BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 34 1 2 3 4 33 34
Re: Girls 2023 - 7th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
At the same time, you are admitting that the difference in that game was a failed stick check...not the teams. They are basically equal on the field. You just made that clear.

Haha you're funny! A failed stick check is the least of Thorn's worries. The game would have been lost either way. YJA is just not as good....which is why they lost! Next year will be worse.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are making it seem that Igloo is unbeatable, They have 1 exceptional kid and a few other talented players. TG beat them and also lost to them. Plus igloo has not traveled to big tourneys to play NJ and MD top teams

Yeah, that is funny. So the usual balance would be YJ at any age group would attrack 6-8 of the top 10 kids on the island. Now you have them spread out with 2-4 on several different teams. This is why LI can't compete with MD teams at this age group. I saw all three of these teams play this weekend and not one of them has a full strong line up. All had multiple glaring holes, even on the starting lines. I like the idea of balance and options of multiple clubs, but it is at the expense of Long Island lax representing. You all should get together and pick one club and all go there, starting to get embarrassing for LI.

1 exceptional kid, just like YJ 2023 "A" team

Who's that? Your daughter? A few strong players....no one standout, sorry dad.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]You are making it seem that Igloo is unbeatable, They have 1 exceptional kid and a few other talented players. TG beat them and also lost to them. Plus igloo has not traveled to big tourneys to play NJ and MD top teams

Yeah, that is funny. So the usual balance would be YJ at any age group would attrack 6-8 of the top 10 kids on the island. Now you have them spread out with 2-4 on several different teams. This is why LI can't compete with MD teams at this age group. I saw all three of these teams play this weekend and not one of them has a full strong line up. All had multiple glaring holes, even on the starting lines. I like the idea of balance and options of multiple clubs, but it is at the expense of Long Island lax representing. You all should get together and pick one club and all go there, starting to get embarrassing for LI.

Jealous much. That's why she doesn't come off the field.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]Jesters is $65 for two rounds of tryouts. And $1050
For the summer season. That includes winter training indoors. Anyone else care to share? That's what this forum is for.

The Jesters are a town team.

Surprising the better girls haven't left and gone to club that can get them some exposure.

Please pump the brakes on the exposure talk

Recruiting rules have change
You will NOT see little Debbie signing with Maryland in middle school anymore [/quote

EDIT

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]You are making it seem that Igloo is unbeatable, They have 1 exceptional kid and a few other talented players. TG beat them and also lost to them. Plus igloo has not traveled to big tourneys to play NJ and MD top teams

Nope, don't need to be, but that's why everyone hates you. And with being on the field the whole game, if she's that good she would have got the job done. Instead, YJ has dropped down to #3 on LI. The club really could use some fresh players and coaches.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nope, don't need to be, but that's why everyone hates you. And with being on the field the whole game, if she's that good she would have got the job done. Instead, YJ has dropped down to #3 on LI. The club really could use some fresh players and coaches.

and parents.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Igloo went to Virginia for the US Lacrosse Nationals and won the championship. So they are venturing out to out-of-state tournaments. They are a fairly new club.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=ALCJCGAFG]Igloo went to Virginia for the US Lacrosse Nationals and won the championship. So they are venturing out to out-of-state tournaments. They are a fairly new club.

Igloo parents were sold on the premise that the club wouldn't travel off Long Island now they are. Clubs she be more upfront with parents.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Jesters is $65 for two rounds of tryouts. And $1050
For the summer season. That includes winter training indoors. Anyone else care to share? That's what this forum is for.

Jesters are a B level travel team with a majority of the team from Massapequa.

B- and even lower in the younger grades

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Jesters is $65 for two rounds of tryouts. And $1050

Jesters are a B level travel team with a majority of the team from Massapequa.

B- and even lower in the younger grades

Please stay on topic and continue to bash YJ Thorn/Jackoffalone. Thank you.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I saw that Jesters team play our NXT team week before Nationals in Pa and I felt they were a tougher team then TG and YJ. We handled TG whereas that Jester team had us beat. Igloo outplayed us though!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ 2023 "A" is in desperate for a coaching change. Lack of good coaching is apparent. Now we have a 3 year track record of poor coaching. Especially from the assistant coach (or is he the head coach). Definitely does not know the game of lacrosse. Has all that talent and he craps the bed every year.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
I think they were looking for more competition, which there isn't a lot of on Long Island. Playing teams from Maryland is much more challenging. Top Guns and Igloo can't keep playing each. Lol

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ 2023 "A" is in desperate for a coaching change. Lack of good coaching is apparent. Now we have a 3 year track record of poor coaching. Especially from the assistant coach (or is he the head coach). Definitely does not know the game of lacrosse. Has all that talent and he craps the bed every year.

Let's see if they shake it up this year although I doubt it. CR 's making approx 42K per team with a roster of 24. Multiply that by 26 teams to get a grand total of $1,092,000. Thats not counting indoor and all the other stuff. It's really an embarrassment. You would think if you were making that kind of money you would be scared of ruining your brand. Guess not.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Let's see if they shake it up this year although I doubt it. CR 's making approx 42K per team with a roster of 24. Multiply that by 26 teams to get a grand total of $1,092,000. Thats not counting indoor and all the other stuff. It's really an embarrassment. You would think if you were making that kind of money you would be scared of ruining your brand. Guess not.

Problem is if CR was to make a sudden stop she'd have to pry Thorns head out of her [lacrosse]. I'd bet Giaccalone's life would be better if Thorn just did her job. He can't be having fun doing all the work and getting all the blame for failures.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your joking right ? TG got smashed in Lax for the Cure by all Maryland Teams that YJ beat, and now you act as if you're the best team in the country getting third place after stalling for 20 minutes and calling for a referee stick check during a time out against a "terrible" YJ team at NATIONALS . Get real . Igloo is a good squad however they haven't proven themselves against any Maryland teams yet or any very good New Jersey teams that matter. I think they would do well however will we ever find out. The TG camp hates YJ so much that they overlook the fact that lacrosse teams from anywhere don't respect your program , because you're happy with mediocrity. If my kid won a 3rd place medal I'd have her throw it out on the way to the parking lot. Moral victories are your gold medals.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Your joking right ? TG got smashed in Lax for the Cure by all Maryland Teams that YJ beat, and now you act as if you're the best team in the country getting third place after stalling for 20 minutes and calling for a referee stick check during a time out against a "terrible" YJ team at NATIONALS . Get real . Igloo is a good squad however they haven't proven themselves against any Maryland teams yet or any very good New Jersey teams that matter. I think they would do well however will we ever find out. The TG camp hates YJ so much that they overlook the fact that lacrosse teams from anywhere don't respect your program , because you're happy with mediocrity. If my kid won a 3rd place medal I'd have her throw it out on the way to the parking lot. Moral victories are your gold medals.

What did you do with your 4th place medal? Hopefully Cr doesn't hide the 23's in Delaware or Laxin out loud again. The mid Atlantic summer championship would be a more suitable tournament for a team everyone respects like YJ.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can anyone share info on Empire or Elevate?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your joking right ? TG got smashed in Lax for the Cure by all Maryland Teams that YJ beat, and now you act as if you're the best team in the country getting third place after stalling for 20 minutes and calling for a referee stick check during a time out against a "terrible" YJ team at NATIONALS . Get real . Igloo is a good squad however they haven't proven themselves against any Maryland teams yet or any very good New Jersey teams that matter. I think they would do well however will we ever find out. The TG camp hates YJ so much that they overlook the fact that lacrosse teams from anywhere don't respect your program , because you're happy with mediocrity. If my kid won a 3rd place medal I'd have her throw it out on the way to the parking lot. Moral victories are your gold medals.

Damn, you need a vacation, dude.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Your joking right ? TG got smashed in Lax for the Cure by all Maryland Teams that YJ beat, and now you act as if you're the best team in the country getting third place after stalling for 20 minutes and calling for a referee stick check during a time out against a "terrible" YJ team at NATIONALS . Get real . Igloo is a good squad however they haven't proven themselves against any Maryland teams yet or any very good New Jersey teams that matter. I think they would do well however will we ever find out. The TG camp hates YJ so much that they overlook the fact that lacrosse teams from anywhere don't respect your program , because you're happy with mediocrity. If my kid won a 3rd place medal I'd have her throw it out on the way to the parking lot. Moral victories are your gold medals.

Don't let facts get in the way of your angry post. TG got smashed in Lax for the Cure? They lost by 1 goal to MD United in a time shortened game. They lost to Monster( YJ didn't play them) yes it was an impressive win by this YJ group their only one all summer. In Lax for the Cure it was slightly tainted playing in a B bracket ( Wright played in the A bracket) walking into the playoffs and winning playoff games that looked like hockey scores. Teams don't respect this team ? They beat most of the Maryland teams at least once (they did not face Hero's ). Igloo spanked you twice. And now your angry that your the 3rd best team on Long Island. The YJ aren't a "terrible team" they just have parents like you that bring the program down.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What did you do with your 4th place medal? Hopefully Cr doesn't hide the 23's in Delaware or Laxin out loud again. The mid Atlantic summer championship would be a more suitable tournament for a team everyone respects like YJ.

Oh, she'll hide the A team again! She knows they can't compete in more that one game per day. All the work goes to 1 girl and when she is gassed, it's over. CR is stuck with a lousy Asst. coach (scared to get rid of him) who is the boss of the Head coach in real life. Nothing will change on A and 2023 will continue to under perform. What she needs is a qualified A coach, a legitimate tryout/evaluation where the actual A coach pays attention during the tryout (unlike last year which everyone saw, what an embarrassment,) and some BALLS to make a change (which won't happen). 2023 is doomed to me mediocre. "A" coaches should have been relieved of their jobs last year after their tryout behavior.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow, YJ are a bunch of cry babies! So mad that you can't even win against the other LI teams that you a re now trying to belittle the teams that BEAT you fair and square, Jealousy in an unbecoming trait, and you are glowing green right now!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I really do hope CR looks closely at the 2023 situation. It isn't fair for anyone involved. Having 1 egotistical man personally manipulate the coach, parents, CR and the 2023 rosters is just absolutely wrong on so many levels. Its unethical. Everyone knows what is going on and how it is allowed to continue is beyond me. He's a bully and knows nothing about lacrosse developing players and coaching.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I really do hope CR looks closely at the 2023 situation. It isn't fair for anyone involved. Having 1 egotistical man personally manipulate the coach, parents, CR and the 2023 rosters is just absolutely wrong on so many levels. Its unethical. Everyone knows what is going on and how it is allowed to continue is beyond me. He's a bully and knows nothing about lacrosse developing players and coaching.

Or you can just leave, lots of great options where girls are happy, getting better, and beating YJ. Seems like a no brainer!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Or you can just leave, lots of great options where girls are happy, getting better, and beating YJ. Seems like a no brainer!

This is true and we are looking at other options certainly.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don't just look ,go, you sound like a loser.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Actually, that would be you (loser=lost, to both TG and Igloo). Your team stinks and is getting worse. I'd be embarrassed to walk around in all that YJ apparel you purchased. We're all laughing at you!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]I really do hope CR looks closely at the 2023 situation. It isn't fair for anyone involved. Having 1 egotistical man personally manipulate the coach, parents, CR and the 2023 rosters is just absolutely wrong on so many levels. Its unethical. Everyone knows what is going on and how it is allowed to continue is beyond me. He's a bully and knows nothing about lacrosse developing players and coaching.

The coach is doing the best he can with the talent he has. This team will improve they need to add talent and lower the girls that aren't playing they can develop on Wright's team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The reason no one has been recruited from Igloo girls is because the oldest girls team is 2021. Give them a break.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]I really do hope CR looks closely at the 2023 situation. It isn't fair for anyone involved. Having 1 egotistical man personally manipulate the coach, parents, CR and the 2023 rosters is just absolutely wrong on so many levels. Its unethical. Everyone knows what is going on and how it is allowed to continue is beyond me. He's a bully and knows nothing about lacrosse developing players and coaching.

The coach is doing the best he can with the talent he has. This team will improve they need to add talent and lower the girls that aren't playing they can develop on Wright's team.

GENIUS, the head coach is a "her"not a "he". "He" is not doing the best with what he has. "He" has more than any other team at that age group. "He" does not use them effectively because "he" has no lacrosse IQ and has proven it the past 3 years. If "he" had a lacrosse IQ "he" would be the head coach. Reason "he" is not is because "HE" lacks any type of lacrosse credentials. Plain and simple, "HE" does not know the game. Can you imagine if CR named him head coach? People would run for the hills,and they are running. YJ 2023 losing more talent every year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The reason no one has been recruited from Igloo girls is because the oldest girls team is 2021. Give them a break.

That's kind of the point , some of the better players will leave to go to YJ knowing that they have a history of their better players essentially going wherever they want year after year while who knows with igloo.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

lol....why this team is a joke and a half... nice response....not the sharpest tool in the shed....the parents are the worst ...absolutely CR should look and see what she has representing her brand....ha! just look at the behavior on the sidelines. look what the parents are doing...look how they treat their kids and the players and each other..horrendous!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's kind of the point , some of the better players will leave to go to YJ knowing that they have a history of their better players essentially going wherever they want year after year while who knows with igloo.

News flash: no good 2023 player is going to YJ, the good players have left/ are leaving because they are not developing due to the mess the team is. Do you really have your head buried that far in the sand that you don't see what's going on. A shame

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]The reason no one has been recruited from Igloo girls is because the oldest girls team is 2021. Give them a break.

Igloo didn't send their 2021 or 2022 teams to the National Championship. If they are not even attending competitive tournaments how would you expect these girls to get recruited. You may as well just play for your school team for the same amount of exposure or go to a club that gives you an opportunity to be seen.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The "Good" players have left, the "Very Good" players still remain. Thise that were frustrated they didn't make the team 2 years ago left to the start up Leg. A very good player went to TG. 2 Excellent players from Comswogue were added to YJ and the team was just as good as TG & Igloo. The TEAM is doing just fine. The negative posts are coming from those NOT on the team trying to stir the Pot. We will be just great playing on a top team (ALL have agreed top 3 on LI, even if YJ Was always #1). Our 2023 YJA Family is all together despite the BS reports that we are not. We look forward to the Fall tournaments and numerous upcoming events. "Good " players will go elsewhere, "Very Good/Exceptional" players WILL play on YJA. A FACT that NONE of your opinions can change. You will keep responding with your negative energy. We will continue to grow.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

lol....why this team is a joke and a half... nice response....not the sharpest tool in the shed....the parents are the worst ...absolutely CR should look and see what she has representing her brand....ha! just look at the behavior on the sidelines. look what the parents are doing...look how they treat their kids and the players and each other..horrendous!!

News flash. That is almost every YJ team. Even if they're winning the parents aren't happy. We can't take the toxic environment and have moved on. It's a team sport. Most YJ teams are toxic.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]The reason no one has been recruited from Igloo girls is because the oldest girls team is 2021. Give them a break.

News flash: no good 2023 player is going to YJ, the good players have left/ are leaving because they are not developing due to the mess the team is. Do you really have your head buried that far in the sand that you don't see what's going on. A shame

The sky isn't falling. YJ is the top brand and the tryouts will be filled with girls hoping to have the opportunity to play in this club. My guess is at least 3 2023 teams. You may have a couple of girls that leave the blue or gold team for greener pastures but they'll be replaced.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Will the YJ have a 3rd team for next season?

No, no one wants to play for YJ in this age group. They won't have enough players to make a third team. Everyone is flocking to other programs due to the incompetence of the coaching on their A team. I do hear very good things about coach Wright however she is the B coach. She does develop players but your child has to get on that team if you are lucky. If you are on A you sit the bench if you are not a friend or family of the coach and his assistant. A lot of nepotism and favoritism. Better experiences elsewhere

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is getting a little unhealthy for some of you.

I think we got it.

1. You do not like SG
2. You do not like BT
3. You do not like YJ and CR
4. The YJ 2023 girls are not good
5. The current 2023 YJ girls are leaving for better clubs
6. Igloo and TG beat YJ this year at Nationals.
7. Your daughter left YJ and you and your couldn't be happier.
8. The parents on 2023 YJ are the worst.

Take a break from BOC enjoy the rest of your summer with your daughter take a step back from girls youth travel lacrosse. I wish all the Long Island teams the best of luck next year. Hopefully we get to play again next year and continue a nice rivalry between the local clubs without the BOC nonsense.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

yes good lacrosse players are assigned a bench seat. they train but don't play in the games. big speeches about playing to win but we don't win. Its a joke..this is where 2023 YJ is really doing a number on their reputation. The fact that people left and are leaving speaks volumes

Page 2 of 34 1 2 3 4 33 34

Link Copied to Clipboard