BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 42 of 44 1 2 40 41 42 43 44
Re: Girls 2021 - 8th Grade Fall 2016/ Summer 2017
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous]Leg 2021 not at Hofstra. I heard the 24's won.

Yes they beat TG Black in the final 9-1

I also heart the Leg 23 team didn't go to the tournament it was too competitive for them

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Say what you want but it's the only national tournament with a level playing field. The MD , Capital , teams would never show due to the age restrictions and no home town cooking with the refs etc.

Home town cooking? So what do you call it when the MD teams beat you in tournaments when they are in PA and NJ?
I know this is parents and you sound like 2-year olds, you are obviously living through your kids. I have older kids too and the best teams (which can vary by graduating year) - M&D, Skywalkers, YJs, Capital, Heros, STEPS, there are others - typically win some and lose some against one another each summer. M&D, SWs, and YJs
tend to win disproportionately from what I have seen, but all of them tend to be very competitive against one another as they get older. Of course they all want to win and they should but in the whole scheme of things who cares if they end up playing college lacrosse at a place they want to be if that is what they want. If they play on a top team, they will definitely actively been seen by the coaches.

Tell me which year a STEPS team could legitimately claim to be a top team. I stopped reading after that as I just assumed the rest of it would be just as nonsensical .

2019 to start won Lax for the cure . Beat TG, SW , heros green to win it.

That was some pool steps was in, amazing they even made it out of it...other pools were very soft.

It amazes me to listen the YJ Carro parents .. bottom line your kids are committed to nice programs and schools . As is mine. But to listen to the classless nonsense indicates you will be lonely on the sidelines if you continue to conduct yourselves in the manner you choose. Best of luck we will be sure not to include you in our tailgates.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It amazes me to listen the YJ Carro parents .. bottom line your kids are committed to nice programs and schools . As is mine. But to listen to the classless nonsense indicates you will be lonely on the sidelines if you continue to conduct yourselves in the manner you choose. Best of luck we will be sure not to include you in our tailgates.

What amazes me is that a know it all loser like you thinks they know who is posting. More amazing is that you think you will be the popular guy at your kids college tailgates . That pompous know it all attitude will get you no where and the parents of college players don't care if your kid played YJ ,but a douchie attitude like yours will surely get you uninvited . Can anyone say tailgate for one .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why are YJ 2019 and Steps 2019 teams being discussed on the 2021 forum?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What amazes me is that a know it all loser like you thinks they know who is posting. More amazing is that you think you will be the popular guy at your kids college tailgates . That pompous know it all attitude will get you no where and the parents of college players don't care if your kid played YJ ,but a douchie attitude like yours will surely get you uninvited . Can anyone say tailgate for one .

Haha..they show up wearing their YJ wear at tournaments ...its so embarrassing..will that continue t the college level? maybe a bee hat?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Guess 21s are too boring.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Guess 21s are too boring.

Will liven up one Liberty takes down YJ for two crowns, undisputed best on LI and National Champs!
Does stink we have to fly to VA to do this and probably could have been settled at Hofstra but still worth the effort.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
National champ is the funniest part of that last post. Enjoy the airport, we will be enjoying family time at the beach knowing who the real national champs are. SW

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
National champ is the funniest part of that last post. Enjoy the airport, we will be enjoying family time at the beach knowing who the real national champs are. SW

Sorry this is the u14 national championship not the my 15 y.o hold back and her hold back friends playing against younger kids championship that you SW pride yourselves on . Your SW teams used to put it on the line but now that you all get left back in pre-k it's amazing you no longer go .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry this is the u14 national championship not the my 15 y.o hold back and her hold back friends playing against younger kids championship that you SW pride yourselves on . Your SW teams used to put it on the line but now that you all get left back in pre-k it's amazing you no longer go .

Ha, now that is hilarious. I have 2 D-1 daughter's (not sw) far removed from club. Nothing is furthermore than the truth than your NY/NJ BS regarding "holdbacks."

There is WAAY more competition down in MD for a roster spot, in HS or club, hence the level of competition. Keep making excuses while ur teams get rocked by MD.

I'm not saying our parents and "smack talking" are superior, but our lacrosse is. FEAR THE TURTLE!!!!!!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ha, now that is hilarious. I have 2 D-1 daughter's (not sw) far removed from club. Nothing is furthermore than the truth than your NY/NJ BS regarding "holdbacks."

There is WAAY more competition down in MD for a roster spot, in HS or club, hence the level of competition. Keep making excuses while ur teams get rocked by MD.

I'm not saying our parents and "smack talking" are superior, but our lacrosse is. FEAR THE TURTLE!!!!!!

Wow . Two D1 daughters so impressive . Question for you ,how is it that 2/3 of the UA players from Washington and Baltimore combined last year would have been considered hold backs ( I use last year because they posted dob ).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
First enforce the age change to actual age U15. Then posting team roster and dob, also for all players must have a state issued ID required to register for tournaments. All coach should have a roster with photo to show refee before each game. I'm a MD parent and I'm for these changes. Other sport do this like soccer.... to end the hold back crying I'm for it. We will not loss one player to the new age rules.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So what were this girls ages that were held back........

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter plays in this age group in Maryland and is on age - born after 9/1/02 - as are nearly all of her teammates. There are a handful of girls with summer birthdays on the team. In Maryland, the practice of repeating 8th grade is rampant on the boy's side (will be interesting to see if it continues after the rule change) but is all but non-existent on the girl's side. I don't consider a girl or boy a holdback if they did a pre-first year due to a summer birthday. This topic was all the rage when my 2018 son was a rising freshman and then it was never mentioned again.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LI had all summer to win a tournament against MD teams. Last year too. National Champs!!! Too funny.

Since 5th grade M&D has won over 20 championships where all the top MD and LI teams attended. SW won all of them this summer. YJ won Lax for the Cure 2 years ago. That's it for LI. Ever. Have fun travelling to Virginia to play each other so that you can say you are the best in the nation. Everyone else knows better.

Also, LI started grade based lacrosse, not MD. So stop crying about the age difference that really hardly exists in girls lacrosse to begin with.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Go back in your hole CRAB

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter plays in this age group in Maryland and is on age - born after 9/1/02 - as are nearly all of her teammates. There are a handful of girls with summer birthdays on the team. In Maryland, the practice of repeating 8th grade is rampant on the boy's side (will be interesting to see if it continues after the rule change) but is all but non-existent on the girl's side. I don't consider a girl or boy a holdback if they did a pre-first year due to a summer birthday. This topic was all the rage when my 2018 son was a rising freshman and then it was never mentioned again.

That's the thing , you would not consider a summer birthday a holdback but it is. On Long Island that summer birthday would put them in the middle of the age range( not older end not younger end) but a year younger than your non Maryland holdback. Ask your directors why they stopped putting in teams to the age based national championship, they just could not compete on age. The SW parents have a legitimate claim to being the best 2021 team in the country but the winner this weekend can claim they are unarguably the best U14 team in the country.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ok, my daughter is born in Oct 2002 and is a 2020.........not a 2021....we will agree to disagree is all.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LI had all summer to win a tournament against MD teams. Last year too. National Champs!!! Too funny.

Since 5th grade M&D has won over 20 championships where all the top MD and LI teams attended. SW won all of them this summer. YJ won Lax for the Cure 2 years ago. That's it for LI. Ever. Have fun travelling to Virginia to play each other so that you can say you are the best in the nation. Everyone else knows better.

Also, LI started grade based lacrosse, not MD. So stop crying about the age difference that really hardly exists in girls lacrosse to begin with.

Yes, holdbacks are rampant for the boys in MD and VA but not for the girls? OK, sure. Same families but they only give their sons the advantage? You really need to come up with a better excuse than "only the boys do that" because it's not working any longer. Odd, you guys don't show up to any age based tourneys though. Send your on age 2023s to the u14s and let's see how they do. You won't, they don't give a free position every time the wind blows to Suzie flopper MD. Wimp ball.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

blah blah blah...funny how the only tournament that is age based, MD doesn't show up to, interesting.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, holdbacks are rampant for the boys in MD and VA but not for the girls? OK, sure. Same families but they only give their sons the advantage? You really need to come up with a better excuse than "only the boys do that" because it's not working any longer. Odd, you guys don't show up to any age based tourneys though. Send your on age 2023s to the u14s and let's see how they do. You won't, they don't give a free position every time the wind blows to Suzie flopper MD. Wimp ball.

Obviously you have no idea how private schools work in MD. The girls schools don't offer a prefirst grade that the boys school do. Why? Because the idea is that boys with Spring and Summer birthdays benefit from starting school a little later. That is where a lot of the older boys come from, not necessarily from repeating a grade. It is very, very rare for girls to repeat grades. And it is very, very rare for girls to do a prefirst year as the girls' schools don't offer it. My daughter's 2021 team has 2 girls born in the last two weeks of August 2022. Other than that, every girl is after the 9/1 school cutoff date.

Who really needs to come up with a better excuse is the LI parents as to why MD teams easily run circles around their teams. Especially considering that there are a lot of very good teams in MD that the girls are spread between. Whereas on LI, YJ is the only team that can compete with M&D, SW, Heros, Stars, etc.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's the thing , you would not consider a summer birthday a holdback but it is. On Long Island that summer birthday would put them in the middle of the age range( not older end not younger end) but a year younger than your non Maryland holdback. Ask your directors why they stopped putting in teams to the age based national championship, they just could not compete on age. The SW parents have a legitimate claim to being the best 2021 team in the country but the winner this weekend can claim they are unarguably the best U14 team in the country.

Sorry, but a "pre-first year" due to a summer birthday is the exact definition of a holdback - didn't start school according to the schedule defined by the state. Can't do much about the 3 month difference between MD and NY, but don't make stuff up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No, just the best U14 team that showed up for this particular tournament that added "national championship" to its title. (And not sure "unarguably" is even a word.)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]LI had all summer to win a tournament against MD teams. Last year too. National Champs!!! Too funny.

Obviously you have no idea how private schools work in MD. The girls schools don't offer a prefirst grade that the boys school do. Why? Because the idea is that boys with Spring and Summer birthdays benefit from starting school a little later. That is where a lot of the older boys come from, not necessarily from repeating a grade. It is very, very rare for girls to repeat grades. And it is very, very rare for girls to do a prefirst year as the girls' schools don't offer it. My daughter's 2021 team has 2 girls born in the last two weeks of August 2022. Other than that, every girl is after the 9/1 school cutoff date.

Who really needs to come up with a better excuse is the LI parents as to why MD teams easily run circles around their teams. Especially considering that there are a lot of very good teams in MD that the girls are spread between. Whereas on LI, YJ is the only team that can compete with M&D, SW, Heros, Stars, etc.

Liberty already beat YJ this year it appears they can also compete

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

blah blah blah...funny how the only tournament that is age based, MD doesn't show up to, interesting.

Who cares. Lacrosse is grade based for 99.9% of games played. Guess who started grade based lacrosse?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No, just the best U14 team that showed up for this particular tournament that added "national championship" to its title. (And not sure "unarguably" is even a word.)

Your post just proves that some of you Maryland residents are held back in school for reasons other than athletics. If you are unsure of a word just look it up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No excuse the Maryland teams are great. But lets be honest about a few things
-Does Maryland have Middle School Lacrosse? I believe not, so while the Long Island Girls are playing school, Maryland girls are playing/practicing with their clubs.Huge advantage to play together. Most Long Island teams have a week or two of practices before we head off to our first tournament.
-Weather is big factor in getting the Long Island Girls on the field. Maryland spring is much earlier.
The one thing I have seen more than years prior that on any given Sunday.... Monster beat SW, Liberty beat YJ you never know. Your thumping your chest about how great you are - how many commits do you have in this grade? How many does LI have? Its not about your T-Shirt on Sunday, its about clubs making money and our daughters going to college.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]LI had all summer to win a tournament against MD teams. Last year too. National Champs!!! Too funny.

Liberty already beat YJ this year it appears they can also compete

And YJ hasn't beaten SW or M&D in 2 years. Liberty has never beaten them nor come close. Congrats Liberty on beating YJ one time. Maryland United beat M&D once too 3 years ago.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

-Does Maryland have Middle School Lacrosse? I believe not, so while the Long Island Girls are playing school, Maryland girls are playing/practicing with their clubs.Huge advantage to play together. Most Long Island teams have a week or two of practices before we head off to our first tournament.
-Weather is big factor in getting the Long Island Girls on the field. Maryland spring is much earlier.
The one thing I have seen more than years prior that on any given Sunday.... Monster beat SW, Liberty beat YJ you never know. Your thumping your chest about how great you are - how many commits do you have in this grade? How many does LI have? Its not about your T-Shirt on Sunday, its about clubs making money and our daughters going to college.

Maryland does have middle school lacrosse but LI girls are allowed to play for Varsity teams which I would argue is much more advantageous to their development then playing on a middle school team of mixed abilities. However, MD has a spring club league which i agree is an absolute advantage at the beginning of the summer. Why LI does not do the same thing is beyond me.

Congrats on YJ having so many commits. All that proves is that the parents and/or YJ pushes those girls hard on the colleges. Do you honestly believe when all is said and done that YJ will have more committed girls than SW, M&D, Heros, etc?? Committing in 8th grade is only important to the parents. I had no idea what I wanted to do in 8th grade and am thankful that my daughter now has the time to really make an informed decision instead of committing because everyone else was.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maryland does have middle school lacrosse but LI girls are allowed to play for Varsity teams which I would argue is much more advantageous to their development then playing on a middle school team of mixed abilities. However, MD has a spring club league which i agree is an absolute advantage at the beginning of the summer. Why LI does not do the same thing is beyond me.

Congrats on YJ having so many commits. All that proves is that the parents and/or YJ pushes those girls hard on the colleges. Do you honestly believe when all is said and done that YJ will have more committed girls than SW, M&D, Heros, etc?? Committing in 8th grade is only important to the parents. I had no idea what I wanted to do in 8th grade and am thankful that my daughter now has the time to really make an informed decision instead of committing because everyone else was.

What Counties in Maryland have Middle School Lacrosse? Please tell me how they practice 2x week and games on weekends with club and still play school ball?? Spring club league is a huge advantage. LI cant do it because of the weather and some egos from directors. Why do you dismiss YJ commits? Youll thump your chest about winning a half of one game and a tshirt but not give credit where it is due?? One more clue for you MD fans Long Island is an area not a state.
PS Not a YJ Parent

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Go on the Mid Atlantic Forum. This is the BOTC Main Forum for Northeast Lacrosse.

Go on the Maryland and Vicinity Forum boasting how great your 15 year old holdback daughter is on the 2021 year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What Counties in Maryland have Middle School Lacrosse? Please tell me how they practice 2x week and games on weekends with club and still play school ball?? Spring club league is a huge advantage. LI cant do it because of the weather and some egos from directors. Why do you dismiss YJ commits? Youll thump your chest about winning a half of one game and a tshirt but not give credit where it is due?? One more clue for you MD fans Long Island is an area not a state.
PS Not a YJ Parent

Baltimore county middle schools as well as all private schools have lacrosse. The girls have school practice/game up until 5 or 5:30 and then club practice at 6 a couple days a week.

I didn't dismiss the commits on YJ. They are very good players. But the only reason that they have more than M&D and SW is because they really pushed for them. You really think there aren't girls on those MD teams as good if not better than the YJ commits?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Go on the Mid Atlantic Forum. This is the BOTC Main Forum for Northeast Lacrosse.

Go on the Maryland and Vicinity Forum boasting how great your 15 year old holdback daughter is on the 2021 year.

No problem. As soon as LI parents stay out of the Maryland forums we'll stay out of this one.

If you don't like the boasting, win a tournament.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No problem. As soon as LI parents stay out of the Maryland forums we'll stay out of this one.

Lol, we just did. Lax For The Cure. Schooled you loser holdbacks.......now please go away, you're probably late for your flopping lesson.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who really needs to come up with a better excuse is the LI parents as to why MD teams easily run circles around their teams. Especially considering that there are a lot of very good teams in MD that the girls are spread between. Whereas on LI, YJ is the only team that can compete with M&D, SW, Heros, Stars, etc. [/quote]

[/quote]

Congrats on YJ having so many commits. All that proves is that the parents and/or YJ pushes those girls hard on the colleges. Do you honestly believe when all is said and done that YJ will have more committed girls than SW, M&D, Heros, etc?? Committing in 8th grade is only important to the parents. I had no idea what I wanted to do in 8th grade and am thankful that my daughter now has the time to really make an informed decision instead of committing because everyone else was.[/quote]

PS Not a YJ Parent
[/quote]

Baltimore county middle schools as well as all private schools have lacrosse. The girls have school practice/game up until 5 or 5:30 and then club practice at 6 a couple days a week.

I didn't dismiss the commits on YJ. They are very good players. But the only reason that they have more than M&D and SW is because they really pushed for them. You really think there aren't girls on those MD teams as good if not better than the YJ commits?[/quote]
You come up with one county that has middle school lacrosse? You Maryland people are unbelievable - age based tourneys no show and then bash the tourney. Oldest kids on our teams are all 2003 not 2002. You have a High School team that hasn't lost in like 20years they wouldn't be undefeated for one season on Long Island. Oh and then the winner is YJ parents pushed themselves on college coaches that's why they got offers. I better go push my daughter on a college because that's all it takes according to MD. There is a Maryland forum?? Um nobody cares or goes on it. Your teams are great no need to bash us and get off your pedestal your best team lost to Monsters. It happens but don't dismiss every team on Long Island you have 2 top teams, maybe we have 1, not a big difference that you all think there is. We have 2 counties on Long Island your teams have kids from several states be real. Look at your own words "My daughters 2021 team has two kids with 8/2002 birthdays, on LI they would be 2020. Enough said...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Plus, as a 15 year old in 8th grade your daughter is much more mature than my 13 year old and will probably have a better idea of what she wants to do in college. You're right, wait until 11th grade when she is 18, she'll really know what she wants to do by then and will be able to make a much better decision.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lol, we just did. Lax For The Cure. Schooled you loser holdbacks.......now please go away, you're probably late for your flopping lesson.

Last I checked Skywalkers won Lax for the Cure. Not sure what alternate universe you are living in but a LI team hasn't won a tournament in over 2 years.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/quote]

Congrats on YJ having so many commits. All that proves is that the parents and/or YJ pushes those girls hard on the colleges. Do you honestly believe when all is said and done that YJ will have more committed girls than SW, M&D, Heros, etc?? Committing in 8th grade is only important to the parents. I had no idea what I wanted to do in 8th grade and am thankful that my daughter now has the time to really make an informed decision instead of committing because everyone else was.[/quote]

PS Not a YJ Parent
[/quote]

I didn't dismiss the commits on YJ. They are very good players. But the only reason that they have more than M&D and SW is because they really pushed for them. You really think there aren't girls on those MD teams as good if not better than the YJ commits?[/quote]
You come up with one county that has middle school lacrosse? You Maryland people are unbelievable - age based tourneys no show and then bash the tourney. Oldest kids on our teams are all 2003 not 2002. You have a High School team that hasn't lost in like 20years they wouldn't be undefeated for one season on Long Island. Oh and then the winner is YJ parents pushed themselves on college coaches that's why they got offers. I better go push my daughter on a college because that's all it takes according to MD. There is a Maryland forum?? Um nobody cares or goes on it. Your teams are great no need to bash us and get off your pedestal your best team lost to Monsters. It happens but don't dismiss every team on Long Island you have 2 top teams, maybe we have 1, not a big difference that you all think there is. We have 2 counties on Long Island your teams have kids from several states be real. Look at your own words "My daughters 2021 team has two kids with 8/2002 birthdays, on LI they would be 2020. Enough said...[/quote]

Right because there are a lot of lacrosse players from anywhere other than Baltimore, Howard, Carroll and AA counties in MD. Truth is, the population of Long Island is much larger than the lacrosse playing areas of Maryland. Come up with another excuse.

In terms of the birthdays, maybe LI should get with the rest of the country and make their school cutoff 9/1. Not to mention LI started grade based lacrosse. Md team followed suit. Carol Rose uses this to explain the reason you don't win. Other age groups don't have an issue. What is wrong with the 2021s on the island?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Plus, as a 15 year old in 8th grade your daughter is much more mature than my 13 year old and will probably have a better idea of what she wants to do in college. You're right, wait until 11th grade when she is 18, she'll really know what she wants to do by then and will be able to make a much better decision.

If you honestly believe that there will be 18 year old girls in 11th grade I don't know what to tell you. There were no 15 year old girls on the MD teams this summer. Come up with a new excuse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are correct, there are many MD kids/parents who could have pushed the early commit thing and have been the first to commit. And yes there are better players on the MD and SW teams, and even better players on the YJ team. Do not equate early commits solely to talent level, it doesn't always work like that. You are also correct it is more a function of parents pushing the issue.

Page 42 of 44 1 2 40 41 42 43 44

Link Copied to Clipboard