BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 85 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 84 85
Re: Boys 2023 - 7th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Does anyone here have any thing constrictive to say about Shore2Shore. My son's team played them this past summer and they seem well coached and the parents wee very nice. Seem like a small program which is fine by me.

It's a good team. In all honesty I don't think they are fielding a 2nd team based on turnout last night. The team was invite only. Now I think they are trying to upgrade a few spots.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TB emails out?

Phone calls from Coach Cat went out yesterday for the A team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TB emails out?

Did he coach that 2017 TB team. Hadnt many of them gone on to good programs. Carzy like a fox but if your son can handle it and the players are there could be a good ride

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TB emails out?

Fake News. Calls have not gone out yet.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TB emails out?

Not fake news, I received the call around 7pm but thanks for your input.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TB emails out?

2024 calls went out, and 2023 had their last try out the same night. Considering that Cat runs both 2023 teams, I'd surprised that calls didn't go out as they did for 2024.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TB emails out?

B team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Was it from the IRS or your boyfriend?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Too many kids is an understatement.. A few of those kids don't belong on an A team and are taking up space on the roster . It really is about who you know .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TB emails out?

Hope you accepted the spot immediately or your in for a profanity filled verbal attack.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Too many kids is an understatement.. A few of those kids don't belong on an A team and are taking up space on the roster . It really is about who you know .

What team are you talking about?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coach Powers @ Express???

He's training 2023 & 2026 Express teams

Was running Express tryouts last night. Great addition by Express

Same guy that was supposed to save the Blue fish. Guys a has been showed up to a few things for Bluefish and was let go. He's all yours

Clearly there are bigger issues @ Bluefish. He's not the problem.

The Bluefish obviously tried to get the Massapequa kids to leave other teams (mostly True Blue) by hiring Powers. That did not work.
Bluefish has and will continue to field B to C level teams mostly filled with GC kids who don't make other competitive travel teams. The beyond arrogant head "Fish" should concentrate on trying to make the playoffs with his college team which never happens. Good thing that the very strange, and very rich Insurance Company dude who pays for everything at Hofstra likes him.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What team are you talking about? And why do you say That?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Recon B team is looking for attackman . Recon B team is looking for kids . Last year was actually a 2023/24 team. I know they are trying to have separate 2024 team this year. That means spots are open . Goalie is the coaches kid but plays very well most days . Defense was solid last year. They need a few more middies and maybe a FOGO. Very good core . Coaches are solid. Kids seem to like them and parents were pleased.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are correct there dude.....kids are over that [lacrosse] . Parents never let it go

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What team are you talking about?

Any team that has more than 22 kids is in it for the money at that point, no matter how good the club is or how reliable it is. Whatever the reason is that they say they need more kids, they need to look at that first and fix that, not bandaid the issue and add more kids. How can a parent except there kids to learn, develop and grow if they are only playing 5 min or 10 min of a 40 min game (tournament or not) because there are three or four lines, or better yet, like some of the top team out there, kids that never see the field.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Got my call last night for TB Bengals.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Really good source told me a top Igloo Middie was at Express last night trying out for Attack. What's going on in the Igloo camp.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express 2023 repeat in Denver 2018!!!!Take it to the bank

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone here have any thing constrictive to say about Shore2Shore. My son's team played them this past summer and they seem well coached and the parents wee very nice. Seem like a small program which is fine by me.

It's a good team. In all honesty I don't think they are fielding a 2nd team based on turnout last night. The team was invite only. Now I think they are trying to upgrade a few spots.

Good team. Strong core, looking to add a few key pieces. If you have a strong player but stuck playing for a top program's B team or if you aren't on one of the 'elite' teams (Bandits/Igloo/Express), you should check it out. Good coaching (head coach doesn't have a son on the team), play in top tournaments and compete at a high level. I'm sure someone will find something to rip but everyone's got an agenda on this site.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good team. Strong core, looking to add a few key pieces. If you have a strong player but stuck playing for a top program's B team or if you aren't on one of the 'elite' teams (Bandits/Igloo/Express), you should check it out. Good coaching (head coach doesn't have a son on the team), play in top tournaments and compete at a high level. I'm sure someone will find something to rip but everyone's got an agenda on this site.

What positions are they looking to upgrade?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Then why did they pitch that they were looking to field another team? Why not just say that?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Some of our players ineligible due to age. Word on sideline was 4/5 returning players too old for World series. Yes Igloo players were in attendance, not sure why that boy would change positions. Problems in Igloo land?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Then why did they pitch that they were looking to field another team? Why not just say that?

It's called "we take as much tryout money as possible first, then tell you we're fielding a second team later".

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone here have any thing constrictive to say about Shore2Shore. My son's team played them this past summer and they seem well coached and the parents were very nice. Seem like a small program which is fine by me.[/quote]

It's a good team. In all honesty I don't think they are fielding a 2nd team based on turnout last night. The team was invite only. Now I think they are trying to upgrade a few spots.[/quote]

Good team. Strong core, looking to add a few key pieces. If you have a strong player but stuck playing for a top program's B team or if you aren't on one of the 'elite' teams (Bandits/Igloo/Express), you should check it out. Good coaching (head coach doesn't have a son on the team), play in top tournaments and compete at a high level. I'm sure someone will find something to rip but everyone's got an agenda on this site.[/quote]

Then why did they pitch that they were looking to field another team? Why not just say that?[/quote]

Send a note to the coach or director or ask at the tryout. I doubt they were trying to pull the wool over anyone's eyes when it came to potentially fielding a second team. Maybe the demand wasn't there or maybe there's something else going on, can't hurt to ask.

For the first team they need some size on the midfield line to compete with the out of state teams who all seem to be fairly large and they need a strong face off player (can be one and the same player). Their primary face off player was hurt for the first few tournaments last summer and they didn't have an adequate backup. They are going to make a push for Denver if that's something you are interested in.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone here have any thing constrictive to say about Shore2Shore. My son's team played them this past summer and they seem well coached and the parents were very nice. Seem like a small program which is fine by me.

It's a good team. In all honesty I don't think they are fielding a 2nd team based on turnout last night. The team was invite only. Now I think they are trying to upgrade a few spots.[/quote]

Good team. Strong core, looking to add a few key pieces. If you have a strong player but stuck playing for a top program's B team or if you aren't on one of the 'elite' teams (Bandits/Igloo/Express), you should check it out. Good coaching (head coach doesn't have a son on the team), play in top tournaments and compete at a high level. I'm sure someone will find something to rip but everyone's got an agenda on this site.[/quote]

Then why did they pitch that they were looking to field another team? Why not just say that?[/quote]

Send a note to the coach or director or ask at the tryout. I doubt they were trying to pull the wool over anyone's eyes when it came to potentially fielding a second team. Maybe the demand wasn't there or maybe there's something else going on, can't hurt to ask.

For the first team they need some size on the midfield line to compete with the out of state teams who all seem to be fairly large and they need a strong face off player (can be one and the same player). Their primary face off player was hurt for the first few tournaments last summer and they didn't have an adequate backup. They are going to make a push for Denver if that's something you are interested in.[/quote]

How is there attack are they looking for help at this position.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
S2S looking to upgrade at all positions . As far as a second team, there is more demand than what showed up Tuesday night. They will field a second team, only if there is enough interest.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
S2S looking to upgrade at all positions . As far as a second team, there is more demand than what showed up Tuesday night. They will field a second team, only if there is enough interest.

Are they having another tryout?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes. Igloo lefty middy trying out for Express left attack position. Not happy with Igloo being excluded from better tournaments.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Outlaws select, what positions are open if any? If my son doesn't make select, is the "B" team worth a shot? Sunday is their tryout...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They are having another tryout today. I was at the first tryout in talking to the coach it seems like they are definitely looking to upgrade the offense

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Some of our players ineligible due to age. Word on sideline was 4/5 returning players too old for World series. Yes Igloo players were in attendance, not sure why that boy would change positions. Problems in Igloo land?

Every 2023 team has older kids that can't go to Denver (not sure why there is not much interest in that tournament). Express not the only one. Igloo. S2S. All of them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Tonight. 6-8

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes. Igloo lefty middy trying out for Express left attack position. Not happy with Igloo being excluded from better tournaments.

hmmmm he's changing positions because of tournaments??? It's more likely igloo already has a good lefty

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard express is taking kids from programs off Island for 2023. Is this for Denver or common practice
Feel sorry for those that have been with program, and get bumped

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Express taking kids from "off the island"? From where?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Its a paid travel program...they can take kids from China if they want!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Outlaws select, what positions are open if any? If my son doesn't make select, is the "B" team worth a shot? Sunday is their tryout...

Tryout is Saturday, not Sunday.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard express is taking kids from programs off Island for 2023. Is this for Denver or common practice
Feel sorry for those that have been with program, and get bumped

There was one big kid there from primetime (out of state as you say) that was able to dodge to the cage at will except for on the big kid on D. I don't think most of the D for the A team was there last night so maybe that's why it was so easy for him but not too may kids there without express helmets.

What I did not like is the fact that a lot of A team players did not even show up for the second day or not show up at all. I guess their sports are safe.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who is the better B club?
Empire
Outlaws
Recon

Page 6 of 85 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 84 85

Link Copied to Clipboard