabfeast and were smoked.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
why would I have to list since all the kids left and the parents all bitched that the tourneys weren't strong. if you know any parents just reach out to them and hear it first hand.

believe it or don't. I really don't care. wait if we are going to let the BOTC members decide then let me get the list- yeah right

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So,I'll bite. What happened with the outlaws, thought they were solid. Where did they go?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe because your bluefish A team wasn't good and didn't want to get embarrassed. Dodgers at least will give him a legit A team. U guys went to crabfeast and were smoked.

Um, I'm not a Bluefish guy. Sorry

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why are all these 2019 teams falling apart? It's the last year for these players and the most important. Outlaws, Bluefish and I hear the Schreiber Express team was a mess. Some Chammy boys from there at the Dodgers tryouts. Is it really all about money or does any of these clubs care about the game?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't why this is happening, I have heard that a lot of these players are joining the 365 showcase team. Has anyone else heard about this?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You're kidding right? So Tierney has no connections? Your out of the loop friend!

The Bluefish is a blatant money grab replacement for the camp money that Tierney used to make. His unwarranted arrogance is comical. He has never made the playoffs with a any team that he recruited and he's been there a very long time. The Bluefish teams are low B and mostly C level teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The issue is all of those teams are considered second tier teams. We know they are not on the level of the 91 or Express AA team. I'm not trying to put down these teams (Outlaws, Bluefish, Schreiber) down because my son played on one of them last summer(2016). Quite a bit of the players on those teams are good players; however, just not top tier players(my son included). Most will end up playing in college, quite a few I'm sure D1. What's happening is the parents are finally realizing that the most important thing is for their son to be in the showcase tournaments, not the A bracket NLF or other A bracket tournaments. This past year, my son decided to play with what was considered an inferior program, where I realized early on that they played the proper "showcases", not tournaments. My son received quite a bit of interest this past summer. The tournaments they attended had prospect days where the likes of Corrigan, Petro, Breschi, Cassese, Nagle, Matt Brown, Tiffany attended. What more can you ask for? People will eventually get it. It's not about playing in A bracket tournaments. You have to play in the right showcases. That could be the reason why 365 is growing. I know a 2019 that played on that team last summer and he was recruited/verbal D1. It wasn't because of the summer team he was affiliated with. At this point who cares if your team wins or loses a tournament. Just have your son seen...

quote=Anonymous]Why are all these 2019 teams falling apart? It's the last year for these players and the most important. Outlaws, Bluefish and I hear the Schreiber Express team was a mess. Some Chammy boys from there at the Dodgers tryouts. Is it really all about money or does any of these clubs care about the game?[/quote]

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
365 gets into solid recruiting tournaments and he actually puts together some solid teams. We played liberty bell with him and we had at least 15 coaches at every game. And we beat upstate LC, nj riot, and a Denver based team that was supposed to be real good. Those teams have a lot div 1 commits. He does an ala carte thing which is great. If your not doing something with your main team why not play there for a tournament. And we lost to patriot by 2 but a great game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry beat orange crush out of syracuse not upstate LC

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Amen. Very well said. It's not about wins/losses, it's about getting the proper exposure so that coaches can see your son in action. He will get inquiries if he's a good player. Look for a club that will provide this opportunity. Take for example, Recon, they will get your son in front of coaches, you don't have to pay the ridiculous club fees that many of these clubs are charging, the management is top notch and know their stuff. Quality club.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Recon are u kidding me? They go to 3rd rate recruiting tournaments and there 2019 is a low level B team. Very few coaches go to tournaments they go. That's a fact. Look at their recruiting tournaments. Not good anymore.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are entitled to your opinion but you can't say something as a fact unless you know the facts. You clearly don't know what you are talking about and you can't spell either (it's their not there). Coaches typically do attend tournaments attend by the "elite" teams. But you obviously don't know anything about the recruiting process. If you ask a coach to come watch you play, they will (provided you've given them proof you're worth watching like a good highlight video). Haven't you read anything everyone is saying? It's not about wins or losses it's about exposure. The coach will come watch you play whether it's an elite team or Recon. They will reach out to you if you've got the goods. Simple as that. And yes, Recon does go to tournaments that provide exposure and yes players from Recon have been recruited and yes there have been players from Recon who have gone on to be All-Americans in college. These are facts not subjective opinions.

You don't know what you're talking about. You seem like a disgruntle ignoramus who has come on this board simply to criticize what other people are saying. Lighten up. It's lacrosse not life saving surgery. Get a life.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

run by the same guys from revolution, true blue and jesters (all of which no longer exist in 2019)
draw our own conclusions

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

run by the same guys from revolution, true blue and jesters (all of which no longer exist in 2019)
draw our own conclusions

Bad information dude, don't lie, your son got cut, let it go, move on. Liar

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He is not lying 2 dads ran that program for a few years now so come on! Everyone knows it. 1 dad was involved with jesters and true blue and everything he had been involved with dismantled. why?? lol always about my son was cut.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
why would I have to list since all the kids left and the parents all bitched that the tourneys weren't strong. if you know any parents just reach out to them and hear it first hand.

believe it or don't. I really don't care. wait if we are going to let the BOTC members decide then let me get the list- yeah right

Not sure where you received your education friend, but you write like a complete idiot. Sorry if that hurts but come on, are you an American? I am guessing you are a third world immigrant based on your writing ability. Regardless, you proved my point my friend from a dirt floor school, carry on!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Recon guy the post was right about the tournaments you guys go too. Not really good recruiting events anymore that's all he is saying. Alot of these coaches go to events that they know top teams are playing. Ok maybe you will get low level div 3 and 2 schools there but i would be surprised you would get say the ivies going to the events you go too. Tell me where u guys go?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Will there be a flood of commitments announced next week? Or will they trickle in?

TM@BOTC Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
There will be a flood of 2019 Commitments on September 1st and the first 2 weeks and then they will trickle in as the months go on, especially in November after seeing their prospects one or two more times

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'd agree with that 100%. Most D1 schools will have their 2019s set by the end of the year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't agree with you at all. Next summer will be with kids changing schools and or grades. You will see

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
On Sept 1st there will 100% be a flood of commits. These coaches have been biting at the bit to commit their 2019 class. They want it done and over so they can concentrate on the next recruiting class for 2020. The coaches are also very busy at this moment with the incoming 2017 freshmen and getting their house in order. They want to lock up their kids now because if there are a few declines they need to get on to the next kid on their depth chart. Many of the studs who did not commit early and and or had their commitments put on hold are also biting at the bit. These players and their families also want it over with.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where is this demand going to come from? Most programs are full, or are close to full at '19.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
OK Stanley I get what you are saying but I disagree. Will there be commits absolutely. Already over 40 decomitted kids in 2018 class.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by America's Game
On Sept 1st there will 100% be a flood of commits. These coaches have been biting at the bit to commit their 2019 class. They want it done and over so they can concentrate on the next recruiting class for 2020. The coaches are also very busy at this moment with the incoming 2017 freshmen and getting their house in order. They want to lock up their kids now because if there are a few declines they need to get on to the next kid on their depth chart. Many of the studs who did not commit early and and or had their commitments put on hold are also biting at the bit. These players and their families also want it over with.

I am sure there will be a lot of conversation on Sept 1. but how fast that translates into commits, I am not too certain about. I think it would be wrong of a coach to give a player less than a one week turn around. Many haven't had the opportunity to speak with any coaches.

I also don't believe all 2019 will be locked up by year's end; like the 2018's there were some pretty good players picked up this summer. Maybe the top 10 schools will be 95% by Thanksgiving, but those schools outside the top 30, I don't think so.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard