BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,621
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 45 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 44 45
Re: Boys 2022 - 8th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Schwalje 2022 is the team that is practicing with the Channy AA team. Schwalje got the boys that were on the AA team last year that didnt play too much..Some new kids also on the team from what my son told me.

Schwalje 2022 is the team that is practicing with the Channy AA team. Schwalje got the boys that were on the AA team last year that didnt play too much..Some new kids also on the team from what my son told me.

Oh and your son knows. Channy told us directly that Chuck's team will be practicing with his team and that there are AA kids on Chuck's team as well. Love how you don't have accurate information or better yet, listening to the gossip of your 13 year old on snap chat.

I would confirm, but somebody else will just say the opposite. We'll see it play out on the fields. Can't wait for the Chuck v Schwalje scrimmage.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Oh and your son knows. Channy told us directly that Chuck's team will be practicing with his team and that there are AA kids on Chuck's team as well. Love how you don't have accurate information or better yet, listening to the gossip of your 13 year old on snap chat.

I would confirm, but somebody else will just say the opposite. We'll see it play out on the fields. Can't wait for the Chuck v Schwalje scrimmage.

Hello
Can you enlighten me about A and AA teams

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by laxlol

Hello

What I call A others call AA makes them feel better
What I call B others call A. Makes them feel better
What I call C others calll B. Makes them feel better

AA is the best. Followed by A good but not great. Then B. Good but needs improvement though compete with A.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hello

AA is the best. Followed by A good but not great. Then B. Good but needs improvement though compete with A.

Or

I think there is some apprehension and some declines are likely causing roster shifts. But in the end these teams should be good for what they are. They are all 2nd teams and in 10 months your son is hopefully better and ready for HS ball.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Looks light on workload, you are going to have to pay extra to keep your boy working . My bet is 3k for the older boys (plus travel).

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hello

None of the designations - AA, A, & B - are about making anyone feel better. Keep telling yourself that, though, so it makes YOU feel better. It's actually all about a logical approach to moving towards a better governed youth sport. Like youth hockey has done.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bottom line with all this craziness is I find it's better to just stay put. If you have your son about to be on his 3rd new team in less than 4 years - then you should probably start to stay put, especially if you did the multi team tryout. I say that because at tryouts I have never seen an A team player slip through. It's NOT a case of my son can play with them, it's showing enough that the addition will improve the team.. Sorry, it's true. And better the team, the harder it is make it. End result is that the team your son landed on, is very likely the right spot. But some will call, text and email incessantly to prove history wrong. I did his with my older son and it was a mistake. Don't get mixed up in A, B, C or anything else. Just let them get better and get on a team where his is one of the better players. Not the bottom player on the best team. He won't improve, trust me. And don't say the training is so good its worth it.

“It is a tenet of good coaching that you get kids into games,” writes Jim Thompson, founder and CEO of the Positive Coaching Alliance, a US Lacrosse national partner. “Most of the benefits of playing a sport are tied to competing in games.”
(https://www.uslacrosse.org/blog/good-coaches-get-players-into-games)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hello

None of the designations - AA, A, & B - are about making anyone feel better. Keep telling yourself that, though, so it makes YOU feel better. It's actually all about a logical approach to moving towards a better governed youth sport. Like youth hockey has done.
better

Better governed? you are crazy!!!! These clubs care only about the $$$$$$ A, B, C or AA, A, B doesn't matter. Top Team, Next team and team after that. The labels are for the parents so than can brag! Yeah next comment will be my kids play on [lacrosse] teams and could not make the AA Team. Whatever you want to believe.....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All the kids are good, the parents are crazy. People will come on here and defend their team, then when tryout time comes they will go to the clubs tryouts they have been bashing all season. Last year they all ran to Legacy, this year its Express, good luck meatballs!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[/quote]

[/quote]

None of the designations - AA, A, & B - are about making anyone feel better. Keep telling yourself that, though, so it makes YOU feel better. It's actually all about a logical approach to moving towards a better governed youth sport. Like youth hockey has done. [/quote]better

Better governed? you are crazy!!!! These clubs care only about the $$$$$$ A, B, C or AA, A, B doesn't matter. Top Team, Next team and team after that. The labels are for the parents so than can brag! Yeah next comment will be my kids play on [lacrosse] teams and could not make the AA Team. Whatever you want to believe.....

[/quote]

Youth hockey is a great corollary - governance doesn't come from the clubs, nor should it. That's where you don't get it. It's not about the tail wagging the dog!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[/quote]

None of the designations - AA, A, & B - are about making anyone feel better. Keep telling yourself that, though, so it makes YOU feel better. It's actually all about a logical approach to moving towards a better governed youth sport. Like youth hockey has done. [/quote]better

[/quote]

Youth hockey is a great corollary - governance doesn't come from the clubs, nor should it. That's where you don't get it. It's not about the tail wagging the dog! [/quote

That's the problem with lacrosse no organization is running the show. US lacrosse is on the sidelines. The clubs control everything even the tournaments makes and the recruiting events. Way too much money passing hands. They will never get on line with regulations

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/quote]

Youth hockey is a great corollary - governance doesn't come from the clubs, nor should it. That's where you don't get it. It's not about the tail wagging the dog! [/quote

That's the problem with lacrosse no organization is running the show. US lacrosse is on the sidelines. The clubs control everything even the tournaments makes and the recruiting events. Way too much money passing hands. They will never get on line with regulations
[/quote]

That's the prevailing fallacy: that somehow if lax was better organized and governed, that the big clubs would suddenly make less money. There is not some limited money balloon that all of the teams must get a piece of pie from - if the sport grows, which can only happen with maturity, the pie gets bigger and the money increases. It is akin to an economy and wealth creation, albeit there are too many people that don't understand that aspect of wealth creation either! The bottom line is that big clubs will continue to make as much, if not more, than they do now, while smaller clubs will also make money.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
fl$ tonight and Wednesday night, up and coming team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
fl$ loses to town teams. Program blows. 4K for mediocre training and since they are not in the NLF like Igloo they make up their own tourneys with 3D. Run as far away as you can from this group

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
fl$ loses to town teams. Program blows. 4K for mediocre training and since they are not in the NLF like Igloo they make up their own tourneys with 3D. Run as far away as you can from this group

To each their own.... Some really good talent their tonight. They will be just fine.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They don't lose to town teams. Get your facts straight. Good team 2022, adding a few more pieces. Let's see where it goes this season. Lastly, 3D is a major recruiting tourney in the HS ages.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They don't lose to town teams. Get your facts straight. Good team 2022, adding a few more pieces. Let's see where it goes this season. Lastly, 3D is a major recruiting tourney in the HS ages.

Not part of the club. But my older boy got a lot interest playing at the fall, spring and summer 3D events.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not part of the club. But my older boy got a lot interest playing at the fall, spring and summer 3D events.

It's run by Sachem coaches! That says it all ! If you want to pay 4k for a B team go for it !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sure - anyone NOT affiliated with NLF should just quit the sport and do something else! The pompousness displayed by what seems like way too many on these boards is sickening.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let me get this stright so I understand. Everybody fights every year to get on the A team that supposed to be the killer team. And every parent thinks their kid is going to play D1. Do you realize the colleges don't give a crap who your kid plays for or how many championships they won at 13! They only care about the finished product. By 9th grade weither your kid is on A or B if he is not in the top 5 on the team it's not gonna happen!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let me get this stright so I understand. Everybody fights every year to get on the A team that supposed to be the killer team. And every parent thinks their kid is going to play D1. Do you realize the colleges don't give a crap who your kid plays for or how many championships they won at 13! They only care about the finished product. By 9th grade weither your kid is on A or B if he is not in the top 5 on the team it's not gonna happen!

What I have learned is that people are more attacted to have their kids vplaying with better kids. The AA, A, B stuff is factor as well. But a lot of money and time Is being spent and the return should be good coaching and every kid at this level should be able to catch and throw and have an IQ for the game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not concerned about top 10 D1 schools. The bottom half of D1, or any of the NESCAC schools are awesome. When your grades are A you have a whole lot of choices!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did anyone get a call or email from True Blue, yet. They said 2 weeks but was just asking...Thanks

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A little birdie told me big turnover at Outlaws Select. Lost a bunch of players 9D1 and Express. I guess the rumors are true no one wants PB as a coach it was just a matter of time !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A little birdie told me big turnover at Outlaws Select. Lost a bunch of players 9D1 and Express. I guess the rumors are true no one wants PB as a coach it was just a matter of time !

False! Your little birdie 🤥

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Outlaws
Lost One quality player added 5 or 6
Did your Birdie tell you that

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

TRUE!!!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Scand just won't let it go with the outlaws. Please go back to your city team. They lost 1 starter who was hurt most of last year. And 1 starter nobody wanted back. They've been replaced by equal caliber or better players. All the others were backups who barely played. They have definitely gotten better. But you will keep bashing like you know what's going on.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did anyone get a call or email from True Blue, yet. They said 2 weeks but was just asking...Thanks

Why would it take so long? Are they agonizing owed who to pick as the 3rd line Middie? Get it done so folks can settle in, or more importantly scramble if a kid needs to connect with another team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any call from True Blue yet ..Anyone

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Scand just won't let it go with the outlaws. Please go back to your city team. They lost 1 starter who was hurt most of last year. And 1 starter nobody wanted back. They've been replaced by equal caliber or better players. All the others were backups who barely played. They have definitely gotten better. But you will keep bashing like you know what's going on.

LOL that funny ! You know that Outlaws lost there best player and a bunch more ! Its all good if you want to go back to playing in a bunch of tournaments where there is only B teams and win a few T-shirts! We all know you won't win any playing in the AA brackets !!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

TRUE!!!!!!

Its funny how Outlaw parents live in a dream world! Your competition got better and you lost players, but will insist that everything is OK in Outlaw land ! You are all crazy and deserve each other !!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are just jealous your wife doesn't have a skull and cross bones tattoo on the small of her back next to the Pineapple...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any call from True Blue yet ..Anyone

No worries, everyone is taken at True Blue, just wait for your email.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

TRUE!!!!!!

Its funny how Outlaw parents live in a dream world! Your competition got better and you lost players, but will insist that everything is OK in Outlaw land ! You are all crazy and deserve each other !!

The bottom line is that they lost some players and gained some players just like every other club on LI. I think they will be better this year but I also think every other club will be better. I know Igloo and Express picked up some players and 91 picked up JR so its going to be a fun year - Crazy amount of talent at this age.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

TRUE!!!!!!

Yes.. it is funny... but we all get along... all the kids that remain.. and that bothers you and makes you bitter.. have fun wherever you end up. BYE

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LOL that funny ! You know that Outlaws lost there best player and a bunch more ! Its all good if you want to go back to playing in a bunch of tournaments where there is only B teams and win a few T-shirts! We all know you won't win any playing in the AA brackets !!!!!

Their best player ? Granted a top player that left is very good - the team was without him due to an injury for several top tournaments at the end of the season - so they learned to play / adjust without him. He will be missed.. but the level of talent coming in and the volume of talent will more than make up for it with depth that was badly needed. Keep bashing because that is what you do and let the kids play. Just don't lose to them in 2018 - because that would be the end of the world for you - right ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Their best player ? Granted a top player that left is very good - the team was without him due to an injury for several top tournaments at the end of the season - so they learned to play / adjust without him. He will be missed.. but the level of talent coming in and the volume of talent will more than make up for it with depth that was badly needed. Keep bashing because that is what you do and let the kids play. Just don't lose to them in 2018 - because that would be the end of the world for you - right ?

Yes he is better than your son, He will be missed considering he accounted for a large portion of your goals until his injury! You certainly didn't get any new parts that were that good I was at the tryout and that is why we will not be playing there !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes he is better than your son, He will be missed considering he accounted for a large portion of your goals until his injury! You certainly didn't get any new parts that were that good I was at the tryout and that is why we will not be playing there !

Yes - he is better than my son, but this team does not have one single "top player" as you suggest... they contributed as a team - each brought something different to the team. To suggest that there is one single best player on the team is ridiculous including anyone who has departed or is remaining.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The kid wasn't one of the top five scorers on the team. Sorry. You are wrong. Not even close. But he he did take by far the most shots, lol.

Page 6 of 45 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 44 45

Link Copied to Clipboard