BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,633
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 85 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 84 85
Re: Boys 2023 - 7th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
After reading this thread I have come to the conclusion that True Blue is the most annoying team on Long Island. Please stop talking about how good your team is. No one cares. Especially since your team has been inconsequential.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Who was the last A team from Long Island that the Dukes played? What was the outcome?

True Blue will give them a run next year, that's for sure.

To TB. Should see the others they gained also. TB will have an AA and A team.

When your pulling players from B teams it only makes a better B team. Not a A or AA team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dukes lost to the Bandits 6-5 at Dicks TOC in FL. Express Hedstrom should not be on the same field with them. Hedstrom is constructed to competitive in the B division. Not to compete with the top teams.

Exactly the problem with the concept of the Dukes team. Dukes is trying entice the kids from all the AA teams to come on board. There is no incentive for these kids to leave their great LI team to travel, practice once a month and play for a team their club team could probably beat. Dukes says it is an adjunct to the regular local club teams, but most of the Dukes tournaments overlap with the Club team tournaments so that makes no sense. This whole team is a $ grab. Maybe good for kids in remote places that don't have access to competitive club teams, but it makes no sense for the players AA Long Island players they are looking for. Please take the Dukes show back to Phillie.

I play on a AA LI team and play for the Duke's Nationals. In my mind everything is a money grab if you make poor decisions. All I care about is getting my son the best training that will make him better. I care as much about my teams coaches as they care about my son. "If he stops producing they will drop him and move on, quickly!" So far the cost/benefit of the Duke's Nationals makes sense because my son is getting something that my regular club team cannot provide. Yes we win youth games but who truly cares about getting another t-shirt every week. As long as my son gets the training he needs to achieve his college lacrosse goals then I'm in.

So your saying the training is that much better at Dukes than your current LI AA team...you are clearly lying. The 23 Dukes coaches are not bad but they are not bringing anything special to the table. Good try though some people might actually believe this...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dukes lost to the Bandits 6-5 at Dicks TOC in FL. Express Hedstrom should not be on the same field with them. Hedstrom is constructed to competitive in the B division. Not to compete with the top teams.

Exactly the problem with the concept of the Dukes team. Dukes is trying entice the kids from all the AA teams to come on board. There is no incentive for these kids to leave their great LI team to travel, practice once a month and play for a team their club team could probably beat. Dukes says it is an adjunct to the regular local club teams, but most of the Dukes tournaments overlap with the Club team tournaments so that makes no sense. This whole team is a $ grab. Maybe good for kids in remote places that don't have access to competitive club teams, but it makes no sense for the players AA Long Island players they are looking for. Please take the Dukes show back to Phillie.

I play on a AA LI team and play for the Duke's Nationals. In my mind everything is a money grab if you make poor decisions. All I care about is getting my son the best training that will make him better. I care as much about my teams coaches as they care about my son. "If he stops producing they will drop him and move on, quickly!" So far the cost/benefit of the Duke's Nationals makes sense because my son is getting something that my regular club team cannot provide. Yes we win youth games but who truly cares about getting another t-shirt every week. As long as my son gets the training he needs to achieve his college lacrosse goals then I'm in.

"I play on a AA LI team" ? Where are you on the depth chart?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like RECON lost there top Middie and Defender to another program.

No they didn't, and the team will compete in "A" bracket this year.

They did 100%

Then you are not talking about RECON's "top" middie and defender. Maybe you are thinking of others, but definitely not their "top" guys.

Nope, top guys

No they didn't, and the team will compete in "A" bracket this year.

They did 100%

Then you are not talking about RECON's "top" middie and defender. Maybe you are thinking of others, but definitely not their "top" guys.

The defender that went to TB was a good player but he was not even on the top defensive line, didn't start. If a middie left I know for sure it was none of there top guys.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What program did they go to and why did they leave?
Everyone seems to have good thing to say about them, expect they carry to many kids and need some better attackman. I guess if they fix that, they sound like the perfect team.

Recon is very deep at defense and middie, there strong points. If they lost someone it was definitely not their top player, top middie and defensemen close ties with the coach,parents and players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So your saying the training is that much better at Dukes than your current LI AA team...you are clearly lying. The 23 Dukes coaches are not bad but they are not bringing anything special to the table. Good try though some people might actually believe this...

Hey Coach... Sounds like your feelings are hurt. ha!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So was the S2S tryout legit or was it a money grab?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
After reading this thread I have come to the conclusion that True Blue is the most annoying team on Long Island. Please stop talking about how good your team is. No one cares. Especially since your team has been inconsequential.

Ain't heard nothing til you stand on a sideline with them! Red cups in hand. The drunken display is down right embarrassing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Everyone is just jealous b/c of all the great pick ups we made and we will compete with anybody next year

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That is what their website says.
S2S is going to have a "B" team ?

So what happened? Good turnout?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Exactly the problem with the concept of the Dukes team. Dukes is trying entice the kids from all the AA teams to come on board. There is no incentive for these kids to leave their great LI team to travel, practice once a month and play for a team their club team could probably beat. Dukes says it is an adjunct to the regular local club teams, but most of the Dukes tournaments overlap with the Club team tournaments so that makes no sense. This whole team is a $ grab. Maybe good for kids in remote places that don't have access to competitive club teams, but it makes no sense for the players AA Long Island players they are looking for. Please take the Dukes show back to Phillie. [/quote]

I play on a AA LI team and play for the Duke's Nationals. In my mind everything is a money grab if you make poor decisions. All I care about is getting my son the best training that will make him better. I care as much about my teams coaches as they care about my son. "If he stops producing they will drop him and move on, quickly!" So far the cost/benefit of the Duke's Nationals makes sense because my son is getting something that my regular club team cannot provide. Yes we win youth games but who truly cares about getting another t-shirt every week. As long as my son gets the training he needs to achieve his college lacrosse goals then I'm in. [/quote]

So your saying the training is that much better at Dukes than your current LI AA team...you are clearly lying. The 23 Dukes coaches are not bad but they are not bringing anything special to the table. Good try though some people might actually believe this...[/quote]

Hey Coach... Sounds like your feelings are hurt. ha!
[/quote]

You better go back to school so you can come up with a better argument than that, Mr. "I play for an AA team". You are precisely the over involved parent living vicariously through their kid that Dukes is preying on. Dukes coaches bring nothing to the table. Here on Long Island we may be competitive but we aren't stupid.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Their tryouts were cheaper than the others we paid for. My kid had fun, lots of S2S helmets, but the ones without held their own. A parent said they're having 2 teams, which would be good because of their location and coaches

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone at turtles? Stony brook too far, and I emailed them some questions that went unanswered. Curious how the turnout was.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Their tryouts were cheaper than the others we paid for. My kid had fun, lots of S2S helmets, but the ones without held their own. A parent said they're having 2 teams, which would be good because of their location and coaches

Did they get enough of a turnout to think they'll have enough kids to field 2 teams?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So there was a big enough turnout to field 2 teams? I heard there were less than 40 kids including the S2S kids. Can't field 2 teams out of that!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Dukes are not meant to be a primary team just another source for playing outside of your kids club/town team. Nothing wrong with concept but when run by daddy coaches who don't adhere to their own depth chart they set in place things go south quickly. Lots of turnover as result which has adverse effect on their ability to win

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coach Powers @ Express???

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ain't heard nothing til you stand on a sideline with them! Red cups in hand. The drunken display is down right embarrassing.

I've been to numerous tournaments since these boys have been in 3rd grade. At every single tournament every single sideline parents have red cups. I've never seen any TB parent out of line and in all honesty never seen a parent of another team out of line. 99% of the time all parents are routing for there team. So again its obvious you don't like TB or the parents for whatever reason but stop the nonsense, none of that is true. Good luck to all during tryout season and whatever team you son lands on.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He's training 2023 & 2026 Express teams

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I've been to numerous tournaments since these boys have been in 3rd grade. At every single tournament every single sideline parents have red cups. I've never seen any TB parent out of line and in all honesty never seen a parent of another team out of line. 99% of the time all parents are routing for there team. So again its obvious you don't like TB or the parents for whatever reason but stop the nonsense, none of that is true. Good luck to all during tryout season and whatever team you son lands on.

And what's your explanation for the coaches? Screaming, cursing and trying to intimidate. He leads by example and these lemming parents follow this disgrace!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And what's your explanation for the coaches? Screaming, cursing and trying to intimidate. He leads by example and these lemming parents follow this disgrace!

Again lets agree to disagree you don't like the organization maybe you used to play for them maybe not. I have had a good experience with them. I think Cat is a great coach. Does he yell at a ref once in awhile yes nothing wrong with that. I'm pretty positive other coaches yell at refs also. BTW if screaming is intimidating to you I think you should pick up your skirt and man up...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Was running Express tryouts last night. Great addition by Express

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Think he's doing more then just training, his name Is attached to two age groups as the coach

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah they did at laxfest dummy and empire made it further then them at nxt to get beat by the dukes 2023 hold backs in the semifinals

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Again lets agree to disagree you don't like the organization maybe you used to play for them maybe not. I have had a good experience with them. I think Cat is a great coach. Does he yell at a ref once in awhile yes nothing wrong with that. I'm pretty positive other coaches yell at refs also. BTW if screaming is intimidating to you I think you should pick up your skirt and man up...

Screaming by a 300 lbs. gorilla is intimidating to a 11/12 year old boy on the opposing team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Must be True Blue.

As a matter of fact they did

What town is he from. Maybe it's a step up for him, maybe it's not. It all depends on the players commitment to the team amd what he is willing to do for them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what is the tuition for 91 this year?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Screaming by a 300 lbs. gorilla is intimidating to a 11/12 year old boy on the opposing team.

I've seen coaches on other teams that scream way more than Cat ever does - nobody says anything about them doing it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Must be True Blue.

As a matter of fact they did

What town is he from. Maybe it's a step up for him, maybe it's not. It all depends on the players commitment to the team amd what he is willing to do for them.

I guaranteed their top middie and defender will be at tryouts this weekend.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what is the tuition for 91 this year?

$4,500

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone here have any thing constrictive to say about Shore2Shore. My son's team played them this past summer and they seem well coached and the parents wee very nice. Seem like a small program which is fine by me.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TB emails out?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Same guy that was supposed to save the Blue fish. Guys a has been showed up to a few things for Bluefish and was let go. He's all yours

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Was running Express tryouts last night. Great addition by Express[/quote]
Same guy that was supposed to save the Blue fish. Guys a has been showed up to a few things for Bluefish and was let go. He's all yours [/quote]

You will be paying extra for him to train your team once the season starts. Just more fodder to the Express money machine...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]After reading this thread I have come to the conclusion that True Blue is the most annoying team on Long Island. Please stop talking about how good your team is. No one cares. Especially since your team has been inconsequential.

Who is 300lbs, none of the 2023 TB coaches are, what are you talking about

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone here have any thing constrictive to say about Shore2Shore. My son's team played them this past summer and they seem well coached and the parents wee very nice. Seem like a small program which is fine by me.

This age group is only for the "B" team. Waste of money trying out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why would an opposing boy be intimidated Coach Cat has never yelled at an opposing child. Bro you don't like Cat and TB we get it move on.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Same guy that was supposed to save the Blue fish. Guys a has been showed up to a few things for Bluefish and was let go. He's all yours

Clearly there are bigger issues @ Bluefish. He's not the problem.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Someones jealous......

Page 5 of 85 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 84 85

Link Copied to Clipboard