BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,586
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 9 of 69 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 68 69
Re: Boys 2017 Fall 2012/Spring 2013
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous]Regardless, still an acomplishment if you are considered in the top 50 out of several hundred on long island in the grade. I'll take a team with 26-50 from Long Island against any "A" team from elsewhere in the country any day. Congrats to everybody who made either team. There are plenty of disappointed really good players who did not make the "B" team. Quite an accomplishment to make either team. [/

Have to diasagree with you here. Although there are some very good players on both teams, these are not the top 50 players on Long Island at the age group. How they decided to put any players on the team other than 2017 kids is way beyond me with the talent level that was out there. Clearly favors were done so for some its less of an accomplishment than you think. I guess thats always going to the case with these things.

Anybody who knows the 2018s on the team also knows that they are as good if not better than most 2017s. They belong, so just get over it.

OK, lets not get crazy!! I agree the previous poster should get over it but, the "if not better than most 2017s" comment is a little far fetched!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Regardless, still an acomplishment if you are considered in the top 50 out of several hundred on long island in the grade. I'll take a team with 26-50 from Long Island against any "A" team from elsewhere in the country any day. Congrats to everybody who made either team. There are plenty of disappointed really good players who did not make the "B" team. Quite an accomplishment to make either team. [/

Have to diasagree with you here. Although there are some very good players on both teams, these are not the top 50 players on Long Island at the age group. How they decided to put any players on the team other than 2017 kids is way beyond me with the talent level that was out there. Clearly favors were done so for some its less of an accomplishment than you think. I guess thats always going to the case with these things.

Anybody who knows the 2018s on the team also knows that they are as good if not better than most 2017s. They belong, so just get over it.

OK, lets not get crazy!! I agree the previous poster should get over it but, the "if not better than most 2017s" comment is a little far fetched!

Is it possible that they ARE good, the 2017 crew? Turtles, 91, Express, fl$, etc.? NAH! Some guy said they were all favors. Nuff said! (too much holiday cheer?)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is it possible that they ARE good, the 2017 crew? Turtles, 91, Express, fl$, etc.? NAH! Some guy said they were all favors. Nuff said! (too much holiday cheer?)

Maybe I dont understand but are you saying that there are enough 2017 players on those teams to have filled the roster rather than do favors or go by a last name or team affiliation and put a 2018 player on the team. If thats what your saying I agree. Look at the goalie position. Had to be said sorry.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe I dont understand but are you saying that there are enough 2017 players on those teams to have filled the roster rather than do favors or go by a last name or team affiliation and put a 2018 player on the team. If thats what your saying I agree. Look at the goalie position. Had to be said sorry.

I think the general tone of the discussion is that there were enough extremely talented players at the 2017 age group to make two very good teams. The 2018 kids will have their chance next year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think the general tone of the discussion is that there were enough extremely talented players at the 2017 age group to make two very good teams. The 2018 kids will have their chance next year.

Its not like they have 30 on the roster and gave out 4 favors that wouldn't hurt the team. Top to bottom they went with the best players that would give them the best chance of competing. Why would they purposely weaken the team and hurt the teams ability to compete? Sending a seriously deficient team would just de-legitimize and embarass the organization and hurt the program's credibility and long term prosperity. They are smarter than that and I'm sure not willing to sacrifice the long term good of the program for any supposed short term favors. Sorry, your acusations just don't hold water. Period, end of story.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]Regardless, still an acomplishment if you are considered in the top 50 out of several hundred on long island in the grade. I'll take a team with 26-50 from Long Island against any "A" team from elsewhere in the country any day. Congrats to everybody who made either team. There are plenty of disappointed really good players who did not make the "B" team. Quite an accomplishment to make either team. [/

Its not like they have 30 on the roster and gave out 4 favors that wouldn't hurt the team. Top to bottom they went with the best players that would give them the best chance of competing. Why would they purposely weaken the team and hurt the teams ability to compete? Sending a seriously deficient team would just de-legitimize and embarass the organization and hurt the program's credibility and long term prosperity. They are smarter than that and I'm sure not willing to sacrifice the long term good of the program for any supposed short term favors. Sorry, your acusations just don't hold water. Period, end of story.

First off, if you were at the tryout you would know what everyone is talking about. Secondly, if you think that favors arent done and phone calls arent made,you are being naive. Noone said the team wouldnt be competetive, but the disparity between the North team and the South team is noticeable. The fact that they put younger kids on the South team given the depth of the talent at the 2017 age group is curious. All credit to those younger kids that made it, however I do think some very good players were overlooked.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anybody who knows the 2018s on the team also knows that they are as good if not better than most 2017s. They belong, so just get over it. [/quote]

OK, lets not get crazy!! I agree the previous poster should get over it but, the "if not better than most 2017s" comment is a little far fetched! [/quote]
Is it possible that they ARE good, the 2017 crew? Turtles, 91, Express, fl$, etc.? NAH! Some guy said they were all favors. Nuff said! (too much holiday cheer?) [/quote]

Maybe I dont understand but are you saying that there are enough 2017 players on those teams to have filled the roster rather than do favors or go by a last name or team affiliation and put a 2018 player on the team. If thats what your saying I agree. Look at the goalie position. Had to be said sorry. [/quote]

I think the general tone of the discussion is that there were enough extremely talented players at the 2017 age group to make two very good teams. The 2018 kids will have their chance next year. [/quote]

[/quote]

Please there are only three good goalies in 2017. There were plenty at the tryout and many better than the 2018 that was added. My son did make team and was at first outdoor tryout and is a 2017. His 2017 team goalie was not picked and is an outstanding goalie.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is laughable because the same 2017 parents claiming they shouldn't have taken any 2018 boys will be crying next year if the high school division doesn't take any freshman

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is the beauty of the process. Anything can happen in a couple of hours. The evaluators are supposed to be blind to past performance and supposed reputation should mean nothing. Otherwise why have a tryout. Maybe your son's team goalie wasn't feeling well or didn't have a great couple of hours. Conversely another kid maybe played over his head "caddy shack-like" for a couple of hours and had the tryout of his life. Trust the process unless you have concrete proof otherwise. If you have proof that something is wrong send Sage an email and coordinate with him to investigate. I know in the high school division there were some surprises too but hardly any flukes - just kids that played better than other kids with better reputations for the duration of the tryout. Thats life and that's how it works, nothing more than that. Maybe johnny who didnt make it is taking things for granted and getting a little complacent from daddy, his coaches and his friends always telling him how wonderful he is and other kids who are hungrier have worked harder and passed him by. Congrats to all who made it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Please there are only three good goalies in 2017. There were plenty at the tryout and many better than the 2018 that was added. My son did make team and was at first outdoor tryout and is a 2017. His 2017 team goalie was not picked and is an outstanding goalie. [/quote]

Good lesson for you - not everything in high school lacrosse will work out the way your expert eyes see it. It's not a popularity contest and not all of the kids and parents "in the know" will be included in everything. Wait until next year when even more kids develop that you've never heard of - look at the concentration of towns on the middle school teams compared to the lack of concentration of towns in the high school division. The Island is huge and the talent pool is deep in every grade - there will be kids coming out of "nowhere" that will shock you over and over until its too late for you to realize what has happened. Do us all a favor and save us from reading your whining next year - start your own tournament and rig the teams as your expert opinion and your son's best friends would like to see it. Good luck with that.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Please there are only three good goalies in 2017. There were plenty at the tryout and many better than the 2018 that was added. My son did make team and was at first outdoor tryout and is a 2017. His 2017 team goalie was not picked and is an outstanding goalie.

Good lesson for you - not everything in high school lacrosse will work out the way your expert eyes see it. It's not a popularity contest and not all of the kids and parents "in the know" will be included in everything. Wait until next year when even more kids develop that you've never heard of - look at the concentration of towns on the middle school teams compared to the lack of concentration of towns in the high school division. The Island is huge and the talent pool is deep in every grade - there will be kids coming out of "nowhere" that will shock you over and over until its too late for you to realize what has happened. Do us all a favor and save us from reading your whining next year - start your own tournament and rig the teams as your expert opinion and your son's best friends would like to see it. Good luck with that.

You people need to get over yourselves , if you think the kids that made the teams are the best players on long island you are pathetic. Some of the best players in the age group did not even try-out while some of the best players were not picked because they have no connections. Some of the best players in the age group happen to be some of the best athletes in the age group and are now playing Bball or wrestling at the high school level due to being moved up in age .Yes many of the kids selected are some of the best on the island but please get a clue just because your child made a team does not mean they are headed for a d1 program , many kids will pass them by as the years go on.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You people need to get over yourselves , if you think the kids that made the teams are the best players on long island you are pathetic. Some of the best players in the age group did not even try-out while some of the best players were not picked because they have no connections. Some of the best players in the age group happen to be some of the best athletes in the age group and are now playing Bball or wrestling at the high school level due to being moved up in age .Yes many of the kids selected are some of the best on the island but please get a clue just because your child made a team does not mean they are headed for a d1 program , many kids will pass them by as the years go on.

It is you who are pathetic to write a post like this.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son was picked and I think many would suggest it was not "obvious" choice. And trust me, we have absolutely no connections to the organizers. The only reason I know the organizer's name is because it was on the emails that everybody gets and I still have never spoken a word directly to him. I also have no idea who the evaluators where or who his coach will be during the tournament. No favors here - just a great tryout.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree with you that there are a few of the best players in this age group were not @ the tryout. Hopefully, next year, they decide to tryout and we will see who makes the team. That some of the best players were just not chosen because they don't have connections? That's BS! Did you watch EVERY kid @ EVERY position @ EVERY moment of BOTH of the tryouts to make these claims? You are just as bad as the parents on here beating their chests that their 13 year old sons made this lax team. Its pathetic! No tryout is or will ever be perfect. Pointing fingers & making accusations annonymously is cowardly.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

eesh sounds like someones son didnt make the team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
watched 8th grade true blue vs express terps yesterday winter nationals in NJ it was like a NLL game. very nasty. refs lost control a bit.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree with you that there are a few of the best players in this age group were not @ the tryout. Hopefully, next year, they decide to tryout and we will see who makes the team. That some of the best players were just not chosen because they don't have connections? That's BS! Did you watch EVERY kid @ EVERY position @ EVERY moment of BOTH of the tryouts to make these claims? You are just as bad as the parents on here beating their chests that their 13 year old sons made this lax team. Its pathetic! No tryout is or will ever be perfect. Pointing fingers & making accusations annonymously is cowardly.

In my estimation the Brine tryout was one of the most transparent, fair-minded, least political evaluations of talent that I've seen on the Island. Unlike other well known "tryouts", doesnn't matter one bit what school you go to. How refreshing. And because of that maybe these teams actually have a chance to win something on a national stage.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

In my estimation the Brine tryout was one of the most transparent, fair-minded, least political evaluations of talent that I've seen on the Island. Unlike other well known "tryouts", doesnn't matter one bit what school you go to. How refreshing. And because of that maybe these teams actually have a chance to win something on a national stage.

That's one way to look at it, lol. I guess your son made the team, which is great for you and him. For the most part I think the North team is comprised of the right kids and that team is going to be very difficult to beat. However, fair-minded, transparent and non political would not be the words I would have used. My son did not make either team and that's fine, but I was at both the tryout and the callback and there were clearly kids that were overlooked and left off either team for reasons that I cannot comprehend. There were also kids added after the fact at the expense of better players. So I do agree with you somewhat that at least one of the teams will be competitive, however IMO the tryout and selection process was flawed to say the least.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coaches were coaching to win rather than develop players and increase skills, that's the problem with Express and TB, ask the kids who didn't play a lot what is most important

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Close game---7 - 6! True Blue lost.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh Please! In a game like that-- play to win! Develop later!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's one way to look at it, lol. I guess your son made the team, which is great for you and him. For the most part I think the North team is comprised of the right kids and that team is going to be very difficult to beat. However, fair-minded, transparent and non political would not be the words I would have used. My son did not make either team and that's fine, but I was at both the tryout and the callback and there were clearly kids that were overlooked and left off either team for reasons that I cannot comprehend. There were also kids added after the fact at the expense of better players. So I do agree with you somewhat that at least one of the teams will be competitive, however IMO the tryout and selection process was flawed to say the least.

Too bad you're not one of the evaluators.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Would love to see the turtles play up against the best of 2016. I think they are finally ready to play and beat the Cudas.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Would love to see the turtles play up against the best of 2016. I think they are finally ready to play and beat the Cudas.

lol. No way. turtles played a young u13 your nuts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LOL...Congratulations on beating up on the "U-13's" in Florida this weekend.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You cant blame the Turtles for the way the event organizers set up and run the tournament. They played and qualified for the brackets that the tournament required to play in. Its not their fault. Any team that makes a financial sacrifice to go to FL this time of year for a lax tournament and wins deserves a Congratulations. I just wish the powers that be at the Dicks event would correct the whole qualifying and age bracket mess. The tournament would be better if they changed the rules.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You cant blame the Turtles for the way the event organizers set up and run the tournament. They played and qualified for the brackets that the tournament required to play in. Its not their fault. Any team that makes a financial sacrifice to go to FL this time of year for a lax tournament and wins deserves a Congratulations. I just wish the powers that be at the Dicks event would correct the whole qualifying and age bracket mess. The tournament would be better if they changed the rules.

How is it NOT the turtles fault when they went there and played? I agree with you on the qualifying process but what teams need to do is enter the fall qualifying tournaments. i know the express 8th grade team did that won a u15 fall tournament but didn't go to florida for some reason

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They ARE U13. They ARE fantastic. Why do you not congratulate? You are dangerous.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They ARE U13. They ARE fantastic. Why do you not congratulate? You are dangerous.

They are 2017 right? Why not play up a year and see how good they really are? So what if they lose?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They are 2017 right? Why not play up a year and see how good they really are? So what if they lose?

You people are pathetic! Congratulations Turtles on a great tournament

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why so sensitive? Nothing wrong with playing up.
You people are pathetic! Congratulations Turtles on a great tournament

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If they played up, they would have been up 2 years. I have nothing to do with the Turtles, I don't get all the resentment towars 13 year olds who have worked their buts off to be great. They played in their own age group an won! so what? Congratulations! Way to represent Long Island!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If they played up, they would have been up 2 years. I have nothing to do with the Turtles, I don't get all the resentment towars 13 year olds who have worked their buts off to be great. They played in their own age group an won! so what? Congratulations! Way to represent Long Island!

Don't be so defensive, nobody is criticizing the Turtles. I think the point is that going forward, since the turtles are a 2017 team, why not challenge themselves against some good 2016 teams next summer and enter the U15 national in florida? There are regional qualifying tournaments that I'm sure they can sign up for. If they make it thorugh, they might get matched up with the 2016 cudas, which would be a great matchup.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Winter Nationals Indoor Lacrosse Championship Results

2012/8th Grade Division - 2017 - Wins/Losses

Dukes (Team #5) - 4W-1L
LI Express (Team #6) - 4W-1L
BBL (Team #1) - 2W-2L
fl$ (Team #2) - 2W-2L
True Blue (Team #3) - 1W-3L
STEPS (Team #4) - 0W-4L

Games Results

BBL 8, fl$ 6
True Blue 9, STEPS 7
Express 12, BBL 1
Dukes 15, fl$ 3
Express 8, True Blue 7
Dukes 5, STEPS 3
BBL 7, True Blue 6
fl$ 7, STEPS 5
Dukes 12, Express 8

Semi Finals : Express 9, BBL 3
Semi Finals : Dukes 12, True Blue 7

Finals : Express 12, Dukes 11, Overtime

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by CageSage
Winter Nationals Indoor Lacrosse Championship Results

2012/8th Grade Division - 2017 - Wins/Losses

Dukes (Team #5) - 4W-1L
LI Express (Team #6) - 4W-1L
BBL (Team #1) - 2W-2L
fl$ (Team #2) - 2W-2L
True Blue (Team #3) - 1W-3L
STEPS (Team #4) - 0W-4L

Games Results

BBL 8, fl$ 6
True Blue 9, STEPS 7
Express 12, BBL 1
Dukes 15, fl$ 3
Express 8, True Blue 7
Dukes 5, STEPS 3
BBL 7, True Blue 6
fl$ 7, STEPS 5
Dukes 12, Express 8

Semi Finals : Express 9, BBL 3
Semi Finals : Dukes 12, True Blue 7

Finals : Express 12, Dukes 11, Overtime

2017 Terps WIN Winter Nationals & 2017 Turtles WIN Dicks Sporting Goods in Fla! Great way to end the year for Express in 2017 age!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

playing up at local tournaments and local games IS a great way to test yourselves but to criticize them for going to Florida and playing in a national tournament in there correct age group is asinine, WTG turtles what ever you are doing keep it up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have to comment by saying you have NO idea of the highest quality coaching that the True Blue players are lucky enough to receive (and the parents can't complain since their fee is almost 1/3 the cost of fees from some "high profile" LI Lax clubs charge...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the 2017 Express Terps earned a big congradulations for winning the NJ tourny... against very good teams, highly competitive games that could have been decided either way!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How would the Express terps do against the turtles?

Like Reply Quote
Page 9 of 69 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 68 69
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard