BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rating: 1
Page 207 of 220 1 2 205 206 207 208 209 219 220
Re: Long Island Top Guns Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TG team is the2020 group

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Idk what the Hangul is on 2020 vs 2019. Most girls play together on varsity and both teams very skilled. Each took a win from the other this wknd. Great lacrosse

Sorry that's embarrassing for your 2019 top team losing to a mediocre 2020 team missing its best player .

Obviously not a 2020 parent who would crap on their own team

Never said I was a 2020 parent . The 2020 team barely beat the wave team and title 9, they are C level clubs so essentially it puts your 2019 black team at that level . That's not a good showing and the missing player excuse is ridiculous.

West Hampton is back

Carnac says" what's in your wife" ?
How does misspelling it make it funny ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Only age group that might purple might beat black is 2021[/quote

Not likely, but will they will probably face each other today and we'll know for sure.

Purple has way more athleticism and size. Expect a roster shakeup between the two. Black was not able to recover and replace the better girls that left. There will be purple girls who deservingly will be pulled up.

"Way more" is an exaggeration. There are always girls who should be pulled up, as it should be. Black recovered just fine, the only player who is missed is the goalie. She was replaced by 2 goalies and 1 is considerably weaker than the other. Only 2 of the girls that left went to YJ A and the rest were easily replaced. Not sure what makes you the authority on this subject, especially since you sound like a purple parent not black. Purple and Black didn't play each other but Black beat the team (score 5-2) who took Purple out of the tournament (score 6-5).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard black only beat them by 1

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[quote=Anonymous]Only age group that might purple might beat black is 2021[/quote

Not likely, but will they will probably face each other today and we'll know for sure.

Purple has way more athleticism and size. Expect a roster shakeup between the two. Black was not able to recover and replace the better girls that left. There will be purple girls who deservingly will be pulled up.

"Way more" is an exaggeration. There are always girls who should be pulled up, as it should be. Black recovered just fine, the only player who is missed is the goalie. She was replaced by 2 goalies and 1 is considerably weaker than the other. Only 2 of the girls that left went to YJ A and the rest were easily replaced. Not sure what makes you the authority on this subject, especially since you sound like a purple parent not black. Purple and Black didn't play each other but Black beat the team (score 5-2) who took Purple out of the tournament (score 6-5).

There are always a few changes. Late additions aren't working out but the team is pretty solid all in all.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2018's not allowed to play each other? TM says 0-0 tie.

And who is TG (no color) who won 2019's?

2018 purple played all their games on Saturday with black players filling out their team. They played Legacy lax with 10 girls in the last game. Eliminated from playoff contention so their was no reason to show up for a scrimmage with not enough players.

Makes sense except for the tie - why not a forfeit? Or did Black not show up either? Just curious - turns out it didn't, but could have hurt Black in pool standings.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2018 purple played all their games on Saturday with black players filling out their team. They played Legacy lax with 10 girls in the last game. Eliminated from playoff contention so their was no reason to show up for a scrimmage with not enough players.

Makes sense except for the tie - why not a forfeit? Or did Black not show up either? Just curious - turns out it didn't, but could have hurt Black in pool standings.

They did not count any forfeits as losses, instead they counted them all as ties. Beach Bums must have canceled at the last minute because they were given 4 ties. It did not effect any standings. Black was winning this tournament no matter what

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do they have a 2025 team? Did not see them at any tournaments if they did. If, how are they?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They did not count any forfeits as losses, instead they counted them all as ties. Beach Bums must have canceled at the last minute because they were given 4 ties. It did not effect any standings. Black was winning this tournament no matter what

Thanks for the info.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Guess you heard wrong.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]2018's not allowed to play each other? TM says 0-0 tie.

[/q

I hope that you all realize this is not a tournament in any sense of the word, the teams attending would have trouble against decent PAL teams, they can barely fill out two brackets. this is a money grab for TG, its the CR classic double dip local tourney. Believe me the TG players and parents are embarrassed to be hosting/playing in this event and calling it a championship format tourney

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/q

I hope that you all realize this is not a tournament in any sense of the word, the teams attending would have trouble against decent PAL teams, they can barely fill out two brackets. this is a money grab for TG, its the CR classic double dip local tourney. Believe me the TG players and parents are embarrassed to be hosting/playing in this event and calling it a championship format tourney

Why? Because YJ teams don't attend? I noticed several YJ girls moonlighting on other teams! It is great to have LI teams playing each other. Many of the teams are not competitive, but a handful are. Many of the away tournaments I've driven to MD for were the same way. The championship games are generally good. Was great for the girls to play on LI!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/q

Why? Because YJ teams don't attend? I noticed several YJ girls moonlighting on other teams! It is great to have LI teams playing each other. Many of the teams are not competitive, but a handful are. Many of the away tournaments I've driven to MD for were the same way. The championship games are generally good. Was great for the girls to play on LI!

Stop, you sound silly or are incredibly delussional

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/q

Stop, you sound silly or are incredibly delussional

What would be great is if there were any FOOD!!! Not one vendor

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Only a fatass would be there for the food. Me, I was there to watch my daughter play lacrosse, and was Damn glad to do it without sitting on the Belt for two hours! The parking and fields were great and convenient. Not sure which age group you have a problem with, but my daughter's 2023 team had some great games. Way better than that farce of a YJ tournament!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Only a fatass would be there for the food. Me, I was there to watch my daughter play lacrosse, and was Damn glad to do it without sitting on the Belt for two hours! The parking and fields were great and convenient. Not sure which age group you have a problem with, but my daughter's 2023 team had some great games. Way better than that farce of a YJ tournament!

Yep. Expecting a concession stand at an hours long sporting event only appeals to "fatasses". Get over yourself [lacrosse].

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yep. Expecting a concession stand at an hours long sporting event only appeals to "fatasses". Get over yourself [lacrosse].

McDonalds was a walk away, heard the Big Macs were two for one!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

An hour? I was there all day. Two kids. 7 hrs

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
top guns team tent always offers out of town teams free lunch

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It is a contractual issue with Hofstra University where food vendors are not allowed on campus. It is definitely something Top Gun should make known to the teams attending the tournament.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you were there for 7 hours and not one parent could make a food run?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
so you are too stupid to drive yourself 5 minutes to feed two kids? seriously? 7 hours of moaning about concessions?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds like you are a sourpuss who's daughter USED to play on YJ 2023. Probably the same guy (RL) who coaches his daughter from the sideline like an absolute lunatic.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This event was not held in some cornfield in Bel Air, MD where the nearest food was miles away. You could have walked 5 minutes to McDonalds, not to mention so many other food places on Hempstead Tpke. On top of that, I have been doing these tournaments for years. We put a cooler together with plenty of water, sandwiches and snacks like fresh fruit. C'mon show some initiative and take some responsibility

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't think the poster insinuated that they didn't eat or pack a cooler. I think it was merely an observation that most tournaments have at least some form of an option? I'm not really sure why you were all getting a little bit insane about the whole thing lighten up
I for one didn't even pack a cooler. I went home between games and came back it was a pleasure

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ok ...no one cares what you did between games d bag.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds like you are a sourpuss who's daughter USED to play on YJ 2023. Probably the same guy (RL) who coaches his daughter from the sideline like an absolute lunatic.

Not my daughter, she plays on lgloo and loves it. Was your daughter the YJ player who had to play on a pick up team (who got their buts kicked) because CR is too scared her teams might lose to a Long Island team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So overall the tournament was a success.

-No paying to travel over an overcrowded bridge
-No paying to travel on I95 for 5+ hours each way
-No paying for an overpriced hotel that you must schedule thru Anthony Travel
-Plenty of parking in a real paved parking lot
-No clueless holdback MD kids who cant answer any questions as to where to park
-Not as many wimpy/clueless officials as typically found in MD
-No MD teams whose daughters can already drive
-No fruity vineyard vines wearing MD Biff/Buffy types.
-A Jersey Mikes within walking distance

This tourney was priceless. Can we do it every weekend

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is hilarious lol excellent way to end tourney season home

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm a YJ dad who has to endure a bunch of that. This is awesome, my favorite post on here. Specifically, the MD officials calling every head toss and flop when a MD girl is touched and the Biffs/Buffys comment. The men strut around like a bunch of brightly colored peacocks. Not a lot of testosterone down there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If we could get all the Club directors to do whats best for the girls, and not their pocketbooks, we, the customers would benefit. Less time on the road and more time playing!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ok ...no one cares what you did between games d bag.

I guess food is what you worry about when you're losing all your games.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE

I'm a YJ dad who has to endure a bunch of that. This is awesome, my favorite post on here. Specifically, the MD officials calling every head toss and flop when a MD girl is touched and the Biffs/Buffys comment. The men strut around like a bunch of brightly colored peacocks. Not a lot of testosterone down there.

Don't forget the Ice Wars, which begin at dawn so that all hotel ice bins are empty by 8 a.m., God forbid your games start on the later end of the schedule and you could actually sleep in. And then you find that every store in a five-mile radius has also sold out of ice.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Powderfinger

Don't forget the Ice Wars, which begin at dawn so that all hotel ice bins are empty by 8 a.m., God forbid your games start on the later end of the schedule and you could actually sleep in. And then you find that every store in a five-mile radius has also sold out of ice.

Lol, been there! Then you make it to the "championship " which winds up as a punishment when it take 3 hours longer than everyone else to make it home 😡😫

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/quote]

Funny!!! As much as we all complain about it all, we are all going to miss it when it all ends. And on that note as much as these threads can be "fun" to sit down and read…can't we all get along?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Funny!!! As much as we all complain about it all, we are all going to miss it when it all ends. And on that note as much as these threads can be "fun" to sit down and read…can't we all get along? [/quote]

Yes, we're all in it together. Wish the LI clubs could support each other a little better instead of belittle each other.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It was by 2
And purple beat that team by 1 at lax for cure in a full game
My daughter is on sound and I thought purple and black were solid
Black had a solid midfielder tall kid she took some of the draws

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by Powderfinger

Lol, been there! Then you make it to the "championship " which winds up as a punishment when it take 3 hours longer than everyone else to make it home 😡😫

Yes, getting that far was always a mixed blessing. Nice to be there, but cursed with facing shore traffic in addition to the regular SI and Belt Parkway nightmares.

I do miss it. Just had a pic come up on my Timehop of FL and the U15 Nationals. It was a lot of fun, and a lot of work and money, but memories were made and times were enjoyed. I've got one kid left competing in college and IDK what I'll do with myself when that ends.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why don't we? If enough parents would just say "ENOUGH" - this is the maximum distance I will drive! This is the maximum amount I will pay for tolls! Make the MD teams come across and shell out the toll money and they can sit on the Narrows on Sunday evening as we sit at home cracking open another one.
Instead - they are sitting at home hours before we are even half way up the turnpike.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
if you travel you are guaranteed a full ride . it doesn't matter if your kid doesn't play. just be there and make sure the college asst. coaches hear her name every time she touches the ball. make sure to yell " move the ball" when she doesn't, make sure to yell "take it to the c age" when she gets the ball.

squeaky wheels get the scholarships. not the team.

Like Reply Quote
Page 207 of 220 1 2 205 206 207 208 209 219 220
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard