BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,300
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 87 of 91 1 2 85 86 87 88 89 90 91
Re: Boys 2024 5th Grade Fall 2016/ Summer 2017
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Except for maybe 2 or 3 players the WP doesn't need to make any changes. They have some of the best kids in the sport at this age. Taz needs a few tweaks and they will stay in the top tier always and be a great opponent for the WP and Express is a couple of players away from being a top tier team. The few other teams need some overhaul to start competing at this level. Middle school is approaching fast and the goal should be to get your kid in a situation where the competition is at a high-level so when they do enter MS or HS they are prepared. Made the mistake with my 2018 and kept him in a semi to non-competitive situation and it turned out blowing up in my face when he got to MS/ HS. He's a good player but not the caliber of player that the kids who stayed on the high competitive teams are. Yes there will always be that one two or three kids that show up in middle school and grab the stick for the first time and become a stud but times are changing very quickly and these kids that are playing at a high-level now are moving the ball quicker faster and their skills/IQ are getting so sharp at a young age that it will be very hard for a large group of boys to just show up and think they can compete. Made the mistake once won't make it again

Express will have a much bigger turn over than you think...at least 10 spots up for grabs.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Correct me if I'm wrong, but every sport my son has played over the past 7 years, since he was 4 has been a dad coach. Youth coaches are usually dad coaches aren't they. How many people actually earn livings coaching youth teams. I'm sure there are some, but I haven't seen any. My son has played 3 sports a year. That's 21 sets of coaches/assistant coaches, every single one has been a dad coach.

Most decent travel teams pay their coaches - yes, some of them have boys on the team, and some of those boys get better opportunities - playing time and/or team - than they might otherwise, but many teams have paid coaches with no connection to players. Don't mix in PAL, local soccer, and/or baseball, or any other community sports with travel - the former is almost all parents as coaches. It's an apples to oranges comparison with travel lacrosse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Correct me if I'm wrong, but every sport my son has played over the past 7 years, since he was 4 has been a dad coach. Youth coaches are usually dad coaches aren't they. How many people actually earn livings coaching youth teams. I'm sure there are some, but I haven't seen any. My son has played 3 sports a year. That's 21 sets of coaches/assistant coaches, every single one has been a dad coach.

Most are probably more qualified.

yes youth town sports cause they are volunteer ..but clubs should not let dads coach their kids age group even if they are qualified when they are getting paid thousands

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

kid wasn't even at tryouts

Yet, you'll see him at attack, midfield and man up. Maybe he should bring a long pole to tourneys as well.[/quote]

coming soon
[/quote]
Daddy Coach at its finest. Its like the textbook definition. This isn't 2nd grade, its 6th grade. Daddy has to move over and let the athletes get on the field. No clue why anyone would put $ over there.[/quote]

THE WORST. My kid didn't get a spot on this team after he put in 6 hours at two days of tryouts in 95 degree heat. Guess who didn't have to do that? Where was he? [/quote]

Your kid must stink.[/quote]

yes that's why we tried out...the whole team stinks so thought it would be the perfect fit for my son

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Except for maybe 2 or 3 players the WP doesn't need to make any changes. They have some of the best kids in the sport at this age. Taz needs a few tweaks and they will stay in the top tier always and be a great opponent for the WP and Express is a couple of players away from being a top tier team. The few other teams need some overhaul to start competing at this level. Middle school is approaching fast and the goal should be to get your kid in a situation where the competition is at a high-level so when they do enter MS or HS they are prepared. Made the mistake with my 2018 and kept him in a semi to non-competitive situation and it turned out blowing up in my face when he got to MS/ HS. He's a good player but not the caliber of player that the kids who stayed on the high competitive teams are. Yes there will always be that one two or three kids that show up in middle school and grab the stick for the first time and become a stud but times are changing very quickly and these kids that are playing at a high-level now are moving the ball quicker faster and their skills/IQ are getting so sharp at a young age that it will be very hard for a large group of boys to just show up and think they can compete. Made the mistake once won't make it again

Express will have a much bigger turn over than you think...at least 10 spots up for grabs.

Express B yes, not Express A
They just need a coach who will show up

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Both we have 10 spot open. A kids are already leaving and some are already being replaced.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where are they going? Where is this greener grass.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where are they going? Where is this greener grass.

Some just want a different shade of green and as you know some teams have already held tryouts

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Both we have 10 spot open. A kids are already leaving and some are already being replaced.

What a ridiculous comment. You have no idea what you are saying. If you play for O'rielly you should consider yourself lucky. He cares about the kids and is a good dude. Anyone on here that says otherwise is either bitter or clueless.. You should get over A and B nonsense and pay attention to if your kid is getting better and having fun. This [lacrosse] is over fast and you are missing the view by worrying about your seat.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What teams are looking for an upgrade at attackmen?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What a ridiculous comment. You have no idea what you are saying. If you play for O'rielly you should consider yourself lucky. He cares about the kids and is a good dude. Anyone on here that says otherwise is either bitter or clueless.. You should get over A and B nonsense and pay attention to if your kid is getting better and having fun. This [lacrosse] is over fast and you are missing the view by worrying about your seat.

Agreed- O'rielly is a very good coach. But the A-guy does not know how to develop or coach these young boys. Great HS coach, but He has NO clue about evaluating young talent.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What teams are looking for an upgrade at attackmen?

Every Team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agreed- O'rielly is a very good coach. But the A-guy does not know how to develop or coach these young boys. Great HS coach, but He has NO clue about evaluating young talent.

Average HS coach and yes, I know he had some success this year

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nobody cares about O'Reilly

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Exactly my point. Worry about the coach and your kids development. The rest is all parents making themselves feel good. Is every team including Express "B" perfect, no. That being said O'Reilly always listens and is open to figuring things out for the betterment of the kids. Now if you think that is a bad thing, be our guest and find a better fit.....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nobody cares about O'Reilly

Nobody cares about YOU keyboard cowboy. This is a forum to talk about peoples experience to possibly help others out. Your hate only soothes your hurt ego that your kid is terrible and you base your whole existence on his Lax career. Get a life loser, either look to help with your experience or step aside for someone who will. Tired of you losers posting nonsense already.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/quote]
Both we have 10 spot open. A kids are already leaving and some are already being replaced. [/quote]

What a ridiculous comment. You have no idea what you are saying. If you play for O'rielly you should consider yourself lucky. He cares about the kids and is a good dude. Anyone on here that says otherwise is either bitter or clueless.. You should get over A and B nonsense and pay attention to if your kid is getting better and having fun. This [lacrosse] is over fast and you are missing the view by worrying about your seat.[/quote]
Nobody cares about O'Reilly[/quote]

Nobody cares about YOU keyboard cowboy. This is a forum to talk about peoples experience to possibly help others out. Your hate only soothes your hurt ego that your kid is terrible and you base your whole existence on his Lax career. Get a life loser, either look to help with your experience or step aside for someone who will. Tired of you losers posting nonsense already. [/quote]

Their are no words for the above but enjoy the C life Skippy

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What a ridiculous comment. You have no idea what you are saying. If you play for O'rielly you should consider yourself lucky. He cares about the kids and is a good dude. Anyone on here that says otherwise is either bitter or clueless.. You should get over A and B nonsense and pay attention to if your kid is getting better and having fun. This [****] is over fast and you are missing the view by worrying about your seat.[/quote]

Nobody cares about YOU keyboard cowboy. This is a forum to talk about peoples experience to possibly help others out. Your hate only soothes your hurt ego that your kid is terrible and you base your whole existence on his Lax career. Get a life loser, either look to help with your experience or step aside for someone who will. Tired of you losers posting nonsense already. [/quote]

You have to love when someone's level of intelligence shines for the world to see. Enjoy your landscaping route, make sure your blades are sharp. Rememeber your little boy will take that over some day once his "A" level lax career is over.....lol

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Both we have 10 spot open. A kids are already leaving and some are already being replaced. [/quote]

What a ridiculous comment. You have no idea what you are saying. If you play for O'rielly you should consider yourself lucky. He cares about the kids and is a good dude. Anyone on here that says otherwise is either bitter or clueless.. You should get over A and B nonsense and pay attention to if your kid is getting better and having fun. This [lacrosse] is over fast and you are missing the view by worrying about your seat.[/quote]

[/quote]

No one cares about O'Reilly? Oh, really? Yes, no one cares about that guy or his team, by golly!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/quote]

No one cares about O'Reilly? Oh, really? Yes, no one cares about that guy or his team, by golly!
[/quote]

Express cares. He is their biggest revenue producer. Does a great job with all his teams. Express would not be able to replace him with one coach, more like 3 or 4.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Legacy guy here and will say oreilly busts his [lacrosse] training anybkid he can get. He gets them to play.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are mistaken with Taz and WP. Seems some didn't get the message. It will be the best man for the job moving forward. No favors, package deals, or bigmouth sideline jerks need attend tryouts this year. Concerned about your sons playing time or lack thereof here's some good advice: go elsewhere. You don't like the assistant coach/owner: go somewhere else. Again it will be best man for the job even if he is out of state. Those teams show up to win. This isn't 3rd grade. Wouldn't be surprised if there is a large turnover.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Legacy guy here and will say oreilly busts his [lacrosse] training anybkid he can get. He gets them to play.

yup. guess how many kids on the Express A 2025s and 2024s had O'reilly first as their coach.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

How do you know? Question- Will you be leaving Legacy? not looking to start a convo as to why.... just asking if Legacy parents are having their kids try out on other leagues...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He gets most kids to love the sport. Agreed, he's not for everyone but compared to most coaches of B teaches he's the best you will get and your son will learn to love the game, which is what it should be about.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are mistaken with Taz and WP. Seems some didn't get the message. It will be the best man for the job moving forward. No favors, package deals, or bigmouth sideline jerks need attend tryouts this year. Concerned about your sons playing time or lack thereof here's some good advice: go elsewhere. You don't like the assistant coach/owner: go somewhere else. Again it will be best man for the job even if he is out of state. Those teams show up to win. This isn't 3rd grade. Wouldn't be surprised if there is a large turnover.

Taz and WP show up to win . . . except when the play Madlax.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Anyone that has a chance to make either of these teams, would have received a phone call asking them to come down for a work out. But they will be happy to grab your money.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who is coaching 2024 Igloo? The whole staff

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Would you have received a phone call by now if you were asked to play in the A or B team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Would you have received a phone call by now if you were asked to play in the A or B team?

Call them. they are good at getting back to you. They might have lost you in the process. And if you want to have your son play for them, tell them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm lost on how people can commit to even a tryout without knowing who the head coach is. Each club team is different from team to team. It's all about the coach!! Even great Org's have poor coaching.
Good luck.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is the story with Shore 2 Shore? I know a new team but do they have kids coming in that can play? Coaches set up ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
REALLY

Taz and WP show up to win . . . except when the play Madlax.
REALLY!!! MADLAX hahaha ..they lost to WP and Taz.. and will again..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No, First round of calls went out for A. Depending on who accepts another round of A calls will go out if needed. Once A is set B calls will go out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/quote]

Express cares. He is their biggest revenue producer. Does a great job with all his teams. Express would not be able to replace him with one coach, more like 3 or 4.[/quote]

Thanks RVC MOMMY, or is it DADDY?

Yes, O'Reilly is a great guy and does yeoman's work for Express but is spread way to thin to field a competitive team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is the story with Shore 2 Shore? I know a new team but do they have kids coming in that can play? Coaches set up ?

Coach is Isaac Neil is the coach. If they are serious about this team they will move the couple of 2024's on the 2023 roster down to the 2024 team otherwise if will be another team like 24 or worse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Neal and Rooney are both involved with other clubs.... if they break off with NineDOne and Outlaw$ it may be good, if they split it may be bad.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Neal and Rooney are both involved with other clubs.... if they break off with NineDOne and Outlaw$ it may be good, if they split it may be bad.

Rooney is gone from 91 as his older boy is aged out of the program. He is all yours now. Take my Coach, please!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Both are exclusive to S2S moving forward

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Both are exclusive to S2S moving forward

Neal and Rooney both left those clubs. They are both with S2S. Neal is head coaching the 2024s.

Page 87 of 91 1 2 85 86 87 88 89 90 91

Link Copied to Clipboard