BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 15
Re: Boys 2021 - 9th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Hearing not much @ the Avalanche tryout tonight...

Not much what ??? There was plenty of kids and some good talent well be a nice team but more importantly will be well coached and the kids that want to be there will..... by the way don't believe everything you hear....lesson #1 in life see you in the fall pal

Unimpressed was the term used. 25 to 30 boys, handful of Igloo helmets. I trust the judgment of the source. Maybe we'll see you in the fall, maybe we won't. Fall is football season! ;-)

My kid didn't even want to go. He spoke to his friends that are on good teams, and none of them were going. Been on the same team since 3rd grade. Good coaches, all his friends are there, and they have success. I think this will be a good B team, and I wish Avalanche luck.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stop trying to cause trouble.

I'm going to check out this Ambush team. If there are so many haters, they must be a good option.

LOL

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tide Fall Schedule
Sunday, November 5 - Showcase
Lax Invitational, Baltimore

Sunday, November 12 - Showcase
3d in fl$, Delaware

Saturday, November 18 - Showcase
Fall Classic, Farmingdale, LI

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If this is true then this means only a few kids returned to the team and only has 30 kids to choose from. I would think most of the kids are using Igloo as a safety net in case they don't make a team or already need a safety net. It is doubtful anyone is going there by choice. The igloo parents I spoke with are saying the same thing a lot of kids and talent was there. Maybe they need to read from a new script since word is getting out that is not true.

Not much what ??? There was plenty of kids and some good talent well be a nice team but more importantly will be well coached and the kids that want to be there will..... by the way don't believe everything you hear....lesson #1 in life see you in the fall pal

Unimpressed was the term used. 25 to 30 boys, handful of Igloo helmets. I trust the judgment of the source. Maybe we'll see you in the fall, maybe we won't. Fall is football season! ;-)

Not sure how this is a surprise - first the club formally disbands the team, then they reconstitute it. Players reacted to the first message and sought other options. Between the experience from last season and the totally mixed message by Igloo, even with bringing in a renowned coach, Igloo was fighting an uphill battle from the beginning. Throw in the late tryouts, and we are we are, but none of it is surprising given the details.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Outlaws have tryouts Mon. Any positions on select or gold still.
Thanks

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If this is true then this means only a few kids returned to the team and only has 30 kids to choose from. I would think most of the kids are using Igloo as a safety net in case they don't make a team or already need a safety net. It is doubtful anyone is going there by choice. The igloo parents I spoke with are saying the same thing a lot of kids and talent was there. Maybe they need to read from a new script since word is getting out that is not true.

Not sure how this is a surprise - first the club formally disbands the team, then they reconstitute it. Players reacted to the first message and sought other options. Between the experience from last season and the totally mixed message by Igloo, even with bringing in a renowned coach, Igloo was fighting an uphill battle from the beginning. Throw in the late tryouts, and we are we are, but none of it is surprising given the details.

Igloo also screwed up the other ages 2nd teams as well. Not looking good for AA.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks

Nope all kids on select have been notified ....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks

Nope all kids on select have been notified ....

Not according to PB's email today. Positions open on all teams

All 2nd Round e Mails have gone out.

If assignd a Team, please accept before deadline.

Contact us for extension if needed

Our 3rd Round will start Monday.

All Info at lioutlawslax.com

SPOTS are still available on all teams.

If your son has not been assigned yet we encourage him to attend

Can Contact us for any specifics, or questions

Thanks

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Igloo also screwed up the other ages 2nd teams as well. Not looking good for AA.

Outside of the elite teams at every age, there is a lot of competition now - the clubs and parents may not like it, but for every boy not on the top 3 or 4 club teams, there are a lot of programs where they can get fairly equal or better experience and development than they do playing on those top clubs' second teams, and in many cases for a lot less money and commitment. I know a lot of boys like my son that play at the level just below the top teams that love the game and want to get better. But, they play three sports and they don't want 3+ tournaments in the fall, they don't 4+ tournaments in the spring - they're good with 1 in the fall and the 5 - 6 they play in spring summer after school ball is done. They'll do lax winter workouts in addition to school wrestling or basketball, but they do it knowing that if there is a conflict or if they are worn down, they will take a week or two off and the coach is good with that. And many of these boys will play college lacrosse, but some may opt to play other sports in college - my son's preference now is to play football at the college level, but he likely will have a choice when he is junior. College lax coaches openly say they prefer multi sport SAs, but the top clubs seem to push an "all lax" mentality, even if some say otherwise.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
9D1 had a decent turnout, much lower than last weeks. Not many Igloo helmets for 2021, so I don't think the Avalanche kids are planning on landing there unless they wore their town helmets. I don't see a third team coming out of this age group based on this tryout. Seems like most of the Blaze kids stayed home, knowing that they made the team.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
9D1 had a decent turnout, much lower than last weeks. Not many Igloo helmets for 2021, so I don't think the Avalanche kids are planning on landing there unless they wore their town helmets. I don't see a third team coming out of this age group based on this tryout. Seems like most of the Blaze kids stayed home, knowing that they made the team.

Blaze AA
Ambush B
No third team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Gone for a while?? It was a 2017 team. They graduated in 2017.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry every kid is not as good as your little guy ... glad you trust the judgement of others he is probably the same guy who agrees with everything you say .... maybe we will see you in the fall on the football field .....let me guess oh forget it not even worth the time ...please just move on to your new home remember the grass is not always greener elsewhere....good luck

When you can't keep the ball in the air for more than 2 or 3 passes, you aren't working with a lot of talent. Heard there was one middie standout - already in an Igloo helmet - not much beyond him.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Blaze AA
Ambush B
No third team

Ambush is a solid A team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Blaze AA
Ambush B
No third team

They have been avoiding solid A teams for a while. Keep telling yourself that.avoided outlaws, express and igloo all last season

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ambush parents have been told they will play the top Long Island teams this year. Made some changes last year as did the teams you mentioned. For this upcoming season all teams have made changes. So this past seasons performance does not count. It is a new season. Ambush we play the top teams this year and run with them all and prove they are a AA team.

quote=Anonymous]

Blaze AA
Ambush B
No third team

They have been avoiding solid A teams for a while. Keep telling yourself that.avoided outlaws, express and igloo all last season
[/quote]

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ambush parents have been told they will play the top Long Island teams this year. Made some changes last year as did the teams you mentioned. For this upcoming season all teams have made changes. So this past seasons performance does not count. It is a new season. Ambush we play the top teams this year and run with them all and prove they are a AA team.

quote=Anonymous]

Blaze AA
Ambush B
No third team

[/quote]

Ambush is going to jump to being an AA team? Really?!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ambush players were seen all over trying out for other teams. About ten were at Express tryouts and many trying out for the Greyhounds/Titans. It is not likely any of the Ambush kids could make the top six teams. But if there is a chance for movement those would be the two teams they could make. Greyhounds are the easiest team to make in the top Six and Express takes almost everyone B level and above for the top team. So no matter what you read here on how strong Ambush is and how they are all happy they are realistic on the lower level of talent this team really has showing up at tryouts for teams they have the best chance to make in the top six. Let's see how many players return next year. History tells us this team has a lot of turnover.

quote=Anonymous]

Blaze AA
Ambush B
No third team

Ambush is going to jump to being an AA team? Really?! [/quote]

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Guys lets stop this AA and A nonsense it does not justify anything! The now "A" teams are B teams, just be real!!! It will help your kid in the long run...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Blaze AA
Ambush B
No third team

How does one avoid other teams? Do the coaches call each other and ask where they're going to play or do they each independently sign up for tournaments? In the big tournaments the organization wouldn't let Ambush in the highest bracket because Blaze was playing there. That's not the coach avoiding anyone. That being said I am pretty sure that the same thing will happen this year. Ambush is a solid team who unfortunately plays for the same club as one of the top teams in the country.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would like to see everyone's top 10 for this age group:

1 - DC Express
2 - Crabs
3 - 91 Blaze
4 - Black Ice
5 - Primetime
6 - Laxachusettes Black
7 - Madlax
8 - True
9 - Eclipse
10 - LI Express

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I will take the kids with the most hold backs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Blaze AA
Ambush B
No third team

How does one avoid other teams? Do the coaches call each other and ask where they're going to play or do they each independently sign up for tournaments? In the big tournaments the organization wouldn't let Ambush in the highest bracket because Blaze was playing there. That's not the coach avoiding anyone. That being said I am pretty sure that the same thing will happen this year. Ambush is a solid team who unfortunately plays for the same club as one of the top teams in the country.

you can call up any tournament and ask who is playing in each division. If you want the t-shirt you go where the weaker teams play.its pretty simple. Ambush = B level tournaments/website photos

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This age group as you put it has None of the top teams except Iglloo. This list is 2021 some teams have 17 year olds. For 2021 it is the wrong order but correct teams but missing NH Tomahawks who destroyed most of these teams. But remember igloo and and a few of the Long Island teams not on this list are are top for this age group. Igloo is the only team on this list who don't have any players born before September 1 ,2003.

1 - DC Express
2 - Crabs
3 - 91 Blaze
4 - Black Ice
5 - Primetime
6 - Laxachusettes Black
7 - Madlax
8 - True
9 - Eclipse
10 - LI Express

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This age group as you put it has None of the top teams except Iglloo. This list is 2021 some teams have 17 year olds. For 2021 it is the wrong order but correct teams but missing NH Tomahawks who destroyed most of these teams. But remember igloo and and a few of the Long Island teams not on this list are are top for this age group. Igloo is the only team on this list who don't have any players born before September 1 ,2003.

1 - DC Express
2 - Crabs
3 - 91 Blaze
4 - Black Ice
5 - Primetime
6 - Laxachusettes Black
7 - Madlax
8 - True
9 - Eclipse
10 - LI Express

1 - DC Express
2 - Crabs
3 - 91 Blaze
4 - Black Ice
5 - Primetime
6 - Laxachusettes Black
7 - Madlax
8 - True
9 - Eclipse
10 - LI Express

None of the teams listed have 17 year olds. For NY the cut off is 12/1/02 right? Most of Igloo's impact players should be 2020s by NY standards. Express and 9D1 are as young, if not younger, on average than Igloo. Please stop stating Igloo and a "few other" LI teams are top for this age group; that is simply not true. If Igloo is so legit, why did they play with a 2020 on their team for four years? And how about them playing this past summer with young man that just finished 9th grade......

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Blaze AA
Ambush B
No third team

you can call up any tournament and ask who is playing in each division. If you want the t-shirt you go where the weaker teams play.its pretty simple. Ambush = B level tournaments/website photos

I have never seen a phone number for a tournament anywhere. That doesn't mean it isn't true. Hmm

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1 - DC Express
2 - Crabs
3 - 91 Blaze
4 - Black Ice
5 - Primetime
6 - Laxachusettes Black
7 - Madlax
8 - True
9 - Eclipse
10 - LI Express

1 - DC Express
2 - Crabs
3 - 91 Blaze
4 - Black Ice
5 - Primetime
6 - Laxachusettes Black
7 - Madlax
8 - True
9 - Eclipse
10 - LI Express

None of the teams listed have 17 year olds. For NY the cut off is 12/1/02 right? Most of Igloo's impact players should be 2020s by NY standards. Express and 9D1 are as young, if not younger, on average than Igloo. Please stop stating Igloo and a "few other" LI teams are top for this age group; that is simply not true. If Igloo is so legit, why did they play with a 2020 on their team for four years? And how about them playing this past summer with young man that just finished 9th grade......

1 - DC Express
2 - Crabs
3 - 91 Blaze
4 - Black Ice
5 - Primetime
6 - Laxachusettes Black
7 - Madlax
8 - True
9 - Eclipse
10 - LI Express

1 - DC Express
2 - Crabs
3 - 91 Blaze
4 - Black Ice
5 - Primetime
6 - Laxachusettes Black
7 - Madlax
8 - True
9 - Eclipse
10 - LI Express

There are teams on this list that are not from New [lacrosse]. So New [lacrosse] rules don't apply. Eclipse has 16 year olds. They admitted it at the Nxt Philadelphia Show case. Edge who is not on the list did have 17 year olds so it does happen. True which is a National team has at least 16 year olds according to parents. Crabs advertise that they are legit because all the kids were born in 2001 and 2002. Express has at least one double holdback. So does 9d1. All these teams have older kids. As for Igloo trust me I am not an Igloo fan but I know the team very well. All kids were born after Sept 1 2003. They would all be legit 2021 in most states. They are the only age appropriate team on this list like it or not. All the other teams have 15 and 16 year olds. One last thing I never thought I would be defending Igloo. But the truth is the truth. The list is a 2021 list not this "age group".

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
None of the ambush Made the greyhounds one made titans

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just to add to something this age group should be and are kids that were born AFTER 9-1-02. Igloo is the only team on this list that qualifies for this age group. Primetime was awful until they added hold backs. Laxachusettes and mad lax has had older kids from the start. These three teams also have at least some 15 year olds. It is also true that NH Tomahawks would beat most of the teams on this list. They are almost all 16 year olds with all 2021 grads. Team Carolina should be on the list beacuse they beat a bunch of teams on the list too. These lists mean nothing now and as one post said before the team with the most hold backs will be the better ones for now. Let's see where these teams are in two years when the teams that have to rely on developing talent grow up and play these older teams when they are all the same size.

1 - DC Express
2 - Crabs
3 - 91 Blaze
4 - Black Ice
5 - Primetime
6 - Laxachusettes Black
7 - Madlax
8 - True
9 - Eclipse
10 - LI Express

1 - DC Express
2 - Crabs
3 - 91 Blaze
4 - Black Ice
5 - Primetime
6 - Laxachusettes Black
7 - Madlax
8 - True
9 - Eclipse
10 - LI Express

1 - DC Express
2 - Crabs
3 - 91 Blaze
4 - Black Ice
5 - Primetime
6 - Laxachusettes Black
7 - Madlax
8 - True
9 - Eclipse
10 - LI Express

1 - DC Express
2 - Crabs
3 - 91 Blaze
4 - Black Ice
5 - Primetime
6 - Laxachusettes Black
7 - Madlax
8 - True
9 - Eclipse
10 - LI Express

There are teams on this list that are not from New [lacrosse]. So New [lacrosse] rules don't apply. Eclipse has 16 year olds. They admitted it at the Nxt Philadelphia Show case. Edge who is not on the list did have 17 year olds so it does happen. True which is a National team has at least 16 year olds according to parents. Crabs advertise that they are legit because all the kids were born in 2001 and 2002. Express has at least one double holdback. So does 9d1. All these teams have older kids. As for Igloo trust me I am not an Igloo fan but I know the team very well. All kids were born after Sept 1 2003. They would all be legit 2021 in most states. They are the only age appropriate team on this list like it or not. All the other teams have 15 and 16 year olds. One last thing I never thought I would be defending Igloo. But the truth is the truth. The list is a 2021 list not this "age group".

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1 - DC Express
2 - Crabs
3 - 91 Blaze
4 - Black Ice
5 - Primetime
6 - Laxachusettes Black
7 - Madlax
8 - True
9 - Eclipse
10 - LI Express

1 - DC Express
2 - Crabs
3 - 91 Blaze
4 - Black Ice
5 - Primetime
6 - Laxachusettes Black
7 - Madlax
8 - True
9 - Eclipse
10 - LI Express

1 - DC Express
2 - Crabs
3 - 91 Blaze
4 - Black Ice
5 - Primetime
6 - Laxachusettes Black
7 - Madlax
8 - True
9 - Eclipse
10 - LI Express

1 - DC Express
2 - Crabs
3 - 91 Blaze
4 - Black Ice
5 - Primetime
6 - Laxachusettes Black
7 - Madlax
8 - True
9 - Eclipse
10 - LI Express

NY rules apply to NY teams like Igloo, Express, 91, etc. My statement stands. Igloo has more hold backs (by NY standards) then any team on LI. Edge is not on the original list, so you saying they have 17 year olds adds nothing to your initial statement. Again, Igloo had a 9th grader on their team this summer. Was he born after 9/01/02? Is he repeating 9th grade or planning on doing a post graduate year? Igloo has been gaming the system since the inception of their program. If you are not associated with their program, stop sticking up for them because you are misinformed. If you are associated with their program, realize that they are probably trying to replace your son by recruiting a player from Pennsylvania, California or Texas.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Leg is very weak at 2021.their world series team was a product of the so called age requirements

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Leg is very weak at 2021.their world series team was a product of the so called age requirements

One Ambush kid tried out. Just to have a backup plan. He didn't put a lot of effort into it. Fact.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
oh that kid was trying and his dad had Pom Poms
very funny scene, he looked ok till they put there real D on him.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

One Ambush kid tried out. Just to have a backup plan. He didn't put a lot of effort into it. Fact.

Wow. A kid goes to a tryout and does not try. That is more of an embasmement had he tried and not made it. Now we know why Ambush is a B team. Top ten Long Island teams don't have players that don't try all the time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ambush is a top 5 Long Island team. Period. It's tough being good. Everybody trying to bring us down. #HateUsCauseTheyAintUs. We know who we are.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ambush is a top 5 Long Island team. Period. It's tough being good. Everybody trying to bring us down. #HateUsCauseTheyAintUs. We know who we are.

If true we will never know because Ambush coach puts them in b tournaments. If the coach does not believe they are an A team capable of playing in A tournaments why should we? I have seen Ambush. All b level players with a great coach. That does not make you an A team and certainatly not better than the current number six team legacy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A lot of funny people on here living vicariously through their kids! Was it one kid who's dad had ppm poms or a whole bunch? Get your story straight. Ambush is a solid team. Not awesome but solid. There weren't too many real defensemen there. Maybe one who could play for Ambush.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Top 5 for 2022.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ssuddh

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
At least you have options pick what B team you want to play for.

Page 5 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 15

Link Copied to Clipboard