BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,603
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 30 of 32 1 2 28 29 30 31 32
Re: Boys 2021 - 8th Grade Fall 2016/ Summer 2017
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BTW, nice job this weekend to Igloo Avalanche for bringing in Black Ice kids to play . . .

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
What do folks think of the Warrior NPI going on down in Richmond today and tomorrow?

PS - Regarding age, I understand the trend among private schools is that boys born April - Summer start school late. So that would account for a number of kids playing 2021 this Summer as 15-year olds. If a kid "reclasses," then he would have been 16. I can't imagine why you'd hold back a kid who started school late like that, but who knows?

16 year olds playing 2021??? wth, my older son is a committed 17 year old 2018, some of his fellow rising senior friends are still 16. Some kid is going to really get hurt out there. This is just insanity now. If my kid got injured by some kid playing down two plus years, I'd have to kick the father's [lacrosse]. Sorry would have to happen.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BTW, nice job this weekend to Igloo Avalanche for bringing in Black Ice kids to play . . .

Our 2021 team does not have one 15 year old yet, I understand that by end of 2017 the team if it stays the same will have one which has a Dec 2002 birthday. I called our director and asked for our team and I wrote this as just curious of the few previous posts which said 15 year olds for 2021 and 14 for 2022 teams as my son is turning 14 in Oct of this year. Was out at the NLF tourney this weekend and saw the size and maturity of some of the 2021 kids on some of the teams like Eclipse, Team 91, the Boston Black team (what a difference in size and maturity as compared to their yellow team in the same 2021 year) , just curious the actually age of some of them. I know this is when their body changes. One of the other parents said they thought some of the kids were already 15 and turning 16, on some of the teams. Does anyone know when rosters are submitted are birthdates included. Also who runs the NLF as I thought it was strange that Team 91 played one tough game in league play and the other tougher teams played each other. As they lost to Eclipse but yet made the playoffs and Eclipse did not and they had the same 3-1 record but Eclipse played tougher teams. Another game which seemed spirited was Express losing to Icon, for the most part can't say I saw any kids I thought were 15-16 years on either of those teams.

Icon and I would guess Express are the correct age but there are some who say that Express has a couple of older kids but I don't know for sure. We all do know that the off Long Island top teams are all mostly 15/16. If you saw these kids you would not believe they are 2021. Blaze has a few older kids and Igloo is all correct age albeit many kids who would be 2020 in other states. Over the next two years the older teams will be winning these tournaments. By 11th grade long Island teams will catch up to the older teams and dominate like they did before this year when the re classed kids played as 8th graders for the second time or even double hold backs played as eighth graders for the third time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 changed the rules at NLF to allow them to move through..Rules clearly stated that head to head were the tie breakers...Eclipse beat 9-8 on Saturday..If the rules were followed Eclipse should have been the 2 seed and then goal differential would decide the 3 seed between HHH and 91..so typical of 91...TOTAL BS MOVE...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Tourney Machine bracket initially had Eclipse and Big 4 HHH in the playoff. Then it was changed. 91 was in and Eclipse was out, even though Eclipse beat 91.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Tourney Machine bracket initially had Eclipse and Big 4 HHH in the playoff. Then it was changed. 91 was in and Eclipse was out, even though Eclipse beat 91.

One team 4-0 and three teams 3-1. Head to head did not apply, because neither Eclipse nor 91 played HHH in pool play. The next determining factor was goal differential which put 91 and HHH in the playoffs. This should have been explained thoroughly in the rules. It was not. The way this went down was a problem and it is hard to believe Eclipse was excluded from the playoffs. But this is not some conspiracy by 91 to exclude Eclipse; to my understanding they are both members of the NLF. The real issue was why 91 and Eclipse were not scheduled to play HHH in pool play and what teams were placed in what divisions. Clearly the one division was stronger than the other. Eclipse is a great team but they failed to beat Madlax when push came to shove. All they had to do was win that game and they would have made the playoffs. Goal differential would not have come into play.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NOT TRUE...If the rules said tie breaker then your theory makes sense..Rules clearly say tiebreakers..therefore head to head clearly comes into play...NICE TRY....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm the author of the post about Tourney Machine. Just noting it was a little odd that the tournament directors themselves appeared not to know how to apply the rules.

Putting that aside, it was a terrific tournament. 91-Eclipse, Madlax-Eclipse, Leading Edge-HHH, and both Madlax-HHH games were very well played, tightly contested games. All four of those clubs got what they came for, top competition.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NOT TRUE...If the rules said tie breaker then your theory makes sense..Rules clearly say tiebreakers..therefore head to head clearly comes into play...NICE TRY....

I did not try anything. Read my statement. This is what happened. It is not theory. The rules were ambiguous. In my personal intereptation, 91 can't make the playoffs if Eclipse doesn't. Eclipse in on head to head. 91 in over HHH on goal differential. HHH out. That's how I saw it. The organizers who established the rules made the call. Their rules, their interpretation, their decision. NLF made the decision, not 91. Again, beat Madlax and your destiny is in your hands. Stop complaining, it's contagious.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What would be the rankings among Long Island teams

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Head to head is out because the 3 teams- 91, Eclipse, HHH- did not play each other. Eclipse had the worst goal differential and the worst goals allowed amongst the 3. Eclipse did beat 91 but you can not bring head to head into play when the tie breaker is amongst 3 teams with 1 loss.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How can you use head to head in a 3 way tie when on of the 3 didn't play the other 2?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Head to head is out because the 3 teams- 91, Eclipse, HHH- did not play each other. Eclipse had the worst goal differential and the worst goals allowed amongst the 3. Eclipse did beat 91 but you can not bring head to head into play when the tie breaker is amongst 3 teams with 1 loss.

Exactly - anyone who has ever played in a competitive tournament should know/understand this. This happens all the time that there are 3+ teams that have the same record, but because they have not all played each other, the first tie break (head to head) cannot apply and you must then move on to whatever is next (sometimes goals against, sometimes goal differential). THAT is the real thing that must be paid attention to in these tournaments as there is quite a difference between goals against and goal differential in terms of teams' performances.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rankings among LI teams is Team 91 is in a class by themselves (whether or not they have older kids, don't know ) but they are clearly the top team, Igloo is next they are clearly the next team, with Icon beating Express would have to assume they are next followed by Express, then I saw LI Empire and thought they were pretty good, guessing GC34, Outlaws top team, then ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rankings among LI teams is Team 91 is in a class by themselves (whether or not they have older kids, don't know ) but they are clearly the top team, Igloo is next they are clearly the next team, with Icon beating Express would have to assume they are next followed by Express, then I saw LI Empire and thought they were pretty good, guessing GC34, Outlaws top team, then ?

Blaze over Igloo easy. Igloo's days of dominating the class are over. Express is not playing good right now but they are missing several top players to injuries. Different team when healthy. There isn't enough data on Icon, don't really see them anywhere. Also, enough with the "older kids" caveat, they're going into 9th grade.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Blaze over Igloo easy. Igloo's days of dominating the class are over. Express is not playing good right now but they are missing several top players to injuries. Different team when healthy. There isn't enough data on Icon, don't really see them anywhere. Also, enough with the "older kids" caveat, they're going into 9th grade.

With or without Blaze's double holdback?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

With or without Blaze's double holdback?

With and without.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In rhe championships of a B level bracket. I feel for the kids who are really a part of that team who rode the bench to allow Fat Mike and AA's kids to dominate the game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

In other words, yes they're older....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Super Teams, that's what one Dad told me, teams from out west come to the North East to play the best teams in the country. In order to make it worth their while they are now creating Super Teams, the best players in 3 to 4 surrounding states. It makes sense, and parents and kids can hold their heads up.

No one wants to get their [lacrosse] kicked over and over and over. It's not a secret, it's what they need to do to be competitive when they come East!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Super Teams, that's what one Dad told me, teams from out west come to the North East to play the best teams in the country. In order to make it worth their while they are now creating Super Teams, the best players in 3 to 4 surrounding states. It makes sense, and parents and kids can hold their heads up.

No one wants to get their [lacrosse] kicked over and over and over. It's not a secret, it's what they need to do to be competitive when they come East!

These teams are taking kids from all over the country not just surrounding area have mostly 15 year olds and some 16 year old. They have few 14 year olds and no 13 year olds. It is how they compete with the north east teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The team that does that from LI is The Sting. Take kids from all over the country to play for them. Mostly a high school and PG team. My son played for them as a 10 th grader and had kids who were 19 and 20 on his team. The kids were from Texas, Virginia, Calif, NJ, Westchester, CT. Cost a lot to play and travel. In the end, kids from LI dominated and the out of state kids sometimes never saw the field. Also, the team size for tournaments was 40 to 45 players. Only the favorites or the parents who paid the recruiting counseling fee saw the field. What an experience! My opinion, work on the grades, will go a lot farther and produce more opportunities.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Whats going on over at Igl@@. They sent an email out to all the Avalanche parents saying they were not having the team this year. thats a whole bunch of kids now without a team. And a whole bunch of kids that tried out to make that team only to find out there was no team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Whats going on over at Igl@@. They sent an email out to all the Avalanche parents saying they were not having the team this year. thats a whole bunch of kids now without a team. And a whole bunch of kids that tried out to make that team only to find out there was no team.

If true that sucks. Why would they eliminate a team. Did they give a reason

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Go to Tide try outs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who is tide ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who is tide ?

Avalanche had issues with kids showing up to practice. I'm sure they want to start over or just focus on Black Ice. I never heard of tide. Who are they and what do they offer that other teams don't.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who is tide ?

Avalanche had issues with kids showing up to practice. I'm sure they want to start over or just focus on Black Ice. I never heard of tide. Who are they and what do they offer that other teams don't.
Who is the new coach going to be of Black Ice?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who is tide ?

Who is the new coach going to be of Black Ice?

AA wouldn't stay on?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LI Tide is a great opportunity. great group with coaches that are in it for all the boys. Every weekend coaches were coming by to chat with the coaches about the boys. of course the boys were a great bunch - by design. that's how the tide rolls.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Long Island Tide just graduated 40 seniors and the coach is coming back to coach a 2020 team and a 2021 team. Those 40 seniors included 25 D1, 5 D2, and 10 D3 commits. Coach Kaffl's passion for the game is second to none and he has contacts all across college lacrosse. Not only is Tide great in terms of college and exposure, with Tide you choose which tournaments you attend and pay for each separately, giving you the opportunity to save money in the expensive world of summer lacrosse. Highly recommend giving it a shot. The seniors got on board with Tide going into their sophomore years of high school, right in the middle of the early recruiting frenzy. Although risky, it paid dividends in the long run. Don't be afraid to join a newer team like this. The track record speaks for itself.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Long Island Tide just graduated 40 seniors and the coach is coming back to coach a 2020 team and a 2021 team. Those 40 seniors included 25 D1, 5 D2, and 10 D3 commits. Coach Kaffl's passion for the game is second to none and he has contacts all across college lacrosse. Not only is Tide great in terms of college and exposure, with Tide you choose which tournaments you attend and pay for each separately, giving you the opportunity to save money in the expensive world of summer lacrosse. Highly recommend giving it a shot. The seniors got on board with Tide going into their sophomore years of high school, right in the middle of the early recruiting frenzy. Although risky, it paid dividends in the long run. Don't be afraid to join a newer team like this. The track record speaks for itself.

What is there website? and where do they practice?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They practice in Glen Cove. Not sure about website. They are playing this weekend still looking for a couple of players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bill Tierney

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Very well said. I am a Tide parent who can wholeheartedly recommend this organization. There's none of the BS that's so common with other clubs. Kevin treats every kid like a son, and wants success for ALL all team members. My son loved playing with the Tide, and he continues to play on the summer league team at Cantiague.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Long Island Tide is a phenomenal organization. My son played for the original and only 2017 team. Coach is in it for all the right reason, purely the love of the sport, the competition and the boys. My son played all through HS and it was the best decision ever. Majority of the boys on team all went to D1 schools. Coach Kaffl is starting again for 2020 and 2021.
I would recommend anyone looking for a solid team, and a positive lacrosse experience, to look into The Long Island Tide. Wish we were still playing.

I don't think they have a website. Look at tryout info for contact info.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Email went out saying that they are going to combine the teams. Have 1 team of the best players. Roster will be 30-35 players. Yeah, I would sign up for that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LI Tide is a great opportunity. great group with coaches that are in it for all the boys. Every weekend coaches were coming by to chat with the coaches about the boys. of course the boys were a great bunch - by design. that's how the tide rolls.

I think I'm gonna hurl. This quote can cause diabetes.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Email went out saying that they are going to combine the teams. Have 1 team of the best players. Roster will be 30-35 players. Yeah, I would sign up for that.
Who is coach going to be?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think I'm gonna hurl. This quote can cause diabetes.

Sounds like the PR department is in full drive

Page 30 of 32 1 2 28 29 30 31 32

Link Copied to Clipboard