BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,621
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Girls 2022 - 8th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
TM@BOTC Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
It's the start of the Fall 2017/Summer 2018 season. Use this thread for your posts regarding this age group

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Girls 2022 - 8th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
heros moved tryouts to a week earlier than all other clubs. Now they are also holding a pre tryout prior to next week? What gives? We live in MoCo and my daughter is signed up for tryouts But she can't be there tomorrow.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
heros moved tryouts to a week earlier than all other clubs. Now they are also holding a pre tryout prior to next week? What gives? We live in MoCo and my daughter is signed up for tryouts But she can't be there tomorrow.
do your self a favor and send your kid to MC Elite

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tomorrow is optional, does not matter. Plus 98% of that team is set. Very little if any are expected to leave, and few leave other teams to join Heros.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Trying to beat M&D and Skywalkers!! Lock up the talent before they go elsewhere.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Pre Tryout is just a one day camp, run by Finish Line Lacrosse, for anyone who wants to sharpen up prior to tryouts. It is not required and/or not needed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They are holding a pre tryout clinic for every youth team except their strongest ( 2023 ). What does that tell you ? They are trying to scout / pluck talent . And must feel like they need help at 2022.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tomorrow is optional, does not matter. Plus 98% of that team is set. Very little if any are expected to leave, and few leave other teams to join Heros.

LOL

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LOL

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Or Rebels. Never mind - Rebels had their tryouts a few weeks back.
MC Elite's tryouts are the week after Hero's.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Rebels? That's funny.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If they're good at faking injuries to waste time on a running clock when they're up by less than 2 goals, try out for m&d

Rebels? That's funny.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If they're good at faking injuries to waste time on a running clock when they're up by less than 2 goals, try out for m&d

Do you need more straws?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what was the record MnD vs Heros head to head this season?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what was the record MnD vs Heros head to head this season?

4-1-1 edge to M&D

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hero's did win the NGLL league!! I feel like that means a lot more since its a full 45 minute championship game

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hero's did win the NGLL league!! I feel like that means a lot more since its a full 45 minute championship game

It counts as 1 in the 4-1-1. All but 1 of the 4 wins for M&D were full games. And Hero's backed into the Championship in that one after a full game loss to M&D in pool play. Need more straws ? Or more Pre Tryout clinics ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Merger between API and MD United announced today. While neither are relevant, it still provides an indoor facility for MD United, perhaps even additional teams. All new teams will be called "south", as that is where their talent pool is going.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Merger between API and MD United announced today. While neither are relevant, it still provides an indoor facility for MD United, perhaps even additional teams. All new teams will be called "south", as that is where their talent pool is going.

What happened to the API and Hero's merge?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is a great thing for both programs. It will be interesting to see how competitive they become.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What happened to the API and Hero's merge?
there was never a merger with heros

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It counts as 1 in the 4-1-1. All but 1 of the 4 wins for M&D were full games. And Hero's backed into the Championship in that one after a full game loss to M&D in pool play. Need more straws ? Or more Pre Tryout clinics ?

M and D are nothin' but a bunch of floppers! The coaches daughter is good, but is full of drama. Almost as much drama as the coaches have towards the officials during a call they think should go their way. Good team, GREAT DRAMA, and have 2-3 threats rather than play team ball. That will be exposed during their HS stint.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

M and D are nothin' but a bunch of floppers! The coaches daughter is good, but is full of drama. Almost as much drama as the coaches have towards the officials during a call they think should go their way. Good team, GREAT DRAMA, and have 2-3 threats rather than play team ball. That will be exposed during their HS stint.

My daughter's team has played M&D too many times to count. Her team likes to play them because it's always competitive and hard fought. They are a good team with bench depth, not just 2-3 threats, and play great team ball. The coach's daughter is good, but is no more full of drama than 80% of the girls playing this sport. Have you never watched a college game? Drama is part of the game. Their coaches have never been out of line during games I've witnessed. My daughter's coach is a bump on a log, and the asst coach is a mute. I would much rather have a passionate coach who is into the game and paying attention to what is going on than what my daughter has now. I hate to rain on your sour parade, but you must have an axe to grind.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My daughter's team has played M&D too many times to count. Her team likes to play them because it's always competitive and hard fought. They are a good team with bench depth, not just 2-3 threats, and play great team ball. The coach's daughter is good, but is no more full of drama than 80% of the girls playing this sport. Have you never watched a college game? Drama is part of the game. Their coaches have never been out of line during games I've witnessed. My daughter's coach is a bump on a log, and the asst coach is a mute. I would much rather have a passionate coach who is into the game and paying attention to what is going on than what my daughter has now. I hate to rain on your sour parade, but you must have an axe to grind.

Whatever you say, M&D dad.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

See, you really do know nothing. I'm actually a Redshirts dad.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Then you really can't say anything. Lmao

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Be more specific please. Are you talking about the daughter of the assistant coach or main coach?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Then you really can't say anything. Lmao

Don't go bragging about that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well, you must be a joy to deal with

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes my daughter's team has played m&d several times. The parents dont stop complaining the entire time. I guess they feel they must constanly attack other team's players and refs. The coaches need to have a talk with them,but with the coaches doing the same thing, that wont happen. Daddy ball at it's finest or shall i say worst

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes my daughter's team has played m&d several times. The parents dont stop complaining the entire time. I guess they feel they must constanly attack other team's players and refs. The coaches need to have a talk with them,but with the coaches doing the same thing, that wont happen. Daddy ball at it's finest or shall i say worst

Let's break down this daddy ball. Heroes- two dad coaches and a sister coach. Both players dont come off the field. MnD- two parent coaches, one whose player doesn't play much, and the other player who plays when not faking injuries. TLC- can't even keep up with their coaches because they change so frequently. Red shirts- club director coaches the team and his daughter never leaves the field. Skywalkers is the only competitive team with no parent coaching.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Let's break down this daddy ball. Heroes- two dad coaches and a sister coach. Both players dont come off the field. MnD- two parent coaches, one whose player doesn't play much, and the other player who plays when not faking injuries. TLC- can't even keep up with their coaches because they change so frequently. Red shirts- club director coaches the team and his daughter never leaves the field. Skywalkers is the only competitive team with no parent coaching.

In all fairness to the one heros coach his daughter is the goalie and the only goalie, so it would be kind of stupid to take her off the field.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BAH HAAAA!

In all fairness to the one heros coach his daughter is the goalie and the only goalie, so it would be kind of stupid to take her off the field.

BAHAAAAA!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes my daughter's team has played m&d several times. The parents dont stop complaining the entire time. I guess they feel they must constanly attack other team's players and refs. The coaches need to have a talk with them,but with the coaches doing the same thing, that wont happen. Daddy ball at it's finest or shall i say worst [/quote]

[/quote]
In all fairness to the one heros coach his daughter is the goalie and the only goalie, so it would be kind of stupid to take her off the field.[/quote]

BAHAAAAA![/quote]

That's hilarious!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Part of the reason I left our local rec and parks and switched to club was to get away from the "daddy ball" and "friends of the age group coordinators make the teams" bullsh&t. Now I am seeing the same things at clubs that are charging a ton of money. Parent coaches and/or assistant coaches are coaching these so called "elite" club teams. Part of me thinks we should all go back to rec and pay way less money to watch little Suzie make a team and/or get playing time when there's other better/stronger players.

M&D is supposed to be the top (or one of the top 3) clubs around and their teams are full of parent coaches

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This issue seems to be heard all across these threads, it's either Daddy Coaches who favor their own kid or College Player Coaches staring at their phones...
Im not sure what the answer is but I keep shelling out the dough for her to be part of an elite team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/quote]
In all fairness to the one heros coach his daughter is the goalie and the only goalie, so it would be kind of stupid to take her off the field.[/quote]

BAHAAAAA![/quote]

That's hilarious!! [/quote]

What a tool!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This issue seems to be heard all across these threads, it's either Daddy Coaches who favor their own kid or College Player Coaches staring at their phones...
Im not sure what the answer is but I keep shelling out the dough for her to be part of an elite team

It's not always a bad thing to have a parent coach.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't always think parent coaches are bad either as long as they are fair and honest about the players on the teams. And if a parent coach has a daughter that is strong then by all means have her play alot. I'm just wondering if parents can be completely objective when their own child is involved. And can they be objective when their daughter's friends are involved. And can they be objective when recruiting starts and there's alot at stake. Maybe they can ?? Who knows ??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't always think parent coaches are bad either as long as they are fair and honest about the players on the teams. And if a parent coach has a daughter that is strong then by all means have her play alot. I'm just wondering if parents can be completely objective when their own child is involved. And can they be objective when their daughter's friends are involved. And can they be objective when recruiting starts and there's alot at stake. Maybe they can ?? Who knows ??

Everyone's experience will be different. My daughter has parent coaches and she is happy.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard