BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 12 of 85 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 84 85
Re: Boys 2023 - 7th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Looked like yesterdays Outlaws tryout had enough talent to field both of their 2023's. Especially looks good for their second team which will make some noise this season.

Looked like more than half the grey helmets weren't there. I guess why come back when you get the invite.

They send their invites out quickly, wonder why?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
is there consistent quality of teams at WSYL?

It is billed as the national championship, but it hardly qualifies as truly being such due to WSYL being age-based, while the rest of the lacrosse world is (unfortunately) grade-based. Many better teams, particularly from the mid-Atlantic, do not wish to field teams specifically for this tournament, so they don't participate in the qualifiers.

These mid-atlantic programs (and we all know who they are) can easily field a team to qualify for, and attend, the WSYL. They simply choose not to - for two reasons in my opinion: 1) they are concerned about being exposed without the edge in age that they are used to; 2) they are all in with regard to grade based, and do not want to do anything to move the lacrosse world closer to age based.

Agreed - don't think that is in conflict to my above-quoted post . . .

Wasn't meant to be in conflict.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looked like yesterdays Outlaws tryout had enough talent to field both of their 2023's. Especially looks good for their second team which will make some noise this season.

Looked like more than half the grey helmets weren't there. I guess why come back when you get the invite.

How do you send out invites if you have two more qualifying sessions?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They didn't. Don't believe what you read on here.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They said they send them out after first tryout. You can keep coming back to try and be put on higher team or lower team.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They said they send them out after first tryout. You can keep coming back to try and be put on higher team or lower team.

My son received his shortly after the first tryout, which coach played for UNC?, if that matter a whole lot.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Gold team. My son played for him last year and had a great experience . Coach works hard and is committed to all boys to make them better.Team did well and won alot of games We will be playing again

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Because it's all horse sh#$. Typical.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My son received his shortly after the first tryout, which coach played for UNC?, if that matter a whole lot.

Hope the coach will work with my son, it's his first year playing. Have a lot of the kids been with the team a while?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hope the coach will work with my son, it's his first year playing. Have a lot of the kids been with the team a while?

Good choice. That club is perfect for beginners. Both teams are equal.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks, good to hear that both teams are relativity equal. Just hope, since the coach played lacrosse at UNC he will help my son better grasp the game. Thanks again!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Another poor turnout at Leg a C. I must not be at the super secret real tryout

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
They need to replace their #1 middie / face off kid, that went to another club. Unless they picked up a similar player, they will feel the loss. Head coach is the same, and does a great job with the players he has to work with.

What team are you talking about?

Express B 2023

Did they find a replacement?

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

HAHAHA.... I don't think they are going very far.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Gold team. My son played for him last year and had a great experience . Coach works hard and is committed to all boys to make them better.Team did well and won alot of games We will be playing again

Is this outlaws gold your talking about and are they in need of attack players?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I just think people are not that intrested. Who are the coaches?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, remember Tri Star, hid in the A bracket from STS, PT and Lax Black - got run over by Express A and Express North, good one.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
who will win denver this year

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I just think people are not that intrested. Who are the coaches?

First year @ tryout. Think it is the same guys from last year

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The winner will be Denver its a win-win for them

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Express. They will win by some ridiculous amount and still not put in any of their 2nd, 3rd or 3th string players. So most if the kids won't even touch the field. Parents will brag their kid was on the team even if they never touch the field.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any word in the S2S 2nd team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Express. They will win by some ridiculous amount and still not put in any of their 2nd, 3rd or 3th string players. So most if the kids won't even touch the field. Parents will brag their kid was on the team even if they never touch the field.

That's generally not the way the 2023 Express team rolls. There is depth and parity and all kids play.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son accepted a spot on the 2nd team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's generally not the way the 2023 Express team rolls. There is depth and parity and all kids play.

Sure it is. That is such bs

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son accepted a spot on the 2nd team.

The S2S team? Any word on how the talent for the team is?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1st time I've heard this about complaint about Express Haugen. Sounds like an angry parent. Agree with statement about depth and parity and playing time. Playing time is more equitable on this team than most. BTW there isn't a third line that I am aware of

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2nd Team at S2S, no way not enough quality players.can pretty much only field one mid-level team at best. unless your from manhasset or rvc your out of luck.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2nd Team at S2S, no way not enough quality players.can pretty much only field one mid-level team at best. unless your from manhasset or rvc your out of luck.

I don't think they had a 2nd team so that guy is just talking nonsense. I see this comment all the time but how different is it from teams like express A and Bandits that attract 150 kids at tryout when you know they already spoke to the people they want on the team and everyone else is just there for the 2nd and 3rd team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Express. Hands down. They are stacked and have Powers training.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don't think they had a 2nd team so that guy is just talking nonsense. I see this comment all the time but how different is it from teams like express A and Bandits that attract 150 kids at tryout when you know they already spoke to the people they want on the team and everyone else is just there for the 2nd and 3rd team.

S2S didn't have anywhere near those numbers at tryouts. So 2nd team unlikely.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Were you at the tryouts? If not you have zero to add. Would you say other 2nd teams have no talent? S2S did good things with their first team so I would think there is a draw there. I was asking for people that were at tryouts. Not sure what being from Manhasset or RVC has to do with it. I know the guy that started it is from Manhasset but what does that have to do with RVC?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How competitive is FL$ at this age group, would they be an A or B team, and why do you never see them at local tournaments, any info would be appreciated.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
just spoke with my son who plays for express. and said it's true for big games - they play first line defense, attack and two lines midfield. and he said thats what all teams do. when you want to win the game, thats what you're meant to do. all kids know that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
just spoke with my son who plays for express. and said it's true for big games - they play first line defense, attack and two lines midfield. and he said thats what all teams do. when you want to win the game, thats what you're meant to do. all kids know that.

You had to ask your son for this info?? You've never watched him and his Express team play??!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo looking for talent or more $$?? Supplemental tryouts for their B team? Please enlighten

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lies

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Express. Hands down. They are stacked and have Powers training.

Your forgetting 91 has a very good team at this level. If they have enough players on their Bandits team that qualify age wise, they will be a tough team to beat. Not a fan of the organization, but the team is good.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agree that the Bandits are the top grade based team @ 2023, but a couple of their top players will not be able to play in Denver unless JS gets the rules changed....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo looking for talent or more $$?? Supplemental tryouts for their B team? Please enlighten

Is there A team all set.

Page 12 of 85 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 84 85

Link Copied to Clipboard