BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 20 of 37 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 36 37
Re: Boys 2023- PA and Surrounding Area
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Way to challenge yourself Freedom...taking your "AA" team to an event your B team could win....

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Way to challenge yourself Freedom...taking your "AA" team to an event your B team could win....

So Dukes Nationals plays NXT Cup and Freedom Red plays crappy B team tournament....says all you need to know about the coaches priorities.....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So Dukes Nationals plays NXT Cup and Freedom Red plays crappy B team tournament....says all you need to know about the coaches priorities.....

Yep, again, why does Freedom allow this?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
$$$$

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well if you can't beat or compete BL, just expand your geographic footprint and grab some studs from other areas so you can compete.
Lame.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Freedom 2023 Red coach is the DN 2023 coach. He has a bunch of Freedom kids on DN. Perhaps Freedom is a B team without the DN kids.

Well if you can't beat or compete BL, just expand your geographic footprint and grab some studs from other areas so you can compete.
Lame.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
PA Brine team filled with DN players....wins one game, what gives? Where's the man child daddy now...speechless.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A ton of Dukes Nationals on PA team at Brine Nationals and only one win, are you kidding? I think they better go back to playing in B Tournaments with the Freedom Coaches or just keep taking all your money at mini camps.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure who picked that team, but clearly dukes coaches had something to do with it or none of the better kids tried out. I was told one of the kids was only 10 and most of the other dukes kids were 2024. How is it possible that no one better tried out?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
DN nothing without the Out of state kids. Local DN players are just marginal Freedom players taking non important roles, but good payers showing up at all DN events.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dukes nationals picked all their own kids to represent PA. Daddy, and buddy ball at its finest. That's typical of the DN program. Money grab.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure who picked that team, but clearly dukes coaches had something to do with it or none of the better kids tried out. I was told one of the kids was only 10 and most of the other dukes kids were 2024. How is it possible that no one better tried out?

Mostly 2024 kids. No one tried out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lots of the kids not from PA either

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dear anonymous parent, I apologize (not really) that Man Child is bigger, faster, and stronger than some of his competition, he works hard and enjoys playing. Admittedly the past week did not go as planned but a great experience was had.

In the future, try introducing yourself at the next tournament, maybe get to know what a class act man child is, instead of taking the lazy route.

I am also easily accessible at any tournament and rarely speechless so please feel free to say hello.
JF

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So after BL at this age, who has the best coaching and program?
Local team, not the DN nonsense.
Thanks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Local team, not the DN nonsense.Thanks.

1. BL
2. Freedom
3. Mesa
4. Team 11
5. Sons
6. HHH
7. WCE
8. NXT
9. RR

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team 11 seems to be coming along nicely. Mesa is clearly the 2nd best in both coaching and caliber and the only team on this list that can claim to have beaten Brotherly Love

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1. BL
2. Freedom
3. Mesa
4. Team 11
5. Sons
6. HHH
7. WCE
8. NXT
9. RR

How does one define best program? Competitiveness of the team (Wins/Losses or Tournament won) or can best program be the one which makes you feel as though you are getting what you are paying for. Good communication, good/caring coaches, fun experience (both lax and non). I guess OP would need to set that definition for themselves and then those in these various programs could opine.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1. BL
2. Freedom
3. Mesa
4. Team 11
5. Sons
6. HHH
7. WCE
8. NXT
9. RR

What about Dukes Young Guns(Not DN)? Or didn't they have a 2023 team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1. BL
2. Freedom
3. Mesa
4. Team 11
5. Sons
6. HHH
7. WCE
8. NXT
9. RR

How does one define best program? Competitiveness of the team (Wins/Losses or Tournament won) or can best program be the one which makes you feel as though you are getting what you are paying for. Good communication, good/caring coaches, fun experience (both lax and non). I guess OP would need to set that definition for themselves and then those in these various programs could opine.

OP here.
Fair question.
I'd say from a coaching and development perspective.
Having fun is paramount for both me and my son. Therefore, a good group of parents to share solo cups with on the sidelines helps things too.
I don't care about posting a victory pic on FB or getting the "champion" tshirt. I care about my kid getting better. He's not going D1 but he's solid player.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If they had a team they never played.

HHH and Mesa are both better than Freedom, unless Freedom brings there guest DN players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1. BL
2. Freedom
3. Mesa
4. Team 11
5. Sons
6. HHH
7. WCE
8. NXT
9. RR

OP here.
Fair question.
Having fun is paramount for both me and my son. Therefore, a good group of parents to share solo cups with on the sidelines helps things too.
I don't care about posting a victory pic on FB or getting the "champion" tshirt. I care about my kid getting better. He's not going D1 but he's solid player.

Best advice you can get for choosing a team: Find a team (depending on your kids position) where if he's a Mid he's top 6, attack top 4, or D top 5. Otherwise find a less competitive team where he is one of those spots. Once you find that fit, you'll be good. All the teams, have good coaching and fun people. Your kids fit into that team is the key.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1. BL
2. Freedom
3. Mesa
4. Team 11
5. Sons
6. HHH
7. WCE
8. NXT
9. RR

OP here.
Fair question.

If you are looking at development, just look at the teams that year over year are competing better and not just at the top. Those at the bottom who are advancing each year. It's easy to be the top team with the most talent, but it's the teams that each season show progress as a team that show true development. It's new time, the places that are focusing integrating Box lacrosse are the places to be. If teams are turning large pieces of their roster each year they are not concerned with developing the players, only win and losses.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team 11 seems to be coming along nicely. Mesa is clearly the 2nd best in both coaching and caliber and the only team on this list that can claim to have beaten Brotherly Love

Don't be fooled by the shiny helmets. The 2023 team has been together for years as Bucks Select and still coached by the same guy. Solid well coached team but team 11 had nothing to do with it besides ordering the uniforms. Team 11 at all other age groups are on Fusions competitive level.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know anything about this Duke's Nationals team having tryouts at Hofstra?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know anything about this Duke's Nationals team having tryouts at Hofstra?

I heard there are swarms of kids driving up from the south and flying in for the try-outs just so they can pay weeks by week for clinics only to have guest players take their spots at tournaments.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Run from the Duke's Nationals daddy coached program.
Not one paid coach in the program except maybe the brother of the director. Then again, maybe the dads are paid.
Either way, dads involved at every level. That's not a great recipie if you've been around this long enough.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I hope you're not really looking for helpful information on this site. This is where angry parents come to pout, say other kids suck, and vent against the coaches that have scorned them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I hope you're not really looking for helpful information on this site. This is where angry parents come to pout, say other kids suck, and vent against the coaches that have scorned them.

But may still actually be speaking the truth.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I heard there are swarms of kids driving up from the south and flying in for the try-outs just so they can pay weeks by week for clinics only to have guest players take their spots at tournaments.

This is the director trying to spark interest in this assbag team. He posted this in every forum. Loser.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is the director trying to spark interest in this assbag team. He posted this in every forum. Loser.

What is an "assbag". haha

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ah-ha, coaches kids are always terrible... donahue, marr, petro, danowski... they all suck. got it, if have kids can't coach. Nope, every kid that is any good has a dad that is his coach too. Dads that can't coach their kids come on here and complain about the ones that do. I guess dads can't hire their kids either? If you need to bash, bash dads that overplay their kids bc they are their dads not dads that coach. Dads are much better than recent college grads that have no experience raising kids and are more interested in chasing girls and bars than raising kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]ah-ha, coaches kids are always terrible... donahue, marr, petro, danowski... they all suck. got it, if have kids can't coach. Nope, every kid that is any good has a dad that is his coach too. Dads that can't coach their kids come on here and complain about the ones that do. I guess dads can't hire their kids either? If you need to bash, bash dads that overplay their kids bc they are their dads not dads that coach. Dads are much better than recent college grads that have no experience raising kids and are more interested in chasing girls and bars than raising kids.[/quote

Dude this is by far the most useless rambling of illogical content posted on this prestigious forum

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any Philly teams planning to make the WSYL Brotherly love going to try and qualify again?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any Philly teams planning to make the WSYL Brotherly love going to try and qualify again?

Whoever goes needs to wait and see what the age cutoff will be, in one of the other area's on the site they are looking at changing it again.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agree. WSYL has changed the age requirement for every year this event has been held and likely will change it again, which is probably a mistake. My son was on the BL team that went this year and although we didn't do as well as we hoped I think it has as much to do with the bracket we were in. Two of the Final Four Teams came from our bracket. Like most tournaments it is all in the seeding and the draw. I do have to say that this was the greatest lacrosse weekend for our son, team, and family. We turned it into a mini vacation and had a blast. The kids loved it, the parents loves it, and I think some of the parents are still suffering from the festivities. "What happens in Colorado, stays in Colorado."

After all isn't that a big part of why we do the youth sports, the camaraderie and memories. BL leadership hasn't mentioned doing it next year. I do have to say at the end of the day it was pretty expensive. But would go again in a heart beat, it was that memorable of an experience.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What will the age cutoff be for next year? Do they move it up or down?
When is this sport gonna wake up and go to birth year?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Big changes in DUKES depth chart.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What will the age cutoff be for next year? Do they move it up or down?
When is this sport gonna wake up and go to birth year?

All anonymous BOTC postings about the change, zero proof and when asked for more substantial info... nothing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Big changes in DUKES depth chart.

Yeah, Coach Gonzo son who is the lowest on the DUKES 2023 depth chart is now playing up on the 2022 depth chart. I saw him play against Express B Team and he couldn't even catch the ball. That is just typical DUKES DADDY ball, but that is the advantage when your Dad is the DUKES coach. Nothing new. That is rampant all over in the Dukes Nationals organization. STAY AWAY from this scam. Yes, my son is a 2022 starting attack LIE player.

Like Reply Quote
Page 20 of 37 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 36 37
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard