BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,579
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 9 of 48 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 47 48
Re: Boys 2025 - 5th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
A kid may move here from out of state, kids are held back for learning or social issues. I understand this. However what does this have to do with playing sports. How does a kid because he may have trouble reading entitle that kid to now play sports with younger kids. When kids are the same age, that's what makes sports fair. I agree with having an age cutoff date. Whatever that date would be, I wish it would be followed. US lacrosse and now with WSYL becoming more popular I think in the near future this grade based lacrosse may fade away.

This debate has raging for a long time and every club on LI has concluded or is the middle of tryouts. Yet nothing changes. Hence, there is no change coming. So let me attempt to be productive.

Whats the solution that everyone seems to want. Even the announcers on the WSYL advocated for change. Maybe a group that has no financial stake can help enact change. PAL Lacrosse should review and consider an age based system and adopt US lacrosse guidelines. Shouldn't PAL be an advocate of safety and fairness? I think that is a productive way to get something going towards an age based system. "US Lacrosse establishes eligibility guidelines to promote a safe and sportsmanlike environment. US Lacrosse believes that leagues, associations, and other organizers of youth lacrosse should provide playing opportunities that, as much as possible, aim to establish a "level playing field" among players of similar age."(https://www.uslacrosse.org/rules/age-eligibility-guidelines) In my humble opinion, if PAL was the willing to frustrate the "status quo" they would open some eyes and this could pave the way to ending the unending debate.

Great quote! Thank you.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So let's all simply agree that an actual 6th grade kid (2024) playing 5th grade lacrosse (2025) on Long Island is cheating.

I think it depends on their birthday. The US Lacrosse cutoff is 9/1. I have a child born early September that could, according to US Lacrosse, play the grade below. I personally wouldn't consider it because it's better to challenged in my opinion, but I wouldn't consider it cheating either because of the USL cutoff.

Is your son in 6th grade? What part of the GRADE BASED SYSTEM can't you understand. It's cheating, purposely ignorant morons who would happily cheat and pretend that us lacrosse guidelines are applicable.

Cheating piece of $h!t

The only way you can be that Mad to make that quote, is that you held back your kid and do not want another boy the same age to steal his thunder. pathetic!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many kids do most teams roster? Any feedback from actual team parents?

A good roster is around 23 kids. Two solid lines plus an extra midi line. But don't go by rosters after tryouts. Depending on the team they may have more on roster with the assumption not all are accepting.
Plus some teams pick up additional kids as the season progresses. Don't be afraid to ask questions. Good coaches will tell you up front or if you ask them.

23 is still way to much. 20 is ideal. Geese have 25 after promising 20-22. Another bait and switch by Legacy. And you guys thought the infighting was bad last year.

They did not say 20-22. They said 22, maybe 23 or 24.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A kid may move here from out of state, kids are held back for learning or social issues. I understand this. However what does this have to do with playing sports. How does a kid because he may have trouble reading entitle that kid to now play sports with younger kids. When kids are the same age, that's what makes sports fair. I agree with having an age cutoff date. Whatever that date would be, I wish it would be followed. US lacrosse and now with WSYL becoming more popular I think in the near future this grade based lacrosse may fade away.

This debate has raging for a long time and every club on LI has concluded or is the middle of tryouts. Yet nothing changes. Hence, there is no change coming. So let me attempt to be productive.

Whats the solution that everyone seems to want. Even the announcers on the WSYL advocated for change. Maybe a group that has no financial stake can help enact change. PAL Lacrosse should review and consider an age based system and adopt US lacrosse guidelines. Shouldn't PAL be an advocate of safety and fairness? I think that is a productive way to get something going towards an age based system. "US Lacrosse establishes eligibility guidelines to promote a safe and sportsmanlike environment. US Lacrosse believes that leagues, associations, and other organizers of youth lacrosse should provide playing opportunities that, as much as possible, aim to establish a "level playing field" among players of similar age."(https://www.uslacrosse.org/rules/age-eligibility-guidelines) In my humble opinion, if PAL was the willing to frustrate the "status quo" they would open some eyes and this could pave the way to ending the unending debate.

Great quote! Thank you.

Great point. PAL could take the lead on this issue. If boys play age based on PAL it will quickly become obvious who is playing down and will bring to surface the issue, which is currently these dark "secrets" who is playing down. Parents may also be less inclined to hold back if their son is no longer able to play with the boys in their grade.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Great quote! Thank you.

Great point. PAL could take the lead on this issue. If boys play age based on PAL it will quickly become obvious who is playing down and will bring to surface the issue, which is currently these dark "secrets" who is playing down. Parents may also be less inclined to hold back if their son is no longer able to play with the boys in their grade.

Yes! C'mom PAL BOD..be trailblazers and follow US lacrosse guidelines. Smithtown has a US lacrosse link on their Web page. And they run Suffolk PAL.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A good roster is around 23 kids. Two solid lines plus an extra midi line. But don't go by rosters after tryouts. Depending on the team they may have more on roster with the assumption not all are accepting.
Plus some teams pick up additional kids as the season progresses. Don't be afraid to ask questions. Good coaches will tell you up front or if you ask them.

23 is still way to much. 20 is ideal. Geese have 25 after promising 20-22. Another bait and switch by Legacy. And you guys thought the infighting was bad last year.

So said 22 then maybe 23-24 and then post 25. Who taught math over there?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Count again. Because there is 24 listed for golden geese and 23 listed for Blue Devils

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did Blast post yet?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did Blast post yet?

Did Blast post yet?

Blast has nothing left.
No attack
No defense
1 middie line
Good luck

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Geese are crumbling. Absolute mess over there.watch it all unfold

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did Blast post yet?

Did Blast post yet?

Blast has nothing left.
No attack
No defense
1 middie line
Good luck

Geese are crumbling. Absolute mess over there.watch it all unfold[/quote]

Ooooh! Wonder who this is? Ha Ha! Deflecting your own fears. Good luck with that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Count again. Because there is 24 listed for golden geese and 23 listed for Blue Devils

Blue Devils blow. Waste of money to play for that team....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo is the team to beat this year in 2025

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The Jets have a better shot of winning the AFC....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's so funny. And true

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Didn't a bunch of them leave and go to Team 24? Just a question.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The Jets have a better shot of winning the AFC....

haha...so true. maybe top 4 or 5 but they wont crack the top 3

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[/quote]

Your just some low life troll who knows nothing. You have a sad and lonely life. Nothing better to do than make up negative comments about youth teams. I pity you. Crawl back under your rock. No one here is interested in your negative commentary.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your just some low life troll who knows nothing. You have a sad and lonely life. Nothing better to do than make up negative comments about youth teams. I pity you. Crawl back under your rock. No one here is interested in your negative commentary. [/quote]

Did I touch a nerve??? Realize you pay too much and live in the shadow of the geese??? You clearly are interested hence your response. Face it. That team is horrible.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did Blast post yet?

Did Blast post yet?

Blast has nothing left.
No attack
No defense
1 middie line
Good luck

You wish. This team won't need luck.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your just some low life troll who knows nothing. You have a sad and lonely life. Nothing better to do than make up negative comments about youth teams. I pity you. Crawl back under your rock. No one here is interested in your negative commentary.

Did I touch a nerve??? Realize you pay too much and live in the shadow of the geese??? You clearly are interested hence your response. Face it. That team is horrible. [/quote]

Too funny!!! You don't even realize who you are talking to.
If you have a kid on the geese, you should be kicked off if your insulting a team in the same organisation. Get lost jerk.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Didn't a bunch of them leave and go to Team 24? Just a question.

mikeeeeeee stop it !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Did I touch a nerve??? Realize you pay too much and live in the shadow of the geese??? You clearly are interested hence your response. Face it. That team is horrible.

If you have a kid on the geese, you should be kicked off if your insulting a team in the same organisation. Get lost jerk.
[/quote]

Who I am talking to?? Wait I know a fool... Be sure to get to practice early to fill the water bottles for the geese.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team 24 will crush Igloo. FACT. How many came over I forgot...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So old Igloo beats new igloo?

These kids are 9 and 10 years old. And you're a loser for the above text I quoted.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So old Igloo beats new igloo?

These kids are 9 and 10 years old. And you're a loser for the above text I quoted.

Maybe you should bring your kid over as well. Let him play with winners

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who I am talking to?? Wait I know a fool... Be sure to get to practice early to fill the water bottles for the geese. [/quote]

Bye trash.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who I am talking to?? Wait I know a fool... Be sure to get to practice early to fill the water bottles for the geese.

Bye trash. [/quote]

That was weak like the Blue Devils.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where's the Legacy coaching list?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Geese will not commit to coach list because the daddy control freaks pushed there number 1 coach out, they should be ashamed as an organization what they are allowing to happen. Geese has turned into dad's running the show and there friend the money man standing behind them for support, meanwhile the coach who gave his all and made the geese who they are was basically pushed out! I feel for these boys who have a bond and will no longer have him.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They need help. Get rid of the defensive coach. He's not good

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Geese will not commit to coach list because the daddy control freaks pushed there number 1 coach out, they should be ashamed as an organization what they are allowing to happen. Geese has turned into dad's running the show and there friend the money man standing behind them for support, meanwhile the coach who gave his all and made the geese who they are was basically pushed out! I feel for these boys who have a bond and will no longer have him.

Boo Hoo Wa wa Mama Goose.. Get over it and move on.. No one cares about your issues.. Time to find another nest for your little golden egg.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The Geese had more than one coach who made
it what it is, and he is still there. It needed change
and that's what is happening. Finally!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anybody have any experience with mamas boyz?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They have a really good team at this age group. Not a Blast or a Geese level but competitive, great coaches (neither of which has a child on the team) and a great group of boys and families. They had a lot of success last summer. No controversy, no infighting.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You haven't seen anything yet. If you don't like whats going on, either try to change the set, or move to a new set.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Never played on the team, but what they stand for is Great!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Boo Hoo Wa wa Mama Goose.. Get over it and move on.. No one cares about your issues.. Time to find another nest for your little golden egg.

Don't hold anything in.Let it all out.lmao

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You sound pretty angry.

The fact is the Geese will be lead for the 4th straight year by former Umass Tewaaraton finalist Chris Fiore. He also played in the MLL for the Lizards.
Great person and coach who is amazing with kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My sons team played them. Solid B team and parents seemed cool.

Page 9 of 48 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 47 48

Link Copied to Clipboard