BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Boys 2020 - 10th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
TM@BOTC Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
It's the start of the Fall 2017/Summer 2018 season. Use this thread for your posts regarding this age group

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Boys 2020 - 10th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looking at ty Xander's site for 2018 commits:
16 D1 for crabs
16 D1 for fca
11 D1 for Hawks

Anytime you have an entire starting lineup committed, you are doing something right

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
These comments about club commits are so dumb. These particular clubs do not develop anything. Each year the cut and add, which is fine, so long as we all understand they are just building all-star teams of kids developed elsewhere. Then the MIAA schools play the regular season schedule where these kids are recruited. Parasite clubs claim credit. Joke.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
These comments about club commits are so dumb. These particular clubs do not develop anything. Each year the cut and add, which is fine, so long as we all understand they are just building all-star teams of kids developed elsewhere. Then the MIAA schools play the regular season schedule where these kids are recruited. Parasite clubs claim credit. Joke.

Most of Hawks have been with program since elementary or early middle school years, so there are clubs that develop players, also there are more than 11 D1 commits on that 2018 team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Um. When is the last time you saw a bunch of college coaches watching an MIAA game?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

while it is not the norm, how do you explain kids that commit to a college before they enter high school, i'm not saying it is right or wrong, that is another debate, but you can't dismiss the impact that playing in the summer had on their recruitment.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Most of Hawks have been with program since elementary or early middle school years, so there are clubs that develop players, also there are more than 11 D1 commits on that 2018 team

So the best kids are developed by clubs before high school?

Then looking at the 2021s, the last pre high school year, the crabs won hoco while fca and Hawks tied for 5th place.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think it really comes down to how you define develop? If you mean create above avg to great teams and place them in the best of the best tournaments then yes they "Develop" these kids. But if you define develop as who taught them how to hold the stick and roll dodge this can be several different places.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Then looking at the 2021s, the last pre high school year, the crabs won hoco while fca and Hawks tied for 5th place.

i would hope so, i'm sure the hoco 8th grade league was easier the 2nd time around

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

i would hope so, i'm sure the hoco 8th grade league was easier the 2nd time around

It wasn't easier for Hawks second time around, they still came in 5th place, even with all of their hoidbacks.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The clubs you hate don't do any development, ok, great, thanks, dude. Go back to whatever you've been smoking as the world has been turning for the past several years. Stop worrying about lacrosse; you have no reason to be worrying about lacrosse. Keep that stash away from your kids. Everything's a joke, clubs, MIAA, you got it, keep on keeping on, my man.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So 18 kids get 1/4 or 1/2 scholarships if their lucky. And their parents spent a year of college tuition to play for club and travel etc. just put your money in 529 when they are 8 and you've got more money then these partial lax scholarships. Enjoy watching them play and stop all BS promotion of your clubs and how many kids go to college. News Flash! Only like 10 states have high school lacrosse and nobody watches it outside of Maryland and Long Island.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The clubs you hate don't do any development, ok, great, thanks, dude. Go back to whatever you've been smoking as the world has been turning for the past several years. Stop worrying about lacrosse; you have no reason to be worrying about lacrosse. Keep that stash away from your kids. Everything's a joke, clubs, MIAA, you got it, keep on keeping on, my man.

I think he needs to pass you whatever he is smoking.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So 18 kids get 1/4 or 1/2 scholarships if their lucky. And their parents spent a year of college tuition to play for club and travel etc. just put your money in 529 when they are 8 and you've got more money then these partial lax scholarships. Enjoy watching them play and stop all BS promotion of your clubs and how many kids go to college. News Flash! Only like 10 states have high school lacrosse and nobody watches it outside of Maryland and Long Island.

You're right. My son could have easily gotten into Princeton without lacrosse. I should have stashed that money into a 529 to pay for him to go to Maryland instead.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It wasn't easier for Hawks second time around, they still came in 5th place, even with all of their hoidbacks.

The Hawks suck at Holdbacks. Way too many public school kids. Fca, crabs, madlax are the masters!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The number is 46 states and D.C. playing high school lacrosse, with 139 sanctioned leagues throughout the country. I think people are watching the game everywhere.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs, FCA and Looney's stacked with reclassed kids. No wonder they have a bunch of commits.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You're right. My son could have easily gotten into Princeton without lacrosse. I should have stashed that money into a 529 to pay for him to go to Maryland instead.

Watching 529s sucks! Watching you kids play lacrosse rules! Get your priorities straight!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Watching 529s sucks! Watching you kids play lacrosse rules! Get your priorities straight!

Watching 529 plans is painful but they are one of the best college finance tools available, outside of hard saved cash. The way I see things is - plan to fully fund your prospective student athletes via such tools as 529s, focus on grades that gets them closer to high academic schools admissions levels, get 2020 kids starting to work on PSAT. Then work hard to improve lacrosse skills and game to make a stretch school available on the admission angle. Play other sports. If you get any athletic money then that is a bonus!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Serious question. My kid is a late bloomer. He finally decided he wants to take things seriously. He has literally done nothing as far as recruiting goes. He tries out for and is now on a competitive team. What can uncommitted sophomores do as far as contact? Are there certain camps, etc, he should go to?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Serious question. My kid is a late bloomer. He finally decided he wants to take things seriously. He has literally done nothing as far as recruiting goes. He tries out for and is now on a competitive team. What can uncommitted sophomores do as far as contact? Are there certain camps, etc, he should go to?

Hit the gym, get stronger and faster, hit the wall, and wait for 9/1/2018

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If he is just starting now, it's pretty much too late.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He wiil be fine if he is a good player. Get on a competitive club team. Have a great HS season and play this summer in some tournaments and showcases. If no offers...Do it again next year.

if he is a good player he will find a spot this year or next.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks for replies. He plays at an MIAA school and for a competitive club team this year. Also wondering if before the fall tournaments he can/should email coaches or if that's not done now with the new rules. He'd probably be looking at mid to lower ranked D1 schools, maybe D3. He's not a UMD type of guy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks for replies. He plays at an MIAA school and for a competitive club team this year. Also wondering if before the fall tournaments he can/should email coaches or if that's not done now with the new rules. He'd probably be looking at mid to lower ranked D1 schools, maybe D3. He's not a UMD type of guy.

Most schools will have prospect days in the fall that any kid can sign-up for. If there are one or two that might fit his academic and lacrosse profile that might be a thought. Otherwise he should focus on his skills and trying to make varsity next spring. Not the end of the world if he doesn't. Pat Spencer of Loyola U was on JV as a soph at BL. It's never too late. There is a 2018 from Friends School that recently committed to Hopkins. D1 coaches can't communicate with you but D3 actually can

Good luck!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Inside Lacrosse just releaed their Recruiting Issue which ranks the top 25 2020 players. I know rankings don't mean much but incredible to see the amount of talent listed out of Baltimore. 12 our of 25 players......Great job guys!

Hawks - Alex Wicks #24
Looney's - Gabe Braun #18,Blake Gable #14, Brendan Grimes #2
Crabs - Max Cooney #22, Billy Spillman #21, Dane Swanson #4
FCA - Jack Stuzin #17, Jackson Marshall #11, Jack Koras #9, Cole Herbert #6, Daniel Kelly #5

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Inside Lacrosse just releaed their Recruiting Issue which ranks the top 25 2020 players. I know rankings don't mean much but incredible to see the amount of talent listed out of Baltimore. 12 our of 25 players......Great job guys!

Hawks - Alex Wicks #24
FCA - Jack Stuzin #17, Jackson Marshall #11, Jack Koras #9, Cole Herbert #6, Daniel Kelly #5

Great job holdbacks!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Inside Lacrosse just releaed their Recruiting Issue which ranks the top 25 2020 players. I know rankings don't mean much but incredible to see the amount of talent listed out of Baltimore. 12 our of 25 players......Great job guys!

Hawks - Alex Wicks #24

Great job holdbacks!

I don't think the lions listed above care about the lambs opinion

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hawks - Alex Wicks #24

Great job holdbacks!

I wonder how many are actual holdbacks..Everyone says they are holdbacks..I suspect many are..but maybe many arent?

If it works so good and 75-80% are holdbacks..maybe everyone interested in their child playing lacrosse should know. That way they can hold they child back no matter what.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hawks - Alex Wicks #24

Congrats to the players. Keep woking.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hawks - Alex Wicks #24

Great job holdbacks!

These are eligible MIAA athletes. The Resist movement is calling kids names now; not surprising. These kids will keep rising, and you can keep sinking, sweetheart.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Post some birthdates for these kids. Holdbacks galore. Shame.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Post some birthdates for these kids. Holdbacks galore. Shame.

Doing prefirst at a school with prefirst is a shame? This was a lame argument before HS, but seriously, we're going to whine and moan about HS Varsity ages now. There is eligible and ineligible, so other than that, just baby babbling.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's a shame when do prefirst and reclass in the 8th grade and pretend you are in the 10th grade. Can't compete so repeat.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's a shame when do prefirst and reclass in the 8th grade and pretend you are in the 10th grade. Can't compete so repeat.

These are the same kids that you said that about when they were in middle school. Now they are 16 playing against 18/19 year olds in HS, and are still great. I guess you were wrong. Nobody in HS club cares about this argument anymore either. Colleges don't enroll by age. The end.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I let my kid repeat a grade when he transferred to a better middle school, and it was great for him. He's in 11th grade now. If some dbag parent ever calls him a holdback to his face, it will be like getting punched by a Senior.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The things parents will do to get their kids recruited never ceases to amaze me. Too bad your little cupcakes can't play with kids their own age. How about this - when your kid plays in the summer - why not have him play up with the grade he should actually be in. It would make him a better player. Nah - wouldn't want to do that - it would ruin the illusion that your kid is a lax stud. Hey - the good news is you can always do a PG year if things don't pan out. He can graduate from college when he is 24. Proud papa.

In regards to the above comment about those kids playing against Srs and Juniors and doing great - it's because they really are Srs and Jrs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2020's are in high school now so reclassification should not even be on the table for discussion. One year makes a big difference in the middle school years. One year does not make a big difference in high school. Get over it or change sports if your kid is not able to compete at the high school level, but stop dogging the kids who are doing well. Your kid should find whatever he is good at and pursue it with a passion instead of the two of you tearing others down to try to minimize his inadequacies on the lacrosse field.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My kid is on age and verbally committed. He didn't have to play the reclass game to get offers from D1 schools. I'm calling a spade a spade - there are a slew of kids who in anyone's book outside the world of private school lacrosse who are ridiculously old for their grade. Own your cheating ways....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2020's are in high school now so reclassification should not even be on the table for discussion. One year makes a big difference in the middle school years. One year does not make a big difference in high school. Get over it or change sports if your kid is not able to compete at the high school level, but stop dogging the kids who are doing well. Your kid should find whatever he is good at and pursue it with a passion instead of the two of you tearing others down to try to minimize his inadequacies on the lacrosse field.

Spoken like a true holdback parent.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard