BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,564
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 17 1 2 3 4 16 17
Re: Girls 2021 - 9th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How is the leg team in this age group I never hear anyone talk about them on this forum?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I would tell the SB girls that there are literally a handful of teams that have won a division 1 championship in the last 25 years and SB isn't one of them. Surely you must realize that polls are meaningless and the only one that matters is the one declaring a national champion after the final game is played. I bet you also think the MSG and US Lacrosse high school player and team rankings are gospel as well - lol. With new recruiting rules the college coaches will be able to wait and judge much more accurately the players they're recruiting instead of having CR or SS jam some 9th grader down their throat before they commit to another school, many will not be the player they thought they were getting by the time they get to college - that 4 years is a long time...

Jeolous much? What a loser. Go look at the starters on Maryland , UNC, NW, UVA etc ,many were not the top players on the top club teams you are just too ignorant to realize that .

I don't know much about the starters current and former on NW and UVA. But, of the most current national champions - MD and UNC - you are so way off base that all I can do is laugh. The fact that Maryland's bench is loaded with the girls who were the top players on their various club teams and high schools sums it up quite nicely.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]How is the leg team in this age group I never hear anyone talk about them on this forum?

Mediocre at best

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Prob the best LI travel team at this age

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

YJ or Liberty? The edge has to go to Liberty when it is only 2021 players. Better middies and better on the draw circle than YJ. Plus Liberty won the only head to head match up when they were team only without the older girls taking the draw for YJ.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Beach Bums 21' are the best/most dominant

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

YJ or Liberty? The edge has to go to Liberty when it is only 2021 players. Better middies and better on the draw circle than YJ. Plus Liberty won the only head to head match up when they were team only without the older girls taking the draw for YJ.

While I will agree you have the right to say Liberty 2021 is best team on LI as you won the one head to head match-up I think the U14 outcome may be closer to the truth. YJ had 1 non 2021 player at the nationals and she did not take the draw in that game ever.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]How is the leg team in this age group I never hear anyone talk about them on this forum?

Mediocre at best

Beach Bums beat them....that should give you an indication.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Please stop with Liberty already......they got blown out and compete in low level tournaments.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Doe it really matter who is the best? No. If your daughter is good enough to choose between the two than you should be deciding which is a better fit for her. Who has better coaching, will she like her teammates and have a good experience? Where will she get more playing time? If she wants to play in college which organization will be more useful? Being on the best team shouldn't be a deciding factor as both teams are the tops on LI. Peas and carrots.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The same age girl who graduates in the year ahead of these girls did not take the draws at all. And Liberty dominated the draw circle and still got completely crushed in the game. How does that happen if their middies are better? Hard to notice if the middies were better when they are getting completely blown out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would tell the SB girls that there are literally a handful of teams that have won a division 1 championship in the last 25 years and SB isn't one of them. Surely you must realize that polls are meaningless and the only one that matters is the one declaring a national champion after the final game is played. I bet you also think the MSG and US Lacrosse high school player and team rankings are gospel as well - lol. With new recruiting rules the college coaches will be able to wait and judge much more accurately the players they're recruiting instead of having CR or SS jam some 9th grader down their throat before they commit to another school, many will not be the player they thought they were getting by the time they get to college - that 4 years is a long time...

Jeolous much? What a loser. Go look at the starters on Maryland , UNC, NW, UVA etc ,many were not the top players on the top club teams you are just too ignorant to realize that .

I don't know much about the starters current and former on NW and UVA. But, of the most current national champions - MD and UNC - you are so way off base that all I can do is laugh. The fact that Maryland's bench is loaded with the girls who were the top players on their various club teams and high schools sums it up quite nicely.

Very true and most teams play about 15-16 kids, the rest see very little action in competitive games

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Top Guns 2021 is better than Liberty 2021. They did not get a chance to play Liberty this year to prove themselves. They did beat them last year at the Hofstra Tournament and only lost to YJ at Nationals by two. Definitely the team to watch!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Top Guns 2021 is better than Liberty 2021. They did not get a chance to play Liberty this year to prove themselves. They did beat them last year at the Hofstra Tournament and only lost to YJ at Nationals by two. Definitely the team to watch!

Too many 2020s at that event to make a comparison for TG at 2021.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Mediocre at best

Beach Bums beat them....that should give you an indication.

That never happened.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Didn't TG have 5 2020 girls in this game, and still lost by 2? Don't think the actual 2021 team can even be in the ame conversation with 2021 YJ. Don't think any team on LI can be in the conversation with them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Didn't TG have 5 2020 girls in this game, and still lost by 2? Don't think the actual 2021 team can even be in the ame conversation with 2021 YJ. Don't think any team on LI can be in the conversation with them.

The age group in general is just not very strong and that is why no one team has pulled away from the pack, it's that simple

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The age group in general is just not very strong and that is why no one team has pulled away from the pack, it's that simple

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please stick to the Facts people- top guns did not play Liberty at Hofstra last year. Elevate beat liberty in playoffs and then top guns beat elevate in championship game. This year neither team even bothered to attend the Hofstra tourney. Top guns has beaten elevate a few times in the past 2 years but has not faced Liberty. I am 99% sure (trying to jog my memory) that Summer of 2015 was last time top guns vs Liberty in a shortened playoff game and I think Liberty was the victor. But imo it's tough to claim bragging rights in a 20 min playoff game from 3 years ago so it's anyone's guess which team is better now. My money would be on TG.
Regarding the u14's, yes top guns had some 20's (as did other teams) but top guns also had a few of their top 21's out with injuries.
All in all, if I had to put money on a yj/tg game, my money would be on YJ in a close game that yj "out coaches" tg. And I'm sure you have figured out by now that I am a long time tg parent. Lastly, imo the reason that the top Long Island teams have been having a tough time with the top md teams is not because "the age group in general is not very strong", first, I believe that Long Island's top players are more spread out among many teams. Sorry YJ families but I just don't think the top 24 girls in the 2021 age group are all playing on YJ blue. In fact, I don't think YJ even has the top 10 players and second, I think the MD teams practice more and are coached better.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The 2021 YJ team lost to the Liberty 2021 team the only time they played this past season .That has to put Liberty in the conversation.To the people that keep saying it does not matter who the best team is then why even keep score .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

With the infusion of new talent on the way and shuffling of some positions YJA will be just fine.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Pretty sure the original post was a sarcastic response to the question about Leg (though we will never know because the poster doesn't know how to use the Quote button), but thanks for the response Liberty mom.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

While I will agree you have the right to say Liberty 2021 is best team on LI as you won the one head to head match-up I think the U14 outcome may be closer to the truth. YJ had 1 non 2021 player at the nationals and she did not take the draw in that game ever.

Yeah, 1 non 2021 who was on the circle (arguably more important than the girl actually taking the draw) and made the all tournament team and was highlighted in the US Lacrosse write-up of the game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ had 2

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

you have no idea what your talking about, so stop, YJ had 1!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
23 coach kid and mattituck kid. That's 2

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you are completely wrong!!!just the mattituck kid!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The 2021 YJ team lost to the Liberty 2021 team the only time they played this past season .That has to put Liberty in the conversation.To the people that keep saying it does not matter who the best team is then why even keep score .

12-4 final

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
23 coach kid and mattituck kid. That's 2

Coach kid was rostered but don not play in the tourney. That is fact.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Regardless if it's 1 or 2......it's sad that CR felt she had to bring in a ringer to help the team win. That player was responsible for 33% of the scoring in the final game. CR obviously had no confidence in the team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you are completely wrong! there was not one coaches kid that was older on the roster!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Regardless if it's 1 or 2......it's sad that CR felt she had to bring in a ringer to help the team win. That player was responsible for 33% of the scoring in the final game. CR obviously had no confidence in the team.

Okay , so according to you if she did not play YJ would have just doubled up the score 8-4 against Liberty, feel better . Was is as sad last year when DG had a few 2018 kids playing ,or even more sad because they lost to YJ.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please stick to the Facts people- top guns did not play Liberty at Hofstra last year. Elevate beat liberty in playoffs and then top guns beat elevate in championship game. This year neither team even bothered to attend the Hofstra tourney. Top guns has beaten elevate a few times in the past 2 years but has not faced Liberty. I am 99% sure (trying to jog my memory) that Summer of 2015 was last time top guns vs Liberty in a shortened playoff game and I think Liberty was the victor. But imo it's tough to claim bragging rights in a 20 min playoff game from 3 years ago so it's anyone's guess which team is better now. My money would be on TG.
Regarding the u14's, yes top guns had some 20's (as did other teams) but top guns also had a few of their top 21's out with injuries.
All in all, if I had to put money on a yj/tg game, my money would be on YJ in a close game that yj "out coaches" tg. And I'm sure you have figured out by now that I am a long time tg parent. Lastly, imo the reason that the top Long Island teams have been having a tough time with the top md teams is not because "the age group in general is not very strong", first, I believe that Long Island's top players are more spread out among many teams. Sorry YJ families but I just don't think the top 24 girls in the 2021 age group are all playing on YJ blue. In fact, I don't think YJ even has the top 10 players and second, I think the MD teams practice more and are coached better.

Only the lefty attack would have made a difference on the U 14 for TG.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's your take from that passage. Agenda much? Nice job mum. Lol
Start watching the whole field of play at games and not just the 15 yards that your superstar covers. You may learn something.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

aren't there 2 lefty attacks?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yep, attack. The laziest position on the field, but at least they get to go to goal.

That's your take from that passage. Agenda much? Nice job mum. Lol
Start watching the whole field of play at games and not just the 15 yards that your superstar covers. You may learn something.

Yep, attack. The laziest position on the field, but at least they get to go to goal.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure lefty attacker would have made difference. BS favors her immensely and she stands out due to her size and left handedness but when she was hurt at the end of the season the team did just fine without her. She is very good but just not sure she is a game changer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How was the leg a sea tryouts this week?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you weren't there don't worry about it

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Was anybody there.

Page 2 of 17 1 2 3 4 16 17

Link Copied to Clipboard