BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Team 91 MD
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,591
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 295 of 327 1 2 293 294 295 296 297 326 327
(NA) (NA) Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
does anyone know if the 2020 coaches are returning for next year? Thanks in advance

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You got that right!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]does anyone know if the 2020 coaches are returning for next year? Thanks in advance[/quote

What's the difference?

Like Reply Quote
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
a .20% award at $63k Syracuse is still $50,500 per year! Yikes! $200k for an undergrad degree

Welcome to 2017 and any private college!

Send your kid to Binghampton for $20,000 for a better education. lax is weaker but who cares neither is winning a naty championship

Where are you getting your info from? Syracuse is a way better education! It's a private school. All the best lax schools are private. Duke , Maryland, Penn State, UNC etc etc

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maryland, UNC Penn State are all public schools. Also, Binghampton is ranked higher than Syracuse.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maryland, UNC Penn State are all public schools. Also, Binghampton is ranked higher than Syracuse.

Also no "p" in in Binghamton.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
a .20% award at $63k Syracuse is still $50,500 per year! Yikes! $200k for an undergrad degree

Send your kid to Binghampton for $20,000 for a better education. lax is weaker but who cares neither is winning a naty championship

Where are you getting your info from? Syracuse is a way better education! It's a private school. All the best lax schools are private. Duke , Maryland, Penn State, UNC etc etc

WOW

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

WOW

What's the best combination of top academics and a program with true Natty Champ opportunity? Hasn't been last few years but maybe Northwestern? Princeton??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ranked higher ? Have not looked but that's doubtful .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

WOW

What's the best combination of top academics and a program with true Natty Champ opportunity? Hasn't been last few years but maybe Northwestern? Princeton??

No shot

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ranked higher ? Have not looked but that's doubtful .

Forbes has them higher. But what do they know. I'm sure the intellects on here know more.
But who cares about that Go Orange!!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What's the best combination of top academics and a program with true Natty Champ opportunity? Hasn't been last few years but maybe Northwestern? Princeton??[/quote]

No shot
[/quote]

Shot

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Syracuse is a public? Geesh do some homework people! Just check out collegeboard-

Binghamton costs $23k with an Average Required SAT score of 1325 with 75% of kids having a 3.8gpa in HS
Syracuse costs $63k with an Average Required SAT score of 1190
The difference between 1190 to 1325 is like from here to the moon.
Syracuse is always a top lacrosse school but the academics aren't even close
Not arguing against Syracuse but Binghamton is really tough these days

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Syracuse is a public? Geesh do some homework people! Just check out collegeboard-

Binghamton costs $23k with an Average Required SAT score of 1325 with 75% of kids having a 3.8gpa in HS
Syracuse costs $63k with an Average Required SAT score of 1190
The difference between 1190 to 1325 is like from here to the moon.
Syracuse is always a top lacrosse school but the academics aren't even close
Not arguing against Syracuse but Binghamton is really tough these days

There is no comparison between a Binghamton and Syracuse education. You will be shelling out a lot more more money for a sub-par education at Syracuse. You will also be playing for Dopy Desko who will never win a national championship going forward.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
why everyone hating on Cuse?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And yet the more respected usnews has cuse ranked higher than Binghamton .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is still about lacrosse. The question wan't what school is better. The question was , Is it better to get a books scholarship at cuse and not get much or any playing time or go to a good in state school and play on a weaker lax team? I think that most parents will lean toward cuse. It just sounds a lot better to their friends and family. F & F seems to be a recurring theme. Did you play 6 years of yellowjackets to go to a state school??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And unfortunately there you have todays lacrosse club parent "Did you play 6 years of YJ's to go to a state school?" I would say yeah on a couple of fronts- Better education at Binghamton, better playing odds, lower cost with or without athletic money, smaller roster plus my kid isn't the next Shannon.

I believe it should be about the education and if the lacrosse fits even better but many will send their kids almost anywhere at any cost just to play lacrosse.

for todays LI club parent I will concede the YJ bumper sticker and the Syracuse S bumper sticker are two of the best and most highly recognizable in the sport so if that is what you are paying for dad, go for it!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is still about lacrosse. The question wan't what school is better. The question was , Is it better to get a books scholarship at cuse and not get much or any playing time or go to a good in state school and play on a weaker lax team? I think that most parents will lean toward cuse. It just sounds a lot better to their friends and family. F & F seems to be a recurring theme. Did you play 6 years of yellowjackets to go to a state school??

LOL. Now a I know where they came from.
In Maryland we have no problems with playing 6 years of club lacrosse and sending our girls to state schools or God forbid public colleges. Isn't Annapolis and West Point considered public? And last time I checked UNC and Virginia were public. I think that orange V is also nice van swag. Although not as coveted here in Maryland as the red M.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And unfortunately there you have todays lacrosse club parent "Did you play 6 years of YJ's to go to a state school?" I would say yeah on a couple of fronts- Better education at Binghamton, better playing odds, lower cost with or without athletic money, smaller roster plus my kid isn't the next Shannon.

I believe it should be about the education and if the lacrosse fits even better but many will send their kids almost anywhere at any cost just to play lacrosse.

for todays LI club parent I will concede the YJ bumper sticker and the Syracuse S bumper sticker are two of the best and most highly recognizable in the sport so if that is what you are paying for dad, go for it!

If Gary Gait thinks she can play who are you to say she can't. Why would he take players that he thinks have no shot.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What about if you replace the S of Syracuse with the S of Stanford, or the P of Princeton or the N of Northwestern, or the D of Duke? Now to me that no money, possibly sit the bench makes a lot more sense. Not saying that is the right decision for everyone, but if your kid is a good student, and lax can help her get into one of those academic schools, that is a very good outcome in my book.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What about if you replace the S of Syracuse with the S of Stanford, or the P of Princeton or the N of Northwestern, or the D of Duke? Now to me that no money, possibly sit the bench makes a lot more sense. Not saying that is the right decision for everyone, but if your kid is a good student, and lax can help her get into one of those academic schools, that is a very good outcome in my book.

Agree completely! Would love my kid to get the degree of her choosing at one of those schools even if she never saw the field. Syracuse is closer to Oneonta than any of the top schools you mentioned

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If Gary Gait thinks she can play who are you to say she can't. Why would he take players that he thinks have no shot.

70% fail rate on most recruits, so every coach knows they're rolling the dice and hoping to get 3-4 impact players in each class

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Whats he carrying 50 this year? with 25 getting no cash?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

70% fail rate on most recruits, so every coach knows they're rolling the dice and hoping to get 3-4 impact players in each class

that's why so few kids get big dollars or the full rides (hehe) all you talk about

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Binghamton ranked 86 among national universities. Not bad, not great. They rank 135 with graduate school placement. Not nearly as good as cuse which ranked 75 with graduate school placement. In todays times--graduate school is where it's at. Give me the school that gets me into grad school every time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

that's why so few kids get big dollars or the full rides (hehe) all you talk about

Just curious what you "barely anyone gets any money /my kid got nothing so no way any other kid got much more " people consider big dollars in terms of percentage of cost of attendance.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I have no way of knowing if statistically your percentage is correct but don't you think the new recruiting change should see that number go the other way? Would absolutely agree coaches are rolling the dice in seventh, eighth and maybe ninth grade but now allowing these girls to physically develop and seeing them fully grown and on the field in 11th grade takes a lot of the guesswork out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How much does YJ cost for a year?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I have no way of knowing if statistically your percentage is correct but don't you think the new recruiting change should see that number go the other way? Would absolutely agree coaches are rolling the dice in seventh, eighth and maybe ninth grade but now allowing these girls to physically develop and seeing them fully grown and on the field in 11th grade takes a lot of the guesswork out.

The 70% fail also takes into account transfers but I agree with you that signing 11th graders gives a much more realistic look at what the player will be in college. Many 7th and 8th graders in our town are back in the pack by 11th and 12th that's why the "full ride talk" on here is usually a joke. Coaches at fully funded programs usually only have 2.5 - 3.0 to give per year allowing for a little hold back. 2.5 divided by 8 players per year is a .30 award on average. Since most of the better privates are $55,000 or more that's only a $16,000 award or $40,000 in full

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Whats he carrying 50 this year? with 25 getting no cash?

never mind the cash... 20-25 girls on that team don't travel to away games..you get to practice all week and then wave goodbye as the bus pulls out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How much does YJ cost for a year?

about $1500

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mine was little of 1600 for registration and 5 tourneys

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Plus fall tournaments, plus clinics, plus camp, plus winter, plus bbq, plus privates, plus swag

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All optional. Every other club does it. Liberty you pay all up front

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
if you ever want to make the elite F&F group its not optional

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
New to lax travel teams...

So post-tryouts : I noticed TG's 1st payment is due by sep 15. YJ tryouts aren't until late October. We are looking at several teams with some looking more reasonable with a payment due once one commits to a team.

Seriously now, assuming my kid makes TG, I guess the first test for SS is if she will wait for us to tryout out for YJ.

Are payments refundable? Sadly, I think I know the answers to all of the above. [ stir, stir ]

[posting this on TG too]

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
New to lax travel teams...

So post-tryouts : I noticed TG's 1st payment is due by sep 15. YJ tryouts aren't until late October. We are looking at several teams with some looking more reasonable with a payment due once one commits to a team.

Seriously now, assuming my kid makes TG, I guess the first test for SS is if she will wait for us to tryout out for YJ.

Are payments refundable? Sadly, I think I know the answers to all of the above. [ stir, stir ]

[posting this on TG too]

See TG!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Go look on the Liberty website in the tryouts section and you will see that there are four instalments in the payment plan which go through the spring

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Shannon Who??

Like Reply Quote
Page 295 of 327 1 2 293 294 295 296 297 326 327
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard