BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Girls 2025 - 5th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
TM@BOTC Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
It's the start of the Fall 2017/Summer 2018 season. Use this thread for your posts regarding this age group

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Girls 2025 - 5th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Clean slate. Let's all take advantage of this and leave the cruelty and bashing behind.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what do tryout numbers look like this year? Interested to see Hero's 2025. I'm assuming the 2026 kids will drop. How will that affect them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
how were tryout numbers for Hero's? Hoco? Coppermine starts today. M&D/Skywalkers/Redshirts later this week.

any major changes?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It looked like there were easily 70 to 80 girls there for the heros tryouts. I saw quite a few mnd and skywalkers backpacks and the intermingling of the bitmore cinch bags and a few blue ones that did not look familiar - it began with an m. How did the hoco and bitmore tryouts look - they were yesterday too, right.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
It looked like there were easily 70 to 80 girls there for the heros tryouts. I saw quite a few mnd and skywalkers backpacks and the intermingling of the bitmore cinch bags and a few blue ones that did not look familiar - it began with an m. How did the hoco and bitmore tryouts look - they were yesterday too, right.

A free tryout will attract tons of players, especially at this age level because most are new to club.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
noticed that alot of these clubs have 3 tryout dates. is it mandatory to attend all 3? do you have a better chance if you go to all 3? Are you better off attending the last 2 tryouts, vs the first 2 tryouts?

how easy is it to attend 1 session of Heros, M&D, and Skywalkers? is that frowned upon? What are you thoughts on playing for CLUB 1 in 1, CLUB 2 in Year 2, would it be hard to go back to Club 1 in Year 3?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
noticed that alot of these clubs have 3 tryout dates. is it mandatory to attend all 3? do you have a better chance if you go to all 3? Are you better off attending the last 2 tryouts, vs the first 2 tryouts?

how easy is it to attend 1 session of Heros, M&D, and Skywalkers? is that frowned upon? What are you thoughts on playing for CLUB 1 in 1, CLUB 2 in Year 2, would it be hard to go back to Club 1 in Year 3?

I think you should be fine attending just the second or maybe even just the third tryout date. Do they really need to see that much of your daughter?
Just send the coach and director of which ever program it is that you had your annual family vacation scheduled for that week and could not miss the time at the beach. The coaches will understand - there' s nothing wrong with a little rest and recovery.
As far as playing for different clubs - we don't subscribe to that because my daughter has been happy with her current club. But, I do know of quite a few families that starting at about this age or 6th grade will play for a different club. We've heard of girls going from heros to mnd and then are now at Diamonds as their 3rd club in 3 years. I'm not sure if they've tried to go back to the first club, but, then again there is an example of playing in 3 different clubs in 3 years.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What are peoples thoughts on Coppermine? They seem like an up and coming club! They will have all the facilities that you want? indoor/outdoor, turf/grass.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I thought the Coppermine offense design on the 2024 team last year was excellent. The defense was some sort of zone that the girls had no concept of how to play.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When will Heros post their roster? Skywalkers or Coppermine. M&D has posted theirs! Looks like Redshirts 24 girl is a new edition and a C2 girl.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow how do you know the background of 10 yo girls?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are less girls playing club lacrosse or is it just age groups? Seems like 2025 and 2026 are struggling to have full teams. W5r2a5

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are less girls playing club lacrosse or is it just age groups? Seems like 2025 and 2026 are struggling to have full teams. W5r2a5

Who's struggling? Tons of 2025 teams out there. 2026 is new this year but most clubs have them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard from a parent within Hero's that they had about 75 girls tryout for the 25's. The same person told me that they will likely have (2) '26 teams & a '27 team as well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why do you say that? Please define a full team. Are you basing this on the fact that there are rosters with only 18 to 20 players. If that's the trend - I'm all for it. The 25 girls and 2 goalies is ridiculous and a total cash grab.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard from a parent within Hero's that they had about 75 girls tryout for the 25's. The same person told me that they will likely have (2) '26 teams & a '27 team as well.

That sounds just like a Heros parent.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
interesting that Hero's had 75 girls at tryouts, but the roster stayed the same for a handful of girls replacing the girls going to 26 Green. M&D had almost a 50% turnover. waiting on Redshirts and Skywalkers to post their rosters.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
interesting that Hero's had 75 girls at tryouts, but the roster stayed the same for a handful of girls replacing the girls going to 26 Green. M&D had almost a 50% turnover. waiting on Redshirts and Skywalkers to post their rosters.

Why do you even care about who is on what roster...get a life

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looking to put my 2025 daughter on a local team in Harford County and it seems my only options are NEMS and ELITE. Do you have any advice/feedback on which club would be better? Looking to receive solid training and have my daughter learn team ball.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Which level of competition are you looking for? NEMS would play more of a A/B level, where as Elite would be more of a B/C level.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Which level of competition are you looking for? NEMS would play more of a A/B level, where as Elite would be more of a B/C level.

Really just looking for club with best track record for developing players. I imagine the better the competition, the more improvement you'll see in players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Really just looking for club with best track record for developing players. I imagine the better the competition, the more improvement you'll see in players.

Considering your location, consider TLC.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Considering your location, consider TLC.

Yes, I'll have to consider TLC. Just wanted to hear personal experiences from those who have kids on the teams. Maybe those with a kid on TLC, NEMS, or ELITE could share their feelings about how their team has developed the kids lacrosse skills.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
this late in the game, the top clubs have already had tryouts and filled out rosters. M&D, Hero's, Skywalkers, etc. TLC did not have a 2025 team last year. NEMS i think played with a combined 24-25 team, and Elite did not have a 2025 team. Redshirts needs players, and i feel that they have good instruction, but it seems people have issues with them for some reason.
at this stage, i believe its all about having a stick in your hand and playing. I would stay away from teams who's philosophy is having the best girl get the ball, and go straight to goal every time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coppermine is the best club for your child. Consistent instruction. Best facilitites. Class organization and director. Communication is transparent. Will just get better.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coppermine plays the weak tourneys. they are afraid to play in tourneys where Hero's/MND/Skywalkers play.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You’re wrong in every statement you make. For example prime time young guns. But thats not even an important statement versus growth of player and program. The team is a year old relax.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Didn't see you guys at Laxin Out Loud? Lax for the Cure? Those all had type flight competition. You guys head to Hershey and Beach Lax to play C level teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ouch... Fall Ball hasn't even started and the daggers are out. Best advise is to whenever possible try to avoid a parent coach. There are a few that are really good but as an overall rule that is a safe bet. In addition at this point playing A, B or C is irrelevant. Just get the stick in your daughters hand and work with her outside of practice. If you do that and she is still interested she will be fine. All this talk of player development is a bit of a pipe dream. Even the best coach has your daughter for at best 2-4 hours a week at practice. Factor in 20 girls that he/ she has to work with, there just isn't enough time to get the reps in. Take notes on what your coach is doing at practice and do those same drills at home.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So intense about a first year 4th grader team. Must be planning on getting a scholarship 😂

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So intense about a first year 4th grader team. Must be planning on getting a scholarship 😂

No talk of scholarships. Just being logical. I'm spending all the time and money, should look for whatever will give the best return for investment. At this stage, for young children, the best return on investment will be getting solid foundational skills.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How is fall ball practice going!! 2 weeks for most teams until PYG.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds like hoco posted up strong this weekend ... without their goalie. Looks like they added some girls.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What was the results of the Prime Time Young Guns? Information does not get updated on tournament website.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fall tournaments are always tough because most teams are not at full strength (many kids are playing multiple sports). That being said, YJ looks to be the cream of the crop.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What was the results of the Prime Time Young Guns? Information does not get updated on tournament website.

That’s becaus it’s not a tournament. It’s a glorified Playday with no championships. Everyone had fun, thats the result.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did YJ do against Hero's Green and HoCo?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That’s becaus it’s not a tournament. It’s a glorified Playday with no championships. Everyone had fun, thats the result.

Oh good. That was my main concern and the concern of all those parents paying thousands of dollars a year. As long as their having fun, let's not have a serious conversation about how the teams did on a lacrosse website. I think it would be better to host an event at Chuck E. Cheese next time as there is much less cost and the kids can still have fun.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did YJ do against Hero's Green and HoCo?

YJ Beat them both

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard