BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 34 1 2 3 4 5 6 33 34
Re: Girls 2023 - 7th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess you were watching the same game.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous][quote=ALCJCGAFG]That's a great point. It's never about one person. She is a great player, but she has a defense and a goalie that keeps them in the game when she's off. That's something everyone likes to forget or don't bother knowing at all. Defense and goalies always seem to get the shaft (no pun intended)

YJ lit the defense and goalie up when the coach's kid wasn't on the field that team will only go as far as she can carry them.

I would be more embarrassed that one kid lit up the entire YJ team and took them down twice! Doesn't say very much about the quality of this team

Or the coaching if you can't figure out how to stop a one girl team that's problem.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
so it is a one player team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I disagree! The big strong players get constant whistles even when they have not had an infraction. If the other player falls down or stumbles the refs call it every time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No way. Has a few string girls just like every other team. Not everyone a rockstar. Igloo is a solid team. But watch out. Not all the parents are happy about spending that kind of money. Few going to a certain NAssua south shore team tryouts. That's a fact.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Empire

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Empire

Is Empire a travel team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Empire

Is Empire a travel team?

Apparently so..... website says they are in Miller Place, but they also have Nassau county teams? no mention of any practice facilities in Nassau. God's speed to them

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]No way. Has a few string girls just like every other team. Not everyone a rockstar. Igloo is a solid team. But watch out. Not all the parents are happy about spending that kind of money. Few going to a certain NAssua south shore team tryouts. That's a fact.

Igloo is very expensive

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tryouts are cheap around 75 to 125. We paid around2000 last year. My girls is21 black tgs.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo is not expensive if you consider fall/winter/ spring, summer training - as well as stick clinic Saturday mornings.
Calculate all your ala carte charges.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Yes, Empire created a 2023 girls Nassau team this summer and they did quite well. They practiced at a few different locations in Nassau County. Their coach is the head varsity lacrosse coach at Lynbrook High School. All the girls and the parents love him. I think they have tryouts next week.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Does anyone know if any of these teams are looking for goalies?

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
That's not even remotely true.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by ALCJCGAFG
Yes, Empire created a 2023 girls Nassau team this summer and they did quite well. They practiced at a few different locations in Nassau County. Their coach is the head varsity lacrosse coach at Lynbrook High School. All the girls and the parents love him. I think they have tryouts next week.

Did quite well where?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo is not expensive if you consider fall/winter/ spring, summer training - as well as stick clinic Saturday mornings.
Calculate all your ala carte charges.

When you factor in that they do mostly local inexpensive tournaments it is very expensive. I cringe to think how much the price will increase when they start hitting the Jersey Turnpike tournaments more often.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Really - you will cringe! Is that what has you up at night? Thinking about how much another club program may charge. Knock other programs to feel good about yourself or try to promote your own program?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Igloo is not expensive if you consider fall/winter/ spring, summer training - as well as stick clinic Saturday mornings.
Calculate all your ala carte charges. [/quote

not expensive if you attend all of them but some kids do other sports and miss most of fall/winter things...plus don't they carry 25 girls ?
and play the same 12

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Hershey, Mass, Hofstra, Holtzville. They are a new program so I bet they will enter more this year. I know people will say those are not "competitive" tourneys, but it's a great start.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
I'm not sure where your information is coming from but Igloo went to New Jersey & Virginia this summer. They also start their season in September. They practice throughout the winter and do indoor tourneys. I will be honest, I'm not sure what's considered expensive anymore. They are all expensive, especially when you have more than one kid doing it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
from what I heard the 2023 Nassau empire girls team only has 1 goalie and they are looking for another....there is a lot of talk about this team and I will have my daughter at the tryouts this saturday

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They played in tournaments on LI , Massachusetts and Hershey PA and did well in all of them

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
from what I heard the 2023 Nassau empire girls team only has 1 goalie and they are looking for another....there is a lot of talk about this team and I will have my daughter at the tryouts this saturday

Where did empire play this summer?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]from what I heard the 2023 Nassau empire girls team only has 1 goalie and they are looking for another....there is a lot of talk about this team and I will have my daughter at the tryouts this saturday

Where did empire play this summer?

They played in the second bracket at Hofstra and weren't that competitive.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"There is a lot of talk about this team" - yes from the few parents on the team trying to promote the new program. Good luck with it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Empire was a new team, and while they were in the 2nd bracket they did beat TG purple very easily (~10 or 11-5). So yes while they aren't beating Igloo or TG, they are a solid program, and the parents really like Coach Tetro

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know if there will be a coaches change for YJ next year?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Anyone know if there will be a coaches change for YJ next year?

YJ haven't announced any coaching changes so it seems like it'll be status quo

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Empire was a new team, and while they were in the 2nd bracket they did beat TG purple very easily (~10 or 11-5). So yes while they aren't beating Igloo or TG, they are a solid program, and the parents really like Coach Tetro

Solid second tier team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
On the contrary
Lots of changes in the 2023 and 24'
23-- word is Jackolone is gone
24--Chris Ramos the MS JV coach is joining the 2024's as well as the old 91 (2023) coach. I don't believe Jackie Williams is coming back

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Def a bunch of coaching changes in the 2023 and 2024 groups

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Anyone know if there will be a coaches change for YJ next year?

YJ haven't announced any coaching changes so it seems like it'll be status quo

Bunch of changes for 23 and 24 grades

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
On the contrary
24--Chris Ramos the MS JV coach is joining the 2024's as well as the old 91 (2023) coach. I don't believe Jackie Williams is coming back

So who is replacing Jackolone? A MS coach like on 2024?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
On the contrary

Parent coaches should not be coaching their kids team period! If they love the sport and love coaching so much give them another team. Even when they try to be fair they are always criticized and at the end of the day most of them do it to self promote their own kid. PAL is one thing but not in competitive travel sports.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
On the contrary

Parent coaches should not be coaching their kids team period! If they love the sport and love coaching so much give them another team. Even when they try to be fair they are always criticized and at the end of the day most of them do it to self promote their own kid. PAL is one thing but not in competitive travel sports.

Agreed, and from what I heard about the 90+1 coach is that she ALWAYS started here daughter, ran plays via of her and she was a 2024 kid who may do well play against 24 kids but was not the type of kid who should play above her age group. I think that's the nicest way I can put it. Maybe they give her the B team at 24 YJ

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]On the contrary

Agreed, and from what I heard about the 90+1 coach is that she ALWAYS started here daughter, ran plays via of her and she was a 2024 kid who may do well play against 24 kids but was not the type of kid who should play above her age group. I think that's the nicest way I can put it. Maybe they give her the B team at 24 YJ

The coach and herr daughter are going to the A team. Williams is out

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Empire

Empire

Not empire. Jesters.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard some YJ girls guest played with Empire. Some parents not too happy

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Giaccolone is listed as a 2023 coach on the YJ website.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Talk is 90+1 coach always rotated girls and was very fair - girls loved her

Page 4 of 34 1 2 3 4 5 6 33 34

Link Copied to Clipboard