BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,621
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Girls 2020 Fall 2012/Spring 2013
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
This thread will be used for discussions, news, and analysis of the Girls 2020 graduation year programs during the Fall 2012/Spring 2013 seasonal year.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Girls 2020 Fall 2012/Spring 2013
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
The Long Island Sports Hub Winter Leagues results and standings are available on-line. Check out the following links to get the details on the teams, results, standings, and upcoming schedules.

Girls - 5th Grade

Team Elevate's 5th grade team paces the girls division with an undefeated three win indoor season thus far including wins over the Manhasset Pride, Red Hots, and Syosset.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by CageSage
The Long Island Sports Hub Winter Leagues results and standings are available on-line. Check out the following links to get the details on the teams, results, standings, and upcoming schedules.

Girls - 5th Grade

Team Elevate's 5th grade team paces the girls division with an undefeated three win indoor season thus far including wins over the Manhasset Pride, Red Hots, and Syosset.

ALL the travel teams that play indoor should be playing up at least one year

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Majority of the team is from CSH

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is the 5th grade Elevate team made up of 4th graders? They are a travel team.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by CageSage

Girls - 5th Grade

ALL the travel teams that play indoor should be playing up at least one year

The only teams I consistently see doing that are YJ. Go to in line 1 and watch TG teams beat up on town teams that are the same age,pathetic to beat a town team like 20-4 .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
which is it, yj or tg. you lost me

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The only teams I see play up in age on a regular basis are YJ teams especially when playing town teams, I have watched the TG teams playing at in line 1 against town teams in their own age winning games by 20 or more goals although it seems the 2020 TG team actually lost to a town team of equal age.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The only teams I see play up in age on a regular basis are YJ teams especially when playing town teams, I have watched the TG teams playing at in line 1 against town teams in their own age winning games by 20 or more goals although it seems the 2020 TG team actually lost to a town team of equal age.

So....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Really....5th graders playing indoors in December. Who cares....let them play...go home and enjoy the holidays before idiots like you bust their chops until August.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TG @Inline?

Not sure you are watching TG games...there is a town Team that seems to give every TG team a run, even winning most over the Loaded "travel team" regardless of age group.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Really....5th graders playing indoors in December. Who cares....let them play...go home and enjoy the holidays before idiots like you bust their chops until August.

Actually I was responding to the person who stated they feel travel teams should play up one year when playing against town teams which I agree with.The same way I agree with people who say when people come on websites and call others things like idiots it is usually a sign they are cowards and their children and wives and children are embarrassed of them.If you are too much of a coward to call people such things to their face stop acting like a tough guy and shut up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ditto

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Long Island Sports Hub Girls 5th Grade Division Update

On Sunday, January 6th, the league action resumed with Syosset edging Northport (20-17), Team Elevate edging Manhasset (16-14), and Huntington handling Red Hots (20-13).

Team Elevate remains atop the standings at 4W-0L-0T followed by Huntington at 3W-1L-0T and Syosset at 2W-1L-1T. Six more weekly matchups remain in this age group's indoor season.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who are the top town teams in your opinion in nassau. Same question goes for suffolk. Ant opinion would be appreciated, remember they are just someones opinion. Please don't rip them a new one. Thx

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who are the top town teams in your opinion in nassau. Same question goes for suffolk. Ant opinion would be appreciated, remember they are just someones opinion. Please don't rip them a new one. Thx

Are you talking about a particular age group or the entire club?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For the 2020 graduating class

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

in nassau pal for the past two years manhasset and huntington have been the two best teams, they tied each other and manhasset beat huntington by one goal in the other meeting. no other losses for either team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
are the two teams balanced teams or true A teams?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are you talking about a particular age group or the entire club?

It looks to be a question of which town teams, not club team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
are the two teams balanced teams or true A teams?

All teams were supposed to be balanced teams up until 5th grade, now PAL gives teams the option of going A or B and placing them in brackets according to the competition. I guess it will be up to each individual club as to how they would like to proceed going forward

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If memory serves me correctly Team Smithtown has had success against Manhassett in tournament play all three teams are very capable.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
CSH wasnt in the mix or West Islip they play Nassau PAL still?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For Suffolk Girls Lacrosse league, there are a bunch of pretty good teams. But if I had to pick three...it would be Riverhead, Bayport, ESM...in that order.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For Suffolk Girls Lacrosse league, there are a bunch of pretty good teams. But if I had to pick three...it would be Riverhead, Bayport, ESM...in that order.

Riverhead, ESM for sure,don't know if bayport would be before ESM. Don't get caught up in PAL strength, it doesn't translate well to travel capability or to school ball success. The biggest difference in PAL is coaching. One coach can take a team with reasonable talent, coach em up a few offensive and defensive schemes and run buckshot over most of the teams in the age group. Another coach may have a group of girls with better skills and talent and look like road kill at every game becaue of bad coaching. In the case of riverhead I thinkyou got both talent and coaching..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
sorry thought I was on the boys thread with the CSH and West Islip. As of last year their boys teams played in Nassau PAL.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

in nassau pal for the past two years manhasset and huntington have been the two best teams, they tied each other and manhasset beat huntington by one goal in the other meeting. no other losses for either teame

Which Huntington team? Wantagh beat Manhasset last year and if I'm not mistaken Massapequa also beat Manhasset.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

in nassau pal for the past two years manhasset and huntington have been the two best teams, they tied each other and manhasset beat huntington by one goal in the other meeting. no other losses for either team

Boys or Girls ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Boys or Girls ?

Girls. Both clubs have more than one PAL team and one inevitably is better than the others

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
sorry thought I was on the boys thread with the CSH and West Islip. As of last year their boys teams played in Nassau PAL.

Girls also play nassau pal, very average teams at best

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If memory serves me correctly Team Smithtown has had success against Manhassett in tournament play all three teams are very capable.
Does Smithtown play Nassau or Suffolk PAL?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Riverhead had the best team at this age group in last years tournaments however not all girls were from Riverhead.The coach made a couple of phone calls to friends on club teams and filled in his roster . Still a fun team to watch.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Riverhead had the best team at this age group in last years tournaments however not all girls were from Riverhead.The coach made a couple of phone calls to friends on club teams and filled in his roster . Still a fun team to watch.

I've heard they all do that!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Riverhead, Bayport, ESM is the correct order. Don't know anything about kids from other area, what i do know is that with only 2 or 3 subs it is alot easier to beat a team with 7-15 subs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Girls also play nassau pal, very average teams at best

West Islip Has two girls teams both balanced with 23+ girls on each team. With that amount of kids average is what you get.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Best Nassau Boys team - Manhasset
Best Suffolk Boys - Huntington
Best Nassau Girls - Toss up Wantagh, Massapequa , Harbor Fields
Best Suffolk Girls - Riverhead

Harbor Fields plays Nassau PAL.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
People go crazy when the question is asked who the best 2018 or 2017 teams are. Let the girls play, they are 5th graders!
Some of the best 8th grade Lax girls now were D1 soccer players first and foremost in 5th grade and just started playing lax in 5th grade!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Best Nassau Boys team - Manhasset
Best Suffolk Boys - Huntington
Best Nassau Girls - Toss up Wantagh, Massapequa , Harbor Fields
Best Suffolk Girls - Riverhead

Harbor Fields plays Nassau PAL.

When the the girls reach 7th gradde and play LISGYLL you will know the answer, so sit tight for another two years

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
People go crazy when the question is asked who the best 2018 or 2017 teams are. Let the girls play, they are 5th graders!
Some of the best 8th grade Lax girls now were D1 soccer players first and foremost in 5th grade and just started playing lax in 5th grade!

At that age most of the talented girls are not even playing on the town teams anymore. Some PAL teams keep together and can mop up on the rest of what's left to play against, but many of the girls have moved on to travel, school and other tournament teams leaving the fustrations of town ball far behind. I made my older girls stick through the PAL to the end, but will not with my youngest. I'm sure each town is a different story, but anyway you slice it, the competition is way watered down, even the strong teams have many girls who have no ides how to defend or even catch the ball. It is a great introduction league, but the time certainly comes when you need to move on.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

At that age most of the talented girls are not even playing on the town teams anymore. Some PAL teams keep together and can mop up on the rest of what's left to play against, but many of the girls have moved on to travel, school and other tournament teams leaving the fustrations of town ball far behind. I made my older girls stick through the PAL to the end, but will not with my youngest. I'm sure each town is a different story, but anyway you slice it, the competition is way watered down, even the strong teams have many girls who have no ides how to defend or even catch the ball. It is a great introduction league, but the time certainly comes when you need to move on.
in 7th grade other than school ball and summer travel there is nothing else but lisgyll if you want to play in the spring. most girls will continue to play and the weaker players will stay on pal team or stop playing

Like Reply Quote
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard