BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,579
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 85 1 2 3 4 84 85
Re: Boys 2023 - 7th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Confused, are you speaking to the families that left for Express A, Express B, Igloo A or Igloo B - issue is resolved, best advice, just be quiet.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
TB Dads are not on here talking garbage, its the same d-bag Dad from Express A

Why would someone from Express A bother with True Blue.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why would someone from Express A bother with True Blue.

Exactly Express Dad typical pompous jerkoff remark. Most teams can be good with a bunch of holdbacks and 2022 players on it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
can someone provide some input as far as coaches go for these teams. are they invested and put the time in, good with the kids? good environment/families? i know throwing questions out like this can easily sink into a cesspool but i'd appreciate genuine feedback. i've heard some info from people i've spoken to but would appreciate more background.

recon (both teams)
hitmen
icon
bluefish

Not likely you will get many constructive answers. Here is what I Have observed or heard .

Recon-fairly "new". Both teams are fairly competitive and the parents I spoke to at a tourney seemed happy.
Hitmen- Not as competitive. Fly low on the radar. Don't hear much about them either
Icon- there older teams are very competitive. The 2023's seem to be inconsistent. There was a mad exodus of kids a year or 2 ago.
Bluefish- I didn't see them at many tourneys. I don't think it is an overly competitive team.

Woukd love for others to weigh in. Not sure they will because they aren't one of the top!

Hitmen and Recon tied a couple of times this past year. I believe both teams got solid talent at tryouts and both should be improving. Coaches for both teams are returning as well. Probably comes down to which practice facility are you closer too.

Icon not enough information

Bluefish - came out of the gate with a lot of teams their first year then all the younger teams started to look elsewhere. They still have younger teams but they're not competitive and often borrow kids from other teams. This depends on the team but I know the 2023 and 2022 team did this. Nothing wrong with it just stating facts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So I guess by now Igloo has sent out invites to all of their pre-tryout invitees Was there much turnover? Did they land the lefty attackam they were after? Will it be another year of daddy ball? Will coach Leprechaun still be forcing the offense through his kid?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has anyone heard anything after the Outlaws tryout?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So I guess by now Igloo has sent out invites to all of their pre-tryout invitees Was there much turnover? Did they land the lefty attackam they were after? Will it be another year of daddy ball? Will coach Leprechaun still be forcing the offense through his kid?

Yes, a lot of kids got bumped to "B". The holdbacks stay under the cover as a 2023 grad year, and yes daddy ball remains.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

tryouts were last night. why would we know?
stupid post

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Like what? The weather. Come on dude! Has anyone ever within hours of a tryout. If your asking how they were, you should have been there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, a lot of kids got bumped to "B". The holdbacks stay under the cover as a 2023 grad year, and yes daddy ball remains.

What a bunch of whiney grown men!!! Let me state I am not with igloo but have watched them play against my son quite a few times and they are a well coached, very disciplined bunch of talented kids. And parents who have tons of class on the sidelines...unlike most of you on here.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What a bunch of whiney grown men!!! Let me state I am not with igloo but have watched them play against my son quite a few times and they are a well coached, very disciplined bunch of talented kids. And parents who have tons of class on the sidelines...unlike most of you on here.

stay off of BOTC Mrs Baldy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

by offense you mean the binder full of plays he calls? that the way lacrosse is played right with a binder of laminated plays every time down the field? Or maybe I'm just stupid and confused igloo for a football team instead of a lacrosse team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your life must blow if your down to trolling some team your kid can't make.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Icon '23 coach is Pat Mcabe, he is also the director of the Icon program. Look him up, u would b hard pressed to find a better coach around. Multiple National championships as a player and coach, US Lacrosse hall of fame, team USA .........etc.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
can someone provide some input as far as coaches go for these teams. are they invested and put the time in, good with the kids? good environment/families? i know throwing questions out like this can easily sink into a cesspool but i'd appreciate genuine feedback. i've heard some info from people i've spoken to but would appreciate more background.

recon (both teams)
hitmen
icon
bluefish

Not likely you will get many constructive answers. Here is what I Have observed or heard .

Recon-fairly "new". Both teams are fairly competitive and the parents I spoke to at a tourney seemed happy.
Hitmen- Not as competitive. Fly low on the radar. Don't hear much about them either
Icon- there older teams are very competitive. The 2023's seem to be inconsistent. There was a mad exodus of kids a year or 2 ago.
Bluefish- I didn't see them at many tourneys. I don't think it is an overly competitive team.

Woukd love for others to weigh in. Not sure they will because they aren't one of the top!

Hitmen and Recon tied a couple of times this past year. I believe both teams got solid talent at tryouts and both should be improving. Coaches for both teams are returning as well. Probably comes down to which practice facility are you closer too.

Bluefish - came out of the gate with a lot of teams their first year then all the younger teams started to look elsewhere. They still have younger teams but they're not competitive and often borrow kids from other teams. This depends on the team but I know the 2023 and 2022 team did this. Nothing wrong with it just stating facts.

Recon A team never played Hitmen, it was their B team that they tied, Recon A is a much better team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

by offense you mean the binder full of plays he calls? that the way lacrosse is played right with a binder of laminated plays every time down the field? Or maybe I'm just stupid and confused igloo for a football team instead of a lacrosse team.

Stupid definitely! Sprinkle in some sad well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They were looking for a righty, and from what I saw there were a bunch at tryouts. I'm sure they got one, but none were noticeably better than what they had. Definitely no difference makers. I guess we'll see.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Icon '23 coach is Pat Mcabe, he is also the director of the Icon program. Look him up, u would b hard pressed to find a better coach around. Multiple National championships as a player and coach, US Lacrosse hall of fame, team USA .........etc.

More accurate to say "you would be hard pressed to find him around". Sorry, it's the truth.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

recon (both teams)
hitmen
icon
bluefish

Recon A team never played Hitmen, it was their B team that they tied, Recon A is a much better team.

Out of these four its Recon without a doubt, they are very competitive, well coached, and the parents are down to earth.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your life must blow if your down to trolling some team your kid can't make.

We know a bunch of 13 year old's who can make the team for now, and a few who shouldn't be on the team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where does Recon practice and what towns are the players from that make up the team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

recon (both teams)
hitmen
icon
bluefish

I'd put both Outlaw teams in this mix. I don't know if Recon has ever played Outlaws select, but I'm sure Recon A would be the better of them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

More accurate to say "you would be hard pressed to find him around". Sorry, it's the truth.

Not 100% sure Pat will be returning as coach. No information on their website.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Outlaws beat Recon at Blatant last fall.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where does Recon practice and what towns are the players from that make up the team.

They used to practice in Plainview, Hicksville, and sometimes in Farmingdale, so central Nassau . . .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What a bunch of whiney grown men!!! Let me state I am not with igloo but have watched them play against my son quite a few times and they are a well coached, very disciplined bunch of talented kids. And parents who have tons of class on the sidelines...unlike most of you on here.[/quote]

Thanks Coach

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Shore 2 Shore- is that team set?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Shore 2 Shore- is that team set?

At this age I would think so. It was invite only when they started. Would be hard to start swapping out players now. So unless someone voluntarily leaves I woukd say it is a waste of time and money.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

recon (both teams)
hitmen
icon
bluefish

I'd put both Outlaw teams in this mix. I don't know if Recon has ever played Outlaws select, but I'm sure Recon A would be the better of them.

Lol the question wasn't who to put into a mix. They asked information about 4 programs. Nice try taking a shot at outlaws. Go Northstars!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Won't happen this year. The team is stacked, and ready. A few players coming over that puts us ahead this year. Watch out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Won't happen this year. The team is stacked, and ready. A few players coming over that puts us ahead this year. Watch out.

"Watch out." Lol

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The only thing with Recon is all the coaches kids are on the A team and in 7th grade I believe you need to earn your spot when you pay that kind of money . PAL I get but travel it's a whole mother ball game . A team =A player

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"Watch out." Lol

At least my girlfriend doesn't have a skull on her a$$!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"Watch out." Lol

Coming over from where?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They used to practice in Plainview, Hicksville, and sometimes in Farmingdale, so central Nassau . . .

How is the attack position at Recon?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"Watch out." Lol

At least my girlfriend doesn't have a skull on her a$$!

Pimples?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Excitied to See the talent At the Dukes tryouts tomorrow. Should be top notch

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They seem carry a lot of kids on both teams, and it appears a lot of them are attack too, but the starting Attack line on A team seems to be pretty solid.......
They could prob use another lefty or size though to round them off.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Excitied to See the talent At the Dukes tryouts tomorrow. Should be top notch

Expecting 100 kids for this grade

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]They seem carry a lot of kids on both teams, and it appears a lot of them are attack too, but the starting Attack line on A team seems to be pretty solid.......
They could prob use another lefty or size though to round them off.
[/quot

Recon did cut down the # of players from last year and I think they will do the same again, need better depth at attack position.

Page 2 of 85 1 2 3 4 84 85

Link Copied to Clipboard