BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 10 of 85 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 84 85
Re: Boys 2023 - 7th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Is that normal with that many kids jumping ship??

Coaches should take multiple kids leaving as a sign and try and figure out why. They don't because 90% of the time there is someone waiting to pay. Many of these clubs don't care about the kids they care anout their bottom line. This is why they put 30 kids on a roster (still baffles me why people pay for this). I wonder if coaches reach out when players leave to find out why. Sometime kids leave because they think the grass is greener or they want to be on a "name brand team. I would bet sometimes they leave because they don't like the way they are coaches or the dynamic if the team. If I owned an organization it would benefit me to have loyalty from my team. If I couldn't achieve that I would want to know why. Some of these organizations are just too self absorbed.

Many good points. Also, your kid must have the drive and desire to put the work in in order to get better. That said, this time of every year parents have leverage over the organization and coach. One very important point; what does the team do in the off-season. I know many organizations offer clinics at an additional price, but as a team is the coach conducting practices, readying the team for the upcoming spring?
Last week, I traveled out east for the turtles tryout; very impressed with leadership, organization of the tryout with many reps and level of competition wasn't bad at all. fl$ is holding their tryouts this week. Another class organization. So if you're looking, well worth considering. Unfortunately we read the same old complaints from the outlaws organization in this age group year after year. Nothing changes if nothing changes...

fl$ may be class act (I don't know from experience) but their 4k price tags is ridiculous. I would put Express, Igloo and the others that charge more than 3k in the same bucket.

I think your bucket is leaking, you're wrong about 4K, take a look at the web-site. (Suffolk team)

When they called me last year the fee was 4k

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What's kids tried out for the turtles ? How many kids are they rostering?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have your kid play Outlaw if you enjoy red cups at game and your kids have an edge. It's the Outlaw way.

Is your grammar always this bad or only after too many sips from your red cup?

If you met the guy, you would understand the reason for his bad grammar.

Sorry. All I can picture is either a drunk, mentally disabled person, or someone who hasn't grasped the English language yet. White trash possibly?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Empire played in 2 A tourneys, 1 AA tourney and played up in a 7th gra de bracket. They're an A team without the drama.

Where do they practice and what towns are the kids from

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Empire practices either at Miller Place high school or Comsuwogue high school. Kids are from all over.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Practice either at comsewogue hs or miller place hs coach is assistant varsity coach for comsewogue. Most of kids are from northeast of the island a few from a lil west . Good team good coaching bringing on another varsity coach as assistant both no kids on team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has anyone ever moved on from Outlaws 2023 A/B teams without any attached drama? Reminds me of the NY Knicks...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A team without the drama. Now that's funny. Parents fight with other teams parents every tournament. And you played A tournaments? Wow, you have been brainwash. Get a clue dude.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Decent turn out at Recon. Lots of non Recon helmets. Well run tryout.
Good luck to all the boys there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow, an assistant varsity coach and now bringing on another assistant varsity coach. Is this a joke or you afraid other kids will take little johnnies spot on the team .I don't think anyone is impressed you have an asst varsity coach as your head coach. Thanks for the laugh though.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Two kids that left for igloo are very good players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is there another tryout for the 2023 turtle team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Decent turn out at Recon. Lots of non Recon helmets. Well run tryout.
Good luck to all the boys there.[/quot

What kind of other helmets, how many kids trying out?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Roster was a bit big last year. That will be corrected . As. Stated before the Recon B team was a mixed team. This years roster shouldn't be more than 23-24 at most ...
9-mid
6-att
6-def
1-fogo
1-2 goalies

And yes the coaches kids play on the team
B goalie is the coaches kid ... almost always played the second half . I think that was by design . Kid had a tough year . Team had small leads or was behind at half a lot . Other B team coach plays D I think as for the A team ... I'm not sure where they play

Thanks Cocah. So you are saying the other goalie sucks and is the reason they had small leads or were behind? The coaches kid is the savior? My kid isn't a goalie but you can't pin a win or loss on the goalie alone. I was there last night and the coaches kid got lots of playing time which makes no sense since he is sure to get a spot on the team. In between his dad barked orders at him to bring him water. From what I saw there were 2 non Recon goalies there who faced maybe 3 or 4 legit shots. Not sure how you base talent on that. We may have missed out on an opportunity to pick up good talent at that position (which bith teams can use) because the coaches kid got so much time in the net.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow, an assistant varsity coach and now bringing on another assistant varsity coach. Is this a joke or you afraid other kids will take little johnnies spot on the team .I don't think anyone is impressed you have an asst varsity coach as your head coach. Thanks for the laugh though.

The inability to use the "Quote" button this morning is rampant - must be a phenomenon like Sunday drivers!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Funny how many outlaw kids went to igloo over last two years. Now everywhere on this forum people are ripping igloo out coaches, team and organization. Must be a coincidence, those that left are angels.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Funny how many outlaw kids went to igloo over last two years. Now everywhere on this forum people are ripping igloo out coaches, team and organization. Must be a coincidence, those that left are angels.

Only 2 left Outlaws this year. 1 went to Igloo 2nd team and 1 went to Igloo 3rd line. Outlaws improved, we will see how much.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

According to the web-site, additional try out date(s) will be announced tomorrow (Monday). Any questions use their email, you will receive a reply quickly...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who exactly are the coaches for Legacy 2023?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Only 2 left Outlaws this year. 1 went to Igloo 2nd team and 1 went to Igloo 3rd line. Outlaws improved, we will see how much.

I didn't realize you tryout for lines now. Interesting. Choose Igloo B over Outlaws A . Interesting

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Roster was a bit big last year. That will be corrected . As. Stated before the Recon B team was a mixed team. This years roster shouldn't be more than 23-24 at most ...
9-mid
6-att
6-def
1-fogo
1-2 goalies

B goalie is the coaches kid ... almost always played the second half . I think that was by design . Kid had a tough year . Team had small leads or was behind at half a lot . Other B team coach plays D I think as for the A team ... I'm not sure where they play

Thanks Cocah. So you are saying the other goalie sucks and is the reason they had small leads or were behind? The coaches kid is the savior? My kid isn't a goalie but you can't pin a win or loss on the goalie alone. I was there last night and the coaches kid got lots of playing time which makes no sense since he is sure to get a spot on the team. In between his dad barked orders at him to bring him water. From what I saw there were 2 non Recon goalies there who faced maybe 3 or 4 legit shots. Not sure how you base talent on that. We may have missed out on an opportunity to pick up good talent at that position (which bith teams can use) because the coaches kid got so much time in the net.

No sense racking your brains over it. If you say something, look for another team and kiss your deposit goodby. I find it to be a good practice, staying to your self, but when mingling say a lot of "nothing."

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Much better organization.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

BM will be the head coach along with all of his cronies. Same old non sense. Team is already picked.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looked like yesterdays Outlaws tryout had enough talent to field both of their 2023's. Especially looks good for their second team which will make some noise this season.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
9-mid
6-att
6-def
1-fogo
1-2 goalies

No sense racking your brains over it. If you say something, look for another team and kiss your deposit goodby. I find it to be a good practice, staying to your self, but when mingling say a lot of "nothing."

Sounds like you know this from experience. Fors ypur kid play on this team? This is what is wrong with so many organizations. I realize daddy coaches are part of the deal but if I owned one of these organizations I would want the best talent at every position I could get. That may mean a daddy coach has to be real and their kid may need to take a back seat. Harry Jacobs is a stand up guy and his organization does a lot of good. I wouldn't think egos and behavior like that wouldn't be tolerated. If an organization isn't willing to do what's best for the team beyond the daddy coaches kids then maybe it is time to take one of those other offers.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any word if S2S had enough to field a 2nd team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Someone is angry. Calling out the 2 outlaw kids that left for igloo. Mentioning 2nd team and first team 3rd line . I would have to say they are two very good middies . Outlaw parent, you have to start wondering why so much turnover. Quality kids just not happy....uummm. What could it be!! Don't blame the kids please.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
9-mid
6-att
6-def
1-fogo
1-2 goalies

Sounds like you know this from experience. Fors ypur kid play on this team? This is what is wrong with so many organizations. I realize daddy coaches are part of the deal but if I owned one of these organizations I would want the best talent at every position I could get. That may mean a daddy coach has to be real and their kid may need to take a back seat. Harry Jacobs is a stand up guy and his organization does a lot of good. I wouldn't think egos and behavior like that wouldn't be tolerated. If an organization isn't willing to do what's best for the team beyond the daddy coaches kids then maybe it is time to take one of those other offers.

Politics everywhere. You answered your own question, hit the reset button and move on...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Someone is angry. Calling out the 2 outlaw kids that left for igloo. Mentioning 2nd team and first team 3rd line . I would have to say they are two very good middies . Outlaw parent, you have to start wondering why so much turnover. Quality kids just not happy....uummm. What could it be!! Don't blame the kids please.

I don't think PB is a bad guy but it's just not worth saying anything, just take your $ elsewhere.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Both kids will improve dramatically with better coaching and competition. You on the other hand will always be pathetic.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

BM will be the head coach along with all of his cronies. Same old non sense. Team is already picked.

Where did you get this piece of nugget from? He was not the head coach last season so unless the current long time coaches leave it will be the same 3 guys, all dads.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Like to hear from parents of players that did the Brine tournament in VA last month. What did you think? Were the players top shelf? Good experience? Think there is any benefit for a 12 year old to do this? Thinking of this for my son for next year. He's a 2024.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Both kids will improve dramatically with better coaching and competition. You on the other hand will always be pathetic.

Agree! Many parents just don't see it. The funny part about it, the coach thinks he's doing a great job... Outlaws raised their price, two hundred extra from last year, only one extra tournament. Leave while you still can.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

According to the web-site, additional try out date(s) will be announced tomorrow (Monday). Any questions use their email, you will receive a reply quickly...

No you won't. Tried that already over a week ago. No response .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Decent turn out at Recon. Lots of non Recon helmets. Well run tryout.
Good luck to all the boys there.[/quot

What kind of other helmets, how many kids trying out?

Maybe 45-50 with 4 or 5 goalies. Most were plain helmets but nothing that I recognized that weren't recon.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
9-mid
6-att
6-def
1-fogo
1-2 goalies

So you were on one of the teams last year; you mentioned "we" missed an opportunity.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did these coaches play college ball? Are they HS coaches? Trying to get a feel as to whether or not it is worth the price. Seems like they are good at the other age groups but this group does not seem to be as strong.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is Express having 3 teams this year?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did these coaches play college ball? Are they HS coaches? Trying to get a feel as to whether or not it is worth the price. Seems like they are good at the other age groups but this group does not seem to be as strong.

This was a our Legacy...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No you won't. Tried that already over a week ago. No response .

I emailed tonight and got a response within annhour.

Page 10 of 85 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 84 85

Link Copied to Clipboard