BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rating: 1
Page 208 of 220 1 2 206 207 208 209 210 219 220
Re: Long Island Top Guns Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can someone please tell the 22 Black Mom from Huntington to put a sock in it. She is an embarrassment to our club down here in Virginia.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Can someone please tell the 22 Black Mom from Huntington to put a sock in it. She is an embarrassment to our club down here in Virginia.

If you're there, man up and tell her yourself. Who do you think is going to read it on here and tell her?

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE

Or you could, since you are there and witnessing it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you're there, man up and tell her yourself. Who do you think is going to read it on here and tell her?

Maybe it's his wife.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Signed my daughter up for TG tryout coming up. Was a weird mail in form?? Question- How hard is it to get on the A team? Is there a lot of movement on the top teams? Are people happy with this club? Have heard some good things. Would love to hear pros and cons.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is 553 pages of information about the Top-Guns in this tread alone.. take a few minutes and read back a few pages.
it will be difficult to make the top team at most of the older ages with 1 tryout ( that goes for all clubs) unless your daughter is a known commodity.
the movement to and from the top team is based on who shows up to replace the current player
some are happy some are not... you need to try it and make your own opinion.
as a whole, the top-guns are run just like all the other club teams.. all the club teams have more similarities than differences.

it all boils down to two things
if your kid can play she will be fine anywhere, and
if you've got the time and the money for travel lax she'// be ok too.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Signed my daughter up for TG tryout coming up. Was a weird mail in form?? Question- How hard is it to get on the A team? Is there a lot of movement on the top teams? Are people happy with this club? Have heard some good things. Would love to hear pros and cons.

What age group is your daughter trying out for?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
is the A team your only priority?
purple team is equal at every level.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Signed my daughter up for TG tryout coming up. Was a weird mail in form?? Question- How hard is it to get on the A team? Is there a lot of movement on the top teams? Are people happy with this club? Have heard some good things. Would love to hear pros and cons.

Depends on the year and position you are trying out for. If your daughter is a standout talent then she will make it, if she is just above average she can get overlooked. Making purple is just fine and not something to turn your nose from. Purple players get moved to Black if it is deserved and likewise. In my experience, not TG or lacrosse specific, in most cases the bottom talent of an A team and top talent of a B team are interchangeable.

As for the strange mail-in form, that has been a pet-peeve of mine; they need to get with the times and have on-line registration already. All tuition is payed via snail mail too!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2023 coming from playing PAL and some pick up tournaments

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have often heard the general rule at tryouts is if a new girl is not 10-20% better than a girl currently on the team, a change will not be made by the club. They won't move marginal girls from A team to B team when they know her check has cleared and the family is not a problem. That being said, how do you evaluate 10-20% on a tryout . . . I don't know. Also, not many girls are willing to accept the demotion from A to B, and clubs know that, and they want your money. If your daughter is a 7th or 8th grader, and she is on the bottom 5-8 on the A team roster of 24, she will not play that much against better teams or in playoff games. The best players on B teams play a good portion of every game, and develop their skills, but they don't get to play against the top competition against other A teams. Kids in middle school need to play and not ride the bench, especially now that college coaches aren't watching these age groups. .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2023 is supposedly a very strong age for TG so it will be very competitive.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2023 is supposedly a very strong age for TG so it will be very competitive.

New to the club players wanting to get on the Black team typically do their deals at the TG camp that was this week not at try outs.
That being said, if your daughter is a good player and makes the Purple team, do it. She will move up if she is good.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Stop! Purple sucks at every age group and is basically ignored by SS until she realizes that she didn't evaluate a kid very well and moves her up, otherwise you're coached by a 19 year old in flip flops that shows up a week before your first tournament and spend most of the tournament on her cell phone

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Stop! Purple sucks at every age group and is basically ignored by SS until she realizes that she didn't evaluate a kid very well and moves her up, otherwise you're coached by a 19 year old in flip flops that shows up a week before your first tournament and spend most of the tournament on her cell phone

Wrong, if it is deserved you can move up from purple. White is another story.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Really? I hope your kidding about the camps. No one even attends those camps.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Will be very hard to get on to TG 2023 Black. They have a solid team already. A couple of the bottom girls need to go, and I would expect a few YJ players could be taking their place after seeing all the negative comments about that team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]is the A team your only priority?

Not the case at all with Purple, not even close, so you STOP

So to the original poster who was looking for some advice for his daughter, if she makes Purple and is very good, she will get moved up. However, if she is on purple and is very good, she will PLAY A LOT. Have her do the tryout and see where she lands, maybe she goes right to Black anyway. But you are totally fine doing Purpleshould that be the case.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So to the original poster who was looking for some advice for his daughter, if she makes Purple and is very good, she will get moved up. However, if she is on purple and is very good, she will PLAY A LOT. Have her do the tryout and see where she lands, maybe she goes right to Black anyway. But you are totally fine doing Purpleshould that be the case.

If you have any idea what schools you would be interested in go look at TG, YJ and Liberty commit list and see if those schools show up on their list. If you're thinking Ivy league Liberty is your club. ND, U Florida, Stony Brook, etc. then go YJ. Hofstra, Towson then go TG

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you make purple you will get very little coaching unless you are a 2021. The only thing you will get is a slim chance to make black the next year, but you better have you daughter training hard and doing lots of privates to stand out. Otherwise it is college player coach who doesn't care that much.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Will be very hard to get on to TG 2023 Black. They have a solid team already. A couple of the bottom girls need to go, and I would expect a few YJ players could be taking their place after seeing all the negative comments about that team.

2023 age group on LI is weak across the board and no one team can separate. TG, YJ, Igloo all have teams about the same level. If your daughter can make the top team, I would stick to TG or YJ, both have a good name and are respected by the college coaches down the road. If you read these threads, parents are all caught up on who beat who by one goal at this tournament or that. None of that matters to recruiting and the college coaches certainly will never know or care about any of it. What they do know is that the top players from top clubs kick butt. From LI, YJ tops that list for sure, TG does well each year with some very good players as well along with Elevate and Liberty. Igloo? LEGG E Cee? As you get out on these fringe teams you will likely only see the top couple players garner interest. The other famous quote on this thread is Coaches recruit players, it doesn't matter what team they play on. I disagree, it matters greatly.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not true, people do attend camp hoping to get noticed before tryouts. Worked for my daughter's friend...she got on the radar of one of the Smith's and made the black team as an outsider, 1 of only 3 girls and the other 2 came from purple. Having said that she may have stood out at tryouts anyway without attending the camp. When you have about 100 girls show up for an age group you have to try and distinguish yourself somehow.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2023 age group on LI is weak across the board and no one team can separate. TG, YJ, Igloo all have teams about the same level. If your daughter can make the top team, I would stick to TG or YJ, both have a good name and are respected by the college coaches down the road. If you read these threads, parents are all caught up on who beat who by one goal at this tournament or that. None of that matters to recruiting and the college coaches certainly will never know or care about any of it. What they do know is that the top players from top clubs kick butt. From LI, YJ tops that list for sure, TG does well each year with some very good players as well along with Elevate and Liberty. Igloo? LEGG E Cee? As you get out on these fringe teams you will likely only see the top couple players garner interest. The other famous quote on this thread is Coaches recruit players, it doesn't matter what team they play on. I disagree, it matters greatly.

It matters if your daughter really isn't a quality player, and doesn't get on he field much. Which often happens a YJ. Then the director has to tell the college they are good, cause they never get a chance to see them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not true, people do attend camp hoping to get noticed before tryouts. Worked for my daughter's friend...she got on the radar of one of the Smith's and made the black team as an outsider, 1 of only 3 girls and the other 2 came from purple. Having said that she may have stood out at tryouts anyway without attending the camp. When you have about 100 girls show up for an age group you have to try and distinguish yourself somehow.

Exactly how it works.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Elevate and legacy and liberty at the 2023 age are non contenders. Can't even have them in this conversation. Blue devils, Jesters beat them up continually.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Exactly how it works.[/quote]

Yes. It works that way . . . in college.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Plenty of YJ girls there this week.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They don't always keep their word. But welcome to club lacrosse.all to many coaches per team. I think it confused the kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They don't always keep their word. But welcome to club lacrosse.all to many coaches per team. I think it confused the kids.

Who has too too many coaches?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Witch one do you think was stronger the leftie or the right handed girl ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TG is the team to be on this year, the best-balanced team with good coaching. Should be a very competitive tryout.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Witch one do you think was stronger the leftie or the right handed girl ?

The one who could play with either hand. Doesn't matter heard both are leaving anyhow.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Clueless...Coaching is everything and Igloo, YJ and TG cant compare with another brand when it comes to coaching at this age...always go with coaching people

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Clueless...Coaching is everything and Igloo, YJ and TG cant compare with another brand when it comes to coaching at this age...always go with coaching people

Which "brand" would that be???

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

your loss if you don't know!!!!!!!
only those who can looked beyond W&L truly get it!!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

your loss if you don't know!!!!!!!
only those who can looked beyond W&L truly get it!!!!!

Wow, thanks for your response as it truly didn't help! Guess it's my loss then because I still don't know what you're talking about. Don't know if I'll be able to sleep tonight - LOL

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So being coached by the best player in the country and Tewaaraton award winner doesn't compare to igloo......your not serious are you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So being coached by the best player in the country and Tewaaraton award winner doesn't compare to igloo......your not serious are you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yes, relating to kids is the most important piece of teaching and communicating. Dictating and having your best three kids win games by going to goal is not getting your money's worth.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by CageSage
The pricing and package information for the Long Island Top Guns Girls Program follows.

Graduating Years: 2013 � 2018, 2011 Annual Fee is $1100

Payment Includes:

Tournaments : 5 Guaranteed SUMMER Tournaments
This fee does not include fall or winter tournaments and/or leagues

Practices : 10 Team Practices

Coaches : World Class Coaching Staff, Two Coaches per Team
Each team will be over seen by Shannon Smith and Lacey Vigmostad

Uniform : Team Uniform / First Year Bag is Included / Sweat Shirt Recruitment

Each player will have a chance to be guided through the process, have the ability to make a player profile and make meetings with the coaches to go over questions you may have.

PAYMENT SCHEDULE

Payment 1 : $200 September 13th, 2010
Payment 2 : $200 December 1st, 2010
Payment 3 : $200 February 1st, 2011
Payment 4 : $250 March 1st, 2011
Payment 5 : $250 May 1st, 2011

**** ALL PAYMENTS ARE NONFEFUNDABLE ****

I just saw this from 6 or 7 years ago. $1100 for 5 summer tournaments. What is it now? I'm guessing it has outpaced inflation just a little bit.

Like Reply Quote
Page 208 of 220 1 2 206 207 208 209 210 219 220
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard