BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Re: Boys 2024
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Dukes nationals 2024 would get destroyed by brotherly love. Brotherly love plays like a team, they pass , and they are coached well. DN got beat this summer by a 4th grade team from Colorado because that team played as a unit and dukes just filled with kids that think they are the next super star. Dads on the sidelines all taking nightlight videos of their kids trying to go through 5 kids with a Team mates that are wide open. Of course if they ever played real teams, they would bring in ringers for that game to try and keep it close

Depends on the week. Dukes Nationals lineup changes for every event.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What tourney did they play a team from Colorado? I thought I saw somewhere the 2024 Team won a tourney. Are you eating that they lost to a 2025 Team from Colorado?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dukes lost to 2025 doco from best of best tourney. In fact they got smoked. The tournament they just won in brick nj. Beat up on 4 th grade teams and c level 5th

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Come on Stone plays for DN at 2024, he is the greatest player on the planet how could they ever lose.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I actually saw Stone or self anointed as the Chosen One play. He is a nice player with good skills, can go both hands smoothly, plays X well and has a some good moves and shot; however, he is not one of the top ten players at 2024. I also saw a kid with questionable foot speed and average quickness. Again he is a good player but hardly warrants calling him the Chose One and by all accounts jumps from club to club with little loyalty to anyone.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why are you talking about an 11 year old boy? That's disgusting. But to your point, That boy is a playmaking machine. Makes everyone better

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ha. "Why are you talking about an 11 year old boy?! Let ME talk about an 11 year old boy!"

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why are you talking about an 11 year old boy? That's disgusting. But to your point, That boy is a playmaking machine. Makes everyone better

Seriously --- why ?? Because he's a top 20 player that has "ball"ed into every roster. BTW aren't you talking about him too ?? Just sayin..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Uh duh...isn't this a 2024 lacrosse forum isn't that boy a 2024 lacrosse player? What's disgusting is your insinuation. Such vitriol...it's ok DAD as I said he is a good player but nothing more bit of a quitter though. Where I come from you finish the season and don't quit until the season is over.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Actually. , I'm refuting the [lacrosse] negativity and adding that he is a team player for anyone that is negative. So I'm not talking about him the way others do. This kid is a class act with tireless work ethic.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have a'24 and a '21 and believe me when I say that puberty changes everything.
7/10 studs when they're in 6th grade don't pan out three years later.
We've all see the chubby attack man with sick stick skills that scores all those goals, right? Spoiler alert: he keeps eating. His dad then shows to tryouts saying every team needs a big crease guy. Guess what? No they don't.
Those little, quick defensemen? You better be over 6' as a rising freshman to make a real team let alone see the field.
Coaches do look at you, daddies. They see you're a fat slob and you're 5'2". Trust me. They see a dad that 6'5" vs you and your kid, all things being equal, who do you think they take?
Hard realities, guys. Bigger stronger faster starts to level out your kid's ability to go BTB in a U11 rec game (sweet highlight reel tho!!!).
Pray for your kid to hit puberty early or do what is the norm now: reclass him.
Good luck.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Actually. , I'm refuting the [lacrosse] negativity and adding that he is a team player for anyone that is negative. So I'm not talking about him the way others do. This kid is a class act with tireless work ethic.

You can't blame a kid for jumping from team to team. It's the parents that allow it to happen as they are the ones that drive to practices. word travels fast and sooner or later team looking to develop will not want to deal with the parents. Sounds like the parents have been trained by TD.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I watched him closely at the Elite Eight Tournament. Due to all the hype, videos, and Chosen One Tag (can't believe anyone would have the balls to call their kid the Chose One at 5th grade). I remained objective and open minded and agree with the other poster. He is a good player but lets be honest the Elite Eight Tournament was stacked with top notch players. There were 15-20 kids that I would take in a heart beat if I was forming a roster at 2024. Did he stand out amongst all the other stud players, no, in fact I am not convinced he was the best player on his own team. At least two of their middies were as good if not better than him. Just basing this over a weekend of top notch play at the 2024 level.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have a'24 and a '21 and believe me when I say that puberty changes everything.
We've all see the chubby attack man with sick stick skills that scores all those goals, right? Spoiler alert: he keeps eating. His dad then shows to tryouts saying every team needs a big crease guy. Guess what? No they don't.
Those little, quick defensemen? You better be over 6' as a rising freshman to make a real team let alone see the field.
Coaches do look at you, daddies. They see you're a fat slob and you're 5'2". Trust me. They see a dad that 6'5" vs you and your kid, all things being equal, who do you think they take?
Hard realities, guys. Bigger stronger faster starts to level out your kid's ability to go BTB in a U11 rec game (sweet highlight reel tho!!!).
Good luck.

Sad but true

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
couple kids on that CO team were WAYYYY better than all of the older kids on 24s

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jeez. Get over yourself.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
couple kids on that CO team were WAYYYY better than all of the older kids on 24s

When and where was this tourney

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good luck.

Sad but true

This is dead on. Can't have a team of Pannells and think your going to succeed. Excited for these 1st grade all stars to take a seat and bring in some athletes. All the 5'6 dads can cry and moan al they want . It's over.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]I have a'24 and a '21 and believe me when I say that puberty changes everything.
Good luck.
SO STUPID!!!! YOU SOUND LIKE A REAL WINNER... THIS IS EXACTLY WHATS WRONG WITH YOUTH SPORTS. UNEDUCATED PARENTS

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is not true if you name is Matt?? Matt Rambo, Matt Ward, Matt Cavanaugh, all under 6' all the best player in college lax in the years they led their teams. There is also a starting 5'7" attack for OSU. The key is shorter players learn how to play v. taller bigger players. Evidence does not suggest you need to be over 6' to be a great lax player. Work on you quickness, toughness, and most of all hit the wall!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds like you have a fat attackman on your hands...Good luck

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds like you have a fat attackman on your hands...Good luck

sounds like you are one of those IDIOTS who thinks he knows all, but knows nothing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is not true if you name is Matt?? Matt Rambo, Matt Ward, Matt Cavanaugh, all under 6' all the best player in college lax in the years they led their teams. There is also a starting 5'7" attack for OSU. The key is shorter players learn how to play v. taller bigger players. Evidence does not suggest you need to be over 6' to be a great lax player. Work on you quickness, toughness, and most of all hit the wall!

So- there might be 1 on a team.... awesome- good luck.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So- there might be 1 on a team.... awesome- good luck.

I'm looking for a 5'9 D pole. Said no coach ever.
Maybe an attack man or FOGO can get away with being smaller stature but come on, size is a factor. So is speed and quickness.
There are many exceptions, however, I think what the OP is getting at is puberty will change the game. I agree. Kids you've never heard of or seen play at a high level will literally come from nowhere and dominate. It is fun to see. What's even more fun is watching how the 6th grade superstar reacts to it. Does he elevate his game? Does he go to another team because he's not the man anymore? Does his daddy start bashing the organization and coaches because little Johnny isn't getting his PT or touches? It is very fun to watch.
No matter what, if you're on top as a 6th grader or on the third line of middies, hard work will be needed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
one of the best players to come out of Long Island (Sachem North) going to Maryland - well under 6" and so is his Dad. Sorry guys, size does not matter in all cases.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey 2024's aren't you lucky TD just added two 20 year old kids to coach your team and they are going to keep a "small" roster of 20...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds like they both graduated MP in 2002. I'd then put them in their early to mid 30s? I'd be ok with that.
Twenty man roster? That doesn't sound like fun...But you figure each kid is an extra $2k for the team.
HHH carries a 25 man roster.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sons is not going to be able to field any team below 23. the good players are already at established programs, why would they leave to play for a team run by some egomaniac who only cares about his kid.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sons is not going to be able to field any team below 23. the good players are already at established programs, why would they leave to play for a team run by some egomaniac who only cares about his kid.

The good players are already at established programs....LOL...the good players may not even be playing lacrosse yet....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
6 kids at the Sons tryout tonight
#laceup

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
one of the best players to come out of Long Island (Sachem North) going to Maryland - well under 6" and so is his Dad. Sorry guys, size does not matter in all cases.

I'm surprised you all haven't whipped out your privates yet

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
my son's buddy ( on the team ) said the colorado team was like a bunch of midgets who wouldn't quit. SOme pro player's kid was on the team and scored like all the goals or something. 24s can't beat Colorado 25 team...regardless of their level? Boing...they aint it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Preseason Rankings

1 Brotherly Love
2 Uprising
3 Freedom
4 Rough Riders
5 NXT

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Roughriders beat Freedom this summer and the only local team to beat Brotherly Love. They should be #2

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They can't beat uprising why should they be #2?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has Uprising ever beat Brotherly Love? If RR is only local team to beat #1 then that makes them #2.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
RR Beat Brotherly Love TWICE they should be #1

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
RR is classless...parents do calisthenics after a goal and don't even know the rules. Of course that doesn't stop them from yelling...Coaches are obnoxious...ACT LIKE YOU'VE BEEN THERE BEFORE.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
That's Duncan's RR team right? Dude is a great coach.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who is going to Victory's Tournament on the 22nd. Anyone from 2024

Like Reply Quote
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Quick Reply