BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 11 of 85 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 84 85
Re: Boys 2023 - 7th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Is Express having 3 teams this year?

Any truth express aa is losing a few of its kids from attack?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did these coaches play college ball? Are they HS coaches? Trying to get a feel as to whether or not it is worth the price. Seems like they are good at the other age groups but this group does not seem to be as strong.

What team are you talking about.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah heard they are leaving with BM...LOLLOLLOL

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am sure those kids will find a team someplace.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

RECON best choice.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

RECON best choice.

Recon tryouts are over. Unless you are saying they make exceptions.....huh coach?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Having a pedigree of having played and come from a "big name" program doesn't make one a good coach. Look around! Many programs have this and coaching is sub-par. Yes the coach is a varsity assistant and yes he played in college. Most importantly, Yes; the kids learn and enjoy playing for him........

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Which Express team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True Blue was 1600 last year with a college coach on a AA team. I could not imagine paying north of 3k each kid for summer lacrosse. They substantially improve every year also.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True Blue was 1600 last year with a college coach on a AA team. I could not imagine paying north of 3k each kid for summer lacrosse. They substantially improve every year also.

Good for you deuche bag!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You're correct. Express is $3,800 for tuition alone this year + Box and I am sure there will be extras and that does not include travel expenses. I guess if you want to beat the bandits you need to have to bandit tax also.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Expresses 2nd team is very good, borderline A team last year. Won every B bracket entered last year (4), by a lot. Several upgrades this year, 3 new assistant coaches, no daddy coaches. Looking to qualify for Denver.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

RECON best choice.

Recon tryouts are over. Unless you are saying they make exceptions.....huh coach?

Most teams have supplemental tryouts!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You're correct. Express is $3,800 for tuition alone this year + Box and I am sure there will be extras and that does not include travel expenses. I guess if you want to beat the bandits you need to have to bandit tax also.

Base price is under 3k. But there are optional extras, which I think is probably common.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Expresses 2nd team is very good, borderline A team last year. Won every B bracket entered last year (4), by a lot. Several upgrades this year, 3 new assistant coaches, no daddy coaches. Looking to qualify for Denver.

Can someone please explain to me the fascination with Denver? I get that it's a great experience for the kids but really people what is rush to go there and see your friends that play on other li teams in the semies or finals?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

RECON best choice.

Most teams have supplemental tryouts!

I am guessing those kids aren't waiting for a supplemental tryout. Recon invites are supposed to go out Wed. So unless they didn't get enough talent at the tryout or they get turned down invites they won't be holding a supplemental tryput.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Can someone please explain to me the fascination with Denver? I get that it's a great experience for the kids but really people what is rush to go there and see your friends that play on other li teams in the semies or finals?

They can say their kid was on the team. Even if they don't play.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are they looking for players and if so, what positions?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Base price is under 3k. But there are optional extras, which I think is probably common.

Express base is $3,800 + Box + Denver =$5,400 before travel and all the other stuff.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Express base is $3,800 + Box + Denver =$5,400 before travel and all the other stuff.

Not the email I got. It's under 3k base. However, there extra charges for optional things. And yes, Denver isn't cheap.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You must be special than....$3800 base

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WSYL is a once in a lifetime experience, for 13 yr olds. There are rules that have to be adhered too, so the playing field is equal. But most of all, it's the comradery, and memoirs that will last forever.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
is there consistent quality of teams at WSYL?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i heard they barley had enough to field 1 decent team at 2023...daddy ball at its finest.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They need to replace their #1 middie / face off kid, that went to another club. Unless they picked up a similar player, they will feel the loss. Head coach is the same, and does a great job with the players he has to work with.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i heard they barley had enough to field 1 decent team at 2023...daddy ball at its finest.

What team are you talking about? Is this True Blue, Leg-a-cy,??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They need to replace their #1 middie / face off kid, that went to another club. Unless they picked up a similar player, they will feel the loss. Head coach is the same, and does a great job with the players he has to work with.

What team are you talking about?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
$3800 plus winter training!! Everything is extra, $5k minimum

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It is billed as the national championship, but it hardly qualifies as truly being such due to WSYL being age-based, while the rest of the lacrosse world is (unfortunately) grade-based. Many better teams, particularly from the mid-Atlantic, do not wish to field teams specifically for this tournament, so they don't participate in the qualifiers.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Our team went to Denver and we went 2-3 and every parent and kid said they loved it. Without a doubt best lacrosse experience to date. The organizers of this event really immersed the kids in a great week that was jam packed with activities, fanfare, and fun. Not all games are competitive but that could be said about any tournament especially in pool play. It is extremely expensive, but honestly most of us are blessed with lifestyles that can afford the cost.

We also went to the Brine Tournament in July in Virginia and by contrast there was a lot of standing around, "huge" gaps in time between games that were underutilized, and just wasn't the same atmosphere and camaraderie.

When it comes to Denver it really came across more as a celebration of lacrosse, family, and country. I know it sounds cheesy but for those that have attended...they will understand where I am coming from. When it comes to being outside and beautiful, Colorado is fantastic. If you are more of a couch potato and into more sedentary pursuits the lure of the state won't be as compelling.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Like you stated won B and ran when put in an A bracket at Tri Star .... Good one

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
$3800 plus winter training!! Everything is extra, $5k minimum

I say 10K all in w Denver ..$3800 plus $800 plus Box my guess $550 thats $5100 plus another $5K in flights ,travel and accommodations.

I call BUL*SH**

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It is billed as the national championship, but it hardly qualifies as truly being such due to WSYL being age-based, while the rest of the lacrosse world is (unfortunately) grade-based. Many better teams, particularly from the mid-Atlantic, do not wish to field teams specifically for this tournament, so they don't participate in the qualifiers.

I know , I know you need to see your 14 yr old dominate a bunch of 12 yr olds. So it being age based steals all the fun from you

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I know , I know you need to see your 14 yr old dominate a bunch of 12 yr olds. So it being age based steals all the fun from you

You obviously can't read - my inclusion of the word "unfortunately" should have clued you in on where I stand, and flies in the face of your conclusion . . . try harder next time!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What team are you talking about?

Express B 2023

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

These mid-atlantic programs (and we all know who they are) can easily field a team to qualify for, and attend, the WSYL. They simply choose not to - for two reasons in my opinion: 1) they are concerned about being exposed without the edge in age that they are used to; 2) they are all in with regard to grade based, and do not want to do anything to move the lacrosse world closer to age based.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

These mid-atlantic programs (and we all know who they are) can easily field a team to qualify for, and attend, the WSYL. They simply choose not to - for two reasons in my opinion: 1) they are concerned about being exposed without the edge in age that they are used to; 2) they are all in with regard to grade based, and do not want to do anything to move the lacrosse world closer to age based.

Agreed - don't think that is in conflict to my above-quoted post . . .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You obviously can't read - my inclusion of the word "unfortunately" should have clued you in on where I stand, and flies in the face of your conclusion . . . try harder next time!

In my opinion it is the only gauge of a true champion ... just because most tournaments are grade based that does not make them a better gauge of who is the best, in fact quite the opposite. Not really that hard to win in a grade based tournament, just depends on how low you're willing to stoop with the holdbacks. I've seen many an outstanding lacrosse team with amazing players and plays get pushed around by kids obviously older and of course "win". Anyone could coach a team of older players and "win" a tournament. The WSYL and any other age based tournaments are the ONLY tournaments that qualify as any sort of championship etc.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looked like yesterdays Outlaws tryout had enough talent to field both of their 2023's. Especially looks good for their second team which will make some noise this season.

Looked like more than half the grey helmets weren't there. I guess why come back when you get the invite.

Page 11 of 85 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 84 85

Link Copied to Clipboard