BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Re: Boys 2025
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
still best team in Philly. Team 10 keeps punching, maybe one day they will get that lucky KO punch in.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Where are all those HHH dad’s at this weekend and they didn’t even play the top teams......

Probably taking a few of them to driver's ed.....

Yeah one team was in the NLF semi final and one team went defeated. lets keep it real

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where are all those HHH dad’s at this weekend and they didn’t even play the top teams......

Probably taking a few of them to driver's ed.....

Yeah one team was in the NLF semi final and one team went defeated. lets keep it real

They should when the 25 team should all be in HS... nice job men!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does Team Ten field high school level teams? If not, where do those players generally go when they class out of team 10?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does Team Ten field high school level teams? If not, where do those players generally go when they class out of team 10?

Who is teamtean?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team Ten kids will go to HHH, Freedom, PA RR, Bro Love, Duke's or Mesa for high school aged teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team Ten kids will go to HHH, Freedom, PA RR, Bro Love, Duke's or Mesa for high school aged teams.

Why would they leave for a team that is worse than were they are? Unless you are a stunard from one of these lesser teams trying to pickoff better kids starting false rumors. Team ten did well and playing high level.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why would they leave for a team that is worse than were they are? Unless you are a stunard from one of these lesser teams trying to pickoff better kids starting false rumors. Team ten did well and playing high level.
If team 10 stops at 8th grade the kids have to leave. They will try and keep the 25s together this year as that’s a good team but they have no older squads so kids might have to leave. Only HHH at the 2025 level is better, but if Team 10 can’t support a high school aged team (very different running club teams when boys are in high school), most kids have to leave for a lesser squad.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TeamTEN is continuing thru HS. They've only been adding teams underneath, building from the ground up. They're also building their own indoor and outdoor facility.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If team 10 stops at 8th grade the kids have to leave. They will try and keep the 25s together this year as that’s a good team but they have no older squads so kids might have to leave. Only HHH at the 2025 level is better, but if Team 10 can’t support a high school aged team (very different running club teams when boys are in high school), most kids have to leave for a lesser squad.

Don’t fall for the troll this is just a cheap attempt by lesser clubs to try and pickoff talent for there clubs with little talent. Happens every year at tryout season to drive doubt in parents minds.demand the current and new clubs track record when doing evaluations

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TeamTEN is continuing thru HS. They've only been adding teams underneath, building from the ground up. They're also building their own indoor and outdoor facility.

Do they have someone that knows the ins/outs of recruiting and has loads of college contacts? Without that they should partner up with one of the teams that does..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Do they have someone that knows the ins/outs of recruiting and has loads of college contacts? Without that they should partner up with one of the teams that does..

.......Yes they do have a director of coaching who's well connected

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

.......Yes they do have a director of coaching who's well connected

That is what you need. Who is the person and where did they play on college ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow. You were sold a bill of goods if you think that is the way colleges will find you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Really?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HHH 2025 squad is a beast!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The HHH brand has regressed big time over past couple years. The ‘25 team is their only exception.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I've come to the realization that any team who is the top 20-30 nationally will have some holdbacks. HHH is certainly no different. My son's team has played the 2025 squad and it was pretty evident as soon as the game started that they had some older kids. Nice kids and families though. My son's team is all on age kids. Every top 20-30 team that my son has played has older kids. There are plenty of older kids on non top 20-30 teams as well though. I just don't get it. It's not that important to win at lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pennsylvania, MA, CT and NH are all boarding school states which is why these teams have all the big kids. They will scholarship a reclass in hopes it puts them up top

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I've come to the realization that any team who is the top 20-30 nationally will have some holdbacks. HHH is certainly no different. My son's team has played the 2025 squad and it was pretty evident as soon as the game started that they had some older kids. Nice kids and families though. My son's team is all on age kids. Every top 20-30 team that my son has played has older kids. There are plenty of older kids on non top 20-30 teams as well though. I just don't get it. It's not that important to win at lacrosse.

Yes...there are many of them. I can confirm that. The funny thing is they would be excellent players if they had stayed at 2024 age level. I've never understood the "re-class" route. Spare me the kids weren't mature enough at a certain age speech. I know many of the parents and they purposely held their kids back for sports reasons.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You sound jealous.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes...there are many of them. I can confirm that. The funny thing is they would be excellent players if they had stayed at 2024 age level. I've never understood the "re-class" route. Spare me the kids weren't mature enough at a certain age speech. I know many of the parents and they purposely held their kids back for sports reasons.

Please confirm then.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You sound jealous.
Agreed. When in doubt blame it on the "reclass kids".

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Reclassing because all the big schools are backed up on scholarships. ACC and BIG10 paying prep school bills to get kids to wait another year for them to have room. Lawrenceville and Loomis Chaffee got a few LI kids.

HHHH coach is a ward Melville guy. His kid was driving 2 years ago

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You sound more jealous.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My kid had a late birthday for his grade (February) so I did not enroll him into kindergarten. I had him repeat 6th grade when I sent him to a private school. Technically, I reclassed him and I know many parents do not like that but he is dominating the other kids in his 2025 class. People get jealous of my sons ability and they need to live their own lives and decide what is best for their child.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I assume this is a joke/troll by calling Feb a late birthday, but nice try!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why would it be a joke? He is explaining his situation on why his kid is older for his grade and his situation.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why would it be a joke? He is explaining his situation on why his kid is older for his grade and his situation.

Younger kids parents had better take notice! That scenario is exactly what “lacrosse families” do to get an advantageous situation for their kids. It works! Look at D1 rosters. Almost all holdbacks!! You kind of have to play “their” game now if your kid wants to play D1.

Last edited by Team BOTC; . Reason: Omitted words as it goes against our community standards
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I held my kid back. If you are truly committed to the sport, you need to do the things to get you to the next level. It's the same thing as hitting the wall, shooting daily, and lifting weights. Parents who don't hold their kid back have nothing to complain about, they all have that option and need to decide what they want for their kid. My kid will probably go D1 and we made the sacrifice.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My kid is not worried about a small lax scholarship. He is big for his age and will focus on football and not sharing a scholarship with 8 other guys.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My kid is not worried about a small lax scholarship. He is big for his age and will focus on football and not sharing a scholarship with 8 other guys.

Great then hopefully u can find a football forum to brag about your son’s “football scholarship”.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My kid is big for his grade. He is average for his age but holding him back has paid off.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone with older kid have a ranking of the best showcases to attend?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I held my kid back. If you are truly committed to the sport, you need to do the things to get you to the next level. It's the same thing as hitting the wall, shooting daily, and lifting weights. Parents who don't hold their kid back have nothing to complain about, they all have that option and need to decide what they want for their kid. My kid will probably go D1 and we made the sacrifice.
D1 at Binghamton or VMI…

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It doesn't matter where he ends up. My son will have great memories of crushing other 8th graders and dominating on the club level while parents like you whined on the sideline. I had parents who only held their son back one grade complain to me but they are behind the curve and don't understand how to play the game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1. Maverik Showtime (invite only, most coaches)
2. Juniors Open (almost as good if not better than Showtime - giving deference to Showtime because it is tried and true)
3. Mainstage - close behind. Just as many coaches but a lot of the top players dropped out this year because it is in July.
4. One percent - NLF heavy but they give you a write up and there were many coaches.
5. NXT showcases - a little watered down in talent but lots of coaches and well run.
6. If your son is high academic, I would suggest he do a Lacrosse Masters camp or the NXT high academic showcase.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It doesn't matter where he ends up. My son will have great memories of crushing other 8th graders and dominating on the club level while parents like you whined on the sideline. I had parents who only held their son back one grade complain to me but they are behind the curve and don't understand how to play the game.

LOL...we all know that one kid who dominated 8th grade - never to be heard from again!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How was Best in Class for the 2024's in terms of coaches?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1. Maverik Showtime (invite only, most coaches)
2. Juniors Open (almost as good if not better than Showtime - giving deference to Showtime because it is tried and true)
3. Mainstage - close behind. Just as many coaches but a lot of the top players dropped out this year because it is in July.
4. One percent - NLF heavy but they give you a write up and there were many coaches.
5. NXT showcases - a little watered down in talent but lots of coaches and well run.
6. If your son is high academic, I would suggest he do a Lacrosse Masters camp or the NXT high academic showcase.

Agree with most the above. Really depends on skill level too. For the most part #1-3 above are for higher end players and have a very selective application process (not open to the general public, you need to be invited to apply, and also requires a coach referral). Not everyone gets into these three events. I would add Best In Class between Mainstage and 1%. 1% are held several times/ year at different locations. Whatever showcase you decide to attend, make sure it's not during a blackout period for college recruiting. Sounds like common sense but it happens.

Like Reply Quote
Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard