BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,586
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 48 1 2 3 47 48
Boys 2025 - 5th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
TM@BOTC Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
It's the start of the Fall 2017/Summer 2018 season. Use this thread for your posts regarding this age group

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Boys 2025 - 5th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Any input on strong travel teams for the fall?
When do they announce coaches, Express, 91,or
Geese? Who is the best bang for your buck?

Here is my take:

Express - solid coaching with Channy at the helm. Very large team and playing time is limited if you're not on the first or second line. The first line gets all the love in games, 2nd line plays when they need a break and no one else sees the field. Nothing wrong with that as long as you know it going in and your kid is good enough to break into the top lines.

91 - train wreck last year for a variety of reasons, mostly related to the HC who is now gone. The 91 organization is making a major investment in coaching resources to right the ship. I see a lot of opportunities here as 91 is looking to shake things up and get back on track.

Geese - solid team that upgraded players last year putting them on top. Good coaching. I doubt much will change and any new player will really have to stand out at tryouts to make an impression. If it ain't broke don't fix it and Geese doesn't have much to fix.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous

Here is my take:

Express - solid coaching with Channy at the helm. Very large team and playing time is limited if you're not on the first or second line. The first line gets all the love in games, 2nd line plays when they need a break and no one else sees the field. Nothing wrong with that as long as you know it going in and your kid is good enough to break into the top lines.

91 - train wreck last year for a variety of reasons, mostly related to the HC who is now gone. The 91 organization is making a major investment in coaching resources to right the ship. I see a lot of opportunities here as 91 is looking to shake things up and get back on track.

Geese - solid team that upgraded players last year putting them on top. Good coaching. I doubt much will change and any new player will really have to stand out at tryouts to make an impression. If it ain't broke don't fix it and Geese doesn't have much to fix.

Just want to dispute the "if it ain't broke" line. If you don't change a couple of kids each year, then you get passed by. If it ain't broke, you still gotta fix it. No matter what team it is.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just take a look at 9d1's record last year and they can hardly be called a "train wreck". They also played Box all winter and had an awesome record. The new head coach, O'keefe along with Gillis and Mule will provide a stable environment for a great bunch of kids who are a strong core which has played together for 3 years. New facility being readied for the fall for practice for all teams. They don't keep 28-30 kids to have 15 of them keeping the bench warm either. Definitely a team worth taking a look at for learning great skills, conditioning, and team work.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just take a look at 9d1's record last year and they can hardly be called a "train wreck". They also played Box all winter and had an awesome record. The new head coach, O'keefe along with Gillis and Mule will provide a stable environment for a great bunch of kids who are a strong core which has played together for 3 years. New facility being readied for the fall for practice for all teams. They don't keep 28-30 kids to have 15 of them keeping the bench warm either. Definitely a team worth taking a look at for learning great skills, conditioning, and team work.

You can no go collect your fee for posting on behalf of Team 9d1 . . .

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Here is my take:

All those teams are good. And at this age there is a lot of teams still building and need new faces to improve. And my guess is 9! will likely add, Geese like any team will look to add, and Express will always adds. That's why they are doing the top team and an i between team. It seems these special arrangement teams never last more than a season. Maybe this one does. But it is only successful building a second team from bottom and moving up. Not the top and moving down. Parent egos cant process it and move on. And it usually takes commitment from the parents and coaches. 9! Warriors at the 2023 level is a prime example of a successful 2nd team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rankings going into 17-18

1 Mixed Nuts
2 Geese
3 Channy
4 Blast
5 ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are correct: it is a "NO GO" for me with 9d1. Just an observer who is sharing an opinion. It appears you think your opinion is the only one that counts. Only time will tell!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Here is my take:

All those teams are good. And at this age there is a lot of teams still building and need new faces to improve. And my guess is 9! will likely add, Geese like any team will look to add, and Express will always adds. That's why they are doing the top team and an i between team. It seems these special arrangement teams never last more than a season. Maybe this one does. But it is only successful building a second team from bottom and moving up. Not the top and moving down. Parent egos cant process it and move on. And it usually takes commitment from the parents and coaches. 9! Warriors at the 2023 level is a prime example of a successful 2nd team.

Geese are trimming down the size of the team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Here is my take:

Momma Goose had enough it seems

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Here is my take:

Momma Goose had enough it seems

It means a kid will have to stand on his head at tryouts to break into a team looking to trim numbers already. When you consider pre-tyrouts where some kids may already have a spot that arent on the team this year it will make it even harder.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1 Mixed Nuts
2 Geese
3 Channy
4 Blast
5 ?

Please stop with the Mixed Nuts crap already.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1 Mixed Nuts
2 Geese
3 Channy
4 Blast
5 ?

Best kids, best parents, worst gear!!!!! Lmao!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1 Mixed Nuts
2 Geese
3 Channy
4 Blast
5 ?

Undefeated!! Don't be a hater.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Because you played in B tourneys.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Tell that to Channy, And lighten up and learn to laugh a little.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They beat Channy back to back. Channy a B team? Haters gonna hate!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If your kid is good and hasn't played for a travel team before, go to 91 tryouts. Probably the most opportunity for spots with the most potential for improvement. Just my two cents. Good luck!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Then why are you bragging about beating a B team, Mr lax?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Football is here now, its funny how some adults can't get enough of this shoot. Let it go already. It's over now.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Notice the question mark? Moron.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Cause he hid his B level kid with a bunch of borrowed A players to win a championship and thinks that makes his kid good at lacrosse. He's not.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If your kid is good and hasn't played for a travel team before, go to 91 tryouts. Probably the most opportunity for spots with the most potential for improvement. Just my two cents. Good luck!

Another club [lacrosse]...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Notice the question mark? Moron.

Lol, name calling. Enjoy, coach.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1 Mixed Nuts
2 Geese
3 Channy
4 Blast
5 ?

Mix Nuts coaches should be the new coaches of 9D1. They are great at what they do, and their kids are studs!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
24 Major upgrades

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1 Mixed Nuts
2 Geese
3 Channy
4 Blast
5 ?

Mix Nuts coaches should be the new coaches of 9D1. They are great at what they do, and their kids are studs!!

More like Phil Jackson. Won with Jordan and Kobe. Put together a "non studs" and then measure their greatness.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
24 Major upgrades

Like what?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
24 Major upgrades

I heard they lost some good kids. I also noticed the turnout at the tryouts were weak so I doubt major upgrades. Still a b team at best

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
24 Major upgrades

Thanks Nick

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Prices are getting ridiculous with these club teams , money grab.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Prices are getting ridiculous with these club teams , money grab.

Mass post across boards . . . ugh!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Here is my take:

What do you mean an inbetween team? Will Express have an A, B & C team? Any other clubs doing this?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hitmen 2025 is going to be the dark horse in this age group. This team will surprise people.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hitmen 2025 is going to be the dark horse in this age group. This team will surprise people.

All teams that are good in the smaller clubs have a retention problem. Your best kids will eventually leave. That's why we have prices going up when the market is saturated with teams. Parents pay for the top clubs when they see what extra money buys them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They can't even beat town teams and that's even when they have help from the 9d1 kids. They should just fold the hitmen program up. What a joke. Talk about waste of money.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They can't even beat town teams and that's even when they have help from the 9d1 kids. They should just fold the hitmen program up. What a joke. Talk about waste of money.

Sounds like you were just cut from the tryouts... Only town team that team lost to last year was an Islip team that can beat most teams that age.

Those players from 9d1 have played on that team before they were with the other one and only play lacrosse so they do multiple teams. I wouldn't put my kid through that but they do.

This team will be the dark horse of B not A...if anything.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There's a lot of money grabs out there that don't put a good product out. Especially B teams I know some B teams from big companies can beat a town team. Legacyyy charged there teams extra $125 a tournament sometimes $250 for 2. For a $1000 tournament where's the extra money go ??? MONEY GRAB !! Go outside Long Island tryouts are $40 $50 bucks .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Getting more expensive than ice hockey where ice time is a lot of money.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sounds like you were just cut from the tryouts... Only town team that team lost to last year was an Islip team that can beat most teams that age.

Those players from 9d1 have played on that team before they were with the other one and only play lacrosse so they do multiple teams. I wouldn't put my kid through that but they do.

This team will be the dark horse of B not A...if anything.

You got that right Katy Perry!!

Page 1 of 48 1 2 3 47 48

Link Copied to Clipboard