BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,175
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: What's Your View? Establishing a Regional Premier League
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coordination is the key communication the other. The other point is that it does not have to be a for profit. It could be Non Profit and for hose coordinating and running the adminstrative aspects they could draw a salary which would keep their interests and devotion high.

We all know those in this circuit that are either excellent at communication and coordination (and those that are down right horrible).

get those people in a room and talk this out.

Imagine if you got 5 poeple per grade level from 2022 to 2017 in one room togther and saw what it yeilded.

Originally Posted by Anonymous
This could be a very simple process for the right person. You would need someone who has experience running a league and someone who would be able to gain access to multiple fields. All that would have to happen is inviting all the directors of the Travel lax clubs across LI to a meeting and come up with a list of teams who are interested in playing. Once you have the support of the Travel clubs, the rest is easy. Of course it would have to be a profitable venture or it will not be run properly. It cant be a person that is involved or beholden to any travel programs. I think everyone is overthinking it. All it would take is a little coordination, but I think it would be easier than you think.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Express wouldn't participate unless they can make money off of it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They run a league out of farmindale college. They also run one on Friday nights at Dowling.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express runs a league out of farmingdale??? what league?

They run a league out of farmindale college. They also run one on Friday nights at Dowling.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express runs a league out of farmingdale??? what league?

these are just two leagues not affiliated with Express or 91. So the vehicle already is available, teams just don't want to do it

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Players and parents would love to participate in a league against the top 10 teams on Long Island....Without travelling up and down the east coast.......we CANNOT or MC and other team owners would kick our kids off their teams and replace them with another player. All Club owners advise their players they cannot participate with another team while playing for them....which means they control who plays where once you've forked over $1,400 to them. They feed off the fear of having your kid blackballed from their small, close knit fraternity. That's the bottom line. Besides the risk of revenue loss for a club owner, there's absolutely no reason not to organize a Long Island Lacrosse League so the best of Long Island can compete with one another locally.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
""Besides the risk of revenue loss for a club owner, there's absolutely no reason not to organize a Long Island Lacrosse League so the best of Long Island can compete with one another locally.""

Club Owners are not the only problem.

HS Coaches, Town Team Coaches and Town Lacrosse Board Members also use Fear as a tactic against the kids and parents.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
I don't think the high school, town, and others come into play regarding this. If you were to designate this a "premiere league", it should consist of the best kids from LI. Which goes back to my point earlier " that this league would not be for every team, program, or child for that matter"..... Do you honestly think the parents of these kids care what the local coaches think? If your child can play, and play well what high school program will shun that kid once the time comes him to play?

I know sage said before that it could consist of any division, but this should only consist of A level or better players. Everyone else continue to play PAL, or the other leagues available to them.

""Besides the risk of revenue loss for a club owner, there's absolutely no reason not to organize a Long Island Lacrosse League so the best of Long Island can compete with one another locally.""

HS Coaches, Town Team Coaches and Town Lacrosse Board Members also use Fear as a tactic against the kids and parents.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are a number of towns where this goes on. There is pressure put on the kids to play only with their town (especially the strongest players).

A "True Premier League" will only consist of 4 to 6 teams per grade. If you have two devisions you could have 8 to 10 teams total. At the end of the season you could move the bottom one or two teams down and the top one to two teams up.

If the goal is "player development" this is one way to do it. If the goal is winning games then keep the current format.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
I totally get your idea of the two divisions... That could definitely work. As for schools doing the pressure thing, I feel that is wrong. I don't know where these school coaches get off doing that. Top tier programs I can understand, the others no!

There are a number of towns where this goes on. There is pressure put on the kids to play only with their town (especially the strongest players).

A "True Premier League" will only consist of 4 to 6 teams per grade. If you have two devisions you could have 8 to 10 teams total. At the end of the season you could move the bottom one or two teams down and the top one to two teams up.

If the goal is "player development" this is one way to do it. If the goal is winning games then keep the current format.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
While i agree it is not for everyone, it should not just be for A or above, what purpose does that serve to the greater good of LI Lacrosse. that is what it is about.

Have a jamboree to rank the teams, then play teams ranked simialr to yours. It is that simple. Stop sayign they are only 8, there are only 9, they are only 10, when does it stop!

If volunteer vs pay wasnt a factor.

why cant PAL see the need to evolve. Why cant nassua and suffolk PAL combine. Why cant they be the leader (since they have pull for the town fields).

Why cant PAL say,
1). We will create a league across Nassau and Suffolk for teams to play.
2). We will offer a competitve league and developmental league..
3). have a jamboree to try and rank teams (to split into Competitive ad developmental).
4). We will take 2 weeks to rank teams, and create competitive leagues.

of course PAL rules will govern the league. With 11 weeks before the start of the spring can we do this for the sake of the sport and our children.

it is a start to retain LI as a lax HOT BED. and id rather see PAL do it than anyone else. Lets lose th estigman that PAl is not competitve. PAl shoul dbe a palce were all abilities can play and be developed as the best player and persons they can be. Whether that is an AA or d player.

Originally Posted by LaxDad#14
I don't think the high school, town, and others come into play regarding this. If you were to designate this a "premiere league", it should consist of the best kids from LI. Which goes back to my point earlier " that this league would not be for every team, program, or child for that matter"..... Do you honestly think the parents of these kids care what the local coaches think? If your child can play, and play well what high school program will shun that kid once the time comes him to play?

I know sage said before that it could consist of any division, but this should only consist of A level or better players. Everyone else continue to play PAL, or the other leagues available to them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No matter if a top program or not, I don't like a town saying you cant do what you want, but i can understand. I'd wish all town/schools being flexible by allowing a player to do both a travel and their school/town team.

The big question is, will a town program ever get to be a top teir if they loose their top players every season. It will be hard to become a top program if the players dont gel and their better than average players do not get to play with their top players.

I totally get your idea of the two divisions... That could definitely work. As for schools doing the pressure thing, I feel that is wrong. I don't know where these school coaches get off doing that. Top tier programs I can understand, the others no!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
a lot of good resonance in these last few posts...handing off to PAL might be possible if they can institute some of the NYPLL concepts.

can readily agree with the town pressures having been there and done that..what hog wash is that?

black balling has and does occur...experienced that as well for going off of the reservation!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
now to see if Sage could get with the two PALs and see if this was an option.

a lot of good resonance in these last few posts...handing off to PAL might be possible if they can institute some of the NYPLL concepts.

can readily agree with the town pressures having been there and done that..what hog wash is that?

black balling has and does occur...experienced that as well for going off of the reservation!!

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
There have been some good posts regarding this issue. Please understand that I'm all for players of all abilities to improve their game. I keep harping on the NPYLL because I could envision a league that is run according to the same rules(uniformity) in MD, NY, NJ, PA or wherever else. The NPYLL clearly state in their constitution that they are looking to expand to other areas... If all states are somewhat conforming to one set of rule and regulations, maybe this could help towards eliminating all the complaints regarding age and such when we go down to MD.

Just a thought/vision

In doing so, eventually I could forsee a Lacrosse Day/tournament similar to the ACC/Big Ten challenge.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here we go again.

The Topic is the formation of a "Premier League"

In order to do that, the strongest players need to play with and against each other.

Even the best "Town Programs" cant compete with what would be a "True Premier" type team. There are always going to be "AA" type players from non traditional powers. Those players are going to be stronger than the second level kid from the "Strong Town". Why should the Strongest Kids from the Strongest "town" programs not be alloud to participate in a "premier league" setting? How are the more advaced kids going to be challenged?

There should be a venue for the more advanced kids to compete. No need to have the so called "Select Teams" beat other teams by 10 goals. In the current system that happens all to often at tournaments.

Let PAL continue to do what they do.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There have been some good posts regarding this issue. Please understand that I'm all for players of all abilities to improve their game. I keep harping on the NPYLL because I could envision a league that is run according to the same rules(uniformity) in MD, NY, NJ, PA or wherever else. The NPYLL clearly state in their constitution that they are looking to expand to other areas... If all states are somewhat conforming to one set of rule and regulations, maybe this could help towards eliminating all the complaints regarding age and such when we go down to MD.

Just a thought/vision

In doing so, eventually I could forsee a Lacrosse Day/tournament similar to the ACC/Big Ten challenge.

this!!

Like Reply Quote
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard