BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Girls 2024 - 6th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
TM@BOTC Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
It's the start of the Fall 2017/Summer 2018 season. Use this thread for your posts regarding this age group

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Girls 2024 - 6th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is attending a "pre-tryout clinic " important if your kid wants to make a specific team? I have seen notices about several clubs offering them. Is it just a courtesy and to attract players, or will a player be at a disadvantage if they skip the clinic and just attend the tryouts?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Is attending a "pre-tryout clinic " important if your kid wants to make a specific team? I have seen notices about several clubs offering them. Is it just a courtesy and to attract players, or will a player be at a disadvantage if they skip the clinic and just attend the tryouts?
these 'pre-tryout' clinics are another money grab thing by heros.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
recruiting ploy!! trying to sucker you away from the M&Ds and Skywalkers.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The clinics are not a money grab. They are clearly a recruiting method; "ploy" is at best disingenuous. Just clubs trying to get players and parents to check things out and hopefully leave impressed. Not everything is sneaky or underhanded.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The clinics are not a money grab. They are clearly a recruiting method; "ploy" is at best disingenuous. Just clubs trying to get players and parents to check things out and hopefully leave impressed. Not everything is sneaky or underhanded.

How much does the pre tryout clinic cost?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
these 'pre-tryout' clinics are another money grab thing by heros.

HoCo flamingos also has a pre-tryout clinic. It's "invitation only" you have to know someone with the program.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I believe the Heros one is $20 for one session and the Hoco one is $25 for two sessions.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

HoCo flamingos also has a pre-tryout clinic. It's "invitation only" you have to know someone with the program. [/quote]

You can register anyone through the HOCO website. Not sure why they say "invitational".

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looking forward to seeing how the teams stack up after tryouts are done. Are most of the clubs playing the same fall tournaments, or will we have to wait until spring to see how they match up?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wouldn't be surprised M&D 24 playing up in the fall! That team is going to be loaded! Bring over the Redshirts top 3-4 players!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wouldn't be surprised M&D 24 playing up in the fall! That team is going to be loaded! Bring over the Redshirts top 3-4 players!!

OMG. 6th grade girls watch out. Loaded?! #getalife
Eat some more donuts

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tryout week! Good luck to all the 2024's!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

OMG. 6th grade girls watch out. Loaded?! #getalife
Eat some more donuts

THIS IS FUNNY... another shot at the fat man.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coppermine Lacrosse having 2 2024 teams. They are growing and improving with great leadership and facilities are outstanding.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any thoughts on the tryouts? I know there seemed to be good turnout at the ones we went to.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Also, is Redshirts having a 2024 team this year? I heard they were, but I kept seeing Redshirt girls at more than one tryout we went to.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rs will try to have a team. Email dk

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry if this is too novice for this group, but I have a coaching question. We are new to club lacrosse.

When you get assigned a coach at one of these clubs, it seems they move up with the girls. Is that all the way thru high school? Is there ever a time where a successful coach whose girls graduate (like the 2019 coaches now) would move down to a younger team and replace a coach? Just trying to see how much we should consider who the coach is and how likely that would be to change over the next few years. Really like lots of the coaches at one club, but just don't know much about the coach at my younger daughters age group.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry if this is too novice for this group, but I have a coaching question. We are new to club lacrosse.

When you get assigned a coach at one of these clubs, it seems they move up with the girls. Is that all the way thru high school? Is there ever a time where a successful coach whose girls graduate (like the 2019 coaches now) would move down to a younger team and replace a coach? Just trying to see how much we should consider who the coach is and how likely that would be to change over the next few years. Really like lots of the coaches at one club, but just don't know much about the coach at my younger daughters age group.

It depends. Usually as a team graduates that coach moves down to take over the new group of young girls. Coaches can get replaces if their teams aren't performing.

Top clubs will always have good coaches as the girls get close to high school and those coaches usually stay with them. Clubs are growing and they are starting younger teams so they can't always just move the graduating coaches down and have to bring in someone from outside.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coaching is the most important variable that people overlook when making a choice for their daughters for travel, especially when they are young. Some coaches play to win at all costs at 8 or 9 years old to keep their club name elite, which is great if your daughter is a top player. In my opinion, girls this age need to play, and play every position so they learn the game. Some elite programs have mostly great teams at some age groups, and some not so great at others. Some new programs one or two great teams, and cannot field teams at other years. Some girls play PAL since 3rd grade, and have a sense of the game in 5th grade. Other athletes are just learning the game in 5th grade, but can still develop by high school.

If your daughter is in 6th grade, she will most likely be playing travel lacrosse for six years - if she plays travel through the recruiting years in high school Coaching varies a great deal from organization to organization, and from team to team within an organization. If it's a parent coach, they will move up with their daughter each year. As long as their daughter plays, they will coach - and as long as the team stays competitive. If it's a college lacrosse player coach - which most are, she will stay with the team year after year until that coach might settle into her profession after they graduate and can no longer travel in the summer. You can't predict what a college graduate will do with their lives or where it might take them. Many high school coaches are affiliated with certain teams, so there is some stability there if they coach. As the girls get older, and are of recruiting age, the directors will become more involved with those age groups, because they will be a reliable source to guide these girls through the recruiting process.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks for the help! Any thoughts on playing time at this age? I know in rec it was everybody rotates and plays similar time. And with our older daughters age, they emphasize having the best girls on the field and to get more playing time, work harder. At what age do most clubs make this "transition" to earning time or is that just the nature of club from the beginning? And from reading other posts hear, you can assume daddy ball is excluded from my question as far as equal time. I get from reading others that is a challenge at this age.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
M&D Red gonna play in the A division of NGLL. They are taking advantage of C2 and Redshirts 2024 demise and scooping up some really good players. Watch out!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
M&D Red should stay in B division but lets see how it works out. interesting how you know so much.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why would good players go to B team? Fake news

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coppermine Lacrosse having 2 2024 teams. They are growing and improving with great leadership and facilities are outstanding.

Agree. Its a whole different positive philosophy. Coppermine will be a top place to learn and play lacrosse. Owner and directors doing a great job.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agree. Its a whole different positive philosophy. Coppermine will be a top place to learn and play lacrosse. Owner and directors doing a great job.

That's great news for the program, but they have a long way to go before it's a top place to play lacrosse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To play or to develop in a positive atmosphere for young girls. OR you can join teams that just cut some of there best players just to win and dominate without development and cash grab. Your choice. Good luck.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's great news for the program, but they have a long way to go before it's a top place to play lacrosse.

But, it will be a top place to learn lacrosse and get better - then the girls will move on to one of the big dogs. That's nothing new. There are always plenty of clubs out there developing players for mnd and skywalkers since MYLA is no longer around to develop the talent.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is Redshirts going to be able to field a team at any age other than 2020? It was pretty sad last Saturday that they had tryouts on the field next to M&D at Garrison Forest. M&D would have anywhere from 40-90 girls depending on age group and Redshirts were lucky if they had over 15 at any age group. They are having more tryouts this weekend but at this point everyone else's tryouts are over and the girls are all committed to play. I think maybe I should have listened to everyone here and fled as well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is Redshirts going to be able to field a team at any age other than 2020? It was pretty sad last Saturday that they had tryouts on the field next to M&D at Garrison Forest. M&D would have anywhere from 40-90 girls depending on age group and Redshirts were lucky if they had over 15 at any age group. They are having more tryouts this weekend but at this point everyone else's tryouts are over and the girls are all committed to play. I think maybe I should have listened to everyone here and fled as well.

Run for the hills, now.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LOL. With 40-90 girls at the mnd tryouts - there could be a few girls who are not committed. Unless, mnd is bringing back their white teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

But, it will be a top place to learn lacrosse and get better - then the girls will move on to one of the big dogs. That's nothing new. There are always plenty of clubs out there developing players for mnd and skywalkers since MYLA is no longer around to develop the talent.

Keep telling yourself that. Go Coppermine. Best facilities, coaches, directors. Only a matter of time before people figure it out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Redshirts is still having a 24 team. If you need a place to play give it a shot. At least you won't be cast aside when the next best thing comes along

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
its shocking how many M&D 2024 girls were cut or given a Red team spot after going 52-1. Loyalty? i think not. Win at all cost? yes.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Redshirts is still having a 24 team. If you need a place to play give it a shot. At least you won't be cast aside when the next best thing comes along

Ha. That's what the kennedys do best. They have burned to many bridges and now karma is biting them in the [lacrosse]

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I feel sorry for all of these 24 girls this year. The redshirts girls were completely abandoned by their coach and they were thrown to the wind to be scattered. Now their girls are playing on red teams instead of A teams. The C2 girls were screwed by the owners. The owners either not honest with themselves and their players or they had a lack of forsight to see what would happen with them out of state - but those girls were no better lax players at the end of 2017 then they were at the end of 2016. And as usual - Some of the M&D 2016-17 black, Skywalkers and Heros Green girls got shuffled right off the teams when newer/faster/stronger girls came along. And with the redshirts/C2 situation there were alot of good girls trying out. I was at 4 different tryouts and I saw those girls at all four.

Maybe the lax community needs to look inward and see what we have done to youth lacrosse. These are 11 year old girls feeling so pressured they were crying and throwing up.

It is a sad state of affairs - no loyalty to the girls - no developement of players - just a drive to have the best record and best teams/club. Its awful

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I feel sorry for all of these 24 girls this year. The redshirts girls were completely abandoned by their coach and they were thrown to the wind to be scattered. Now their girls are playing on red teams instead of A teams. The C2 girls were screwed by the owners. The owners either not honest with themselves and their players or they had a lack of forsight to see what would happen with them out of state - but those girls were no better lax players at the end of 2017 then they were at the end of 2016. And as usual - Some of the M&D 2016-17 black, Skywalkers and Heros Green girls got shuffled right off the teams when newer/faster/stronger girls came along. And with the redshirts/C2 situation there were alot of good girls trying out. I was at 4 different tryouts and I saw those girls at all four.

Maybe the lax community needs to look inward and see what we have done to youth lacrosse. These are 11 year old girls feeling so pressured they were crying and throwing up.

It is a sad state of affairs - no loyalty to the girls - no developement of players - just a drive to have the best record and best teams/club. Its awful

You are correct. There are to many, not all, but to many clubs whose only concern is winning and not developing players. Unfortunately there are to many parents who club shop looking for the club that they think can win the most instead of the club that can develope their girls as a player.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's not all as one sided as you make it out to be. There seems to be a lack of loyalty towards the clubs by the players that seem to be moving around at will. And how can you talk about loyalty when you are hitting 4 tryouts? Why not state your club allegiance and go to those tryouts? Whether your girl ends up on black, blue, green, purple or gold - you roll with it. If it's not the top team - then just work harder and see how the dice fall. Instead - it seems to be more of the parents' sense of unrealistic expectations or their desire to talk about their D being on an "A" team in the carpool line. There needs to be a middle ground somewhere.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am new to girls Lax, what are the top teams in the Bethesda MD area?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard