BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 22 of 79 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 78 79
Re: Welcome Philadelphia & Vicinity
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like great comp today down in Maryland at Young Guns

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tomahawks are playing out of their minds this Summer. Express seems to be hot and cold.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are multiple bad eggs in that crowd. Let's just say this will be the 2nd club bridge burned by one of his cohorts. Pulled the same crap with the 2019 crowd before he realized he needed to hold his kid back.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let's just say tha it was probably a pretty rough year for TD and his son. He has never had to earn any playing time on his own, because daddy has always handed it to him. Not to mention the fact that he had to actually pay to play at NXT. No wonder Tad is bring back the 2020 team. His son barely ever played for an entire year, that may be a pretty bitter pill to swallow.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yet he is going to PSU, how do you explain that?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous

Going to PSU and ever seeing the field there are two very different things. Not to mention, a "commitment" in 9th grade means absolutely nothing. Time will tell, but I will be very surprised if this particular commitment works out. I am also certain that after the year he has had, Tad is sweating it out. And to be honest many people I know have asked "what in the world did PSU see in that one?"

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Easy. Early recruiting swing and a miss by Tambroni & Co.

#Laceup

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is really sad when grown men (assumption) comment on 15 year old boys. It is one thing to bash an organization or school but kids really should be off limits.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Going to PSU and ever seeing the field there are two very different things. Not to mention, a "commitment" in 9th grade means absolutely nothing. Time will tell, but I will be very surprised if this particular commitment works out. I am also certain that after the year he has had, Tad is sweating it out. And to be honest many people I know have asked "what in the world did PSU see in that one?"

So TD is bashing to anyone who will listen that NXT is not worth it, horribly run, and do not know what they are doing and can't get coaches to show at the showcases for 2020. He can do it better and that is why he is doing RS in high school because he can handle the 2 years for recruiting. Now it all comes out to be a big ploy because NXT doesn't show favoritism of who you are and where you are going. You have to earn it. Oh and TD no coach cares about the 2020 class with the changes. All the recruiting sites have said all the coaches are spending their time with the 18's and 19's. Buyer beware at RS daddy's are still coaching on the staff's

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is really sad when grown men (assumption) comment on 15 year old boys. It is one thing to bash an organization or school but kids really should be off limits.

Haha no way Tad. Lick my taint.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So TD is bashing to anyone who will listen that NXT is not worth it, horribly run, and do not know what they are doing and can't get coaches to show at the showcases for 2020. He can do it better and that is why he is doing RS in high school because he can handle the 2 years for recruiting. Now it all comes out to be a big ploy because NXT doesn't show favoritism of who you are and where you are going. You have to earn it. Oh and TD no coach cares about the 2020 class with the changes. All the recruiting sites have said all the coaches are spending their time with the 18's and 19's. Buyer beware at RS daddy's are still coaching on the staff's

Don't you know that TD Is the best coach out there, and he is perfectly capable of getting every single kid on "his" team recruited?!? No one can do it better,I have heard him say it on the sidelines this summer. Anyone that buys that is as nuts as him. He is in this for one kid and only one, and that one didn't see the field at NXT, as much as he is accustomed to, so he needs to get back to daddy ball.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard that moving forward all the sons will be required to practice with no less than ten (10) training laces at any given time. 1 on each wrist, 2 on each ankle, 2 on their stick and one woven carefully through each earhole on their helmet. Those that successfully practice with this set up with be able to advance to "Laced up Phase II" where a series of training laces will be woven together to create a Training Lace belt that will further their core muscle development.

Goalies will he lashed to a goal using no less than 48 training laces (a technique derived from the Gordon Bombay book for lacrosse coaches who didn't play lacrosse) and training laces will be tossed at them from various angles to work on toughness and eye-Training lace coordination.

D1 scholarships will be guaranteed for all.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard that moving forward all the sons will be required to practice with no less than ten (10) training laces at any given time. 1 on each wrist, 2 on each ankle, 2 on their stick and one woven carefully through each earhole on their helmet. Those that successfully practice with this set up with be able to advance to "Laced up Phase II" where a series of training laces will be woven together to create a Training Lace belt that will further their core muscle development.

Goalies will he lashed to a goal using no less than 48 training laces (a technique derived from the Gordon Bombay book for lacrosse coaches who didn't play lacrosse) and training laces will be tossed at them from various angles to work on toughness and eye-Training lace coordination.

D1 scholarships will be guaranteed for all.

What a trend setter! I wonder if all of those training laces will be included in their tutition!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lol classic

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So what is TD's end game with Sons now. A year ago did not want to do high school and could only field 3 middle school teams. Worked a deal with NXT to feed his kid there and others. Looked like they would be completely gone within 3 years. Now he changes course and wants to do high school because he did not like his kids playtime at NXT where he did not have daddy to play him the whole time. He is feeding a lot of BS to his parents now because in 2 years when his kid is done a lot of parents and kids will be left out when he decides to fold shop or broker another failed deal into someone else. it's like a broken record. if they can't field a team below 2023 this year they are finished. Hope your kid is not left hanging to dry in 2 years when you have no team and there are no spots anywhere else when all the high school teams are full. Total I am running a Club Lacrosse team for my kid only. definitely not someone I want my kids around. what happens when he sees no playtime at Malvern, going to get up and move to Episcopal. It's a smoke and mirrors game at Rising Sons.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
we should just have Rising Sons thread to bash. It may be temporary, but you get a few good years of laughs

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What program has the best and most qualified coaching across all levels, High School to Youth? Not talking a couple of teams, staffs from top to bottom.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Either HHH or Sons

Freedom = daddy buddy ball
Mesa=washed up high school players with a few decent ones sprinkled in.
Rough Riders daddy buddy ball
NXT nothing special

I think fusion has a good crew but they are not the psycho competitive clubs like above.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Either HHH or Sons

Freedom = daddy buddy ball
Mesa=washed up high school players with a few decent ones sprinkled in.
Rough Riders daddy buddy ball
NXT nothing special

I think fusion has a good crew but they are not the psycho competitive clubs like above.

Funny... but how do you support the crown jewel of daddy ball Sons?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not saying i support them but with 3 boys playing from 2025 to 2019 i can tell you that every club has daddy ball issues. The truth is if your kid plays the same position as the coaches kid....get the [lacrosse] out of there unless you kid is a true hammer. Middie it might be okay but attack fogo lsm goalie you have no chance againt jr.

Everyone does it. It is human nature

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not saying i support them but with 3 boys playing from 2025 to 2019 i can tell you that every club has daddy ball issues. The truth is if your kid plays the same position as the coaches kid....get the [lacrosse] out of there unless you kid is a true hammer. Middie it might be okay but attack fogo lsm goalie you have no chance againt jr.

Everyone does it. It is human nature

Made me laugh but you should've post that... which is good advice because ripping all the others and not Sons gives you no credibility when they are loaded with dads.

All of the listed clubs have great coaches, including dads (some dads way more qualified than the non dads)

Find a club that your kid fits in, we are lucky there are plenty of great ones in the area.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sons are trash, Tad is a very poor coach who never played or coached the game, they have a revolving door of "name" coaches but no one sticks, and they have just burned the bridge down with the biggest showcase event company out there.
Good news is that we all now have a lot more Tad to watch, it's like watching a car accident!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sons are trash, Tad is a very poor coach who never played or coached the game, they have a revolving door of "name" coaches but no one sticks, and they have just burned the bridge down with the biggest showcase event company out there.
Good news is that we all now have a lot more Tad to watch, it's like watching a car accident!

So what happens to Sons after the director's kid is gone (2020)?
Does it fold? Does he keep it rolling? Does someone else take it over?
I like the coaching he's bringing in but I'm leery about the organization folding.
I've talked to some parents who were there before and apparently the big names coach during the week but don't show to tourneys? Dads coach at tourneys?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I like the coaching he's bringing in but I'm leery about the organization folding.
I've talked to some parents who were there before and apparently the big names coach during the week but don't show to tourneys? Dads coach at tourneys?

Don't even show to practice half of the time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don't even show to practice half of the time.

TD is going to leave all those 21,22, and 23 parents out to dry. He won't be able to find them a team in 2 years. No bridges left to burn.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coaching is overrated. Give the kids training laces and watch them flourish #LaceUp

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who wants to bet the training lace is being used in his tryouts with a table set up to sell it

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is 100% true, Tad coaches at the tournaments, he can't help himself and he has to make sure that his kid is in the entire game. He also truely believes he is the best coach out there so he sees nothing wrong with it. Anyone that goes with this option is fully aware of what they are getting into and clearly wants that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is the obsession with the Sons???

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is the obsession with the Sons???

No obsession, most of these posts are probably from Tad. Last year right now, this board was lighting up with "isn't NXT the best thing since sliced bread", all from Tad himself. No one really cares about their daddy ball team or the king daddy himself. But, when he posts on here it makes him feel relevant.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When an [lacrosse] needlessly rips players from 2-3 local club teams so junior can get more playing time there is going to be some backlash.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Saw something that Fusion is creating teams in Md? Don't teams wait until they have done well in the area were they started before branching out?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know they are starting up in Richmond, VA. Haven't heard anything about Md. Fusion should be very successful down in VA

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why would they be? Or are you basing it purely on them making $$ as opposed to the level of talent they will put on the field.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am familiar with the lacrosse scene down in Richmond. Currently NL Greyhounds are the only legitimate club for the area and they are an up an coming club whose 2022's played well at Milton's event in July. Fusion has put together a good coaching staff and will compete with NL Greyhounds for the private school kids from St. Christopher's, Collegiate, Benedictine and Cape Henry Collegiate High schools as well as the best public school kids. Also will get some kids from Norfolk/Va Beach area as well. I am in no way affiliated with Fusion and I am certainly not promoting their brand. Just making the observation that the Richmond lacrosse scene has talented players and only one high level club team currently. If Fusion is the second team in the area, they should be able to get good kids to develop.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I believe a Richmond Club beat Freedom 2022 at Hogan Summer Exposure in the AA Bracket and won the Championship so let's not look down on the lacrosse in the area when they beat the best Philly based 2022 team although it seems they no longer hold that title based on some observations here.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I've been very impressed w Hype Night by NXT the past few nights.
The kids never stop moving. Bunch of reps. Coaches are engaged.
Pretty satisfied at this point.
Why does the NXT program not pull talent until high school? I'm impressed w the coaching for sure.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why does the NXT program not pull talent until high school? I'm impressed w the coaching for sure.

I've been there the last two nights as well and have to say that I am extremely impressed also. This coming from a parent of another philly club

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I've been there the last two nights as well and have to say that I am extremely impressed also. This coming from a parent of another philly club

NXT has always been this way. Organized and structured and teaching a team concept. Kids and parents get caught up in the wins and losses or we are "AA" team and forget about the development side because they assume winning equates to that. It's easy to take a bunch of Johnny "all-stars" and throw them on a team and win a bunch of games below 8th grade and requires no coaching. The questions is easy for a parent, do you see your kids improving each year as a player or are they doing things you have not seen from them before on the field? If so you are with the right club, if not find a new one.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
nxt=mediocre teams
nxt=mediocre coaching
nxt=mediocre uniforms
nxt=really hip cool office building