BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 8 of 85 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 84 85
Re: Boys 2023 - 7th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
S2S + Denver = no chance

Who told you they were trying to go there?

last page - someone (coach, director) getting the word out. " going to make a push for Denver if that's something you are interested in. "
Just trying to keep it real.

Great group of kids and parents. Period.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Recon A
I know parents from this team and they are not happy with the amount of kids and the fact that a few kids should not be in the A team . I was thinking of having my son try out this weekend which is why I asked . I get it coaching comes with perks and if a kid is not that good they will be on the team because his daddy coaches . If I am paying money to travel I want to be on a team where everyone earns playing time it's not PAL . i am sure it's a well run organization but they need to cut back on the roster .

Great Organization, tuition is really reasonable, they are there for the players and families with very little turnover of players that are committed to them and the coaching is great on both teams.  Yes, coaching does have it perks if you have a kid. I don’t think it is a negative thing and playing time if definitely earned, but the only way to avoid that is to go to a team with unattached coaches or coaches that stay with set year. But typically coaches with kids on the team have more vested interest in making that team as a whole better, and keeping the kids together to grow, and not there just for a pay check.

Roster is a little big on both the A and B team (not sure about the other ages).  Hopefully they scale it down a little so the kids can have more playing time and it would resolve that. 

Definitely need a few more practices added through throughout fall and summer but they will compete well this year, even if these so called kids do go to TB that everyone keeps on posting about.

Tryout are probably one of the cheapest around. Come out and see for yourself what is all about.  Ask them question there, or if you get a call.  They are all standup guys and will tell you how it is.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are totally wrong! Only one Igloo kid at Express and he was definitely a defenseman.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Only Igloo player at Express tryouts was a defenseman. Don't worry about Express. Team is in great shape for Denver. Start trolling some other team or come out of your hole and identify yourself

Why do people care about Denver? Just a honest question. What is the extra cost per player/family? Airfare. Hotel. Etc. 3k? Bring the family and 5k? I seriously dont get it. Enlighten me please!!

I agree with you 100% I think with the change in the recruiting rules the rush to sign kids out of Denver is over why not take your family on a extended vacation.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Think twice before you leave.
Heard Outlaws picked up some very good players from other teams. Are there spots still available going into Saturday? My son is on one of the "AA" programs, but I am getting ticked off from the expanded rosters and off-the-island players, thinking of making the switch.

So your son plays for Express . . .?!

Very good players from what "other teams?" Are the Outlaws "A" looking to revamp their entire roster or just tweak it?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So I suggest you not tryout for Recon and I hope that those people who are not happy go elsewhere, although as far as I know, everyone seemed pretty happy.
No team is perfect and I for one am happy not to have to go to tournaments to watch my kid not play! Not every kid gets equal play time, but every one plays. Also, weather it's "daddy coaches" or favorite players or teams wanting to win at all cost some kids will get preferential treatment.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It took sometime, but Outlaws have rebuild 2023 Select. Do not miss those parents from a few years ago
Still probably looking for a couple kids this weekend to finalize.
My Son has been on team a few years, and we love it.
Over 50 practices last year

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Family memory?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you really were part of Express and really were at Brine, you would realize your mistake....Really infatuated by Igloo midfielder huh? Maybe your son should have tried out for them. Oh wait their tryouts are over....Sorry!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It took sometime, but Outlaws have rebuild 2023 Select. Do not miss those parents from a few years ago

You guys have two great coaches. Good luck during the upcoming season.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard Outlaws picked up some very good players from other teams. Are there spots still available going into Saturday? My son is on one of the "AA" programs, but I am getting ticked off from the expanded rosters and off-the-island players, thinking of making the switch.

Don't think any AA players will go to Outlaws until they prove themselves more, it might be a step back.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sounds like a desperate advertisement from an organization that has now lost at least two more starters this year by choice not because they didn't make the team. If it was so great you would not have to tell everyone about your 50 practices and a few spots still available. Good try though.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Recon A
I know parents from this team and they are not happy with the amount of kids and the fact that a few kids should not be in the A team . I was thinking of having my son try out this weekend which is why I asked . I get it coaching comes with perks and if a kid is not that good they will be on the team because his daddy coaches . If I am paying money to travel I want to be on a team where everyone earns playing time it's not PAL . i am sure it's a well run organization but they need to cut back on the roster .

Great Organization, tuition is really reasonable, they are there for the players and families with very little turnover of players that are committed to them and the coaching is great on both teams.  Yes, coaching does have it perks if you have a kid. I don’t think it is a negative thing and playing time if definitely earned, but the only way to avoid that is to go to a team with unattached coaches or coaches that stay with set year. But typically coaches with kids on the team have more vested interest in making that team as a whole better, and keeping the kids together to grow, and not there just for a pay check.

Roster is a little big on both the A and B team (not sure about the other ages).  Hopefully they scale it down a little so the kids can have more playing time and it would resolve that. 

Definitely need a few more practices added through throughout fall and summer but they will compete well this year, even if these so called kids do go to TB that everyone keeps on posting about.

Tryout are probably one of the cheapest around. Come out and see for yourself what is all about.  Ask them question there, or if you get a call.  They are all standup guys and will tell you how it is.

How many do they have at each position? How many goalies do they carry?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So Outlaws select has a coach with a son on the team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who said anything about writing checks, if you are good and coming from out of state, director will make a deal. Capisce

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
North of 3k I hear

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sounds like a desperate advertisement from an organization that has now lost at least two more starters this year by choice not because they didn't make the team. If it was so great you would not have to tell everyone about your 50 practices and a few spots still available. Good try though.

What starters left?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seemed that many returning players were not there or wore different helmets

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Roster was a bit big last year. That will be corrected . As. Stated before the Recon B team was a mixed team. This years roster shouldn't be more than 23-24 at most ...
9-mid
6-att
6-def
1-fogo
1-2 goalies

And yes the coaches kids play on the team
B goalie is the coaches kid ... almost always played the second half . I think that was by design . Kid had a tough year . Team had small leads or was behind at half a lot . Other B team coach plays D I think as for the A team ... I'm not sure where they play

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Recon A

How many do they have at each position? How many goalies do they carry?

Recons starting 10 can hang with anyone, besides the top 5, they need to develop some depth.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The team did not lose two starters.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So Outlaws select has a coach with a son on the team?

No. Neither coach has a son on the team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's obvious the reply is coming from the organization (Coach), and not a parent. A coach can hold 500 practices, if the majority of the team isn't developing, what sense does it make? Every organization has age group(s) which struggle. Outlaws isn't known for their 2023 group, A or B... Coaching plays an important role just as much a the child's ability. Not a knock on the organization, it is what it is...

What starters left?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You guys have two great coaches. Good luck during the upcoming season.

Thanks coach

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don't think any AA players will go to Outlaws until they prove themselves more, it might be a step back.

Just a ploy to get kids at tryouts this weekend...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sounds like a desperate advertisement from an organization that has now lost at least two more starters this year by choice not because they didn't make the team. If it was so great you would
not have to tell everyone about your 50 practices and a few spots still available. Good try though.

What starters left?

None

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks for the insight. Go Northstars!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who said anything about writing checks, if you are good and coming from out of state, director will make a deal. Capisce

Yes! Give express your money and you can show up to practice when you want. Most clubs wouldn't [lacrosse] their teams out like that. It's the Express way.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don't think either of the two teams lost their core starters...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Roster was a bit big last year. That will be corrected . As. Stated before the Recon B team was a mixed team. This years roster shouldn't be more than 23-24 at most ...
9-mid
6-att
6-def
1-fogo
1-2 goalies

B goalie is the coaches kid ... almost always played the second half . I think that was by design . Kid had a tough year . Team had small leads or was behind at half a lot . Other B team coach plays D I think as for the A team ... I'm not sure where they play

Why so many middies, or are LSM included in those numbers?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
9-mid
6-att
6-def
1-fogo
1-2 goalies

Why so many middies, or are LSM included in those numbers?

What teams did the B team play?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where did BM go?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hello Mr. Anonymous.......Call me and I'll be happy to speak with you about anything to do with Recon Lacrosse. Harry Jacobs 516-315-3002.......I'll wait for your call!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hello Mr. Anonymous.......Call me and I'll be happy to speak with you about anything to do with Recon Lacrosse. Harry Jacobs 516-315-3002.......I'll wait for your call!

What other director would put their name and # on this board and ask for a phone call, way to go Mr. Jacobs, your a class guy and so is your organization. From everything you do with Shootout for Soldiers, the community service you arrange for the players, and the way Recon lacrosse is run. Thanks for all you do and happy to be part of Recon lacrosse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BM is still at Leg a cee. Tornados will pick up some players this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is BM going to Recon?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Harry, I don't know you but that is awesome. But we know the loser won't call. He's hiding behind his computer as usual. Pathetic

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where did BM go?

That is a good question. I wonder if he is still there

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]It took sometime, but Outlaws have rebuild 2023 Select. Do not miss those parents from a few years ago

Sounds like a desperate advertisement from an organization that has now lost at least two more starters this year by choice not because they didn't make the team. If it was so great you would
not have to tell everyone about your 50 practices and a few spots still available. Good try though.

What starters left?

None

That's because they tried out for other team's and couldn't make it. Still a mediocre team that plays in bad tournaments against B teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They ABSOLUTELY did lose starters

I don't think either of the two teams lost their core starters...

Page 8 of 85 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 84 85

Link Copied to Clipboard