BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 12
Boys 2019 Fall 2012/Spring 2013
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
This thread will be used for discussion, news, and analysis on the Boys 2019 programs for Fall 2012/Spring 2013.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Boys 2019 Fall 2012/Spring 2013
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
are any of the 2019 teams headed to the bulldog fall tournament at Yale?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
replying to a post from 2019 2012 spring

it isnt the email that is traceable. it is the ip address. but some are smart enough to ghost the static ips. or if dynamic it is a range which isnt traceable.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is a reply from the other thread. My son is on the outlaws and is on the 2019 Black, A team. Which won a few tournaments last year. The fees 1st off are not bad, it is for a full year of leagues, practices and tournaments.

Now as far as the college kid that was hungover all the time. It might have been true that he drank the night before but I never saw it affect anything. If it did maybe that's why the directors let him go! They let him go because they did not approve.

Also there were a few people that left the team, and now have left a second team. Usually in that case the problem is with the parents. I believe the director of LI and those parents are actually friendly, shows how much you guys know about the topic.

The team this year is improved and has great coaches.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did 2019 teams do at skull and bones today. Any surprises and how was the competition .

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did teams do toady at the skull and bones tournament

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Express Wolverines won the Tournament . Everyone stay safe during the storm.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FYI: THE FALL FINALE CLASSIC, SCHEDULED FOR THE 11/3, IS CANCELLED DUE TO HURRICANE SANDY.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Whose going to Yale?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The Express Wolverines won the Tournament . Everyone stay safe during the storm.

notice how the competition question was not answered

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey Bro, Out of respect to the teams we played I dont find it necessary to boast about what our team did or didnt do. We played teams from Conn. New Jersey and Westchester. We did not play any town teams.We can only play who and where we are told to play. I was pleased with the way the team played. We have many new players and had few practices. I think you should figure out how to help our neighbors and friends through these tough times instead of worrying about a tournament that happened weeks ago.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey Bro, Out of respect to the teams we played I dont think it is necessary to carry on about how well we did or didnt do. We played teams from Conn. New Jersey and Westchester. We won all the games we played. We didnt play any "Town" teams. We added many new players to the team this year so its hard to say what level the play was. Considering that many people on Long Island are still without power I dont think that you should dwell on the competition level of a tournament that was two weeks ago.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

notice how the competition question was not answered

Doesn't need to be... What purpose would it serve... They have class

I'll say this, they were hands down the best 2019 team there. The question of the grade was who was playing for 2nd (& who would end up 3rd/4th) best one that given day.

Who's going to Yale?

Mr wolf

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We will be there Mr. Wolf . Be safe until then. See you there ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey Bro, Out of respect to the teams we played I dont find it necessary to boast about what our team did or didnt do. We played teams from Conn. New Jersey and Westchester. We did not play any town teams.We can only play who and where we are told to play. I was pleased with the way the team played. We have many new players and had few practices. I think you should figure out how to help our neighbors and friends through these tough times instead of worrying about a tournament that happened weeks ago.

How do you know what I did or didnt do for my neighbors during the storm, BRO (emphasis added)? What does this thread have to do with that anyway? Oh, you are so noble because you typed in the words Stay Safe in your post. I'm sure that saved a lot of lives. Dont get me wrong, it was a thoughtful thing to say, but dont act like your post was directly responsible for saving lives and that I worked my weather machine and sent the storm toward Long Island. Nice try at association though - and you still haven't answered the question. Oh, yeah, and because you are so noble you dont want to insult the other teams by saying they were weak. You dont have to insult anyone just dont answer the post at all if you are worried - or be politefully honest. And you did boast, BRO. Look, you won some meaningless fall tournament and thats it for you end of discussion right? well its a public forum and I am interested in knowing who the mighty Express beat ok? Dont deflect the topic by insinuating I am uncaring about the hardships associated with Sandy - actually, by doing so, you answered the question anyway

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How do you know what I did or didnt do for my neighbors during the storm, BRO (emphasis added)? What does this thread have to do with that anyway? Oh, you are so noble because you typed in the words Stay Safe in your post. I'm sure that saved a lot of lives. Dont get me wrong, it was a thoughtful thing to say, but dont act like your post was directly responsible for saving lives and that I worked my weather machine and sent the storm toward Long Island. Nice try at association though - and you still haven't answered the question. Oh, yeah, and because you are so noble you dont want to insult the other teams by saying they were weak. You dont have to insult anyone just dont answer the post at all if you are worried - or be politefully honest. And you did boast, BRO. Look, you won some meaningless fall tournament and thats it for you end of discussion right? well its a public forum and I am interested in knowing who the mighty Express beat ok? Dont deflect the topic by insinuating I am uncaring about the hardships associated with Sandy - actually, by doing so, you answered the question anyway

I think someone may have mixed up or skipped their meds.

In reading this, I am quite sure any response "Bro" would have offered would have been met by a condescending response anyway.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
wow, thats a heavy guilt trip. Seemed like a legitimate observation to me too but yeah, it really isnt that important on the grand scheme of things like life and death. Competition at tournaments is not an uncommon theme on this site though so lighten up a little. If you are going to post that you are champions, expect someone to ask who you played. You managed to do it in your second post without insulting anyone. Dont know what this has to do with a storm either. BTW, my son played for a town team and we beat a couple "elite" teams at tournaments. Who are the Wolverines? When did that start?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The schedule for the tournament is probably still posted on their web site. I forget but I think they played 3 tribe. Some team top side and maybe patriot. None of the games were close. This express team is real good . It's not that those other teams were weak.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
O K now that you got your answers a few posts down about who the "Mighty Express" (your words) played now can we let it go and just move on. I promise to tell you the teams we beat or lose to if you promise to be a gentleman about it and not trash the teams we beat or trash us when we lose. Lets be honest there are several teams on Long Island at this age that are real close and on any given day can beat each other. Relax they are in 6th grade. Speak to you soon thanks Bro

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
wow, thats a heavy guilt trip. Seemed like a legitimate observation to me too but yeah, it really isnt that important on the grand scheme of things like life and death. Competition at tournaments is not an uncommon theme on this site though so lighten up a little. If you are going to post that you are champions, expect someone to ask who you played. You managed to do it in your second post without insulting anyone. Dont know what this has to do with a storm either. BTW, my son played for a town team and we beat a couple "elite" teams at tournaments. Who are the Wolverines? When did that start?

I am not hatin' (it is great a town team beat a travel team) but have we lost sight of the word elite or rather over used it. You may have beat travel teams, but you didnt beat any elite teams (although one team may have had the word elite in it).

now what i would be interested in was how the other town teams did. northport, manhasset, Team smithtown??, north shore??, 3 tribes??

I do have to say it was nice to see 3 out of state teams as well as 5 NYC/Westchester teams during the fall. Im looking forward to the spring with the growth of the sport and teams traveling to play.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone going to NJ on December 27?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LI Express won NJ tournament. Competition was True Blue , fl$ , NJ Steps and Black Storm.

Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Winter Nationals Indoor Lacrosse Championship Results

2012/6th Grade Division - 2019 - Wins/Losses

Bracket Standings

Express - 3W-1L
STEPS - 3W-1L
True Blue - 3W-1L
fl$ - 1W-3L
Black Storm - 0W-4L

Games Results

STEPS 10, Black Storm 3
Express 13, True Blue 7
STEPS 9, fl$ 6
True Blue 14, Black Storm 4
STEPS 5, Express 4
fl$ 4, Black Storm 3
True Blue 9, STEPS 8
Express 14, fl$ 3
True Blue 11, fl$ 8
Express 16, Black Storm 3

Championship Finals : Express 7, STEPS 6, Overtime

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
....put the contact for each team next to the team and i will set up a two day tournamnet. or someone lese do it (not affiliated with 91, Dune Dawgs or express). Maybe True Blue puts themselves on the map with this one!

4 divisions

Div 1
91 Orange
Jesters
Gladiators
Revolution
Primetime
CT Chargers
Team Canada

Div 2
Dune Dawgs
91 white
Outlaws
Top Side
Green Turtles
Team Colorado
fl$

Div 3
Express Wolverines
91 crush
Outlaws
Rock
Loonies
Team LI

Div 4
True Blue
Express Terps
Buck Select
Riptide
Steps
laxachusetts

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is a good start. It could be run similar to the BLC Young Guns tournament. Better yet, the easiest way to get this done and make sure all teams are abiding by all rules, is to have the NPYLL expand to PA, NJ, NY, MA, CT.... This way all teams would conform to their (NPYLL) rules and regulations. This would ensure a level playing field across the board. Our kids are only in sixth grade. This would benefit them immensely by the time they are Juniors and Seniors in High School...

By fashioning something similar to the NPYLL, it then wouldn't be about who is the best but ensuring the kids are playing against top competition each and every time they step on the field. At the end of the day, it is about our kids correct? Not about an organization thumping it's chest.

I hope you understand that at the end of the day, I'm not about one organization over another. I'm about the kids playing against quality competition. Always being tested against the best.

LaxDad14

....put the contact for each team next to the team and i will set up a two day tournamnet. or someone lese do it (not affiliated with 91, Dune Dawgs or express). Maybe True Blue puts themselves on the map with this one!

4 divisions

Div 1
91 Orange
Jesters
Gladiators
Revolution
Primetime
CT Chargers
Team Canada

Div 2
Dune Dawgs
91 white
Outlaws
Top Side
Green Turtles
Team Colorado
fl$

Div 3
Express Wolverines
91 crush
Outlaws
Rock
Loonies
Team LI

Div 4
True Blue
Express Terps
Buck Select
Riptide
Steps
laxachusetts

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Last time I checked 91 Crush was a 2020 team. I think they would beat some of the teams but I think they would be in over their heads with a bunch of other teams. Its very tough to play up against another true A team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i thought it was about playing your level or a step above.

It is not about the wins and loses but the quailty games. Seeing and experiencing what the better teams do and how they do it.

It is okay to lose and take some lumps along the way as long as it is in a safe environment

I am fully aware of the 91 crush team and their grade & ages; including their ability. I also think there are a few teams on here that are in the grade & age group that would have a tougher time than Crush, real question is why did you write what you did, you couldnt possibly think they would not benefit from this format. Did you?

That said, if this model works, i could see a 2019 91 orange or 2019 wolverines playing 2018 if that level would do the same.

Last time I checked 91 Crush was a 2020 team. I think they would beat some of the teams but I think they would be in over their heads with a bunch of other teams. Its very tough to play up against another true A team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can a kid play on more then one team?????

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great question?

I would say yes, but with an interesting twist where as no (field) player should be able to play back to back games.

This would ensure each team would get a break if they had two games scheduled on a day and/or a borrowed or roostered player (for his saftey) would not play back to back.

(but I could see if a team needed a player they could pull a player that just played) to prevent that from reoccuring constantly on a particular team you could impose a 2 minute non releasble penalty to prevent that from reoccuring

Can a kid play on more then one team?????

Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Long Island Sports Hub's Session II Winter League kicks off this weekend with Cold Spring Harbor, Tomahawks, Outlaws Silver, Rough Riders, Sea Devils, and Syosset all in action.

Long Island Sports Hub - Session II - Boys 6th Grade

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any scores from today's games at hub. 6th grade

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My kid plays for Rough Riders and Syosset beat us 13-3. I didn't see the other games but it looks like a very competitive league.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Wow, you have to love being part of a league where information regarding the league is shared openly. It's not like that over in the Sayville league. Our team will definitely weigh the options for next year when its time to sign up dir a winter league.

Originally Posted by CageSage
Long Island Sports Hub's Session II Winter League kicks off this weekend with Cold Spring Harbor, Tomahawks, Outlaws Silver, Rough Riders, Sea Devils, and Syosset all in actio

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What team are you on in the sayville league is that the old isa new Sportsplex league.

What are the teams to watch in the 6th grade there. Or is that your point. Any info is appreciated

Originally Posted by LaxDad#14
Wow, you have to love being part of a league where information regarding the league is shared openly. It's not like that over in the Sayville league. Our team will definitely weigh the options for next year when its time to sign up dir a winter league.

Originally Posted by CageSage
Long Island Sports Hub's Session II Winter League kicks off this weekend with Cold Spring Harbor, Tomahawks, Outlaws Silver, Rough Riders, Sea Devils, and Syosset all in actio

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where are the Sea Devils from?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
sayville (the old isa) said they would regroup the teams after 4 games.seems islip,sayville middle country and riverhead came to the top. its hard to say for sure due to lack of scores and standings

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
part of the 5th grade express

A
Anonymous
Unregistered