BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,586
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 1
Page 1 of 47 1 2 3 46 47
Boys 2023 - 7th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
TM@BOTC Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
It's the start of the Fall 2017/Summer 2018 season. Use this thread for your posts regarding this age group

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Boys 2023 - 7th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
anyone know of an A team that has less than 20 kids / has dedicated coaches/organized and intense practices/focused on recruiting/not very expensive?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
anyone know of an A team that has less than 20 kids / has dedicated coaches/organized and intense practices/focused on recruiting/not very expensive?

What area? That usually is the biggest limitation.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What area? That usually is the biggest limitation.

He's talking about unicorns... it doesn't exist. Should have included "no daddy ball".

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Unicorn LC

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How was FCA and Looneys tryouts yesterday?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Many yellow lids

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
about 60 kids at Looney's. Tryouts were well done, fast paced and some talent. A lot of recreation kids making their first attempt at club. I agree that the Crabs were well represented at the tryout (6 total). If Looney's can get 2 to 4 of those Crabs kids they will be much better over last year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
about 60 kids at Looney's. Tryouts were well done, fast paced and some talent. A lot of recreation kids making their first attempt at club. I agree that the Crabs were well represented at the tryout (6 total). If Looney's can get 2 to 4 of those Crabs kids they will be much better over last year.

If they get all of those kids they will probably be better than Crabs next year... ##truth##

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
a few kids really stood out at Looneys tryouts.. New to this so not sure where that came from or if they were already there

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There was probably about the same number at Calvert Hall for the FCA tryouts; 60ish. Very organized and well run; it appeared they had some of their Calvert Hall alumni running drills while coaches evaluated. A few scattered yellow lids mixed in but a variety of club teams being represented. There was a lot going on to say the least but it looked liked Kelley was spending extra time with some new talent at attack and the face-off position; they had a lot of talent at mid-field. This team will be very well represented come next Spring based on the talent level I saw on Sunday.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who cares how may kids go to to FCA 2023 tryout? Spots only open if returning kids leave. That is why that team cannot overcome Crabs, which has open tryouts and actually scouts and brings in new players during the season. Did it with an attackmen 2 years ago and a defender this past season. Different models.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like many Looneys kids from last year need to worry about keeping a spot.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There was probably about the same number at Calvert Hall for the FCA tryouts; 60ish. Very organized and well run; it appeared they had some of their Calvert Hall alumni running drills while coaches evaluated. A few scattered yellow lids mixed in but a variety of club teams being represented. There was a lot going on to say the least but it looked liked Kelley was spending extra time with some new talent at attack and the face-off position; they had a lot of talent at mid-field. This team will be very well represented come next Spring based on the talent level I saw on Sunday.

More of his relatives on the way up

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who cares how may kids go to to FCA 2023 tryout? Spots only open if returning kids leave. That is why that team cannot overcome Crabs, which has open tryouts and actually scouts and brings in new players during the season. Did it with an attackmen 2 years ago and a defender this past season. Different models.

That's not how fca runs 2020 team which Kelly also coaches. Very few kids left on blue team from 5th/6th grade. He wants best possible players to steer to Calvert hall

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Relax.....someone simply asked how tryouts were at Looney's and FCA; why so defensive? And with all due respect I will take the coaching at Looney's and FCA over Crabs any day of the week thank you very much.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why is that because the back-up yellow lids are coming over?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why is that because the back-up yellow lids are coming over?

There were around 6 Crabs there, 4 Hawks, 3 or 4 FCA. Really good talent on the top end.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"There were around 6 Crabs there, 4 Hawks, 3 or 4 FCA. Really good talent on the top end."
You were not there. These numbers are guesses. Thanks for playing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"There were around 6 Crabs there, 4 Hawks, 3 or 4 FCA. Really good talent on the top end."
You were not there. These numbers are guesses. Thanks for playing.

Was there and yes, since I couldn't get the kids to stand still while I counted their helmets,

Since you must have had better luck doing that, what are the correct numbers

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
5-6 crabs helmets at looney, didn't count the others. 91 and FCA both had crab helmets as well

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who cares what the correct number is? The point is you guessed. It is like you work for CNN.
Don't guess, just state what you saw, no one is judging you for not being able to count.

Here is the correct way you should have written your post.
"There were Crabs, Hawks, and FCA helmets at the Loonies' tryout. Really good talent on the top end."

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who cares what the correct number is? The point is you guessed. It is like you work for CNN.
Don't guess, just state what you saw, no one is judging you for not being able to count.

Here is the correct way you should have written your post.
"There were Crabs, Hawks, and FCA helmets at the Loonies' tryout. Really good talent on the top end."

Apparently YOU care what the correct number is. Thanks for the post writing tips though, I will post correctly on Sunday except I will attempt to spell the name of the club correctly if that is ok. I assume you just "guessed" at the spelling.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
5-6 crabs helmets at looney, didn't count the others. 91 and FCA both had crab helmets as well

Hey guys, think you might be on the wrong thread, 14 years olds should be going into 9th grade, not 7th...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hey guys, think you might be on the wrong thread, 14 years olds should be going into 9th grade, not 7th...

That is hilarious! And true. My son attended 2 different club tryouts and it was comical to see the difference in age and maturation as the kids were putting on their equipment in one big group. So easy to pick out the kids who should be in 8th and 9th grade. My kid's primary sport isn't lacrosse and he is a young 2023 so I could careless about the whole holdback thing but the holdback parents that put their head in the sand and act like it isn't an advantage are quite annoying.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That is hilarious! And true. My son attended 2 different club tryouts and it was comical to see the difference in age and maturation as the kids were putting on their equipment in one big group. So easy to pick out the kids who should be in 8th and 9th grade. My kid's primary sport isn't lacrosse and he is a young 2023 so I could careless about the whole holdback thing but the holdback parents that put their head in the sand and act like it isn't an advantage are quite annoying.

What is hilarious is the fact you think you can tell which middle school kids are older and younger. Years ago I coached u15 rec teams and there is a huge size difference in kids that I know were playing together where they should have. 7th and 8th graders have and always will mature at different levels at this age. I do think the re-class thing is crazy and bad for the sport but I also think many parents are too quick to think they know by watching which kids are older. Not just a lacrosse thing either. There is a video of Lebron James upset because his son was getting beat by another player at a tournament and he called the kid out for being too old. Funny thing is that the kid tweeted that he was so good he got called out by Lebron which probably made his day. I hate to read on this site that kids are called out if they are not older which I have seen.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What is hilarious is the fact you think you can tell which middle school kids are older and younger. Years ago I coached u15 rec teams and there is a huge size difference in kids that I know were playing together where they should have. 7th and 8th graders have and always will mature at different levels at this age. I do think the re-class thing is crazy and bad for the sport but I also think many parents are too quick to think they know by watching which kids are older. Not just a lacrosse thing either. There is a video of Lebron James upset because his son was getting beat by another player at a tournament and he called the kid out for being too old. Funny thing is that the kid tweeted that he was so good he got called out by Lebron which probably made his day. I hate to read on this site that kids are called out if they are not older which I have seen.

Agreed. In many cases, the older kids on the team are smaller. They were reclassed by their parents for that reason. My son is on age and he is very tall and has started puberty so he has hair on his legs, etc....Can't tell by how the kids look how old they are.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I have been teaching middle school for the past 20 years and coaching wrestling for 25 so I think I can tell the differences in age and maturation levels of 7th and 8th grade boys. But it certainly is nothing compared to your expertise as a U15 Rec coach. If you actually read what I posted, I said I could care less about holdback players. It was the parents I had an issue with, so save me your sanctimonious BS.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How do FCA and Looneys typically keep on there teams?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I have been teaching middle school for the past 20 years and coaching wrestling for 25 so I think I can tell the differences in age and maturation levels of 7th and 8th grade boys. But it certainly is nothing compared to your expertise as a U15 Rec coach. If you actually read what I posted, I said I could care less about holdback players. It was the parents I had an issue with, so save me your sanctimonious BS.

Telling the truth about holdbacks/prefirsts gets the same response constantly. It is an unfair advantage for the majority of kids that do it. It isnt that hard to tell many of the kids that were heldback. Of course not all big kids are holdbacks.

But the apologists want to tell us the same old excuses......just cause they are big doesnt mean they are holdbacks, they are only a few months older, hit the wall your kid will get better, college coaches want to judge youth by grade not age, etc, etc

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looney doesn't. They fold their teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How do FCA and Looneys typically keep on there teams?

Last seasons rosters are on their website

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's a fact

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Where you been Looney's hater? Looney's will have a 2019, two 2020s & a 2021 for this fall/summer

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Back-up Yellow lids...lol
Funny, my friend said they were the 1st to get invites.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rumor is crabs 2023 is imploding...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Last one out.. turn off the lights

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are an idiot.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are an idiot.

Completely true. Most likely half the team will be moving on to other clubs. It's a shame. Not sure what happened last year but it must of not been good.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Where you been Looney's hater? Looney's will have a 2019, two 2020s & a 2021 for this fall/summer

Looney's 2020 will be excellent. The rest of the club is garbage.

Page 1 of 47 1 2 3 46 47

Link Copied to Clipboard