BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,564
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 34 1 2 3 4 5 33 34
Re: Girls 2023 - 7th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
This is getting a little unhealthy for some of you.

I think we got it.

1. You do not like SG
2. You do not like BT
3. You do not like YJ and CR
4. The YJ 2023 girls are not good
5. The current 2023 YJ girls are leaving for better clubs
6. Igloo and TG beat YJ this year at Nationals.
7. Your daughter left YJ and you and your couldn't be happier.
8. The parents on 2023 YJ are the worst.

Take a break from BOC enjoy the rest of your summer with your daughter take a step back from girls youth travel lacrosse. I wish all the Long Island teams the best of luck next year. Hopefully we get to play again next year and continue a nice rivalry between the local clubs without the BOC nonsense.

Most of it correct except the part about left YJ, change it to leaving, then you're spot on!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think we got it.

1. You do not like SG
2. You do not like BT

Take a break from BOC enjoy the rest of your summer with your daughter take a step back from girls youth travel lacrosse. I wish all the Long Island teams the best of luck next year. Hopefully we get to play again next year and continue a nice rivalry between the local clubs without the BOC nonsense.

NO! Please do not take a break. We love reading all this drama - it's made for great conversations when we run into other lacrosse parents at the boardwalk bars. If you Long Islanders stop - then us Marylanders will not have anything to help us make it through all this club BS. Although, we are blessed with the multiple clubs within easy driving distance of each other, we do not have to settle for one club and be miserable there. For example, if we do not like M&D, Sky Walkers, TLC and Hero's are just around the corner. And if those are not enough MD United and Capital are not that far off. And if the idea of my kid playing on a "B" team for one of those clubs - does not sit well with me - we can always got to one of the other dozens of clubs around Maryland. Please keep posting, I established a routine at the beginning of our vacation last week and I only have the remainder of this week to read the posts as I drink my morning coffees. Besides, what are we going to talk about at the bars at night. Please keep posting.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]The reason no one has been recruited from Igloo girls is because the oldest girls team is 2021. Give them a break.

That's kind of the point , some of the better players will leave to go to YJ knowing that they have a history of their better players essentially going wherever they want year after year while who knows with igloo.

News flash: no good 2023 player is going to YJ, the good players have left/ are leaving because they are not developing due to the mess the team is. Do you really have your head buried that far in the sand that you don't see what's going on. A shame

The sky isn't falling. YJ is the top brand and the tryouts will be filled with girls hoping to have the opportunity to play in this club. My guess is at least 3 2023 teams. You may have a couple of girls that leave the blue or gold team for greener pastures but they'll be replaced.

How did that go for YJ last year? Good girls left and the replacements were hardly standouts, rode pine. Why would anyone do that to their daughter?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]The reason no one has been recruited from Igloo girls is because the oldest girls team is 2021. Give them a break.

That's kind of the point , some of the better players will leave to go to YJ knowing that they have a history of their better players essentially going wherever they want year after year while who knows with igloo.

News flash: no good 2023 player is going to YJ, the good players have left/ are leaving because they are not developing due to the mess the team is. Do you really have your head buried that far in the sand that you don't see what's going on. A shame

yes good lacrosse players are assigned a bench seat. they train but don't play in the games. big speeches about playing to win but we don't win. Its a joke..this is where 2023 YJ is really doing a number on their reputation. The fact that people left and are leaving speaks volumes

The good players aren't leaving. The girls that are on the bench may be considering it but will ultimately stay this happens every year at every age group.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think we got it.

1. You do not like SG
2. You do not like BT

awesome! ^^spot on

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ is now the 3rd ranked girls team at 2023 on LI. The best girls will want to be on the best teams, and that is not YJ. This has happened just as predicted, and we will witness the further decline of YJ as time goes on. Fish rotting from the head down.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ is now the 3rd ranked girls team at 2023 on LI. The best girls will want to be on the best teams, and that is not YJ. This has happened just as predicted, and we will witness the further decline of YJ as time goes on. Fish rotting from the head down.

you need a hobby

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
CR meeting this week with 2023 coaches. Looks like changes are coming on YJA!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So you predicted this. Read the post above yours and get help!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

yes good lacrosse players are assigned a bench seat. they train but don't play in the games. big speeches about playing to win but we don't win. Its a joke..this is where 2023 YJ is really doing a number on their reputation. The fact that people left and are leaving speaks volumes

The good players aren't leaving. The girls that are on the bench may be considering it but will ultimately stay this happens every year at every age group.

Your facts are incorrect! Good players have left last year and are leaving this year.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]CR meeting this week with 2023 coaches. Looks like changes are coming on YJA!

The coaches in this age group are fine the parents not so much.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
I don't know much about Elevate other than they have a great 2021 team. Empire just created a 2023 Nassau team and they did fairly well for their first year. They won a couple of tourneys and made it to the championship in others. They did some fun out of state tourneys, like Hershey and Great Wolf in MA. The coaches are great. Kids love them. I've heard no complaints.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
I don't know much about Elevate other than they have a great 2021 team. Empire just created a 2023 Nassau team and they did fairly well for their first year. They won a couple of tourneys and made it to the championship in others. They did some fun out of state tourneys, like Hershey and Great Wolf in MA. The coaches are great. Kids love them. I've heard no complaints.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
I will say, my experience with the YJ parents at the US Nationals is not good. They didn't have many fans. They are rude, obnoxious, classless and act like petulant children. The way they would yell at the refs was disgusting. The things they said to their own children would make anyone cringe (apparently not them).

And the players are not much better. They are sore losers and disrespectful. One YJ kid spit in her hand before she shook the hands of the winning team. Very disgraceful.

And the best part is listening to them go on and on and on about why they lost. It was never their fault. It was the refs, or they were too hot or it rained...like I said, not their fault.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are full of it Pinocchio

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by ALCJCGAFG

Great 2021 team? You lost all credibility.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

you need a hobby

Why? He or she seems spot on to me.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is that you Dave?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]CR meeting this week with 2023 coaches. Looks like changes are coming on YJA!

Thank you coach Jackoffalone.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

False! Will never happen. CR could care less.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

False! Will never happen. CR could care less.

And how were you so privileged to get this information????

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Igloo didn't send their 2021 or 2022 teams to the National Championship. If they are not even attending competitive tournaments how would you expect these girls to get recruited. You may as well just play for your school team for the same amount of exposure or go to a club that gives you an opportunity to be seen.

Did you really just say "National Championship" and "competitive tournaments" in the same post? If you're going to make that claim about Igloo, at least pick a correct reference.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The 2023 Igloo Team is coached by the star players father which is the only reason why the team did so well. Remove Daddy and the player and the team
will fall apart. certain girls are only their for the name since they barely get to play. Maybe 7 girls on the team are worth talking about. They will
say oh we won the nationals but many states didn't even send their top teams to the event. Something igloo won't admit.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The 2023 Igloo Team is coached by the star players father which is the only reason why the team did so well. Remove Daddy and the player and the team
will fall apart. certain girls are only their for the name since they barely get to play. Maybe 7 girls on the team are worth talking about. They will
say oh we won the nationals but many states didn't even send their top teams to the event. Something igloo won't admit.

All kidding aside, does Igloo have the ability to get into the better tournaments going forward with entering only one age group (that being 2023). Don't tournaments look for clubs with multiple teams across several age groups?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's like saying "the only reason the Patriots win is because Tom Brady is on the team". Really? That's what you post.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The girl is no doubt a good player, but she is not consistent. I have also seen her do absolutely nothing in games, such as the 4-1 loss to TG. As for the Nationals, the reason why some other states (MD) did not send teams is because the girls were too old. (Cheating Holdbacks). Keep in mind that both YJ and TG beat the MD teams in various tournaments throughout the summer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]The 2023 Igloo Team is coached by the star players father which is the only reason why the team did so well. Remove Daddy and the player and the team

All kidding aside, does Igloo have the ability to get into the better tournaments going forward with entering only one age group (that being 2023). Don't tournaments look for clubs with multiple teams across several age groups?

No. Igloo only has one competitive team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]The 2023 Igloo Team is coached by the star players father which is the only reason why the team did so well. Remove Daddy and the player and the team

That's one team more than most of those second tier clubs have that do get into those "big" tournaments. Those supposed "big" tournaments put quantity over quality. Follow the money.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The girl is no doubt a good player, but she is not consistent. I have also seen her do absolutely nothing in games, such as the 4-1 loss to TG. As for the Nationals, the reason why some other states (MD) did not send teams is because the girls were too old. (Cheating Holdbacks). Keep in mind that both YJ and TG beat the MD teams in various tournaments throughout the summer.

You expect consistency from a 7th grader? Seriously? You talk about these girls like they're professionals. What sport were you playing in 7th grade consistently, superstar?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's one team more than most of those second tier clubs have that do get into those "big" tournaments. Those supposed "big" tournaments put quantity over quality. Follow the money.

Then why doesn't Igloo send their teams to the play the MD, NJ, VA teams during the summer? Playing Elevate, 90+1 and Beach Bums all summer isn't going to put them in any conversation, it's PAL. Excluding the 2023 team, which can play.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You expect consistency from a 7th grader? Seriously? You talk about these girls like they're professionals. What sport were you playing in 7th grade consistently, superstar?

Yes Dad, if you want to brag about your daughter, she must show up at every game, and yes, in the 7th grade. That's what superstars do, otherwise, you are just another decent player.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Sorry, I was only saying that based on what my friend has told me because her daughter is on the team.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
That's a great point. It's never about one person. She is a great player, but she has a defense and a goalie that keeps them in the game when she's off. That's something everyone likes to forget or don't bother knowing at all. Defense and goalies always seem to get the shaft (no pun intended)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo has not played teams M&D Black, Md Utd, Heroes, elite for a full game. Tg is the better of these teams

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's a great point. It's never about one person. She is a great player, but she has a defense and a goalie that keeps them in the game when she's off. That's something everyone likes to forget or don't bother knowing at all. Defense and goalies always seem to get the shaft (no pun intended)

This is true. YJ and TG also have some real standout players. But, you can't play lacrosse by yourself!! Imagine if we had all these great girls on the same team?? Would be unstoppable!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=ALCJCGAFG]That's a great point. It's never about one person. She is a great player, but she has a defense and a goalie that keeps them in the game when she's off. That's something everyone likes to forget or don't bother knowing at all. Defense and goalies always seem to get the shaft (no pun intended)

YJ lit the defense and goalie up when the coach's kid wasn't on the field that team will only go as far as she can carry them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's like saying "the only reason the Patriots win is because Tom Brady is on the team". Really? That's what you post.

Well, they do have their own planes now.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=ALCJCGAFG]That's a great point. It's never about one person. She is a great player, but she has a defense and a goalie that keeps them in the game when she's off. That's something everyone likes to forget or don't bother knowing at all. Defense and goalies always seem to get the shaft (no pun intended)

YJ lit the defense and goalie up when the coach's kid wasn't on the field that team will only go as far as she can carry them.

Right now size is a factor is the game at this age. Referees don't call blatant charges as these bigger kids just plow defenders over going to goal. Parents on the sidelines are impressed when kids just barrel through. Tough to be on the sidelines sometimes listening to what some perceive as good plays and referees ignore. It's a hard game to play defense in when the majority of the calls are in favor of the offense.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Right now size is a factor is the game at this age. Referees don't call blatant charges as these bigger kids just plow defenders over going to goal. Parents on the sidelines are impressed when kids just barrel through. Tough to be on the sidelines sometimes listening to what some perceive as good plays and referees ignore. It's a hard game to play defense in when the majority of the calls are in favor of the offense.

Size is definitely a factor. The big fast powerful girls are a big reason teams like Igloo and TG are doing well. YJ needs a few more girls that have some size.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would be more embarrassed that one kid lit up the entire YJ team and took them down twice! Doesn't say very much about the quality of this team

Page 3 of 34 1 2 3 4 5 33 34

Link Copied to Clipboard