BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,228
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Re: Boys 2025
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
This ain’t D1 Football. There are 12 scholarships available for a 50+ man roster at a D1 school. L Most college lacrosse players receive very little financial aide. There is no money in “pro” lacrosse either. So this whole idea of holding back is totally flawed and propagated by parents with delusions of grandeur (most likely to overcompensate for their own insecurities). I’m guessing most of these holdbacks show up to practice on corvettes too.

Many of these conversations revert back to the parents: holding their kid back, thinking their kid will go pro, living vicariously through their kid for numerous reasons. Funny that this forum is for “Boys 2025” but it ALWAYS turns into the parents bashing holdbacks. Rarely is there talk about actual lacrosse at 2025 on this forum. Holdbacks aren’t going away, especially with the points being made about the logjam in college. If you have been around Philly lax club ball then you know EVERY team has holdbacks. Every. Single. One. Other states do too (even you NY guys). Some teams just have better talent and this is true all the way down to 2031 when parents “held back” their kid because they weren’t ready for school at 5 years old. Holdbacks happen with a reclass, post graduate, JUCO and other scenarios. It’s not a big deal. If you’re son has talent he’ll get noticed whether he’s a hold back or on age.

Full disclosure: my son is a 2025 and would love for a chance to play D1 (he’s on the right track so save your the bashing). It’s fun to watch a kid have a dream and work hard to make it a reality. That’s a life lesson right? I’m sure someone will bash this post, and that’s okay, but it won’t change the current landscape.

Wanted to circle back here and post facts and results.Sorry if this hurts your feelings. HHH delivered for us and the entire 2025 team. More recruits to be announced soon. The all talk no action team not from te fell short after promising much.Them the facts.

Team10 isn’t comparable to HHH in anyway.Look at the different outcomes. Just watched them get tanked by 3d Garden State. Reason why HHH didn’t respond to the nonsense last season. One team is successful at NLF and the other losses to Garden State at the jacko lantern. Same story with commits

Panic at Team10 with winless 2025 fall.

I would be surprised if there is any panic at Team TEN. Agree that the 2025's are not concerned with Fall Ball. Recruiting is the key and HHH has out delivered all the other teams. They have to be commended. That staff has the connections and are delivering the goods. As far as I can tell Team TEN is in second, but solidly behind. Whoever wrote the proceeding post, should ask themselves why they worry so much about Team Ten. Team TEN is going out and playing legit tournaments, where they went 3-6. Not good, but not winless either. As far as I can tell, HHH seems to be playing low level tournaments. Honestly, I am not sure how much they're playing. I only see one tournament posted on US Club Lax.

As to the prior quote about success at NLF, really? The 2025's went 2-4. The wins were against team ranked 42 and 68. Not big deal, but that is a low bar for what is considered successful. HHH was part of keeping talented non-NLF teams out of the NLF. I think that is kind of pathetic.

Again, to try and avoid the hysteria - HHH is without question the most successful club in terms of what matters and getting their players recruited. That is 100% on the management and they did awesome for the 2025s. Team TEN is going to need to step it up on the recruiting side.

I think a big thing is that HHH 25s have had the same coach since middle school. Not all HHH teams can say the same thing. Team Ten 25s same coach. Consistency helps, connections helps, skill helps, right now HHH got 15 of their kids committed to Team Tens 12. Not a huge gap there. With so many teams in the East Part of PA there is alot of team hopping. So I wouldn't say any team is better at development. At this point a team is not doing it...2031s are already going to trainers and 1 on 1 coaching. So development is no longer regulated to a club coach. The biggest thing is to have a coach who will advocate for you and have a kid who is motivated enough to send emails to college coaches consistently and do school work and practice a little every day.

Thanks. I did not realize it was that close. I follow both teams and thought HHH was solidly ahead. Both teams have gotten their kids into some top flight programs.

Good try joker.HHH sending 20 kids to platinum programs, the other sending kids to dog tracks.Good try tho. If your kid has talent spend the money on a program with proven results. Year after year Mesa, Dukes, HHH, Freedom, Fusion deliver. Buyer beware on rest and avoid the daddys.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Of the current commits, HHH 2025 head coach had very little to do with their recruiting process / commitments.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fall ball is a joke. Lot of kids do not even play all the tournaments and there is no bracket so who cares. Teams play kids evenly, etc. It is not like summer. Plus multi sport kids do not make the tournaments. It is funny that people do not realize that. If a couple key kids are missing it is a totally different team.

As far as commits Ten and HHH both did great and there will be more D1 commits coming from both programs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Totally agree. Way too many players not available in the fall to try to gauge anything. Team 10 had to swing 2026's up with the 25's last weekend at NAL. And this upcoming weekend there are two huge High School Tournaments - NHSLS in Columbia MD & NXT High School Challenge in Aston. Haverford, LaSalle, Malvern, EA, Marple, Radnor, SJP, Springfield, Hill School, etc etc all playing. HHH results at the NLF on Sunday will be totally irrelevant, just like Team 10 last weekend at NAL.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Totally agree. Way too many players not available in the fall to try to gauge anything. Team 10 had to swing 2026's up with the 25's last weekend at NAL. And this upcoming weekend there are two huge High School Tournaments - NHSLS in Columbia MD & NXT High School Challenge in Aston. Haverford, LaSalle, Malvern, EA, Marple, Radnor, SJP, Springfield, Hill School, etc etc all playing. HHH results at the NLF on Sunday will be totally irrelevant, just like Team 10 last weekend at NAL.

NXT is on Saturday, NLF is on Sunday. Should be a great weekend of competition with very few conflicts.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

NXT is on Saturday, NLF is on Sunday. Should be a great weekend of competition with very few conflicts.

Very few conflicts??? NHSLS in Maryland on Sunday had multiple PA teams. LaSalle played in another event in Maryland / DC area.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Obviously people posting about no conflicts do not understand multi sport athletes. If you play another high school sport you are usually not allowed to play club lacrosse in season nor do the kids want to. I can tell nobody understands multi-sport athletes on this board.

Very few conflicts??? NHSLS in Maryland on Sunday had multiple PA teams. LaSalle played in another event in Maryland / DC area.

Like Reply Quote
Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard