BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Long Island Jesters
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,660
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 38 of 99 1 2 36 37 38 39 40 98 99
Re: Westchester Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your comments are misguided at best.

2024 PT and Express North split during the summer and are good not great teams. Eclipse had to rally from 5 down to beat Express North by 1 in Mass Legacy Tourney. I suspect all will evolve into highly competitive teams next year.

None are terrible none among the elite yet.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The list of elite 24,s is getting smaller, In the tristate area , including Long Island , only 2 elite teams, none in Boston and a bunch in Maryland. Eclipse , prime time and express north have some work to do, but getting better!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What happened to the CT Express from last summer ? They were in Danbury at Wooster. Anyone know anything?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Looks like Chargers are done. I hope coaches can run Westport location like Chargers was run.

I seriously hope you are kidding? The reason Chargers is now folding is BECAUSE of the way it was run. Second rate tournaments at best, players choosing to attend summer tournaments "a la carte" so that Mommy & Daddy can fit in their Nantucket vacation without being interrupted by lacrosse, three teams at certain grade levels (obvious money grab). That program was a joke.

I am hearing players are not happy about next year's situation and are jumping at the chance to play for other clubs if offered a spot.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Very good team and talent level. Coach is from JJ
Team will be better next year with some new muddies and a stud Pole or 2

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has anyone been to CT Express tryouts this week? Any feedback?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How were 2024 express north tryouts today?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Katonah workouts had about 50 per grade today. Solid but nothing spectacular. Mostly returning Express North.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey I'm new to this and I was wondering how many people show up to the predators tryouts? I don't think my son has a good chance. He has been playing for 1 year and I can only take him to one of the two tryouts. Don't get me wrong he plays a lot. He is pretty pod with both hands and good with all the basics. Just wondering what you guys think.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son is 2022 just so you know.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey I'm new to this and I was wondering how many people show up to the predators tryouts? I don't think my son has a good chance. He has been playing for 1 year and I can only take him to one of the two tryouts. Don't get me wrong he plays a lot. He is pretty pod with both hands and good with all the basics. Just wondering what you guys think.

If you are only asking to wonder if he'd make the team, it seems the answer would be "no." Preds have solid squads, lots of kids will be there, and you will miss a key day. But if you view it as an opportunity to meet the coaches, measure your boy against other kids, and just play some lax (for some $), then why not?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you are only asking to wonder if he'd make the team, it seems the answer would be "no." Preds have solid squads, lots of kids will be there, and you will miss a key day. But if you view it as an opportunity to meet the coaches, measure your boy against other kids, and just play some lax (for some $), then why not?

Agreed. If the tryouts are not overloaded with kids and you just want to see where things stand, these tryouts are often (not always) run like great clinics.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think the predators will be moving up a notch this upcoming fall/summer. From what I hear, there is a nice group of kids still available and looking for a home.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son does not play on the team but if your son is a 2022 and does not make the Preds you should consider the Westchester WArriors. The 2022 team is coached by Nick Savestano so you aren't getting one of the best HS coaches in Westchester every day. The 2022 is by far their best and while they are not yet at A level I know a bunch of kids are moving over the that squad for the 2018 season so they are going to surprise a lot of people.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
100% correct...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can anyone provide a little feedback about the Yorktown Ballers summer travel program? Tryouts?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No tryout. Invite only

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No tryout. Invite only

How do they find kids if its invite only? Do they speak with coaches from around Westchester for recommendations?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No tryout. Invite only

Why would you care? Team gets spanked regularly

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I might be wrong and am not from that town, but I believe the Ballers are largely a Yorktown based program. My sense was most if not all players live in Yorktown.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mostly Yorktown kids and they may not win every game at youth level in pretty sure the HS team does its share of spanking.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I saw a more than a couple Chargers helmets at Primetime's tryout yesterday.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I saw a more than a couple Chargers helmets at Primetime's tryout yesterday.

I don't think that is a surprise. . . . The uncertainty of the Chargers folding has left most players/teams divided among other viable options (Eclipse, Express CT, 2-Way, PrimeTime). Players need a place to play, so the card shuffling begins. . . .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express North turnout at Harvey was very high yesterday for 23s and 24s. Seemed like a number of kids from both Westchester and Conn. Had to be close to 80+ for each. difficult to get a good look at all kids but manged well overall.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express North turnout at Harvey was very high yesterday for 23s and 24s. Seemed like a number of kids from both Westchester and Conn. Had to be close to 80+ for each. difficult to get a good look at all kids but manged well overall.

Honestly, you may be the only person there that thinks it was well managed. It was the worst run tryout ever. Clearly Schreiber has his team picked already. Because you can't get a good feel for talent playing a bull [lacrosse] scrimmage. Any kid that plays on the B team is making a big mistake

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I thought express north was a B team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That makes some sense - but really after the 3 previous tryouts - already having gone through skills, six on six etc. - coaches have a decent sense of who can play and really do need to see how kids run full field. Maybe some more time in smaller groups would have helped but full field scrimmage tells you a lot as well.

Only way to tell if team was already picked will be to see if new players join and others who played last year don't make it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express North's A teams are B teams, their B teams are actually C/D teams! Don't be fooled!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express North's A teams are B teams, their B teams are actually C/D teams! Don't be fooled!

And PT is the greatest! Yeah. Drop the mic......

Sad.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

In the universe of lacrosse. These teams are B teams. Some are A. But in Weschester they are A. It's all relative.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That makes some sense - but really after the 3 previous tryouts - already having gone through skills, six on six etc. - coaches have a decent sense of who can play and really do need to see how kids run full field. Maybe some more time in smaller groups would have helped but full field scrimmage tells you a lot as well.

Only way to tell if team was already picked will be to see if new players join and others who played last year don't make it.

I'm not a fan of the full field considering how many kids there was. But for a small handful of studs, hard to get seen. For the 21s it was readily apparent that one field was the kids they were considering and one was not.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone have a straight answer on how many teams will be in Katonah and Westport at 2023? Saw some good players on one field yesterday but no way is that enough for 2 AA squads.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone have a straight answer on how many teams will be in Katonah and Westport at 2023? Saw some good players on one field yesterday but no way is that enough for 2 AA squads.

And THAT is the million dollar question they must be wrestling with at this very moment. Too many different tryout dates offered, too many different locations, too much uncertainty about how many teams and at what level, no clarity on how players will be assigned to the different teams (by the tryout they registered for? by where they live? by where they are needed based upon balancing teams by position?) and of course the wildcard that many players have already been offered spots on other clubs (Eclipse, 2-Way) or are signed up to try out for other clubs (PT, Predators).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't think they know or will for a while. Too many CT kids left w/o a home initially went Eclipse/2-Way/PT only to probably come back afterward so no way to know. My kid was put on Westport as that's where we registered but sounded like he could be moved if needed. We missed the first of 4 tryouts and never saw a coach for our grade other than the Katonah coach so who knows whats going on?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Having kids go to multiple tryout locations multiple timesis a way to try and bring 4-6 studs to beef up Katonah and validate having multiple a/b teams for $

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
On that note, I would strongly recommend any parents out there to vet these programs solidly to learn if they are really trying out for the desired spots on the squad.

I saw this last year with a "B" league outfit, where a coach heavily encouraged us to tryout and out of respect, we did. It was clear in the evening after the 1st practice when they sent out the 2nd day tryout call-back list that they had no interest in new middies or attack.

Is my post motivated by sour grapes .... not in the least. However, the tryout was the same weekend as for an "A" division club 2 day tryout, which was my son's first choice and for which my son made the squad.
Happy ending, sure..... But here is the thing; what if my son got injured at this useless "B" team tryout? He probably would not have made his first choice team..

Vetting these teams' tryouts out is really important.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What I notice is some kids trying out for clubs where they are wasting their time and parents' money. Ok, you want to give your kid a shot but if you are in middle school then you better be able to throw and catch with both hands equally well or close to it and be in decent shape. If you have good stick skills, strong, and fast then the coaches will notice you at the tryouts. Parents need to do a better job of keeping expectations tempered and making sure their kids are putting time in at wall ball and becoming stronger/better.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't think they know or will for a while. Too many CT kids left w/o a home initially went Eclipse/2-Way/PT only to probably come back afterward so no way to know. My kid was put on Westport as that's where we registered but sounded like he could be moved if needed. We missed the first of 4 tryouts and never saw a coach for our grade other than the Katonah coach so who knows whats going on?

When did you find out about team placement? I thought announcements have not been made yet.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
At registration we are asked if we would be flexible where we played.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The never ending card game that is known as 'Express'.

I am completely amazed that information has not flowed from Long Island to Westchester.

Like Reply Quote
Page 38 of 99 1 2 36 37 38 39 40 98 99
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard