BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,586
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 1
Page 3 of 47 1 2 3 4 5 46 47
Re: Boys 2023 - 7th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
91 FOGO was a liability and certainly wasn't key to the team. Goalie is overrated and replaceable.

both were great players for the team and will be missed! shame some parents feel the urge to blast 7th graders.

Could be part of the reason these kids left if that is the attitude being displayed on the sidelines........absolute shame what some parents can do to destroy a TEAM of kids.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 and Crabs sure seem to be a real sh*t show... Looks like Looney's, FCA, Hawks, Club Blue, and Bethesday reaping the benefits of poorly coached teams

Biggest mistake a parent can make is accepting a spot for their son on 23 Crabs. There is a reason a bunch of us left.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 and Crabs sure seem to be a real sh*t show... Looks like Looney's, FCA, Hawks, Club Blue, and Bethesday reaping the benefits of poorly coached teams

Biggest mistake a parent can make is accepting a spot for their son on 23 Crabs. There is a reason a bunch of us left.

I think the same can be true of 91md 2023; we left club entirely because of this experience!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's different coaches this year so what's the reason?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So flat brim is out?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team 91 2023 will continue to lose kids unless they change the coaching staff.

91 MD will continue to lose kids as long as Millon is running the show. The guy is a complete narcissist who still thinks he is relevant. Besides himself, first and foremost, he only cares about his sons' teams.

At least 3 good crabs just moved to 2023 T91MD. They must have done something right during tryouts this year (or Crabs did something really awful).

Interesting because I just looked at the current Crabs 2023 roster and there are only 13 kids listed. I know tryouts are still going on but there does seem to be some major turnover in the program. I do find it somewhat comical though how the yellow helmets showing up at tryouts or coming to another club team are viewed as saviors to an organization.

Team 91 had tryouts on the weekend on August 5&6 and the 2023 roster still has not been finalized? If that is the case I think that does say something about this team. Other clubs like FCA, Looney's, Hawks, Crabs etc have rosters finalized shortly after the final whistle at the last tryout. And can we all agree that taking 'shots' at kids is just bad form and should NEVER happen?

Taking shots at teams is equivalent to taking shots at kids on that team, perhaps you should follow you own advice?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team 91 2023 will continue to lose kids unless they change the coaching staff.

91 MD will continue to lose kids as long as Millon is running the show. The guy is a complete narcissist who still thinks he is relevant. Besides himself, first and foremost, he only cares about his sons' teams.

At least 3 good crabs just moved to 2023 T91MD. They must have done something right during tryouts this year (or Crabs did something really awful).

Interesting because I just looked at the current Crabs 2023 roster and there are only 13 kids listed. I know tryouts are still going on but there does seem to be some major turnover in the program. I do find it somewhat comical though how the yellow helmets showing up at tryouts or coming to another club team are viewed as saviors to an organization.

Team 91 had tryouts on the weekend on August 5&6 and the 2023 roster still has not been finalized? If that is the case I think that does say something about this team. Other clubs like FCA, Looney's, Hawks, Crabs etc have rosters finalized shortly after the final whistle at the last tryout. And can we all agree that taking 'shots' at kids is just bad form and should NEVER happen?

Taking shots at teams is equivalent to taking shots at kids on that team, perhaps you should follow you own advice?

I wasn't intentionally trying to take a shot at this club; just stating what I typically see once tryouts are finished. Others have expressed their disdain; I was referring to the process of recruiting but each club is different.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So flat brim is out?

Yep - flat brim is no longer coaching that team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So flat brim is out?

Yep - flat brim is no longer coaching that team.
Flat Brim was not the head coach... Just an assistant..... Look to the Head Coach for problems with the team... Ultimately his responsibility

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Flat brim is coaching another team for Crabs. Still a very good group of coaches and kids on 2023

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Interesting how parents are complaining about their kids not getting enough time on the field. Then you want to say the good kids are leaving and going to another team. Any moron can see that if your kid was good then they would have been playing and parents wouldn't be so unhappy. It is the same anywhere you go. Good luck to all of you unhappy parents and kids. Try to enjoy the game and stop the constant whining and complaining. Try to stay with one club team for more than 1 or two years, try pushing through when you don't like one thing or don't get your way.
You think these other club teams teams are lucky to be inheriting this drama? Same [lacrosse] different day...I mean club.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Interesting how parents are complaining about their kids not getting enough time on the field. Then you want to say the good kids are leaving and going to another team. Any moron can see that if your kid was good then they would have been playing and parents wouldn't be so unhappy. It is the same anywhere you go. Good luck to all of you unhappy parents and kids. Try to enjoy the game and stop the constant whining and complaining. Try to stay with one club team for more than 1 or two years, try pushing through when you don't like one thing or don't get your way.
You think these other club teams teams are lucky to be inheriting this drama? Same [lacrosse] different day...I mean club.

Agreed. Several of these kids are on their 3rd or 4th club in 4 years. You think that's because of bad coaching? Sounds like bad parents to me. This Crabs team will be better off without all of that drama!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

touche

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

parents disagree with adding a flat brim to the uniform?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Exactly my point.... you just proved how idiotic The parents are. Complete morons. Let's see what club you get cut from next year. I noticed many of these parents forgot to mention that they didn't exactly leave their respective clubs. Many were not asked to come back. It sounds so much better to blame everyone else. I am leaving a winning team because my kid didn't play and the coaching was horrible.
You can't be a winning team if the coaching is horrible. You can however be a non-factor, on a winning team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dumb...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agreed. Several of these kids are on their 3rd or 4th club in 4 years. You think that's because of bad coaching? Sounds like bad parents to me. This Crabs team will be better off without all of that drama!

That way of thinking got you into this perdicament Ryan....I mean jumbo lump!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Exactly my point.... you just proved how idiotic The parents are. Complete morons. Let's see what club you get cut from next year. I noticed many of these parents forgot to mention that they didn't exactly leave their respective clubs. Many were not asked to come back. It sounds so much better to blame everyone else. I am leaving a winning team because my kid didn't play and the coaching was horrible.
You can't be a winning team if the coaching is horrible. You can however be a non-factor, on a winning team.

Your worng.... Don't make comments if you were not apart of that team.... Obvioulsy you were not by making that statement.......

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes you can just ask the members of Crabs 2023!!! This mass exodus from the team was not based on playing time; it was based on the lack of developing players and very poor coaching. Have you even spoken to the parents that left????? Completely clueless.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes you can just ask the members of Crabs 2023!!! This mass exodus from the team was not based on playing time; it was based on the lack of developing players and very poor coaching. Have you even spoken to the parents that left????? Completely clueless.

I would agree - the parents that left are completely clueless. Good luck playing for MM, or Looney's, or FCA (where you really won't get any playing time).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
But you said it was a very talented team? How can you be both underdeveloped and talented? You're mad because you put your kid on a competitive team. The outcome wasn't what you expected. You asked for feedback and you got the truth. You didn't want to hear it and you are leaving the club. Not everyone is cut out to play on a competitive, winning team. It's not the kids that can't handle the facts! It's the parents that can't handle the facts! Until you are honest about your kids abilities you are always going to be unhappy. Every kid on that team is/ was a good lacrosse player. If anything you should be mad at yourself.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No, I don't ask the [lacrosse] dad's with their red solo cups and stop watches about their feelings. Same s;&@ different sideline.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ditto

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rumor is crabs 2023 is imploding...

A few players leaving, you could say they were disgruntled over playing time or whatever. But more than half the team leaving, including the boys that got most of the playing time, something else at play there.

Coaches & management just don't want to accept there were problems starting with them. Behind-the-scenes politics was shameful, starting with the Dad on the coaching staff. Perhaps they will use this as an opportunity to right their ship.

Most people had already decided that they wouldn't be coming back. But knowing that they were supposed to be getting new coaches, they showed up at tryouts to give one last consideration. But when they showed up and saw the promised "blind" tryout had last year's coaches as evaluators, they turned around and left. Likely they had chosen the team before they ever even started. Complete lack of professionalism and integrity.

A number of local clubs just got a little bit better adding these kids to their teams. Should make for some competitive games!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A few players leaving, you could say they were disgruntled over playing time or whatever. But more than half the team leaving, including the boys that got most of the playing time, something else at play there.

Coaches & management just don't want to accept there were problems starting with them. Behind-the-scenes politics was shameful, starting with the Dad on the coaching staff. Perhaps they will use this as an opportunity to right their ship.

Most people had already decided that they wouldn't be coming back. But knowing that they were supposed to be getting new coaches, they showed up at tryouts to give one last consideration. But when they showed up and saw the promised "blind" tryout had last year's coaches as evaluators, they turned around and left. Likely they had chosen the team before they ever even started. Complete lack of professionalism and integrity.

A number of local clubs just got a little bit better adding these kids to their teams. Should make for some competitive games!

Yeah, not much fun when you run every play to get the coach's son a shot. we should have left after the 1st year

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yeah, not much fun when you run every play to get the coach's son a shot. we should have left after the 1st year

Talking about Crabs or MM teams?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1St game of the last tournament.. Head Coach screamed several times at the boys.. "why don't you play more like(My favorite player). Happened many times during the season. He might as well kicked every player on that team in the nuts. This lead to the most lopsided loss in this teams history and no one seemed to care. Great players and parents... we learned a lot... Time to rebuild the confidence and move on. Many of these parents are coaches and involved with multiple sports... not our first rodeo.....Lacrosse is much bigger than a coach or a program....Crabs will be fine and the ones that left will be fine... If I am Crabs I am trying to get those boys back...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To all of the parents and kids who left a winning team because their feelings were hurt... hold on to all of
Those championship t-shirts that you didn't earn...because you won't be seeing many more!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To all of the parents and kids who left a winning team because their feelings were hurt... hold on to all of
Those championship t-shirts that you didn't earn...because you won't be seeing many more!

Sounds just like somthing Flat Brim would say...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds just like something Steele would say or is it Johnson?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't cry nugget!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Whoever wrote this gets it.....Thank you for this

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow... Parents really should not drink and post on BOTC.... Although wildly entertaining.....This stuff is embarrasing..whomever is doing this should be embarrased and you are definitely not helping the situation for anyone involved. There are kids that have left and kids that have stayed who still love and respect each other....Please stop this nonsense

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Got that right..I would rather be on a team with screaming coach while belittling players that wins a Championship, than any team that only wins some and loses some with a respectful coach teaching the game, fundamentals and respect...Yep thats more important to my 7th grader and his future.... Championship T shirts!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Honestly reading the back and forth between Crab coaches/parents and parents taking shots at kids on 91 reaffirms my decision to walk away from club lacrosse and get back to rec and my community. Absolutely embarrassing on both sides.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Honestly reading the back and forth between Crab coaches/parents and parents taking shots at kids on 91 reaffirms my decision to walk away from club lacrosse and get back to rec and my community. Absolutely embarrassing on both sides. [/quote

Sorry your boy didn't make a team, you can coach him now in rec.

Bye

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Honestly reading the back and forth between Crab coaches/parents and parents taking shots at kids on 91 reaffirms my decision to walk away from club lacrosse and get back to rec and my community. Absolutely embarrassing on both sides. [/quote

Bye

Thank you for reaffirming my decision.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bye

Thank you for reaffirming my decision.

Bye

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The only thing I am not seeing on this forum is parents taking responsibility for their actions. When you should have defended your son to a coach, when you should have had a meaningful conversation with the coach, when you should have gone back and told the coach how you and your son were feeling about a situation....you did not. You considered it taking the high road. Somehow coming on this forum and bashing the coaches and the coaches kids is making you feel better about all of the things you should have done for your kids and DID NOT. Let that be a lesson to all of you. Sitting on the sidelines and drinking and talking s($@ and not having the guts, dignity or self respect to defend your child is your problem. Timing your kids play time, whining, complaining, drinking and all around s()& talking from parents makes you no better than any coach, kid or club that you are bashing on this forum. You learn from this! The only people that are hurt from this are the kids. Attitudes are the forerunners of conditions! You parents...you learn from this!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow... Parents really should not drink and post on BOTC.... Although wildly entertaining.....This stuff is embarrasing..whomever is doing this should be embarrased and you are definitely not helping the situation for anyone involved. There are kids that have left and kids that have stayed who still love and respect each other....Please stop this nonsense

While I agree with you, I am hope to think that most of the kids in 2023 group do not read BOTC and if they did many would laugh at how much the parents care. My son has friends on competing clubs and made new friends through camps and other teams ect.... On the morning of one of his tournaments he was getting a lot of texts and instagram posts in a group talking trash about him and his team and guess what? The kids are way better at it than the adults. They were at least funny and he let me read some of them. It actually motivated him to play harder, the trash talking was rough but they new it was good spirited almost like an honor. Hater's gonna hate, and he was very happy to see the kids during and after the game. We should follow their lead.

Page 3 of 47 1 2 3 4 5 46 47

Link Copied to Clipboard