BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,564
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 17 of 85 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 84 85
Re: Boys 2023 - 7th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
True Blue never beat S2S

I can't wait for every half decent team on LI to bury True Blue this year. True Blue is the worst team on Long Island for many reasons mostly the smack talking, red cup holding parents that think they are the s#$t

I heard true blue changed their name to True Red

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Its a Good system, gives kids options. Some people are just miserable in life, and have no other outlet.
Sad part is its the same couple parents that just never stop

Okay, then I say, it's the same organization that never improves. Sad part, you never turn away the parents $$$!

From the outside looking in it appears that way but the parents and kids on the team are happy and there is a CORE group of kids that remained with the team this year. You don't need to bring up that so many kids left the last couple years as that has been discussed to no end. The team lost a couple of really good players this year for personal reasons and no fault of the program. The reason there are still spots open is because the program is not just taking the best 25 kids at the tryout. If the talent doesn't meet a minimum threshold then the coach will not take the player. This gives the program room to add players, without having too many on the roster, if or when a kid or parent have buyers remorse and are unhappy with their current team. Continuous emails clogging your inbox is a small price to pay. You can dislike the Outlaws all you want but the team has really gelled in the past year and will continue to improve. They hope to be competitive with other teams but the main goal is for the kids to get better and have a positive experience.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
S2S is not in the conversation anymore as a top 5 club.

I could see your point there, but then what are your thoughts on the 4th and 5th of that top 5?? Bandits, Igloo and Haugen have top 3, is 4 and 5 up for grabs depending on how the rosters fall based on tryouts?

S2S still in top 5 . #4 S2S & #5 Empire Green.

I think you forgot True Blue.

Didn't forget True Blue. I believe they lost to Empire Green.

Empire green lost to the warriors and will never come close to beating express. TB also only lost because they were the only team to play back to back games. First express and then Empire green right after. On one of the hottest days. Please

here we go with TB excuses. It never ends. So let's get this straight - when you have a DECENT ( I use that term loosely) season and win a few games, that puts you in top 5? But when you lose, it's because it was hot and you played back to back games? Do you ever see a top 5 team on this board with excuses like that? no you don't. and you won't.
and I don't even think Empire Green and the Warriors ever played each other this summer so not sure where that bit of info came into this conversation.
If either of those teams keep the core kids/starters together for next season, they will beat TB again, and again

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Its a Good system, gives kids options. Some people are just miserable in life, and have no other outlet.
Sad part is its the same couple parents that just never stop

Okay, then I say, it's the same organization that never improves. Sad part, you never turn away the parents $$$!

From the outside looking in it appears that way but the parents and kids on the team are happy and there is a CORE group of kids that remained with the team this year. You don't need to bring up that so many kids left the last couple years as that has been discussed to no end. The team lost a couple of really good players this year for personal reasons and no fault of the program. The reason there are still spots open is because the program is not just taking the best 25 kids at the tryout. If the talent doesn't meet a minimum threshold then the coach will not take the player. This gives the program room to add players, without having too many on the roster, if or when a kid or parent have buyers remorse and are unhappy with their current team. Continuous emails clogging your inbox is a small price to pay. You can dislike the Outlaws all you want but the team has really gelled in the past year and will continue to improve. They hope to be competitive with other teams but the main goal is for the kids to get better and have a positive experience.

Okay, thank you for explaining why the tryouts last over a long period of time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True Blue has NEVER beaten S2S

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who cares both are B caliber at best and parents like the red cups.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Correct they have played only once and they tied 5-5

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

S2S has NEVER beaten True .. Only time they played was two years ago and they tied. TB is much better now and would wipe the floor with them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

nor will they ever beat them. Go back to Adelphi with that!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

and never will

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Empire beat the warriors In a scrimmage last fall and funny how somehow warriors avoided playing them in the two tournaments they were in together so get your facts straight

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I like red cups

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who cares both are B caliber at best and parents like the red cups.

The "A" team parents do t drink on the sidelines????

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True Blue never beat S2S

I can't wait for every half decent team on LI to bury True Blue this year. True Blue is the worst team on Long Island for many reasons mostly the smack talking, red cup holding parents that think they are the s#$t

They paid half their new players to join TB this year from other teams, so they may have a good roster, but If i had to buy a team, I would except them to be #1 too.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
S2S really lost ground this year. They did not make the finals in any meaningful tourneys. Coach have dropped to lower quality tourneys. The first year they were a big surprise, but they can't attract any new A level talent.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Joe are the 2023 LI Sharks ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How are the LI Sharks? My son is a decent player and heard they are a Up and coming club?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

S2S has NEVER beaten True .. Only time they played was two years ago and they tied. TB is much better now and would wipe the floor with them.

They are better b/c they raided top players that other teams developed with the promise of scholarships

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son made the Outlaws 2023 B team. Have not met the coach/es . What is his coaching style, demeanor, etc? .First year playing travel.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True Blue never beat S2S

They paid half their new players to join TB this year from other teams, so they may have a good roster, but If i had to buy a team, I would except them to be #1 too.

This could be the dumbest thing I've seen on BOTC and that's saying a lot.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True Blue never beat S2S

TB charges $1750 they make so much money that they are scholar shipping all new players just to be good, you are a moron. How about they are a good team, well coached and some parents out there realize that and think there son could become a better player being coached by a College coach.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True Blue never beat S2S

TB charges $1750 they make so much money that they are scholar shipping all new players just to be good, you are a moron. How about they are a good team, well coached and some parents out there realize that and think there son could become a better player being coached by a College coach.

How about the coaching staff and the success they have brought in different players. Top players who were sitting behind daddy coaches sons got fed up with it. You all are morons thinking they give out scholarships. Your just jealous they left your teams

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True Blue never beat S2S

How about the coaching staff and the success they have brought in different players. Top players who were sitting behind daddy coaches sons got fed up with it. You all are morons thinking they give out scholarships. Your just jealous they left your teams

What teams did they draw players from? Did they poach from Bandits/Express A/Igloo A? Did they get any players from the top two lines of those teams? Give us some details if you're going to imply such vast improvement. Team struggled at NXT from what I saw.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True Blue never beat S2S

Wonder why they never went to play on TH when they had to pay to be on the team??? Shocking, not really. Dangling free tuition in front of people, then boosting how kids came to you b.c they got tired of the teams that helped develops them. But at least you admitted that TB is screwing over the other families. It's one thing to say the tuition is for pract space and extras, but i guess TB banks cash to recruit kids to play over the ones that paid. Wait to next year when those scholarshipped aren't anymore and see what happens.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True Blue never beat S2S

Wonder why they never went to play on TH when they had to pay to be on the team??? Shocking, not really. Dangling free tuition in front of people, then boosting how kids came to you b.c they got tired of the teams that helped develops them. But at least you admitted that TB is screwing over the other families. It's one thing to say the tuition is for pract space and extras, but i guess TB banks cash to recruit kids to play over the ones that paid. Wait to next year when those scholarshipped aren't anymore and see what happens.

I wouldn't want my son coached by a D2 college assistant coach who is a hack and try's to intimidate Ref's when he's losing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Which teams are playing in the Columbus Day invitationals east islip marina?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True Blue never beat S2S

Every club has their scholarship kids. They are the all star kids the Club doesn't want to lose. And the parents who are smart enough to use that to their advantage. Why not save $3-$4k a year if you can?
And with recruiting rules changed, they can save a lot of money and pay when it's going to count. Everyone does it. Sounds like your issue is that smaller Clubs can now afford to do it-- so free tuition is not so exclusive anymore.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Which teams are playing in the Columbus Day invitationals east islip marina?

Lots of Legacy and Express teams will be there and the favor gets returned the day after Thanksgiving at Mayflower Madness

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True Blue never beat S2S

What teams did they draw players from? Did they poach from Bandits/Express A/Igloo A? Did they get any players from the top two lines of those teams? Give us some details if you're going to imply such vast improvement. Team struggled at NXT from what I saw.

The reason they struggled that day at NXT was b/c the grass was not properly cut for the tournament.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True Blue never beat S2S

The fact that you guys think TB needs to recruit kids is insane. Everyone comes for coach cat. He does not need to give away free tuition. You all are jealous. Grow up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True Blue never beat S2S

If you think they are banking enough cash with their tuition to the extent that they can offer up a whole slew of scholarships for one grade, let alone others, then maybe you should go back and learn some math!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True Blue never beat S2S

I wouldn't want my son coached by a D2 college assistant coach who is a hack and try's to intimidate Ref's when he's losing.

As compared to what - a HS coach or a perennial club team coach? Wow - a college associate head coach (NOT and assistant coach) of a top D2 college program is just so low on the list of coaching accomplishments!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True Blue never beat S2S

So , you are saying that there are no daddy coaches ( including asst's) coaching TB. Remember you are under oath.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The obsession with TB is out of control. I'm not a TB parent; however, I have seen them play in several tournaments. Sometimes they look very good, sometimes they look mediocre. They have beaten good teams a few times, and they have lost to bad teams a few times. That's what you get with kids this age. Did they get some new players? I'm sure they did. Did they offer scholarships to them all? I'm sure they didn't. Maybe they offered one to a very good player, but who knows. Most players who move from team to team at this age are doing so because they were not getting playing time at their former club. That's not to say they can't be difference makers though. They certainly can on the right team. Talk to me about which team is best in 2-3 years when many more kids have hit/gone through puberty. Until then, enjoy the experience with your kid and stop caring about too 2,3,4 or 5 teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True Blue never beat S2S

So , you are saying that there are no daddy coaches ( including asst's) coaching TB. Remember you are under oath.

Most all of the teams below the 7th grade are all coached by JC - are there fathers that coach TB teams above that grade? Absolutely, but that isn't relevant to this age group. And even then, considering some of the lax pedigrees of said fathers, they seem to be fully qualified and accomplished coaches. And, as though there is no fathers coaching the 'top' programs . . . !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True Blue never beat S2S

If you think they are banking enough cash with their tuition to the extent that they can offer up a whole slew of scholarships for one grade, let alone others, then maybe you should go back and learn some math!

You really want to break down what it actually costs? Because it's no where near the tuition clubs charge. Profit margins on travel lacrosse are double digits. Most clubs are using school fields for free in spring and summer and run their Club out of their own home so minimal overhead (very few exceptions). The majority of tuition money goes to Directors and Coaches. So if a Director forgoes a few dollars for better talent the theory would be it will pay dividends in the long run. Maybe you should go back and learn some basic fundamentals of business!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True Blue never beat S2S

The reason they struggled that day at NXT was b/c the grass was not properly cut for the tournament.

That is 100% accurate. I was there.
The grass the other team got to play on was great!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[/quote]

You really want to break down what it actually costs? Because it's no where near the tuition clubs charge. Profit margins on travel lacrosse are double digits. Most clubs are using school fields for free in spring and summer and run their Club out of their own home so minimal overhead (very few exceptions). The majority of tuition money goes to Directors and Coaches. So if a Director forgoes a few dollars for better talent the theory would be it will pay dividends in the long run. Maybe you should go back and learn some basic fundamentals of business!
[/quote]

Except when you have as many as 30+ kids (parents) that failed to pay their fees last season . . . and when you're only charging half of what other clubs are, I don't see how TB and similar clubs are making the profits you think they are.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They paid half their new players to join TB this year from other teams, so they may have a good roster, but If i had to buy a team, I would except them to be #1 too.[/quote]

[/quote]

How about the coaching staff and the success they have brought in different players. Top players who were sitting behind daddy coaches sons got fed up with it. You all are morons thinking they give out scholarships. Your just jealous they left your teams[/quote]

What teams did they draw players from? Did they poach from Bandits/Express A/Igloo A? Did they get any players from the top two lines of those teams? Give us some details if you're going to imply such vast improvement. Team struggled at NXT from what I saw.[/quote]

The reason they struggled that day at NXT was b/c the grass was not properly cut for the tournament.[/quote]

That is 100% accurate. I was there.
The grass the other team got to play on was great![/quote]
and the grass TB had was from California.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True Blue never beat S2S

Most all of the teams below the 7th grade are all coached by JC - are there fathers that coach TB teams above that grade? Absolutely, but that isn't relevant to this age group. And even then, considering some of the lax pedigrees of said fathers, they seem to be fully qualified and accomplished coaches. And, as though there is no fathers coaching the 'top' programs . . . !

Bentz (no kids, graduated Hofstra) runs 2022
Cat runs 2023. 2023 b - Cat
Cat jr runs 2024
Cat runs 2025
Kieran O'Brien and Angelo Caiazzo 2026
Cat jr 2027 2028
From 2022- 2028 there are absolutely no daddy head coaches. Only in 2023 are there assistants but one is the Hs coach at massapequa. And they all do not make any decisions cat makes them all. Playing time is earned and the best players play.

Page 17 of 85 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 84 85

Link Copied to Clipboard