BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 8 of 45 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 44 45
Re: Boys 2022 - 8th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I believe Legacy will be much improved as well! Tryouts looked like there was a ton of talent there. I did hear tho some parents complaining about some kids being offered them playing for free. Is that legal?

Well could they get much worse? They were awful last year, my goodness I think Zummo should give the parents their money back for that failure! He had them travel all over the place shelling out all kinds of cash and got NOTHING in return! Zummo is scammer for sure !!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We
This outlaws 2022 Team with 100% be improved. Upgrade at goalie kid from 91. Two west I slip midfielders who are studs. Two empire defense men one argued to be the best on the island. An express and an igloo attackmen both being added to the roster as well.

No one will be able to tell how good any of these teams will be, but I'm looking forward to the competitive atmosphere that will come in the upcoming month. Though we all compete with each other to almost pathetic ends that's why college coaches come to see these Long Island boys play. They love the competiveness and you don't have to be on a top 5 team to go top 10 d1. I will promise you that. The best kids get seen and the best kids get recruited. Everyone has a spot to play in college. Just have to find the right fit. Let your kids do what they want to do and stop playing through them.

As for the player who left the outlaws there is no need to bash a 12-13 year old kid. He's an amazing talent and will be missed. Stinks we didn't have him most of summer but I hope he recovers well from his injury and has success in the future.

What is the first fall tournament we will see the top teams on the island at?

Honestly? The best defender on LI is from Empire? Lets be real....

Yes... Empire.. we almost took Express out this year at Laxfest.

Go play horseshoes on the beach. You will have a better chance of winning.

Empire will be very competitive this year

You sound like the Outlaws losers ! Stop talking about it and start showing it!

So bitter!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I believe Legacy will be much improved as well! Tryouts looked like there was a ton of talent there. I did hear tho some parents complaining about some kids being offered them playing for free. Is that legal?

Is that Legal? - That's Awesome, thanks for the laugh

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Was at the 91 tryout yesterday. Spallina says he will be helping coach the 2022AA team and JR will be playing with them 80% of the time. It looks like the AA is going to be adding size and speed at all positions. They are going to be much better than last years Super Team. A team is also going to be much better. they are are also adding a 3rd team.

Interesting a 3rd team. 7 teams at the grade between them and Express.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When will 91 create a national team

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 tried to create a third team last year and it fell apart. they ended up with 5 2022 kids and combined with 2021 - and were pretty bad. 2021 Black, Why would this year's result be different?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 tried to create a third team last year and it fell apart. they ended up with 5 2022 kids and combined with 2021 - and were pretty bad. 2021 Black, Why would this year's result be different?

That's always a concern when you go beyond 2. Need to have a coach that is 100% committed. I think one of the most frustrating things in club lax is when your son is not on the 1st team and the 1st team is practicing and getting better and your team is shut down for winter and spring and the coach doesn't know how to reply to emails.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Witch igloo attackmen went to Outlaws A or b team

Its all BS. The Outlaw parents will say anything to convince themselves that they are actually good! They say the same crap every year and every year they are mediocre at best! So pathetic

It was the kid who played for Igloo A in sixth grade and took last year off to play hockey. Good pickup but doesn't hurt Team Penguin at all.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I doubt he's on B, they have a handful of decent players and the rest are C!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I doubt he's on B, they have a handful of decent players and the rest are C!

What does this response mean? LW

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know when does 91 post the pinnies numbers on their website? I heard this weekend and today is Sunday already.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know when does 91 post the pinnies numbers on their website? I heard this weekend and today is Sunday already.

They said Monday at tryouts

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WOW, awfully quiet on here !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's always a concern when you go beyond 2. Need to have a coach that is 100% committed. I think one of the most frustrating things in club lax is when your son is not on the 1st team and the 1st team is practicing and getting better and your team is shut down for winter and spring and the coach doesn't know how to reply to emails.

Express still thinks they have enough kids to field 4 teams, I would love to see that ! I will predict it 2 good 2 terrible !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Express still thinks they have enough kids to field 4 teams, I would love to see that ! I will predict it 2 good 2 terrible !

More likely i3, but that's my guess.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They said Monday at tryouts

91 rosters are posted

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
23 players on 2022 AA roster, perfect number!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I made blue. Is that AAA? Can I use my AAA discount?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I made blue. Is that AAA? Can I use my AAA discount?

My man Blue!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
23 players on 2022 AA roster, perfect number!!

They already said they will add players as needed. Your 23 will be 26-28. Remember they have the new indoor facility to pay for !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have a serious question. When these travel teams have a tryout is there even spots open or do they just take your money in hopes your child can make the team? I have seen too many tryouts where kids not just mine had played very well and did not make the team? What are they looking for?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ready for some action here to see how the teams are. What are the main events in the fall? And what teams had the biggest pickups and drops?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have a serious question. When these travel teams have a tryout is there even spots open or do they just take your money in hopes your child can make the team? I have seen too many tryouts where kids not just mine had played very well and did not make the team? What are they looking for?

most teams at this age are taking return players and there are not a lot of spots open( if any) or they are looking for specific positions to fill and probably already know which kids are coming ...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

most teams at this age are taking return players and there are not a lot of spots open( if any) or they are looking for specific positions to fill and probably already know which kids are coming ...

In all fairness, the coaches (and organizations) also know who is actually looking to move from the top teams and who is there for the workout - so if your son is already on a good team and doesn't get an offer it may be because they don't think he would take it anyway (this is when having a frank discussion helps). Seen this at the Express and 91 tryouts where evaluators have said not to bother with a kid with a certain helmet because "if he was serious about coming over here, we would have known about it already."

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Spots are always open. Some are earned, but in most cases the club knows a kid is coming down because most of the better players are known. I doubt Express AA added any offensive players that will contribute. And if they did add, they are just parents who politically got their kid on the team. That means they will likely struggle to see the field.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hilarious how folks put down other teams, other children who are 12/13. If 1 organization was perfect there would not be 20 teams on Long island. Worry about your own child and your own coach. Perhaps look in the mirror and let it go Dad. Legacy will have a great year like they did last year. Great group of parents. Great group of Children. Great group of coaches. Good luck to all the boys this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know when True Blue 2022 invites will be sent out?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
First round was sent out on Tuesday Morning.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What does everyone think of 91 2022A? I see them as a solid team who competed in all AA tournaments last year and saw great competition.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What does everyone think of 91 2022A? I see them as a solid team who competed in all AA tournaments last year and saw great competition.

Sounds like you answer your own question, no need anyone else's opinion when yours comes first.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sounds like you answer your own question, no need anyone else's opinion when yours comes first.

My son was picked on this team, from what I understand they basically kept same kids plus or minus a few. So if they play in a B division we will win a lot of games. If we play in a A division we will lose a lot of games. I guess we see what happens. Great coaching is why i'm staying!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They'll be line Express Schwalje and Igloo B. I'll guess they will be on par or better than 2nd tier A teams at the age.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good Team, Well coached, Lots of Practices, Tuition includes winter DLT training which is awesome. I also think they be practicing with the AA Team this year. If you want your kid to get better it's a good solid choice.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ready for some action here to see how the teams are. What are the main events in the fall? And what teams had the biggest pickups and drops?

I have a son at this age and all the kids seem to know each other, This is what I am hearing;

1. Express A - didn't make many changes that will effect them. 1st team will be very good as usually but a lot of the second teamers left or will be on there B Team.

2. Igloo - added a few player but i don't think they will have a big impact, already a very solid team.

3. 91 - probably made the most changes, lost a lot of players and added some real talent. Only 22/21 players on the team maybe even less. Won't be surprised if they are the team to beat.

4. Outlaws - Lost 1 good player but added a bunch of good players - significant upgrade from last year.

5. Leeegeeeceee - added a bunch of players from 91 AA will be much improved.

Thoughts? Let's keep it factually and positive. Should be a fun year with this group.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They'll be line Express Schwalje and Igloo B. I'll guess they will be on par or better than 2nd tier A teams at the age.

Here is the frustrating part with these teams. They are not good enough to compete with the Top 5 teams in the AA bracket. They kill all the B teams that they play so those games suck to watch. There is very little competitive lacrosse in this bracket on Long Island !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Here is the frustrating part with these teams. They are not good enough to compete with the Top 5 teams in the AA bracket. They kill all the B teams that they play so those games suck to watch. There is very little competitive lacrosse in this bracket on Long Island !

There are plenty of tournaments that have A team divisions that are not AA teams - it's like the whole lax world wants to pretend that there is not a whole swath of talent between AA teams and true B teams. It's a major reason youth lax is so far down the curve when compared to other sports. The A teams from many of the non-Igloo/Express/91 clubs are very good, and are not B (talent) teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True though tournaments like NXT and a few others they are very competitive to the A group. They true AA, A and B groups

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There are plenty of tournaments that have A team divisions that are not AA teams - it's like the whole lax world wants to pretend that there is not a whole swath of talent between AA teams and true B teams. It's a major reason youth lax is so far down the curve when compared to other sports. The A teams from many of the non-Igloo/Express/91 clubs are very good, and are not B (talent) teams.

My son played on 9D1 A team last year. We beat up on B teams and Struggled against true A teams like Outlaws, Express, just to name a few. There is a big gap in talent between AA, A, and B no doubt about it!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I have a son at this age and all the kids seem to know each other, This is what I am hearing;

1. Express A - didn't make many changes that will effect them. 1st team will be very good as usually but a lot of the second teamers left or will be on there B Team.

2. Igloo - added a few player but i don't think they will have a big impact, already a very solid team.

3. 91 - probably made the most changes, lost a lot of players and added some real talent. Only 22/21 players on the team maybe even less. Won't be surprised if they are the team to beat.

4. Outlaws - Lost 1 good player but added a bunch of good players - significant upgrade from last year.

Thoughts? Let's keep it factually and positive. Should be a fun year with this group.

What about Express B, 91 B and Igloo B? Any changes to those teams?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What about Express B, 91 B and Igloo B? Any changes to those teams?

I think is all a zero sum gain. Every team added good players.

Page 8 of 45 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 44 45

Link Copied to Clipboard