BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,579
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 15 of 85 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 84 85
Re: Boys 2023 - 7th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I heard Shore 2 Shore moving forward with a second team. I was told they have 15 kids commited so far and are expecting more kids at supplemtental tryout on Monday.

Curious how the talent will be on this team.

Talent is most likely coming from kids that didn't make their first choice. At this point the top clubs sent their invites out, so it's down to the clubs that provide late multiple team options. It's all about the $$$$

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many teams will be playing box lax this winter? How many tournaments?

Only a few teams. Tryouts came already. November will be the first tournaments in Philly.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard Shore 2 Shore moving forward with a second team. I was told they have 15 kids commited so far and are expecting more kids at supplemtental tryout on Monday.

They brought a few Outlaw coaches over. They must be serious about getting going. Not sure how they go from one team to many teams in one year. That's a big leap. Wonder why all of a sudden?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
3 years 3 Programs for one outlaw coach- Other one would not have been brought back. Good luck with them

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
One of the coaches who switched over, on paper was listed as a Board Member - Director of Middle School Player Development last year for the Outlaws. Tell you the truth I don't know what he did for the organization if anything.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are there any Box specific teams on LI or is it just part of some yearly programs?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
One of the coaches who switched over, on paper was listed as a Board Member - Director of Middle School Player Development last year for the Outlaws. Tell you the truth I don't know what he did for the organization if anything.

Bad judgement on the Outlaws to criticize a varsity HS coach. Seems like all their Board are HS coaches. Aren't they supposed to be high quality? Why would someone with an excellent reputation leave? Are all the other HS board members leaving? Seems like Trump's council is falling apart.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ducks are good B+ team but get beat easily by the a teams. Coach is good, but unless you are top 4 attack top 4 def or line 1-2 middie, be prepared for very little playing time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bad judgement on the Outlaws to criticize a varsity HS coach. Seems like all their Board are HS coaches. Aren't they supposed to be high quality? Why would someone with an excellent reputation leave? Are all the other HS board members leaving? Seems like Trump's council is falling apart.

Coach, whats your definition of high quality, and yes H.S. coaches are supposed to be of high quality. Further more, someones reputation is subjective not objective. So, If they don't live up to their so call excellent reputation they are not retained. Finally, your political views have nothing to do and should not be mixed with youth lacrosse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Here is the funny thing about HS coach coaching a 12 y/o club team. Their 1st commitment is to HS. So when spring comes, where is your coach going to be? I guarantee not on the sidelines of his club team.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The director of player development who left Outlaws for S2S did nothing in that role. Never was at one of our practices. We saw him at tryouts and than never again. He didn't do anything that he was suppose too.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Here is the funny thing about HS coach coaching a 12 y/o club team. Their 1st commitment is to HS. So when spring comes, where is your coach going to be? I guarantee not on the sidelines of his club team.

So who is this you are talking about?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Coach, whats your definition of high quality, and yes H.S. coaches are supposed to be of high quality. Further more, someones reputation is subjective not objective. So, If they don't live up to their so call excellent reputation they are not retained. Finally, your political views have nothing to do and should not be mixed with youth lacrosse.

Wow. I don't know what to say. In all my years of coaching this organization doesn't hold itself out to be credible at any level.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The director of player development who left Outlaws for S2S did nothing in that role. Never was at one of our practices. We saw him at tryouts and than never again. He didn't do anything that he was suppose too.

I second that notion. Was at tryouts last August, but never shared any of his high quality or excellent reputation at any team practices.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Their are so many quality teams out there. I can't imagine S2S having a competitive 2nd team. Their top team lost a lot of speed last year. But, who knows. We'll need to wait until we see some games.

its late in the game to only have15 committed players. Curious if they will actually be able to fill a roster.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I second that notion. Was at tryouts last August, but never shared any of his high quality or excellent reputation at any team practices.

Wait, give credit where credit is due. He ran the winter clinic, which wasn't included in the tuition, held in Deer Park. A complete waste of time and $$$.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Their are so many quality teams out there. I can't imagine S2S having a competitive 2nd team. Their top team lost a lot of speed last year. But, who knows. We'll need to wait until we see some games.

its late in the game to only have15 committed players. Curious if they will actually be able to fill a roster.

It's on the same day the Outlaws are holding their 3 round of tryouts. Being he's an Ex. Outlaw Director he most likely trying to scoop up some remaining Outlaw on-lookers...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coach, seems as if you have an underlying message. Noticed you linked the Outlaws organization with Trump. Blame somebody else, it's the flavor of these times...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
F&G will remain with only one team. Did not establish a Suffolk team. A little disappointed but they remain a well well run organization with quality coaching... Compared to the coach my son last season, I can't complain.

are they a competitive team at this age group

Yes. They'll be better than the other B+ clubs this year.

Kids team played them on a few occasions and went to a clinic in the past yr, seems like a well run program but not competitive enough on an A team level, at least not as of this summer

The reason why a stand alone Suffolk team wasn't established. Don't know the level of talent last years team had, but if the above is true, won't be any major gains if any.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sounds like all of the HS coaches Outlaws scooped up. They need better ownership.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would think if the team was going to be terrible they would have just scraped it. They have a team that is competitive at that level. Adding another that is crap doesn't help them if they are trying to build the brand.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When is 90+1 going to post results from their tryouts?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is the tryout only for the second team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I had the same questions and I reached out to them. They said they were looking for players for 1 team. I don't know what people keep talking about second team. You should email them

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Supplemental tryout is for both teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would think if the team was going to be terrible they would have just scraped it. They have a team that is competitive at that level. Adding another that is crap doesn't help them if they are trying to build the brand.

The team is going to be highly competitive. Same model as the top 2-3 clubs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The team is going to be highly competitive. Same model as the top 2-3 clubs.

You sound confident they were abble to get the right talent and enough to fill a roster.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes.

This is BOC someone does not want you trying out so you can take playing time away from their little superstar. Why don't you contact the coaches and ask them the question.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes.

How competitive is S2S, I know there not a top club and they slipped a little this year from last but where do they rank after the top clubs?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes.

This is BOC someone does not want you trying out so you can take playing time away from their little superstar. Why don't you contact the coaches and ask them the question.

I get it but if you can't ask questions in this forum and get any legit answers/information than what is its purpose? If it us just a place where men that have nothing better to do than live vicariously through their kids they should just shut it down. If I was one of these club owners I would have a registered name and be answering some questions especially if wrong info is being given out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Keep things in prospective, and never forget it's all about $$$.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/quote]

Is the tryout only for the second team?[/quote]

This is BOC someone does not want you trying out so you can take playing time away from their little superstar. Why don't you contact the coaches and ask them the question.[/quote]

I get it but if you can't ask questions in this forum and get any legit answers/information than what is its purpose? If it us just a place where men that have nothing better to do than live vicariously through their kids they should just shut it down. If I was one of these club owners I would have a registered name and be answering some questions especially if wrong info is being given out.
[/quote]
Uncle John's Band

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is the tryout only for the second team?[/quote]

This is BOC someone does not want you trying out so you can take playing time away from their little superstar. Why don't you contact the coaches and ask them the question.[/quote]

[/quote]

History speaks for itself. All clubs offer spots on A team immediately after first tryouts - in many cases before. Supplementals are to see if the club can put together another team. And at $$$ per player -- the club makes out either way.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
S2S is not in the conversation anymore as a top 5 club.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are you the appointed official on that?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
no the Ducks Coach

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I could see your point there, but then what are your thoughts on the 4th and 5th of that top 5?? Bandits, Igloo and Haugen have top 3, is 4 and 5 up for grabs depending on how the rosters fall based on tryouts?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I could see your point there, but then what are your thoughts on the 4th and 5th of that top 5?? Bandits, Igloo and Haugen have top 3, is 4 and 5 up for grabs depending on how the rosters fall based on tryouts?

S2S still in top 5 . #4 S2S & #5 Empire Green.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Empire green. Lmao. That's hysterical empire dad

Page 15 of 85 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 84 85

Link Copied to Clipboard